RE: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux

 David Williams wrote

> "Andy Kent" <andykent.bristol@virgin.net> wrote in message
> > Why ever would you want to run a cold restore unattended?
> >
> > Great laxative ...
> >

>   To create a reporting database once per week...
>
>   Once all the ontape stuff is finished don't forget to
>
> a)  Sit in a loop running onstat - and check the return
> code each time.Wait for the server to reach quiescent
> mode. This can take 45 mins.
>
> b) onmode -m to move to Online mode.
>
> Otherwise a reboot means another restore!
>
> I had this working great for a customer a while back!
Here is one I prepared earlier ---

onbar/ontape whatever ..
FORCEOL=n
until  onstat - | grep "On-Line"  > /dev/null
do
   echo "Off line" # ; sleep 20
   onstat - | grep "[BQ][lu][oi][ce][ks]" > /dev/null && ( echo "\nServ blokd"
         if [ x$FORCEOL = "xn" ] ; then
                 echo "Onlining.." ; onmode -m ; FORCEOL=y; sleep 240
         else
                 echo "waiting to online " ; sleep 240
         fi
         )
  onstat - # for comfort factor
   sleep 60
done

This seems to work on our automated restore of live for testing.
I know the grep line looks like a load of boll*cks. But it works.
Tru64 5.1 and ksh

Colin Bull
c.bull@videonetworks.com

sending to informix-list
0
Colin

"Colin Bull" <c.bull@videonetworks.com> wrote:

> Here is one I prepared earlier ---
>
> onbar/ontape whatever ..
> FORCEOL=n
> until  onstat - | grep "On-Line"  > /dev/null
> do
>    echo "Off line" # ; sleep 20
>    onstat - | grep "[BQ][lu][oi][ce][ks]" > /dev/null && ( echo
>    "\nServ blokd"
>          if [ x$FORCEOL = "xn" ] ; then
>                  echo "Onlining.." ; onmode -m ; FORCEOL=y;
>                  sleep 240
>          else
>                  echo "waiting to online " ; sleep 240
>          fi
>          )
>   onstat - # for comfort factor
>    sleep 60
> done
>
> This seems to work on our automated restore of live for testing.
> I know the grep line looks like a load of boll*cks. But it
> works. Tru64 5.1 and ksh

'onstat -' sets the return code according to the server state ->
no need for boll*cking greps...

From the top of my head:
 255 = server is offline ("Shared memory not initialized...")
   5 = online
   4 = some error
0..3 = several other states like quiescent, blocked etc. (don't
know exacly)

HTH
Christian
--
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/* The opinions stated above are my own and not

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31
Which version of IDS 7.31 do you have? IDS doesnt have database-level backup/restore capability. I think you can do dbspace-level backup/restore with onbar. Thanks, Uday. "Massoroto" <alanmas@gmail.co m> To Sent by: informix-list@iiug.org owner-informix-li cc st@iiug.org Subject Database Backup/Restore using 09/16/2005 08:13 Informix IDS 7.31 AM Please respond to "Massoroto" Hallo. I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or dbspace level. My databases are bigger than 2 Gb and I have read that there is a problem. Using onload/onload returns problems.. Anybody may help me? [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of graycol.gif] [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of pic28138.gif] [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of ecblank.gif] sending to informix-list ...

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31 #3
Hi, - you can use dbexport/dbimport to tape device. See syntax for these utility commands. - using ontape you can not backup dbspaces separately. You can restore dbspaces separately, but with some restrictions. See manual "Backup and Restore Guide" for more info. - to backup dbspaces separately, you'd have to use ON-Bar. However, that requires configuration and setup of a Storage Manager (e.g. ISM). It has some restrictions also, mainly that you have to backup logical logs as well in order to do such backups and be able to restore them successfully. - there's no backing up of (separate) databases, neither with ontape nor with ON-Bar. - you can look into other utilities. Rather than onload/onunload (with the size of your databases) you may want to look into HPL (High Performance Loader) ? Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 16.09.2005 15:13:38: > > Hallo. > > I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using > Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server > using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or > dbspace level. > > My databases are bigger than 2 Gb and I have read that there is a > problem. Using onload/onload returns problems.. > > Anybody may help me? sending to informix-list ...

