RE: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. #3

ok Martin... give us the e-mails of those guys, we have a few things to tell
them :))

sending to informix-list
0
Jean

IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. http://www-306.ibm.com/)
Hi everyone, one general thing to note when quoting IBM URLs like the following: > Check out http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ ^^^^ |||| please leave out the "-###" part of the URL and instead quote it like this: http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ The "-###" means that the page is provided by a particular host, to which an original HTTP request without such a "-###" has been routed automatically. Usually, the routing will be stable, i.e. a URL with "-###" will normally work. However, if that particular machine is down, then a URL with the "-###" may not work. But a URL without "-###" will still work, because the request will then be routed to a different machine. Therefore at best leave out that "-###" when quoting such URLs. Otherwise, if such a URL one day does not work, remember that you can take away the "-###" part and it then should work. This is a general note, not to pick on any individual e-mail contributor ... only this e-mail was a good example. Besides, there are many people within IBM who don't understand the concept behind this and therefore often just do cut&paste of such URLs into documents, presentations, etc. But since this is a technical audience, I thought it may well worth it to (try t...

RE: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs.
Martin Fuerderer wrote: > Hi everyone, > > one general thing to note when quoting IBM URLs like the following: > > > Check out http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ > ^^^^ > |||| > please leave out the "-###" part of the URL and instead > quote it like this: > > http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ > > The "-###" means that the page is provided by a particular host, > to which an original HTTP request without such a "-###" has > been routed automatically. > Double Echo responded: > This is not something the user should ever have to worry about, > and is more a problem with the web server configuration. I have to agree that having users modify the URL is a bit much, especially since I am prone to book marking pages that I use on a regular basis, and am not prone to go in and determine what edits I need to make to the URL in my bookmarks. Shirley, the world's largest computer company can handle a simple thing like URL masking. If not, I fear they are going to just have to deal with the spike of IIUG users flooding a particular host. Sincerely, Christopher Coleman Steering Committee President Kansas City Informix Users Group www.iiug.org/kciug Database Analyst Pharmacy Division Mediware Information Systems, Inc. 913/307-1073 sending t...

Superboer said: > > well i do not know which idiot came up with SOA > (Service-Oriented Architecture) > > in dutch soa is short for sexual overdraagbare aandoening... > > sex disease..... > > they offer their customers a soa??? > > WOEHA.. Yep, via a poxy server. :o) -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien ` dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche did i mention i like nulls? heck, i even go so far as to say that all columns in a table except the primary key could/should be nullable. this has certain advantages, for example, if you need to insert a child record and you don't have a parent row for it, just do an insert into the parent table with the primary key value (everything else null), and voila, relational integrity is preserved. but this is, admittedly, a bit controversial among modellers. --r937, dbforums.com sending to informix-list Obnoxio The Clown wrote: > Superboer said: > >>well i do not know which idiot came up with SOA >>(Service-Oriented Architecture) >> >>in dutch soa is short for sexual overdraagbare aandoening... >> >>sex disease..... >> >>they offer their customers a soa??? >> >>WOEHA.. > > > Yep, via a poxy server. :o) > Hmm - is the code re-entrant ? "Obnoxio The Clown" <obnoxio@serendipita.com> wrote in message news:...

Re: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. #2
> ... Rather, you should > mention to the IBM web server people that they need to fix their web > server settings and the routing or load balancer(s) to mask whatever > server people are redirected to. ... You are right: If (all) external visitors to the pages would do this "mentioning" (surely there's somewhere a link for feedback on the web-pages) to "the IBM web server people", things would be changed within a very short time. But also wrong: If I myself do this "mentioning" to "the IBM web server people", then surely not much will change. Admittedly I've not tried, but I guess if I get a response, then it'd be something along the lines of "millions other users have no problem" ... Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 13.12.2005 15:51:37: > Martin Fuerderer wrote: > > Hi everyone, > > > > one general thing to note when quoting IBM URLs like the following: > > > > > Check out http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ > > ^^^^ > > |||| > > please leave out the "-###" part of the URL and instead > > quote it like this: > > > > http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ >...

Re: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. #2
Mark Townsend said: > > Obnoxio The Clown wrote: >> Superboer said: >> >>>well i do not know which idiot came up with SOA >>>(Service-Oriented Architecture) >>> >>>in dutch soa is short for sexual overdraagbare aandoening... >>> >>>sex disease..... >>> >>>they offer their customers a soa??? >>> >>>WOEHA.. >> >> >> Yep, via a poxy server. :o) >> > Hmm - is the code re-entrant ? Only via a "Brown Hat" back door. -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien ` dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche did i mention i like nulls? heck, i even go so far as to say that all columns in a table except the primary key could/should be nullable. this has certain advantages, for example, if you need to insert a child record and you don't have a parent row for it, just do an insert into the parent table with the primary key value (everything else null), and voila, relational integrity is preserved. but this is, admittedly, a bit controversial among modellers. --r937, dbforums.com sending to informix-list ...

