Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database #3

The second form should work. What are you using as a field delimiter?
Informix defaults to a pipe "|". If you are using some other character you
will need to include the delimiter phrase ...
LOAD FROM "pathname" [DELIMITER "char"] INSERT INTO table-name

                      commbtp@lineone.n
                      et (Umesh)               To:       informix-list@iiug.org
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      owner-informix-li        Subject:  get syntax error when loading data to a informix database
                      st@iiug.org

                      20/12/2004 01:29
                      Please respond to
                      commbtp

Hi
I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected
to the database using Visula Basic 6.
When l build a string for example
SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*'
and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine.

When l try to load data to a table :
SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & "    insert into hse2"
or
SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2

I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why.

Thanks in advance
Umesh

sending to informix-list
0
gsturkenboom

Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database
Umesh wrote: > Hi > I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected > to the database using Visula Basic 6. > When l build a string for example > SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*' > and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine. > > When l try to load data to a table : > SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" > or > SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 > > I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. Yes, LOAD & UNLOAD are not SQL commands. They are built-in commands for tools like dbaccess, but not part of the SQL language. Cheers, -- Mark. +----------------------------------------------------------+-----------+ | Mark D. Stock mailto:mdstock@MydasSolutions.com |//////// /| | http://MydasSolutions.com |///// / //| | +-----------------------------------+//// / ///| | |We value your comments, which have |/// / ////| | |been recorded and automatically |// / /////| | |emailed back to us for our records.|/ ////////| +----------------------+-----------------------------------+-----------+ sending to informix-list ...

Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database #2
Umesh said: > Hi > I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected > to the database using Visula Basic 6. > When l build a string for example > SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*' > and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine. > > When l try to load data to a table : > SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" > or > SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 > > I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. Because the LOAD statement is specific to DBACCESS, not SQL. -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco I went to the airport to check in and they asked what I did because I looked like a terrorist. I said I was a comedian. They said, "Say something funny then." I told them I had just graduated from flying school. -- Ahmed Ahmed sending to informix-list ...

get syntax error when loading data to a informix database
Hi I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected to the database using Visula Basic 6. When l build a string for example SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*' and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine. When l try to load data to a table : SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" or SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. Thanks in advance Umesh "Umesh" <commbtp@lineone.net> wrote in message news:90d5e433.0412190429.d03c7fb@posting.google.com... [CLIPPED] > > When l try to load data to a table : > SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" > or > SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 > > I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. > LOAD FROM is *not* a SQL statement! It is a feature (extension) of dbaccess utility and maybe some others. Gorazd ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Re: Informix database creation #3
Seweryn: When you run "onstat -d" - it gives size in terms of blocks (pagesize). It can be 2K or 4 K depending upon OS. You can find out the page size using "onstat -b | grep 'buffer' | awk '{print $10}' " - this will return page size in BYTES . When you create the dbspace using onspaces - you need to mention the size of the dbspace interms of "KBytes" example: In your OS, if you have Page size 2K - then you need to start the offset from 1200000, you can go only upto 800000 KB size of dbspace due to 2GB size limitation. try thi...

RE: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases #3
Hi Simmon and Superboer thanks you for your suggestions. I tried out the RAW table and it works like a charm, it was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot. Regards, Aash -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [ mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org <mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org> ]On Behalf Of Simmons, Keith Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 7:41 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: RE: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases Aash You don't tell us which version of IDS you are using, however have you investigated RAW tables (if they are avaialable in your version). They can be created in logged or unlogged dbs and can allow the type of access you require. RAW tables cannot be indexed or have constraints, but the table can be changed to STANDARD (very quickly) and then be indexed. You will not need any intermediate files, just INSERT INTO 'raw_table' SELECT FROM 'source_table'. Keith -----Original Message----- From: Aashish Ramsinghani - ASDC, Chennai [ mailto:Aashishsr@hcl.in <mailto:Aashishsr@hcl.in> ] Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 13:01 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases Hi I am using Informix for one of my DW projects. We are loading data from the source system into the staging area both are separate Databases. Source has logging enables and staging has it disabled. The prob...

Re: ERROR -11048 [informix][informix ODBC driver] unable to load
--0__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: multipart/alternative; Boundary="1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE" --1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII There could be couple of reasons for this error message : 1. Your INFORMIXDIR environment variable is not pointing to the correct location. 2. If you have multiple CSDKs installed in one Windows box then you might want to check that the one which you want is listed first in the PATH enviro...

RE: Moving Data from Informix SE 4 to Informix SE 7 #3

RE: Naming Convention for Informix Database Objects #3
I think you seem a tad upset there. Maybe because someone got the better of the clown? -----Original Message----- From: Obnoxio The Clown [SMTP:obnoxio@hotmail.com] Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 12:57 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: RE: Naming Convention for Informix Database Objects Dusty Haas wrote: > Shouldn't indices be - this_is_an_index_called_ instead of a_index_? > > Just a curious thought You're quite right to do that nit pick and I do feel just like a right dick your razor sharp eyes affirm the surmise "to cut and paste is la...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the followin...

Re: Relocate Informix database from Raw slices to filesystem #3
If the device is 'not going to exist anymore' why not dd the data from the old slice to the internal disk and then just link the 'not going to exist anymore device' to the new location On 10/17/05, Fernando Nunes <spam@domus.online.pt> wrote: > > Clive Eisen wrote: > > mccmx@hotmail.com wrote: > > > >> > >> I don't neccesarily need to move them off raw slices, but I do need to > >> move them to different slices. This is because I am moving the > >> database from SAN storage to internal disks... So ultimately > >> /dev/rdsk/c1d6d0s4 (and s5 and s6) wont exist anymore. > >> > >> So I need a way of relocating the data to a new slice or a filesystem > >> file. I suspect the process will be t > >> > > You can, in an unsupported environment, binary edit the rootdbs > > as the path to the other chunks is held there > > But the new paths would need to have the same length... > That's why you should never use physical names. Always use symbolic > links to the real devices... > > In this circunstances I don't see how an unload/reload can be avoided... > > > Regards. > > > -- Paul Watson Tel: +44 7818 003457 Fax: +44 1436 678693 sending to informix-list Paul Watson wrote: > If the device is 'not going to exist anymore' why not dd the data from the ...

Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user #3
I think so... J. anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com escribis: > Thanks for the great pointers. Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie and > hopefully my questions were not too basic. I did try reading up and > googling but could not find much. I have one more question . Is it at > all possible to create two different tables with the same name in the > same database but under two different users? sending to informix-list definately! It can be done for temp tables ...

Re: Connecting to new database within Informix Instance #3
Hi again. Execute the following command. /usr/sbin/ping arcdb e.g) etorofu 27: /usr/sbin/ping bygzam -n 3 PING bygzam: 64 byte packets 64 bytes from 172.16.105.171: icmp_seq=0. time=6. ms 64 bytes from 172.16.105.171: icmp_seq=1. time=0. ms 64 bytes from 172.16.105.171: icmp_seq=2. time=0. ms ----bygzam PING Statistics---- 3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss round-trip (ms) min/avg/max = 0/2/6 If you can not correct result from ping, resolve hostname first. Regards. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 >From: &qu...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #3
Did You re-install Informix executables ('installserver' script) after transferring it to anather machine with Solaris utility? If not, please, do that. Also, do nor forget about 'RUNASROOT' script. ------------------------------------------ Alexey Sonkin Senior Database Administrator > -----Original Message----- > From: KW Foo [mailto:hovid@streamyx.com] > Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 5:38 AM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > Regards, > KW Foo > > -- > "Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message > news:400B9841.75DB2436@oninit.com... > > Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct > > > > KW Foo wrote: > > > > > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > > > application and the data and restore to another server. > > > > > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server > using > > > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to > another > > > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > > > > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the > Informix > > > ch...

Re: Open source sql client for accessing Informix database #3
Marco Greco said: > works for me..... > > david@smooth1.co.uk wrote: >> Tried to email you but it bounced... >> >> Your web site gives your email address as mailto:marco@4glworks.com >> >> but this bounces! >> >> email me at david@smooth1.co.uk Works for me too. Maybe you need a decent ISP, David? :op -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche A smile is a gift that is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving someone the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere. sending to informix-list ...

RE: Do I have to have an Informix Database?
Bruce, You have to buy a database from somewhere. But 4Js and Querix offer versions of the Informix-4GL compiler that will work with other databases. I think they both give the choice between Informix and Oracle, and I think DB2. But visit their web-sites to find out the latest info. Their compilers also work on Windows or UNIX thereby giving even more flexibility. Malcolm -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Truter Sent: 15 February 2004 03:36 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Do I have ...

Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server #3
David Williams wrote: > "Colin Bull" <c.bull@videonetworks.com> wrote in message news:btmcr4> That > will make it a lot tidier, should be able to use a case statement. > >>I will revise next week sometime. >> > > > http://www.smooth1.demon.co.uk/ifaq06.htm#6.33 > > 6.33 What status codes does onstat return? > On 21st May 1998 mdstock@informix.com (Mark D. Stock) wrote:- > > As a point of interest, you can check the current mode of IDS by checking > the status ($?) after onstat -. > > The values r...

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31 #3
Hi, - you can use dbexport/dbimport to tape device. See syntax for these utility commands. - using ontape you can not backup dbspaces separately. You can restore dbspaces separately, but with some restrictions. See manual "Backup and Restore Guide" for more info. - to backup dbspaces separately, you'd have to use ON-Bar. However, that requires configuration and setup of a Storage Manager (e.g. ISM). It has some restrictions also, mainly that you have to backup logical logs as well in order to do such backups and be able to restore them successfully. - there's no backing up of (separate) databases, neither with ontape nor with ON-Bar. - you can look into other utilities. Rather than onload/onunload (with the size of your databases) you may want to look into HPL (High Performance Loader) ? Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 16.09.2005 15:13:38: > > Hallo. > > I need urgent help on doing backups/restores of databases using > Informix IDS 7.31. I reached to backup and restores an entire server > using the ontape command but do not know how to do it at a database or > dbspace level. > > My databases are bigger than 2 Gb and I have read that there is a > problem. Using onload/onload returns problems.. > > Anybody may help me? sending to informix-list ...

How can I get different Match Patterns in data stored in BLOB (Text) Variable in INFORMIX Database ?
Hi All, How can I get different Match Patterns in data stored in BLOB(Text)Variable in INFORMIX Database ? For Example : Suppose in my Database named "Employee" in INFORMIX ,there is a BLOB Text Field named "Address".I want to write a SQL Query to search different Match Patterns for data stored in that BLOB Address field. When I use "Select" statement using "like" with search patterns,it produces error with "error no -615 ". Can we have Alternate Solutions also ? Regards, Durgesh Sharma On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:07:03 -0400, ...

Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux #3
Thanks a lot ! My problem was the fact that I tried to restore on a Linux machine a backup made on a UNIX machine. The INFORMIX server version was the same. The problem was the OS, in fact. Backup with ontape is recommended only when the restore is made on the same machine. Carmen ----- Original Message ----- From: "S.Dhayanidhi" <sdhaya@hotmail.com> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 6:35 AM Subject: Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux > Here is my cute little code.. for u...

Web resources about - Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database #3 - comp.databases.informix

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.