Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server #3

David Williams wrote:

> "Colin Bull" <c.bull@videonetworks.com> wrote in message news:btmcr4> That
> will make it a lot tidier, should be able to use a case statement.
>
>>I will revise next week sometime.
>>

> http://www.smooth1.demon.co.uk/ifaq06.htm#6.33
>
> 6.33 What status codes does onstat return?
> On 21st May 1998 mdstock@informix.com (Mark D. Stock) wrote:-
>
> As a point of interest, you can check the current mode of IDS by checking
> the status ($?) after onstat -.
>
> The values returned by 'onstat -' are:
>
>   a.. -1 Offline
>   b.. 0 Initialisation
>   c.. 1 Quiescent
>   d.. 2 Recovery
>   e.. 3 Backup
>   f.. 4 Shutdown
>   g.. 5 Online
>   h.. 6 Abort

Wow! You remembered! Perhaps I should add some:

Return codes
IDS 7 & 9
-1	Off-line	(-1 = 255)
0	Initialisation
1	Quiescent
2	Recovery
3	Backup
4	Shutdown
5	On-line
6	Abort

IDS 8
-1	Off-line	(-1 = 255)
0	Initialisation
1	Quiescent
2	Micro kernel
3	Recovery
4	Backup
5	Shutdown
6	On-line
7	Abort

Cheers,
--
Mark.

+----------------------------------------------------------+-----------+
| Mark D. Stock          mailto:mdstock@MydasSolutions.com |////////  /|
| Mydas Solutions Ltd            http://MydasSolutions.com |/////  / //|
|                      +-----------------------------------+////  / ///|
|                      |We value your comments, which have |///  / ////|
|                      |been recorded and automatically    |//  / /////|
|                      |emailed back to us for our records.|/  ////////|
+----------------------+-----------------------------------+-----------+

sending to informix-list
0
Mark

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #3
Did You re-install Informix executables ('installserver' script) after transferring it to anather machine with Solaris utility? If not, please, do that. Also, do nor forget about 'RUNASROOT' script. ------------------------------------------ Alexey Sonkin Senior Database Administrator > -----Original Message----- > From: KW Foo [mailto:hovid@streamyx.com] > Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 5:38 AM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > Regards, > KW Foo > > -- > "Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message > news:400B9841.75DB2436@oninit.com... > > Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct > > > > KW Foo wrote: > > > > > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > > > application and the data and restore to another server. > > > > > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server > using > > > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to > another > > > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > > > > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the > Informix > > > ch...

Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server
KW Foo wrote: > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > application and the data and restore to another server. > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix > chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". > > We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. > > After we restore the application and the Informix chunk directory, when we > try to start the Informix engine using "oninit", the server go into "FAST > RECOVERY" mode, after few minutes, it display message "oninit: Fatal error > in shared memory initialization". > > > The following are the message recorded in the online.log: > > 13:41:32 Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory Initialized. > 13:41:32 Physical Recovery Started. > 13:45:16 Physical Recovery Complete: 84946 Pages Restored. > 13:45:16 Logical Recovery Started. > 13:45:16 shmget: [ENOMEM][12]: key 52564806: out of shared memory, check > system > max shared memory segment size > 13:45:16 out of virtual shared memory more available shared memory...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #2
Make sure you don't have any informix process still running..and grabbing memory Verify with ipcs -m Also, verify your $ONCONFIG, so that you SHMBASE goes with the release notes ( if should not impact, but you never know) If that still does not work, try reducing the SHMVIRTSIZE -----Message d'origine----- De : owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]De la part de Paul Watson Envoy� : 19 janvier, 2004 06:18 � : informix-list@iiug.org Objet : Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server Check the release note in $INFORMIXDIR/release/*/*/ or look in the /etc/system on the working server KW Foo wrote: > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > Regards, > KW Foo > > -- > "Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message > news:400B9841.75DB2436@oninit.com... > > Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct > > > > KW Foo wrote: > > > > > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > > > application and the data and restore to another server. > > > > > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using > > > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to > another > > > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > &g...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #4
In my personal opinion, why bother using ufsdump when you could restore with ontape. Don't forget that all chunk structures must be the same but that ontape & ufsdump might not read & write the same way, thus creating incompatibilities. There is gain in using ufsdump versus the potential problems just like the one you encountered. Andr� >From: St�phane Gadoury <stephane.gadoury@transat.com> >To: <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server >Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:54:50 -0500 > >Make sure you don't have any informix process still running..and grabbing >memory > >Verify with ipcs -m > >Also, verify your $ONCONFIG, so that you SHMBASE goes with the release >notes >( if should not impact, but you never know) > >If that still does not work, try reducing the SHMVIRTSIZE > >-----Message d'origine----- >De : owner-informix-list@iiug.org >[mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]De la part de Paul Watson >Envoy� : 19 janvier, 2004 06:18 >� : informix-list@iiug.org >Objet : Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server > > >Check the release note in $INFORMIXDIR/release/*/*/ or look in the >/etc/system on the working server > >KW Foo wrote: > > > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > > > Regards, > > KW Foo > ...

