RE: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux #2

 Christian Knappke wrote

> "Colin Bull" <c.bull@videonetworks.com> wrote:
>
> > Here is one I prepared earlier ---
> >
> > onbar/ontape whatever ..
> > FORCEOL=n
> > until  onstat - | grep "On-Line"  > /dev/null
> > do
> >    echo "Off line" # ; sleep 20
> >    onstat - | grep "[BQ][lu][oi][ce][ks]" > /dev/null && ( echo
> >    "\nServ blokd"
> >          if [ x$FORCEOL = "xn" ] ; then
> >                  echo "Onlining.." ; onmode -m ; FORCEOL=y;
> >                  sleep 240
> >          else
> >                  echo "waiting to online " ; sleep 240
> >          fi
> >          )
> >   onstat - # for comfort factor
> >    sleep 60
> > done
> 'onstat -' sets the return code according to the server state ->
> no need for boll*cking greps...
>
> >From the top of my head:
>  255 = server is offline ("Shared memory not initialized...")
>    5 = online
>    4 = some error
> 0..3 = several other states like quiescent, blocked etc. (don't
> know exacly)

That will make it a lot tidier, should be able to use a case statement.
I will revise next week sometime.

Colin Bull
c.bull@videonetworks.com

sending to informix-list
0
Colin

"Colin Bull" <c.bull@videonetworks.com> wrote in message news:btmcr4> That
will make it a lot tidier, should be able to use a case statement.
> I will revise next week sometime.

http://www.smooth1.demon.co.uk/ifaq06.htm#6.33

6.33 What status codes does onstat return?
On 21st May 1998 mdstock@informix.com (Mark D. Stock) wrote:-

As a point of interest, you can check the current mode of IDS by checking
the status ($?) after onstat -.

The values returned by 'onstat -' are:

  a.. -1 Offline
  b.. 0 Initialisation
  c.. 1 Quiescent
  d.. 2 Recovery
  e.. 3 Backup
  f.. 4 Shutdown
  g.. 5 Online
  h.. 6 Abort

> Colin Bull
> c.bull@videonetworks.com
>
> sending to informix-list

0
David
1/9/2004 9:03:37 PM
Here is my cute little code.. for unattended tape restore.
We do restore to our development everyday and it works fine.

# ------------------------------------------------------------------
echo "             ********************************************"
echo "             * Tape Restore Utility (For Single Tape )  *"
echo "             ********************************************"
# ------------------------------------------------------------------
echo " "
echo "             Press Enter to Continue or CTRL-C to Abort  \c"
read con
echo "Please wait Shutting Down Engine..."
echo "y\ny\n" | onmode -k
echo "\nPlease wait Restoring..."
echo "\ny\nn\nn\nn\n" | ontape -r
while true
do
   engstatus=`onstat - | awk '{ print $5 } '`
   case $engstatus in
        *Fast)      echo "Online Engine is Recovering...";
                    sleep 50;;
        *On-Line)   grantdba;
                    echo "Engine in Online Mode....Ready to Use...";
                    exit;;
        *Quiescent) echo "Engine is  Quescient mode... Making Online";
                    cd etc;
                    onmode -m;
                    cp onconfig.null onconfig;
                    ontape -s -L 0 -B prime;
                    cp onconfig.tape onconfig;
                    cd;;
        *for)       echo "Engine is Off Line.. Starting Engine";
                    oninit;
                    exit;;
        *)          echo "Cannot find Engine Status..";
                    exit;;
   esac
done
0
sdhaya
1/12/2004 4:35:48 AM
S.Dhayanidhi wrote:

> Here is my cute little code..

Most people just show pictures of their kids. Still, if it makes you
happy...

--
"C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule"
- Coluche

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31 #2
Hi, ontape (in older versions) has a limitation of 2 GB only if TAPEDEV is a file in the file system. If TAPEDEV is an actual tape device, then this restriction does not apply. Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 16.09.2005 17:11:49: > Are your databases isolated within their own dbspaces? Recovery is > done at an instance level, so you can "warm" restore dbspaces, but > you'll have to make them current with the instance through logical > recovery. > > If you need to recover a single database (selective recovery), you may > need to restore to another (temporary) instance, export the database, > then import it back to the primary instance. > > There's no problem with databases over 2GB. Ontape has a maximum > TAPESIZE of 2gb -- but there's nothing stopping you from spanning > multiple tapes (or files on a file system; but that requires some > manual intervention). sending to informix-list ...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #2
Make sure you don't have any informix process still running..and grabbing memory Verify with ipcs -m Also, verify your $ONCONFIG, so that you SHMBASE goes with the release notes ( if should not impact, but you never know) If that still does not work, try reducing the SHMVIRTSIZE -----Message d'origine----- De : owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]De la part de Paul Watson Envoy� : 19 janvier, 2004 06:18 � : informix-list@iiug.org Objet : Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server Check the release note in $INFORMIXDIR/release/*/*/ or look in the /etc/system on the working server KW Foo wrote: > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > Regards, > KW Foo > > -- > "Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message > news:400B9841.75DB2436@oninit.com... > > Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct > > > > KW Foo wrote: > > > > > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > > > application and the data and restore to another server. > > > > > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using > > > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to > another > > > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > &g...

