Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database #2

Umesh said:
> Hi
> I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected
> to the database using Visula Basic 6.
> When l build a string for example
> SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*'
> and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine.
>
> When l try to load data to a table :
> SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & "    insert into hse2"
> or
> SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2
>
> I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why.

Because the LOAD statement is specific to DBACCESS, not SQL.

--

Bye now,
Obnoxio

"C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule"
  - Coluche

"I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass"
 - JCH

"Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo"
 - Marco

I went to the airport to check in and they asked what I did because I
looked like a terrorist. I said I was a comedian. They said, "Say
something funny then." I told them I had just graduated from flying
school.

  -- Ahmed Ahmed
sending to informix-list
0
Obnoxio

Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database
Umesh wrote: > Hi > I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected > to the database using Visula Basic 6. > When l build a string for example > SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*' > and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine. > > When l try to load data to a table : > SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" > or > SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 > > I get a synta...

Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database #3
The second form should work. What are you using as a field delimiter? Informix defaults to a pipe "|". If you are using some other character you will need to include the delimiter phrase ... LOAD FROM "pathname" [DELIMITER "char"] INSERT INTO table-name commbtp@lineone.n et (Umes...

get syntax error when loading data to a informix database
Hi I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected to the database using Visula Basic 6. When l build a string for example SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*' and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine. When l try to load data to a table : SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" or SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. Thanks in advance Umesh "Umesh" <...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database #2
You can only revoke a privilege that exists explicitly and you are the GRANTOR, if a user's rights are part of "public" then you cannot prevent the access unless you revoke connection privileges from public Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't >From: "Gosney Simon" <GosneyS@axxia.com> >To: "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net>, <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix databas...

Re: Start informix database #2
Hi.. This is an example INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$INFORMIXDIR/bin INFORMIXSERVER=coldecon_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.coldecon export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit INFORMIXSERVER=opera_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.opera export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit --- madiego <madiego@qf21.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I had an informix database in the unix server. The > server has been > restarted and now I can't start the database. > I execute 'oninit' and only can started the default...

RE: Informix database creation #2
Hi The existing chunk is already starting at offset of 500. Your new chunk should have the offset as 600501 . Regards Ravinder Bahadur _________________________________________________________________ Are you Unmarried? http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?4d Register in India's No 1 Matrimony. sending to informix-list "Ravinder Bahadur" <ravinder_b@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bgsam4$i9q$1@terabinaries.xmission.com... > > Hi > The existing chunk is already starting at offset of 500. Your new chunk > sh...

Re: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases #2
I think your best bet would be to use HPL to unload data from the logged db and load it into the non-logged db as long as they both have the same schema(=table definition). Regards, Uday. "Aashish Ramsinghani - ASDC, Chennai" To <Aashishsr@hcl.in informix-list@iiug.org > cc Sent by: owner-informix-li Subject s...

Re: ERROR -11048 [informix][informix ODBC driver] unable to load
--0__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: multipart/alternative; Boundary="1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE" --1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII There could be couple of reasons for this error message : 1. Your INFORMIXDIR environment variable is not pointing to the correct location. 2. If you have multiple CSDKs installed in one Windows box then you might want to check that the one which you want is listed first in the PATH enviro...

You could try issuing the following statement and see what the engine is configured for. onstat -g env This will give you the environment of the engine. I believe it is listed there what the locale is set to. David -----Original Message----- From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org [mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of bobkot@gmail.com Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:28 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My ...

Re: Moving Data from Informix SE 4 to Informix SE 7 #2
"DBEXPORT bombs out on certain databases because of corrupted system > > tables and/or bad data." I have found that nearly all instances of DBEXPORT "bombing" are due to invalid data in date fields, especially when the data originated in 4.x or earlier versions of the database. The best way around the problem is by first finding the offending rows with a where clause that includes <datefieldname> not between "01011800" and "12312099" and then updating or deleting such rows with the same where clause. If you delete such rows,...