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31 #2
Hi, ontape (in older versions) has a limitation of 2 GB only if TAPEDEV is a file in the file system. If TAPEDEV is an actual tape device, then this restriction does not apply. Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 16.09.2005 17:11:49: > Are your databases isolated within their own dbspaces? Recovery is > done at an instance level, so you can "warm" restore dbspaces, but > you'll have to make them current with the instance through logical > recovery. > > If you need to recover a single database (selective recovery), you may > need to restore to another (temporary) instance, export the database, > then import it back to the primary instance. > > There's no problem with databases over 2GB. Ontape has a maximum > TAPESIZE of 2gb -- but there's nothing stopping you from spanning > multiple tapes (or files on a file system; but that requires some > manual intervention). sending to informix-list ...

Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31
Hallo. I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or dbspace level. My databases are bigger than 2 Gb and I have read that there is a problem. Using onload/onload returns problems.. Anybody may help me? Are your databases isolated within their own dbspaces? Recovery is done at an instance level, so you can "warm" restore dbspaces, but you'll have to make them current with the instance through logical recovery. If you need to recover a single database (selective recovery), you may need to restore to another (temporary) instance, export the database, then import it back to the primary instance. There's no problem with databases over 2GB. Ontape has a maximum TAPESIZE of 2gb -- but there's nothing stopping you from spanning multiple tapes (or files on a file system; but that requires some manual intervention). Massoroto wrote: > Hallo. > > I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using > Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server > using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or > dbspace level. IDS does not support database level archives and restores. The closest you can come is to isolate a database to one or more dedicated dbspaces, then with ontape you can perfo...

Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server
KW Foo wrote: > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > application and the data and restore to another server. > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix > chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". > > We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. > > After we restore the application and the Informix chunk directory, when we > try to start the Informix engine using "oninit", the server go into "FAST > RECOVERY" mode, after few minutes, it display message "oninit: Fatal error > in shared memory initialization". > > > The following are the message recorded in the online.log: > > 13:41:32 Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory Initialized. > 13:41:32 Physical Recovery Started. > 13:45:16 Physical Recovery Complete: 84946 Pages Restored. > 13:45:16 Logical Recovery Started. > 13:45:16 shmget: [ENOMEM][12]: key 52564806: out of shared memory, check > system > max shared memory segment size > 13:45:16 out of virtual shared memory more available shared memory...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #2
Make sure you don't have any informix process still running..and grabbing memory Verify with ipcs -m Also, verify your $ONCONFIG, so that you SHMBASE goes with the release notes ( if should not impact, but you never know) If that still does not work, try reducing the SHMVIRTSIZE -----Message d'origine----- De : owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]De la part de Paul Watson Envoy� : 19 janvier, 2004 06:18 � : informix-list@iiug.org Objet : Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server Check the release note in $INFORMIXDIR/release/*/*/ or look in the /etc/system on the working server KW Foo wrote: > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > Regards, > KW Foo > > -- > "Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message > news:400B9841.75DB2436@oninit.com... > > Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct > > > > KW Foo wrote: > > > > > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > > > application and the data and restore to another server. > > > > > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using > > > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to > another > > > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > &g...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #4
In my personal opinion, why bother using ufsdump when you could restore with ontape. Don't forget that all chunk structures must be the same but that ontape & ufsdump might not read & write the same way, thus creating incompatibilities. There is gain in using ufsdump versus the potential problems just like the one you encountered. Andr� >From: St�phane Gadoury <stephane.gadoury@transat.com> >To: <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server >Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:54:50 -0500 > >Make sure you don't have any informix process still running..and grabbing >memory > >Verify with ipcs -m > >Also, verify your $ONCONFIG, so that you SHMBASE goes with the release >notes >( if should not impact, but you never know) > >If that still does not work, try reducing the SHMVIRTSIZE > >-----Message d'origine----- >De : owner-informix-list@iiug.org >[mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]De la part de Paul Watson >Envoy� : 19 janvier, 2004 06:18 >� : informix-list@iiug.org >Objet : Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server > > >Check the release note in $INFORMIXDIR/release/*/*/ or look in the >/etc/system on the working server > >KW Foo wrote: > > > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > > > Regards, > > KW Foo > ...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #3
Did You re-install Informix executables ('installserver' script) after transferring it to anather machine with Solaris utility? If not, please, do that. Also, do nor forget about 'RUNASROOT' script. ------------------------------------------ Alexey Sonkin Senior Database Administrator > -----Original Message----- > From: KW Foo [mailto:hovid@streamyx.com] > Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 5:38 AM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > Regards, > KW Foo > > -- > "Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message > news:400B9841.75DB2436@oninit.com... > > Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct > > > > KW Foo wrote: > > > > > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > > > application and the data and restore to another server. > > > > > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server > using > > > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to > another > > > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > > > > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the > Informix > > > ch...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Cannot put Server Online in Informix 7.31
Hi, I am workind with Informix (IDS) 7.31 under Solaris 8. I have problems to put an Informix Server Online. By showing the log messages it seems that there are a lot of problems: 10:05:41 semctl: errno = 22 10:05:41 semctl: errno = 22 10:05:41 PANIC: Attempting to bring system down 10:05:41 mtex.c, line 471, thread 7, proc id 595, No Exception Handler. 10:05:34 See Also: /INFORMIXDUMP/af.3efe9b4, shmem.3efe9b4.0 10:05:27 listener-thread: err = -27002: oserr = 0: errstr = : No connections are allowed in Dynamic Server quiescent mode. 10:05:27 (14) connection rejected - no calls allowed for sqlexec 10:05:12 listener-thread: err = -27002: oserr = 0: errstr = : No connections are allowed in Dynamic Server quiescent mode. 10:05:12 (13) connection rejected - no calls allowed for sqlexec 10:04:53 Action: Please notify Informix Technical Support. 10:04:53 Results: Exception Caught. Type: MT_EX_OS, Context: mem 10:04:53 Who: Session(1, root@oami2, 0, 239157272) Thread(7, main_loop(), e3ea018, 3) File: mtex.c Line: 471 10:04:53 Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UD7 10:04:53 Assert Failed: No Exception Handler 10:04:53 Cannot Open Primary Chunk '/disk_extern/prueba/plogicallog_2', errno = 2 10:04:53 Cannot Open Primary Chunk '/disk_extern/prueba/pem_blob1_4', errno = 2 10:04:53 Cannot Open Primary Chunk '/disk_extern/prueba/pem_blob1_3', errno = 2 10:04:53 Cannot Open Primary Chunk '/disk_extern/prueba/plogicallog_2...