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31 #3
Hi, - you can use dbexport/dbimport to tape device. See syntax for these utility commands. - using ontape you can not backup dbspaces separately. You can restore dbspaces separately, but with some restrictions. See manual "Backup and Restore Guide" for more info. - to backup dbspaces separately, you'd have to use ON-Bar. However, that requires configuration and setup of a Storage Manager (e.g. ISM). It has some restrictions also, mainly that you have to backup logical logs as well in order to do such backups and be able to restore them successfully. - there's no backing up of (separate) databases, neither with ontape nor with ON-Bar. - you can look into other utilities. Rather than onload/onunload (with the size of your databases) you may want to look into HPL (High Performance Loader) ? Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 16.09.2005 15:13:38: > > Hallo. > > I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using > Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server > using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or > dbspace level. > > My databases are bigger than 2 Gb and I have read that there is a > problem. Using onload/onload returns problems.. > > Anybody may help me? sending to informix-list ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Re: Informix database creation #3
Seweryn: When you run "onstat -d" - it gives size in terms of blocks (pagesize). It can be 2K or 4 K depending upon OS. You can find out the page size using "onstat -b | grep 'buffer' | awk '{print $10}' " - this will return page size in BYTES . When you create the dbspace using onspaces - you need to mention the size of the dbspace interms of "KBytes" example: In your OS, if you have Page size 2K - then you need to start the offset from 1200000, you can go only upto 800000 KB size of dbspace due to 2GB size limitation. try thi...

RE: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases #3
Hi Simmon and Superboer thanks you for your suggestions. I tried out the RAW table and it works like a charm, it was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot. Regards, Aash -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [ mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org <mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org> ]On Behalf Of Simmons, Keith Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 7:41 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: RE: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases Aash You don't tell us which version of IDS you are using, however have you investigated RAW tables (if they are avaialable in your version). They can be created in logged or unlogged dbs and can allow the type of access you require. RAW tables cannot be indexed or have constraints, but the table can be changed to STANDARD (very quickly) and then be indexed. You will not need any intermediate files, just INSERT INTO 'raw_table' SELECT FROM 'source_table'. Keith -----Original Message----- From: Aashish Ramsinghani - ASDC, Chennai [ mailto:Aashishsr@hcl.in <mailto:Aashishsr@hcl.in> ] Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 13:01 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases Hi I am using Informix for one of my DW projects. We are loading data from the source system into the staging area both are separate Databases. Source has logging enables and staging has it disabled. The prob...

RE: Naming Convention for Informix Database Objects #3
I think you seem a tad upset there. Maybe because someone got the better of the clown? -----Original Message----- From: Obnoxio The Clown [SMTP:obnoxio@hotmail.com] Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 12:57 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: RE: Naming Convention for Informix Database Objects Dusty Haas wrote: > Shouldn't indices be - this_is_an_index_called_ instead of a_index_? > > Just a curious thought You're quite right to do that nit pick and I do feel just like a right dick your razor sharp eyes affirm the surmise "to cut and paste is lazy and thick" > -----Original Message----- > From: Obnoxio The Clown [SMTP:obnoxio@hotmail.com] > Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 12:50 PM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Re: Naming Convention for Informix Database Objects > > Christopher wrote: > >> Can anyone recommend a good naming convention for database objects in >> Informix? >> >> Generally, I use my own variation on Hungarian, but I wondered if >> there is an equivalent of the RVBA (also known as Leszynski/Reddick) >> standard among Informix developers. >> >> I would also be thrilled to find a write-up I can reuse or just plain >> plagiarize. >> >> As an aside, this is to be implemented on IDS 9.4, so long identifiers >> are not an issue. > > I generally prefix tables with this_...