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31
Which version of IDS 7.31 do you have? IDS doesnt have database-level backup/restore capability. I think you can do dbspace-level backup/restore with onbar. Thanks, Uday. "Massoroto" <alanmas@gmail.co m> To Sent by: informix-list@iiug.org owner-informix-li cc st@iiug.org Subject Database Backup/Restore using 09/16/2005 08:13 Informix IDS 7.31 AM Please respond to "Massoroto" Hallo. I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or dbspace level. My databases are bigger than 2 Gb and I have read that there is a problem. Using onload/onload returns problems.. Anybody may help me? [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of graycol.gif] [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of pic28138.gif] [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of ecblank.gif] sending to informix-list ...

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31 #3
Hi, - you can use dbexport/dbimport to tape device. See syntax for these utility commands. - using ontape you can not backup dbspaces separately. You can restore dbspaces separately, but with some restrictions. See manual "Backup and Restore Guide" for more info. - to backup dbspaces separately, you'd have to use ON-Bar. However, that requires configuration and setup of a Storage Manager (e.g. ISM). It has some restrictions also, mainly that you have to backup logical logs as well in order to do such backups and be able to restore them successfully. - there's no backing up of (separate) databases, neither with ontape nor with ON-Bar. - you can look into other utilities. Rather than onload/onunload (with the size of your databases) you may want to look into HPL (High Performance Loader) ? Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 16.09.2005 15:13:38: > > Hallo. > > I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using > Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server > using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or > dbspace level. > > My databases are bigger than 2 Gb and I have read that there is a > problem. Using onload/onload returns problems.. > > Anybody may help me? sending to informix-list ...

Trouble restoring 7.2.1 database into 7.4.2 database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C41DC9.42906D90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have table defined as follows: create table vm_emailjob ( JobId serial not null, MessageId varchar(128) not null, Recipients bytea not null, SendTime bigint not null, QueuedTime bigint not null, RetryCount integer ...

Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31
Hallo. I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or dbspace level. My databases are bigger than 2 Gb and I have read that there is a problem. Using onload/onload returns problems.. Anybody may help me? Are your databases isolated within their own dbspaces? Recovery is done at an instance level, so you can "warm" restore dbspaces, but you'll have to make them current with the instance through logical recovery. If you need to recover a single database (selective recovery), you may need to restore to another (temporary) instance, export the database, then import it back to the primary instance. There's no problem with databases over 2GB. Ontape has a maximum TAPESIZE of 2gb -- but there's nothing stopping you from spanning multiple tapes (or files on a file system; but that requires some manual intervention). Massoroto wrote: > Hallo. > > I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using > Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server > using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or > dbspace level. IDS does not support database level archives and restores. The closest you can come is to isolate a database to one or more dedicated dbspaces, then with ontape you can perfo...

Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server
KW Foo wrote: > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > application and the data and restore to another server. > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix > chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". > > We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. > > After we restore the application and the Informix chunk directory, when we > try to start the Informix engine using "oninit", the server go into "FAST > RECOVERY" mode, after few minutes, it display message "oninit: Fatal error > in shared memory initialization". > > > The following are the message recorded in the online.log: > > 13:41:32 Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory Initialized. > 13:41:32 Physical Recovery Started. > 13:45:16 Physical Recovery Complete: 84946 Pages Restored. > 13:45:16 Logical Recovery Started. > 13:45:16 shmget: [ENOMEM][12]: key 52564806: out of shared memory, check > system > max shared memory segment size > 13:45:16 out of virtual shared memory more available shared memory...