Restore Informix software & Database to another server
We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 application and the data and restore to another server. We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another server (with the same directory structure and hardware). We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. After we restore the application and the Informix chunk directory, when we try to start the Informix engine using "oninit", the server go into "FAST RECOVERY" mode, after few minutes, it display message "oninit: Fatal error in shared memory initialization". The following are the message recorded in the online.log: 13:41:32 Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory Initialized. 13:41:32 Physical Recovery Started. 13:45:16 Physical Recovery Complete: 84946 Pages Restored. 13:45:16 Logical Recovery Started. 13:45:16 shmget: [ENOMEM][12]: key 52564806: out of shared memory, check system max shared memory segment size 13:45:16 out of virtual shared memory 13:45:16 Cannot Rollforward from Checkpoint. 13:45:17 Informix Dynamic Server Stopped. 13:45:18 mt_shm_remove: WARNING: may not have removed all/correct segments After that, we ...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the following error - 668 Command cannot be executed 127 No Primary Key I think that the 127 error number is from the shell execution. The /tmp/mylog file is created but with no values. Even if I replace it with an echo hello command I get an empty file. Having read one of Jonathan Leffler's responses, the SHELL environment variables needs to be set to the the Shell of the remote system. In my case that is 'set SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh' . I did this and it still didn't work. Am I missing further environment variables as I am executing the procedure from NT. Has anyone managed to do this? Many thanks in advance, Nick Have you tryed it on aix itself?? does that work?? try: SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env 2>&1) > /tmp/nonexistingfile"; -- check what is in nonexistingfile or SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh ...

Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module
I found a solution, It worked well with tcp connections, Looks like perl's Informix DBD Module doesn't like shared memory connections,at least with my versions. But I can live with tcp connections. Thanks anyway. I have other question , Does anybody knows how to actually get the number of rows returned/affected in a query with perl ? I tried with : $nrows=$sth->rows(); always returned 0. $nrows = $sth->{ix_sqlerrd}[2] always returned 0 too. Any ideas ? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralagricola.com.gt> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Cc: "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net>; <jleffler@us.ibm.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 9:12 AM Subject: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module > Hi everybody, > I have > Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11 > on Red Hat Linux 9 > perl v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi > DBI 1.42 > DBD Informix 2003.04 > > After installing perl's DBI and DBD Modules for Informix I > finally get a script to connect and disconnect to the database . > But after running the script several times (that only connects and > disconnects to the database ) , the server hangs and it does not let to > connect to any database > with the message : 25588: The appl process cannot connect to the database > server > Restarting the server f...

Re: Looking for a copy of informix 7.2 dynamic server
Assuming you want it for testing/learn purposes you better get ids 9.3/9.4 from iiug. Even you could get the new 10.0 from informix.com. J rbl wrote: > Hi, > > does anyone here have a copy for windows/unix that they'd like to barter > for? I'm assuming that since it's been de-supported and de-marketed by > IBM, it should be ok now. If not, apologies. > > rb > > sending to informix-list Yeah, but unfortunately I need to test specifically against 7.x for compliance reasons. There are some very large institutions that are still using it and won't budge. rb Jean Sagi wrote: > Assuming you want it for testing/learn purposes you better get ids > 9.3/9.4 from iiug. Even you could get the new 10.0 from informix.com. > > J > > > rbl wrote: > >>Hi, >> >>does anyone here have a copy for windows/unix that they'd like to barter >>for? I'm assuming that since it's been de-supported and de-marketed by >>IBM, it should be ok now. If not, apologies. >> >>rb >> >> >> > sending to informix-list > ...

RE: Change database mode online using onmode in Informix
Onmode -m only works if the engine is already started. Try oninit (no parameters, if you want to go directly to online mode), instead. --EEM > -----Original Message----- > From: alanmas@gmail.com [mailto:alanmas@gmail.com] > Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 8:37 AM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Change database mode online using onmode in Informix > > Hi. > > I would like to put 'Online' and 'Offline' via command an IDS server. > I tried put a serer Offline by typing: onmode -ky and it works. > > informix@FO:/informix$ export INFORMIXSERVER=backup_source > informix@FO:/informix$ onmode -ky > > However I tried to put it Online again by typing: onmode -my but it > does not work. Does anybody knows wheter the expression is correct or > whether the server must be first in transient mode or why it does not > work? > > informix@FO:/informix$ onmode -ky > shared memory not initialized for INFORMIXSERVER 'backup_source' > > Thank you all. sending to informix-list ...

FW: Restore Informix software & Database to another server
Yes, the kernel settings must be correct - and also, did you create the symbolic links in /usr/lib for Informix ? -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Paul Watson Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 10:42 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct KW Foo wrote: > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > application and the data and restore to another server. > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix > chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". > > We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. > > After we restore the application and the Informix chunk directory, when we > try to start the Informix engine using "oninit", the server go into "FAST > RECOVERY" mode, after few minutes, it display message "oninit: Fatal error > in shared memory initialization". &...

Re: Help:informix database backup/restore with netbackup agent.
Hi, the message "could not fork server connection, SQLCODE -25596" means that the server (IDS's oninit processes) could not be started, or they could be started but it was not possible to connect to them. The XBSA error then is the following error caused by the resulting abort. Check whether there are any "oninit" processes running for this instance after a restore attempt ("ps -ef | grep oninit" if you have only this one instance on this machine). If there are any, remove them, remove possibly left-over shared memory segments ("ipcrm ..."). Then check that your protocol for server connections is configured properly ("onsoctcp", ontlitcp", onipcshm", ...). Then try again. For additional info you can switch on debug tracing in ON-Bar. Set the parameters in your onconfig file, respectively BAR_DEBUG_LOG to a filename and BAR_DEBUG to a digit between 2 and 6. Then try again and afterwards try to figure out from the debug log file what the problem is, or open a case with IBM Informix Tech Support and let them help you. Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 17.06.2005 17:02:01: > Thanks for the help, > > I check activity log, it says: > 2005-06-16 18:57:58 13215 13213 /opt/informix/bin/onbar_d -r -w > 2005-06-16 18:57:59 13215 13213 Working with veritas-...