RE: How long can an Informix database name be? #2
The database name on SE is limited to 10 characters. This is an historical anomaly based on the fact that the database name was used as the directory name where that database will be stored. Directory names in early versions of unix were restricted to 14 characters, but that was including any extension, and as informix used dbname.dbs that restricted the database name to 10 characters. And beware - on some versions that ran on DOS it was further restricted to 8 characters - but that's another story. Regards Malcolm -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@...

Re: Naming Convention for Informix Database Objects #2
Obnoxio The Clown wrote: > Christopher wrote: > > >>Can anyone recommend a good naming convention for database objects in >>Informix? >> >>Generally, I use my own variation on Hungarian, but I wondered if >>there is an equivalent of the RVBA (also known as Leszynski/Reddick) >>standard among Informix developers. >> >>I would also be thrilled to find a write-up I can reuse or just plain >>plagiarize. >> >>As an aside, this is to be implemented on IDS 9.4, so long identifiers >>are not an issue....

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the followin...

Re: Relocate Informix database from Raw slices to filesystem #2
Why pay someone ??? It's a trivial task On 10/17/05, Neil Truby <neil.truby@ardenta.com> wrote: > > <mccmx@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:1129561344.240798.314750@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > Thats sounds promising. > > > > So effectively add a mirrored chunk to each dbspace using onspaces and > > then drop the original chunk. > > > > Can you do this for the rootdbs dbspace too...? > > > > Matt > > > > If it's a production system you might be better off paying someone who &...

Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user #2
This is from the -310 SQL errror code. Only one table with a given name can exist in a single database. (In an ANSI-compliant database, the name of the user that created a table name qualifies it, so one table of a given name per user can exist.) Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't >From: anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com >Reply-To: anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user >Date: 24 Aug 2005 23:22:39...

RE: Connecting to new database within Informix Instance #2
Hi Howard. Can you post your sqlhosts,DBSERVERALIAS of oncofig and /etc/services ? Regards. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan . ICQ#:168106592 >From: howie_lfc@hotmail.com (howie) >Reply-To: howie_lfc@hotmail.com (howie) >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Connecting to new database within Informix Instance >Date: 17 Feb 2004 02:33:01 -0800 > >Informix 9.21.FC4 >HPUX 11.0 > >Hello all, > >DFirstly I wish to thank eveyone who helped me populate the archive >database on our Informix system. All went well over the last weeke...

RE: Do I have to have an Informix Database?
Bruce, You have to buy a database from somewhere. But 4Js and Querix offer versions of the Informix-4GL compiler that will work with other databases. I think they both give the choice between Informix and Oracle, and I think DB2. But visit their web-sites to find out the latest info. Their compilers also work on Windows or UNIX thereby giving even more flexibility. Malcolm -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Truter Sent: 15 February 2004 03:36 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Do I have ...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #2
Make sure you don't have any informix process still running..and grabbing memory Verify with ipcs -m Also, verify your $ONCONFIG, so that you SHMBASE goes with the release notes ( if should not impact, but you never know) If that still does not work, try reducing the SHMVIRTSIZE -----Message d'origine----- De : owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]De la part de Paul Watson Envoy� : 19 janvier, 2004 06:18 � : informix-list@iiug.org Objet : Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server Check the release note in $INFO...

RE: Change database mode online using onmode in Informix #2
onmode -m takes the database server from quiescent or single-user mode to online mode. To bring the server from off-line to on-line, you should just use the oninit command. You could use the oninit -s to initialise shared memory and bring the server to single-user mode and then use onmode -m to bring it to multi-user mode. By the way, you should not use onmode -ky to shut down the server unless you are in quiescent mode. This will not perform a checkpoint and can, in some situations, lead to data loss or corruption. I recommend shutting down with onmode -yuk. This brings the databa...

Re: Open source sql client for accessing Informix database #2
works for me..... david@smooth1.co.uk wrote: > Tried to email you but it bounced... > > Your web site gives your email address as mailto:marco@4glworks.com > > but this bounces! > > email me at david@smooth1.co.uk > > -- Ciao, Marco ______________________________________________________________________________ Marco Greco /UK /IBM Standard disclaimers apply! Informix faq http://www.iiug.org/techinfo/faq/informix.htm 4glworks http://www.4glworks.com ...

Web resources about - Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database #2 - comp.databases.informix

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.