Re: Looking for a copy of informix 7.2 dynamic server
Assuming you want it for testing/learn purposes you better get ids 9.3/9.4 from iiug. Even you could get the new 10.0 from informix.com. J rbl wrote: > Hi, > > does anyone here have a copy for windows/unix that they'd like to barter > for? I'm assuming that since it's been de-supported and de-marketed by > IBM, it should be ok now. If not, apologies. > > rb > > sending to informix-list Yeah, but unfortunately I need to test specifically against 7.x for compliance reasons. There are some very large institutions that are still using it and won't budge. rb Jean Sagi wrote: > Assuming you want it for testing/learn purposes you better get ids > 9.3/9.4 from iiug. Even you could get the new 10.0 from informix.com. > > J > > > rbl wrote: > >>Hi, >> >>does anyone here have a copy for windows/unix that they'd like to barter >>for? I'm assuming that since it's been de-supported and de-marketed by >>IBM, it should be ok now. If not, apologies. >> >>rb >> >> >> > sending to informix-list > ...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #3
Did You re-install Informix executables ('installserver' script) after transferring it to anather machine with Solaris utility? If not, please, do that. Also, do nor forget about 'RUNASROOT' script. ------------------------------------------ Alexey Sonkin Senior Database Administrator > -----Original Message----- > From: KW Foo [mailto:hovid@streamyx.com] > Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 5:38 AM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > Regards, > KW Foo > > -- > "Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message > news:400B9841.75DB2436@oninit.com... > > Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct > > > > KW Foo wrote: > > > > > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > > > application and the data and restore to another server. > > > > > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server > using > > > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to > another > > > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > > > > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the > Informix > > > ch...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #4
In my personal opinion, why bother using ufsdump when you could restore with ontape. Don't forget that all chunk structures must be the same but that ontape & ufsdump might not read & write the same way, thus creating incompatibilities. There is gain in using ufsdump versus the potential problems just like the one you encountered. Andr� >From: St�phane Gadoury <stephane.gadoury@transat.com> >To: <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server >Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:54:50 -0500 > >Make sure you don't have any informix process still running..and grabbing >memory > >Verify with ipcs -m > >Also, verify your $ONCONFIG, so that you SHMBASE goes with the release >notes >( if should not impact, but you never know) > >If that still does not work, try reducing the SHMVIRTSIZE > >-----Message d'origine----- >De : owner-informix-list@iiug.org >[mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]De la part de Paul Watson >Envoy� : 19 janvier, 2004 06:18 >� : informix-list@iiug.org >Objet : Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server > > >Check the release note in $INFORMIXDIR/release/*/*/ or look in the >/etc/system on the working server > >KW Foo wrote: > > > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > > > Regards, > > KW Foo > ...

RE: Change database mode online using onmode in Informix #2
onmode -m takes the database server from quiescent or single-user mode to online mode. To bring the server from off-line to on-line, you should just use the oninit command. You could use the oninit -s to initialise shared memory and bring the server to single-user mode and then use onmode -m to bring it to multi-user mode. By the way, you should not use onmode -ky to shut down the server unless you are in quiescent mode. This will not perform a checkpoint and can, in some situations, lead to data loss or corruption. I recommend shutting down with onmode -yuk. This brings the database server to quiescent mode without waiting for users to finish their sessions. Their current transactions are rolled back, and their sessions are terminated. A checkpoint is completed and then database server goes to offline mode and database server shared memory is removed. The order of parameters is unimportant, but I use "onmode -yuk" because of the mnemonic value, at least for English speakers; say it out loud with me: "onmode -yuk (yuck) can avoid a big mess." I know its silly, but it sticks in the head. Check the IBM Informix Dynamic Server Administrator's Reference: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/html/25122680/25122680tfrm.htm Sincerely, Christopher Coleman Steering Committee President Kansas City Informix Users Group www.iiug.org/kciug Database Analyst Pharmacy Division Mediware Information Systems, Inc. -----Original ...