RE: Do I have to have an Informix Database?
Bruce, You have to buy a database from somewhere. But 4Js and Querix offer versions of the Informix-4GL compiler that will work with other databases. I think they both give the choice between Informix and Oracle, and I think DB2. But visit their web-sites to find out the latest info. Their compilers also work on Windows or UNIX thereby giving even more flexibility. Malcolm -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Truter Sent: 15 February 2004 03:36 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Do I have to have an Informix Database? I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with 4gl. Is there anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially something that will create its own database) ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! sending to informix-list ...

[Fwd: Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module]
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000806050204000100000404 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I sent this to Francisco from the office, and I don't have direct posting access to news groups while I'm in the office. He agreed that the example code using rows worked and answered his questions. "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralagricola.com.gt> wrote: >> I found a solution, >> It worked well with tcp connections, >> Looks like perl's Informix DBD Module doesn't like shared memory >> connections,at least with my versions. >> But I can live with tcp connections. >> >> Thanks anyway. >> I have other question , >> Does anybody knows how to actually get the number of >> rows returned/affected in a query with perl ? >> >> I tried with : >> >> $nrows=$sth->rows(); >> >> always returned 0. Messages passing in the night... It's a bit worrying that shared memory connections aren't working, but I can imagine all sorts of configuration reasons why they weren't working, as well as bug possibilities. Works for me: #!/bin/perl -w use strict; use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Informix:stores','','',{RaiseError=>1}); my $sth = $dbh->prepare(q{SELECT tabid, tabname, tabt...

RE: Change database mode online using onmode in Informix #2
onmode -m takes the database server from quiescent or single-user mode to online mode. To bring the server from off-line to on-line, you should just use the oninit command. You could use the oninit -s to initialise shared memory and bring the server to single-user mode and then use onmode -m to bring it to multi-user mode. By the way, you should not use onmode -ky to shut down the server unless you are in quiescent mode. This will not perform a checkpoint and can, in some situations, lead to data loss or corruption. I recommend shutting down with onmode -yuk. This brings the database server to quiescent mode without waiting for users to finish their sessions. Their current transactions are rolled back, and their sessions are terminated. A checkpoint is completed and then database server goes to offline mode and database server shared memory is removed. The order of parameters is unimportant, but I use "onmode -yuk" because of the mnemonic value, at least for English speakers; say it out loud with me: "onmode -yuk (yuck) can avoid a big mess." I know its silly, but it sticks in the head. Check the IBM Informix Dynamic Server Administrator's Reference: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/html/25122680/25122680tfrm.htm Sincerely, Christopher Coleman Steering Committee President Kansas City Informix Users Group www.iiug.org/kciug Database Analyst Pharmacy Division Mediware Information Systems, Inc. -----Original ...

951: Incorrect password or user is not known on the database server in Informix 7.3
Hi. I recently booted the Informix IDS 7.31 server and after putting online the databases it appeared the message after acceding dbaccess: 951: Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database server Any idea? Thanks. For more information on the log file I get: 19:20:33 listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 13: errstr = informix: Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database server. System error = 13. 19:20:33 Check for password aging/account lock-out. 19:20:33 Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed! Massoroto wrote: > For more information on the log file I get: > > 19:20:33 listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 13: errstr = informix: > Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database > server. > System error = 13. > 19:20:33 Check for password aging/account lock-out. > 19:20:33 Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed! > Which OS are you using? Are you sure everything is allright with user Informix? Can you logon? Are you sure your oninit's have the right permissions? System error 13 is "#define EACCES 13 /* Permission denied */" Regards... Which OS? Which OS version? Which IDS version? "Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed!" Well that is pretty clear isn't it? ...

Web resources about - RE: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux - comp.databases.informix

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

Enterprises want to run databases in containers
More than three out of four IT decision makers are interested in running stateful applications like databases within containers, according to ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers

U.S. Attorney Suggests Password Cardinals Used To Access Astros Scouting Database Was “Eckstein123"
... scouting director Christopher Correa plead guilty to five counts of unauthorized access to a computer for hacking the Houston Astros database. ...

Blinkbox Music's user database was just sold to... JD Sports
Of Tesco's three ailing digital Blinkbox services, its e-book store appeared to be the only one that would go gently into that good night. Eventually, ...

8 Reasons to Consider Open-Source Databases for Your Business
Historically, costly commercial database systems dominated the data management landscape. But open-source database system adoption is growing ...