Restore Informix software & Database to another server
We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 application and the data and restore to another server. We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another server (with the same directory structure and hardware). We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. After we restore the application and the Informix chunk directory, when we try to start the Informix engine using "oninit", the server go into "FAST RECOVERY" mode, after few minutes, it display message "oninit: Fatal error in shared memory initialization". The following are the message recorded in the online.log: 13:41:32 Informix Dynamic Server Initialized -- Shared Memory Initialized. 13:41:32 Physical Recovery Started. 13:45:16 Physical Recovery Complete: 84946 Pages Restored. 13:45:16 Logical Recovery Started. 13:45:16 shmget: [ENOMEM][12]: key 52564806: out of shared memory, check system max shared memory segment size 13:45:16 out of virtual shared memory 13:45:16 Cannot Rollforward from Checkpoint. 13:45:17 Informix Dynamic Server Stopped. 13:45:18 mt_shm_remove: WARNING: may not have removed all/correct segments After that, we ...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the following error - 668 Command cannot be executed 127 No Primary Key I think that the 127 error number is from the shell execution. The /tmp/mylog file is created but with no values. Even if I replace it with an echo hello command I get an empty file. Having read one of Jonathan Leffler's responses, the SHELL environment variables needs to be set to the the Shell of the remote system. In my case that is 'set SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh' . I did this and it still didn't work. Am I missing further environment variables as I am executing the procedure from NT. Has anyone managed to do this? Many thanks in advance, Nick Have you tryed it on aix itself?? does that work?? try: SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env 2>&1) > /tmp/nonexistingfile"; -- check what is in nonexistingfile or SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh ...

Re: Relocate Informix database from Raw slices to filesystem #3
If the device is 'not going to exist anymore' why not dd the data from the old slice to the internal disk and then just link the 'not going to exist anymore device' to the new location On 10/17/05, Fernando Nunes <spam@domus.online.pt> wrote: > > Clive Eisen wrote: > > mccmx@hotmail.com wrote: > > > >> > >> I don't neccesarily need to move them off raw slices, but I do need to > >> move them to different slices. This is because I am moving the > >> database from SAN storage to internal disks... So ultimately > >> /dev/rdsk/c1d6d0s4 (and s5 and s6) wont exist anymore. > >> > >> So I need a way of relocating the data to a new slice or a filesystem > >> file. I suspect the process will be t > >> > > You can, in an unsupported environment, binary edit the rootdbs > > as the path to the other chunks is held there > > But the new paths would need to have the same length... > That's why you should never use physical names. Always use symbolic > links to the real devices... > > In this circunstances I don't see how an unload/reload can be avoided... > > > Regards. > > > -- Paul Watson Tel: +44 7818 003457 Fax: +44 1436 678693 sending to informix-list Paul Watson wrote: > If the device is 'not going to exist anymore' why not dd the data from the ...

FW: Restore Informix software & Database to another server
Yes, the kernel settings must be correct - and also, did you create the symbolic links in /usr/lib for Informix ? -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Paul Watson Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 10:42 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct KW Foo wrote: > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > application and the data and restore to another server. > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix > chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". > > We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. > > After we restore the application and the Informix chunk directory, when we > try to start the Informix engine using "oninit", the server go into "FAST > RECOVERY" mode, after few minutes, it display message "oninit: Fatal error > in shared memory initialization". &...

RE: Change database mode online using onmode in Informix
Onmode -m only works if the engine is already started. Try oninit (no parameters, if you want to go directly to online mode), instead. --EEM > -----Original Message----- > From: alanmas@gmail.com [mailto:alanmas@gmail.com] > Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 8:37 AM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Change database mode online using onmode in Informix > > Hi. > > I would like to put 'Online' and 'Offline' via command an IDS server. > I tried put a serer Offline by typing: onmode -ky and it works. > > informix@FO:/informix$ export INFORMIXSERVER=backup_source > informix@FO:/informix$ onmode -ky > > However I tried to put it Online again by typing: onmode -my but it > does not work. Does anybody knows wheter the expression is correct or > whether the server must be first in transient mode or why it does not > work? > > informix@FO:/informix$ onmode -ky > shared memory not initialized for INFORMIXSERVER 'backup_source' > > Thank you all. sending to informix-list ...