Re: hi Cant load informix online 5.2 on linux -8 ( rpm file) #7
thnaks and hello, i go through many environments steetings. yeh i am using linux Red hat 8 No the problems are diferent. When i run BDACCESS command it give me the following error " The type of your terminal is unknown to the system." I set the termcam and exported it in .bash_profile when i check env command it shows TERM = xterm I tried to set to TERM=VT100 or VT420 But still the same i can't find changes in env Environment variable which is TERM=xterm and i can't use keyborad arrow keys in TBMONITOR , When i prsess arrow key to navigate through the menus it displays me control characters lie C^ C^M^ etc /............................. So please need your sugestion and help to follow. Your help is appreciated. REGARDS RATHORE ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Hamm" <ahamm@mail.com> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 2:34 AM Subject: Re: hi Cant load informix online 5.2 on linux -8 ( rpm file) > RATHER wrote: > > hello friends. > > > > How are you. As i said. I did open and loaded the rpm file into > > /opt/infomix directory. > > and then copied the all contents to /usr/infomrix directory. From > > /usr/infomix i run from root . / installonline and the online started > > installion with some warnings and finally displayed the messaged that > > installation comeplete sucessfully. > &g...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database #2
You can only revoke a privilege that exists explicitly and you are the GRANTOR, if a user's rights are part of "public" then you cannot prevent the access unless you revoke connection privileges from public Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't >From: "Gosney Simon" <GosneyS@axxia.com> >To: "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net>, <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database >user >Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:48:31 +0100 > >Jonathan... am I correct in thinking that you can't revoke rights from a >user who has those rights because they're a member of public? > >Ie, if they don't have the rights assigned with an explicit GRANT >statement, then you can't revoke their rights without revoking public's >rights and then granting permissions to all other users individually? > >Cheers > >Simon > >-----Original Message----- >From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] >On Behalf Of Jonathan Leffler >Sent: 25 August 2005 05:24 >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user > >anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com wrote: > > I had just installed Informix Advanced Server version 10.0 f...

Re: Start informix database #2
Hi.. This is an example INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$INFORMIXDIR/bin INFORMIXSERVER=coldecon_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.coldecon export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit INFORMIXSERVER=opera_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.opera export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit --- madiego <madiego@qf21.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I had an informix database in the unix server. The > server has been > restarted and now I can't start the database. > I execute 'oninit' and only can started the default > database but not > the database that I created.I haven't errors. > The configuration of INFORMIXDIR, INFROMIXSERVER, > sqlhosts and > onconfig is correct. > > What can I do? > > Regards, > __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail sending to informix-list ...

RE: Informix database creation #2
Hi The existing chunk is already starting at offset of 500. Your new chunk should have the offset as 600501 . Regards Ravinder Bahadur _________________________________________________________________ Are you Unmarried? http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?4d Register in India's No 1 Matrimony. sending to informix-list "Ravinder Bahadur" <ravinder_b@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bgsam4$i9q$1@terabinaries.xmission.com... > > Hi > The existing chunk is already starting at offset of 500. Your new chunk > sh...

Re: hi Cant load informix online 5.2 on linux -8 ( rpm file) #2
Hi, As Tsutomu said it's a bug in the RPM package of Red Hat 8, I know two workarounds: 1. - When you get the error message type 'OVERRIDE', (all caps and without the apostrophe). 2 . export RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/informix export INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix install without any relocation HTH ----- Original Message ----- From: "RATHER" <myzahoor@yahoo.co.uk> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 11:57 PM Subject: hi Cant load informix online 5.2 on linux -8 ( rpm file) > Hello friends > > REcently i download Informix online5.2 ffrom iiug.org site for Liunx. > Now i am trying to load this online5.2 version on linux 8. I have already > user informix created and am giving the followin coomand from the root. > > rpm -i --relocate /opt/informix=$INFORMIXDIR 110197612040731.RPM > > THIS gives me the following error: > > ERROR: INFORMIXDIR doest match the target directry name provided in the rpm > command. If you are not installing this product in the default INFORMIXDIR > name for Linux (/opt/informix), You must provide your INFORMIX dIRECTORY > name with the -- prefix ( rpm 2.x Syntax) or -- relocated ( rpm 3.x Syntax) > paramater in your rpm -i command line. > then again i used the following also but gives me the same error: > > rpm -i --prefix /usr/informix 110197612040731.RPM > > So pleaes anyone sug...

Re: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases #2
I think your best bet would be to use HPL to unload data from the logged db and load it into the non-logged db as long as they both have the same schema(=table definition). Regards, Uday. "Aashish Ramsinghani - ASDC, Chennai" To <Aashishsr@hcl.in informix-list@iiug.org > cc Sent by: owner-informix-li Subject st@iiug.org Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases 12/09/2005 07:01 AM Hi I am using Informix for one of my DW projects. We are loading data from the source system into the staging area both are separate Databases. Source has logging enables and staging has it disabled. The problem comes when I try to access data across both these databases. I cannot link tables between these databases because of their logging properties. So I am dumping the data into a CSV file and loading it again but for my initial load which consists of 40+ million records it is a problem. In oracle I know we can make a separate table space and dump the data there then load the table space to another database. I don't know if such a thing is possible in Informix. Any help will be appreciated. Th...