RE: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. #4
Hi, there doesn't seem to be an e-mail address. But the bespoke web-page at http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ has a link for feedback: look for "Feedback" in the left navigation area on the page ... Regards, Martin -- owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 14.12.2005 22:15:52: > ok Martin... give us the e-mails of those guys, we have a few things to tell > them :)) sending to informix-list "Martin Fuerderer" <MARTINFU@de.ibm.com> wrote in message news:dnseuo$fa5$1@news.xmission.com... > > Hi, > > there doesn't seem to be an e-mail address. > But the bespoke web-page at > http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ > has a link for feedback: > look for "Feedback" in the left navigation > area on the page ... Yes, fill in an IBM website feedback form. Someone will IBM will call you back within the hour. NOT!!!!!!! Filling out one of these forms on IBM's website is an alternative way of getting in touch with the dead, and saves the expense of a Ouija board. I've emailed docinf@us.ibm.com on 3 things in the last 24 hours and got replies that they have been fixed. (It's past 3am since I crashed out earlier as I am not well so I'll check the fixes later.) One thing I wish IBM would do is check for broken links. Even if just periodically spidering their website slowly (slowly for their we...

RE: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. #5
Hi, there doesn't seem to be an e-mail address. But the bespoke web-page at http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ has a link for feedback: look for "Feedback" in the left navigation area on the page ... Regards, Martin -- owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 14.12.2005 22:15:52: > ok Martin... give us the e-mails of those guys, we have a few things to tell > them :)) sending to informix-list sending to informix-list ...

What's happened to the http://www.ibm.com/informix ?

RE: IBM .net Driver for Informix vs MSSQL .net driver #3
Guys- Merant used to make an Informix ODBC driver that was a lot faster than the one that comes with CSDK. I think they've been bought, but the product should still be out there somewhere. --EEM > -----Original Message----- > From: scottishpoet [mailto:dryburghj@yahoo.com] > Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 10:00 AM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Re: IBM .net Driver for Informix vs MSSQL .net driver > > You may already have discussed this with your support provider and they > have informed you of the timescales to resolve t...

Re: IBM Informix IDS 9.3 UC3 for aix #3
spender said: > > just aix 4.3.3 not support informix IDS9.3UC3, > -or- > Informix IDS version 9.3uc3 not supply support for any OS. > > please answer me clear. IDS 9.30 is out of support. I don't know about AIX 4.3.3, but that probably isn't long for this world either. >> spender said: >>> >>> I had install Informix database on my servier. >>> entironment just like this: >>> >>> service: ibm rs/6000, m85 >>> os: IBM aix 4.3.3-11 >>> database: Informix IDS 9.3 UC3 >> &...

RE: IBM & Informix #3
-----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Captain Pedantic Sent: 25 November 2005 10:40 AM > >Contact your IBM representative? Right! Sadly, in my case this is the same, haven't seen my IBM account manager in months .... sending to informix-list ...

Re: http://mydomainname.com instead of http://www.mydomainname.com
look in the archives http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=111230305000001&r=1&w=2 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bind-users&m=111229542425372&w=2 and a bunch of other places. get this book... http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4 Trebek: And the answer is... The word for this garden implement also means a person of uncertain moral character. Ken Jennings: What is a ho? Trebek: (spluttering with involuntary laughter) Rake. Rake ...

Re: IBM Informix ODBC driver #3
--0__=08BBE4A5DFC63CC68f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4A5DFC63CC6 Content-type: multipart/alternative; Boundary="1__=08BBE4A5DFC63CC68f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4A5DFC63CC6" --1__=08BBE4A5DFC63CC68f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4A5DFC63CC6 Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII You should use CSDK.2.81.TC2.zip because its latest than the CSDK.2.81.TC1.WIN.zip. To verify the same you might want to look into "Defects.txt" file under %INFORMIXDIR%\release\en_us\04e4 directory. HTH -Shesh ...

Re: history lesson in IBM databases #3
Thow this question out on the IBM-Main listserv: http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html The greybeards will debate this for a month (always entertaining reading). Honor The Hottentots! CH On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 04:23:25 -0500, John F. Regus <jfregus@IX.NETCOM.COM> wrote: >Back in the 70's in the MVS environment the large database offereing from >IBM was IMS. > >What was the VSE equivalent for IMS, was it DB2? > >From a grad CS student building a timeline on databases and improvements. > >Thanks, >JR ...