Re: Connecting to new database within Informix Instance #3
Hi again. Execute the following command. /usr/sbin/ping arcdb e.g) etorofu 27: /usr/sbin/ping bygzam -n 3 PING bygzam: 64 byte packets 64 bytes from 172.16.105.171: icmp_seq=0. time=6. ms 64 bytes from 172.16.105.171: icmp_seq=1. time=0. ms 64 bytes from 172.16.105.171: icmp_seq=2. time=0. ms ----bygzam PING Statistics---- 3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss round-trip (ms) min/avg/max = 0/2/6 If you can not correct result from ping, resolve hostname first. Regards. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 >From: "howard jones" <howie.lfc@virgin.net> >Reply-To: "howard jones" <howie.lfc@virgin.net> >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Re: Connecting to new database within Informix Instance >Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:05:07 -0000 > >Section of onconfig as follows: > >SERVERNUM 0 # Unique id corresponding to a >OnLine instance >DBSERVERNAME baanshm # Name of default database server >DBSERVERALIASES baantcp # List of alternate dbservernames >#NETTYPE ipcshm,1,50,NET # Comment this out as it isn't >needed >#NETTYPE soctcp,2,300,CPU # Configure poll thread(s) for >nettype >NETTYPE soctcp,2,300,NET # New settings >NETTYPE sqlmux,1,100,CPU # SQLMUX setting >DEADLOCK_TIMEOUT 60 ...

Re: Help:informix database backup/restore with netbackup agent.
Hi, the message "could not fork server connection, SQLCODE -25596" means that the server (IDS's oninit processes) could not be started, or they could be started but it was not possible to connect to them. The XBSA error then is the following error caused by the resulting abort. Check whether there are any "oninit" processes running for this instance after a restore attempt ("ps -ef | grep oninit" if you have only this one instance on this machine). If there are any, remove them, remove possibly left-over shared memory segments ("ipcrm ..."). Then check that your protocol for server connections is configured properly ("onsoctcp", ontlitcp", onipcshm", ...). Then try again. For additional info you can switch on debug tracing in ON-Bar. Set the parameters in your onconfig file, respectively BAR_DEBUG_LOG to a filename and BAR_DEBUG to a digit between 2 and 6. Then try again and afterwards try to figure out from the debug log file what the problem is, or open a case with IBM Informix Tech Support and let them help you. Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 17.06.2005 17:02:01: > Thanks for the help, > > I check activity log, it says: > 2005-06-16 18:57:58 13215 13213 /opt/informix/bin/onbar_d -r -w > 2005-06-16 18:57:59 13215 13213 Working with veritas-...

Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module
I found a solution, It worked well with tcp connections, Looks like perl's Informix DBD Module doesn't like shared memory connections,at least with my versions. But I can live with tcp connections. Thanks anyway. I have other question , Does anybody knows how to actually get the number of rows returned/affected in a query with perl ? I tried with : $nrows=$sth->rows(); always returned 0. $nrows = $sth->{ix_sqlerrd}[2] always returned 0 too. Any ideas ? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralagricola.com.gt> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Cc: "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net>; <jleffler@us.ibm.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 9:12 AM Subject: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module > Hi everybody, > I have > Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11 > on Red Hat Linux 9 > perl v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi > DBI 1.42 > DBD Informix 2003.04 > > After installing perl's DBI and DBD Modules for Informix I > finally get a script to connect and disconnect to the database . > But after running the script several times (that only connects and > disconnects to the database ) , the server hangs and it does not let to > connect to any database > with the message : 25588: The appl process cannot connect to the database > server > Restarting the server f...

Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user #3
I think so... J. anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com escribis: > Thanks for the great pointers. Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie and > hopefully my questions were not too basic. I did try reading up and > googling but could not find much. I have one more question . Is it at > all possible to create two different tables with the same name in the > same database but under two different users? sending to informix-list definately! It can be done for temp tables ...