Cannot put Server Online in Informix 7.31
Hi, I am workind with Informix (IDS) 7.31 under Solaris 8. I have problems to put an Informix Server Online. By showing the log messages it seems that there are a lot of problems: 10:05:41 semctl: errno = 22 10:05:41 semctl: errno = 22 10:05:41 PANIC: Attempting to bring system down 10:05:41 mtex.c, line 471, thread 7, proc id 595, No Exception Handler. 10:05:34 See Also: /INFORMIXDUMP/af.3efe9b4, shmem.3efe9b4.0 10:05:27 listener-thread: err = -27002: oserr = 0: errstr = : No connections are allowed in Dynamic Server quiescent mode. 10:05:27 (14) connection rejected - no calls allowed for sqlexec 10:05:12 listener-thread: err = -27002: oserr = 0: errstr = : No connections are allowed in Dynamic Server quiescent mode. 10:05:12 (13) connection rejected - no calls allowed for sqlexec 10:04:53 Action: Please notify Informix Technical Support. 10:04:53 Results: Exception Caught. Type: MT_EX_OS, Context: mem 10:04:53 Who: Session(1, root@oami2, 0, 239157272) Thread(7, main_loop(), e3ea018, 3) File: mtex.c Line: 471 10:04:53 Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UD7 10:04:53 Assert Failed: No Exception Handler 10:04:53 Cannot Open Primary Chunk '/disk_extern/prueba/plogicallog_2', errno = 2 10:04:53 Cannot Open Primary Chunk '/disk_extern/prueba/pem_blob1_4', errno = 2 10:04:53 Cannot Open Primary Chunk '/disk_extern/prueba/pem_blob1_3', errno = 2 10:04:53 Cannot Open Primary Chunk '/disk_extern/prueba/plogicallog_2...

Re: Moving Data from Informix SE 4 to Informix SE 7 #2
"DBEXPORT bombs out on certain databases because of corrupted system > > tables and/or bad data." I have found that nearly all instances of DBEXPORT "bombing" are due to invalid data in date fields, especially when the data originated in 4.x or earlier versions of the database. The best way around the problem is by first finding the offending rows with a where clause that includes <datefieldname> not between "01011800" and "12312099" and then updating or deleting such rows with the same where clause. If you delete such rows, or at least update the offending date fields to some unique valid date that you can later identify, your export should at least complete. John Fahey ----- Original Message ----- From: "scottishpoet" <dryburghj@yahoo.com> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 8:13 PM Subject: [iiug] Re: Moving Data from Informix SE 4 to Informix SE 7 > nlaods?? no thts not a special utility sorry its another typo > > wolphie@hotmail.com (Smitty) wrote in message news:<4f39af7f.0408301540.5de8ce63@posting.google.com>... > > I'm a programmer/analyst at a medical services company. At the core > > of our system is an Informix SE 4.x database - (c)1990, with all > > business software written in-house using Informix 4GL and FourGen (a > > CASE tool also from the early 90s). Everything runs from an R...

Restore Informix software & Database to another server
We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 application and the data and restore to another server. We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another server (with the same directory structure and hardware). We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. After we restore the application and the Informix chunk directory, when we try to start the Informix engine using "oninit", the server go into "FAST RECOVERY" mode, after few minutes, it display message "oninit: Fatal error in shared memory initialization". The following are the message recorded in the online.log: 13:41:32 Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory Initialized. 13:41:32 Physical Recovery Started. 13:45:16 Physical Recovery Complete: 84946 Pages Restored. 13:45:16 Logical Recovery Started. 13:45:16 shmget: [ENOMEM][12]: key 52564806: out of shared memory, check system max shared memory segment size 13:45:16 out of virtual shared memory 13:45:16 Cannot Rollforward from Checkpoint. 13:45:17 Informix Dynamic Server Stopped. 13:45:18 mt_shm_remove: WARNING: may not have removed all/correct segments After that, we ...

Web resources about - RE: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux #2 - comp.databases.informix

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

Enterprises want to run databases in containers
More than three out of four IT decision makers are interested in running stateful applications like databases within containers, according to ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers

U.S. Attorney Suggests Password Cardinals Used To Access Astros Scouting Database Was “Eckstein123"
... scouting director Christopher Correa plead guilty to five counts of unauthorized access to a computer for hacking the Houston Astros database. ...

Blinkbox Music's user database was just sold to... JD Sports
Of Tesco's three ailing digital Blinkbox services, its e-book store appeared to be the only one that would go gently into that good night. Eventually, ...

8 Reasons to Consider Open-Source Databases for Your Business
Historically, costly commercial database systems dominated the data management landscape. But open-source database system adoption is growing ...