Re: OT:Is IBM going to be marketing Informix #3
Data Goob said: > Well tie me kangaroo down sport! My boomarang won't back! Your boomerang won't what? > A lot of you cobbers are in denoil bu don warry once you get > past that and some angah, yool be on Dee-Bee-too in no tyme mate. Yeah, we're in "den oil". Definitely. (It's like baby oil, but with extra slipperiness.) Plays merry hell with the sheets, but you only live once. I think you need to slow down on the KoolAid, mate, it seems to be affecting you quite severely. > 'scuse me now whilst I go take cah of that crock takin...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

Re: Informix WGE with IBM DB2 Gold Bundle #3
Data Goob said: > "Obnoxio The Clown" <obnoxio@serendipita.com> wrote in message > news:cbtnc4$6lt$1@news.xmission.com... >> >> >> Neil Truby said: >> >> > Have you tried increasing BUFFERS? >> >> Or UPDATE STATISTICS? > > For DB2 it would be: > > Have you increased the BUFFERPOOL? > Or RUNSTATS? > > :-) > > Bonus round: db2pd == onstat Zounds! Thou confusest me... -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa ...

RE: Announcing: The IBM Customer Advisory Council for Informix #3
Mark posted a serious question: > Why can't the announcement of the CAC for Informix be what it was > intended? ....good news for the Informix community. It has now been > twisted and changed into a completely different meaning than was > intended. There are some who think everyone on this list belongs in one of two = categories: IBM's cheerleaders and the self-described realists who = cannot seem to stop posting that Informix is dead. Anyone who tries to = cheer any apparent good news will be screamed into oblivion by these who = seldom if ever post anything of technical merit but post lots and lots = and lots of messages about how IBM is destroying Informix. Anyone who = suggests these posters are unrepentantly spreading nothing but FUD is an = IBM sell-out or is trying to censor free speech or is policing the = forum... There are those who, while not necessarily cheerleading for IBM, have = tried to disagree to varying degrees with the trolls described above. = Unfortunately, this has not been productive, and this forum has become = less and less pleasant. Once upon a time I could recommend this to my = customers as a useful place for tech information, so long as they took = everything with a grain of salt. Now, I hope they do not read it, = because the nuggets of information are between flame wars that will only = make my job worse. However, I think there are a lot of people who mainly just do not want = to put up with...

Re: IBM Informix IDS 9.3 UC3 for aix
spender said: > > I had install Informix database on my servier. > entironment just like this: > > service: ibm rs/6000, m85 > os: IBM aix 4.3.3-11 > database: Informix IDS 9.3 UC3 This version is no longer supported. > Question: > > sometime, client program report "Can't connect server", but at same time, > some client(same program) will connect server and worked normaly, > of course, not net link fault. > > when modify onconfig.xxx file, from tcp/ip socket to share memory mode, > this > question would disa...

RE: IBM .net Driver for Informix vs MSSQL .net driver
Jose, What version of CSDK you are using on the client. .NET support was introduced in CSDK 2.81.TC3 and had some problems (according to Tech Support). Even that you are using .NET, but behind the seen, the .NET provider is using ODBC (so all problem/bugs for ODBC drivers are inherited). A lot of enhancement and fixes were added to CSDK 2.90.TC3. Basim Chafik Senior Systems Analyst IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert (CATE) 1.800.688.4895 basim.chafik@plx.com plexus (Division of BancTec) -----Original Message----- From: Jose da Fonseca [mailto:jose@lads.co.za...

Re: IBM Informix IDS 9.3 UC3 for aix #4
I know I didn't send this twice, and after Madison's "triplet", is it possible that there is a problem with the mail / news gateway? Obnoxio The Clown said: > > > spender said: >> >> just aix 4.3.3 not support informix IDS9.3UC3, >> -or- >> Informix IDS version 9.3uc3 not supply support for any OS. >> >> please answer me clear. > > IDS 9.30 is out of support. I don't know about AIX 4.3.3, but that > probably isn't long for this world either. > >>> spender said: >>>> &...

RE: IBM Informix IDS 9.3 UC3 for aix #5
I'll look... -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Obnoxio The Clown Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 6:36 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: IBM Informix IDS 9.3 UC3 for aix I know I didn't send this twice, and after Madison's "triplet", is it possible that there is a problem with the mail / news gateway? Obnoxio The Clown said: > > > spender said: >> >> just aix 4.3.3 not support informix IDS9.3UC3, >> -or- >> Informix IDS version 9...

Re: IBM Informix IDS 9.3 UC3 for aix #2

I found a good site of IBM thinkpad batteries.Just look it, http://www.ibm-laptop-batteries.co.uk
Hi,everyone, I bought a battery of ibm thindpad r31 from a online store, http://www.ibm-laptop-batteries.co.uk .It is a preffesional online store for ibm thinkpad.All of the batteries not only have cheap price and excellent quality,but also have 1 year warranty and quickly deliver.f you are looking for replacement IBM laptop batteries,such as IBM laptop battery thinkpad 600,IBM thinkpad 600e,IBM R31,IBM R32,IBM T20,IBM T22,IBM T23,IBM R40 and so on,please go there,they are your resonable choice. Best regards, Roy ...

Web resources about - RE: IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. #3 - comp.databases.informix