Re: RE: Informix and SQL Server #3
Interesting. I saw the linked servers stuff and tried to add a new one. It seems that it could only be implemented with OLEBD and ADO. I mean I didn't see any options for an odbc data source. The only Informix providers I see are: - IBM Informix OLE DB Provider - Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (this one?) - Sybase Informix ADO Provider (I have Power Builder) Really a mini-guide on how to do this would be very helpfull. I have situations that I'm restricted to DTS or similar tools to join information from sql-server and IDS. J. -----Original Message----- From: "Sebastian, Norma J." <NormaJean.Sebastian@tellabs.com> To: "Savio Pinto (s )" <spinto@cap.org>, "William Weaver" <wweaver@amicus.com> Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:24:00 -0600 Subject: RE: Informix and SQL Server Tell me more about this 'linked server' stuff. We have oracle, informix, and sqlserver. I am trying to set up a scenario to help Bill without him having to buy another tool. I created a Sqlserver DTS to dump some oracle data from a unix oracle db to my PC. I was thinking Bill could create a job on the informix side to dump whatever data is needed to a file, then use DTS to ftp the file somewhere in the sqlserver domain, and have sqlserver DTS the dump file in and manipulate it accordingly. But if linked servers could do the trick... Please explain a bit further and I will test here. T...

Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database #3
The second form should work. What are you using as a field delimiter? Informix defaults to a pipe "|". If you are using some other character you will need to include the delimiter phrase ... LOAD FROM "pathname" [DELIMITER "char"] INSERT INTO table-name commbtp@lineone.n et (Umesh) To: informix-list@iiug.org Sent by: cc: owner-informix-li Subject: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database st@iiug.org 20/12/2004 01:29 ...

RE: Do I have to have an Informix Database?
Bruce, You have to buy a database from somewhere. But 4Js and Querix offer versions of the Informix-4GL compiler that will work with other databases. I think they both give the choice between Informix and Oracle, and I think DB2. But visit their web-sites to find out the latest info. Their compilers also work on Windows or UNIX thereby giving even more flexibility. Malcolm -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Truter Sent: 15 February 2004 03:36 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Do I have to have an Informix Database? I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with 4gl. Is there anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially something that will create its own database) ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! sending to informix-list ...

[Fwd: Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module]
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000806050204000100000404 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I sent this to Francisco from the office, and I don't have direct posting access to news groups while I'm in the office. He agreed that the example code using rows worked and answered his questions. "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralagricola.com.gt> wrote: >> I found a solution, >> It worked well with tcp connections, >> Looks like perl's Informix DBD Module doesn't like shared memory >> connections,at least with my versions. >> But I can live with tcp connections. >> >> Thanks anyway. >> I have other question , >> Does anybody knows how to actually get the number of >> rows returned/affected in a query with perl ? >> >> I tried with : >> >> $nrows=$sth->rows(); >> >> always returned 0. Messages passing in the night... It's a bit worrying that shared memory connections aren't working, but I can imagine all sorts of configuration reasons why they weren't working, as well as bug possibilities. Works for me: #!/bin/perl -w use strict; use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Informix:stores','','',{RaiseError=>1}); my $sth = $dbh->prepare(q{SELECT tabid, tabname, tabt...

Web resources about - Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server #3 - comp.databases.informix

Oracle: Fear Not, ’12c’ Database Nearing Its Breakout, Says Credit Suisse
... from cloud computing applications in 2016, along with the adoption by customers of the its “ 12c ” version of its flagship relational database ...

Enterprises want to run databases in containers
More than three out of four IT decision makers are interested in running stateful applications like databases within containers, according to ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers

U.S. Attorney Suggests Password Cardinals Used To Access Astros Scouting Database Was “Eckstein123"
... scouting director Christopher Correa plead guilty to five counts of unauthorized access to a computer for hacking the Houston Astros database. ...

Blinkbox Music's user database was just sold to... JD Sports
Of Tesco's three ailing digital Blinkbox services, its e-book store appeared to be the only one that would go gently into that good night. Eventually, ...

8 Reasons to Consider Open-Source Databases for Your Business
Historically, costly commercial database systems dominated the data management landscape. But open-source database system adoption is growing ...