Re: Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database #2

I have seen this also, it is MS when the "Administrator" username has
been changed to "Admin". Usually there is an "oops" also either in the
username or the password supplied to the Informix box. And you seldom
see the "bad password error" from the ODBC.

--
     (                                                ______
     ))   .-- Scott MacKenzie; Dine' College ISD --.   >===<--.
   C|~~| (>---  Phone/Voice Mail:  928-724-6639 ---<) | ; o |-'
    |  |  \---  Senior DBA/CARS Coordinator/Etc. --/  |  _  |
    `--'   `--  E: scottm at dinecollege dot edu -'   `-----'

sending to informix-list
0
Scott

Re: Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database
As the log files tells you, the user is trying userid Admin. Check if this ID exists on ur unix box. To get a list of IP's and stuff from where people login using telnet or any other protocol, ask ur sysadmin on unix to log all activity. ( sysad can restrict users via inetd.sec file ) Some of the commands which might help you - last -R , lastb -R , netstat ( you can run these yourself ) - check in informix log, the approx time when this person tries this and before that time, start a script with netstat or later check with lastb/last ( last commands will help u only in case of telnet - in other cases - if u have tcp/ip connection set for informix, netstat might help ). Hope this helps. Rgds Preetinder jorge valenzuela wrote: >Hi all !! > >I frecuently seen this message on the log file: > >"Admin: Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database >server" > >I believe two posible options there is someone that is very stupit that >always >forget his user and password or someone is trying to log in on the database >server. > >In both cases, I need to identify this person, my question is how can I >identify this user ? > >Thanks in advance. > >hpux=11.0 >ids=7.3 > > > > >sending to informix-list > > > sending to informix-list Actually, I saw this once before. It's some MS aberration where it t...

Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database server
Hi all !! I frecuently seen this message on the log file: "Admin: Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database server" I believe two posible options there is someone that is very stupit that always forget his user and password or someone is trying to log in on the database server. In both cases, I need to identify this person, my question is how can I identify this user ? Thanks in advance. hpux=11.0 ids=7.3 sending to informix-list ...

951: Incorrect password or user is not known on the database server in Informix 7.3
Hi. I recently booted the Informix IDS 7.31 server and after putting online the databases it appeared the message after acceding dbaccess: 951: Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database server Any idea? Thanks. For more information on the log file I get: 19:20:33 listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 13: errstr = informix: Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database server. System error = 13. 19:20:33 Check for password aging/account lock-out. 19:20:33 Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed! Massoroto wrote: > For more information on the log file I get: > > 19:20:33 listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 13: errstr = informix: > Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database > server. > System error = 13. > 19:20:33 Check for password aging/account lock-out. > 19:20:33 Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed! > Which OS are you using? Are you sure everything is allright with user Informix? Can you logon? Are you sure your oninit's have the right permissions? System error 13 is "#define EACCES 13 /* Permission denied */" Regards... Which OS? Which OS version? Which IDS version? "Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed!" Well that is pretty clear isn't it? ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user #2
This is from the -310 SQL errror code. Only one table with a given name can exist in a single database. (In an ANSI-compliant database, the name of the user that created a table name qualifies it, so one table of a given name per user can exist.) Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't >From: anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com >Reply-To: anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user >Date: 24 Aug 2005 23:22:39 -0700 > >Thanks for the great pointers. Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie and >hopefully my questions were not too basic. I did try reading up and >googling but could not find much. I have one more question . Is it at >all possible to create two different tables with the same name in the >same database but under two different users? sending to informix-list ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database #2
You can only revoke a privilege that exists explicitly and you are the GRANTOR, if a user's rights are part of "public" then you cannot prevent the access unless you revoke connection privileges from public Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't >From: "Gosney Simon" <GosneyS@axxia.com> >To: "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net>, <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database >user >Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:48:31 +0100 > >Jonathan... am I correct in thinking that you can't revoke rights from a >user who has those rights because they're a member of public? > >Ie, if they don't have the rights assigned with an explicit GRANT >statement, then you can't revoke their rights without revoking public's >rights and then granting permissions to all other users individually? > >Cheers > >Simon > >-----Original Message----- >From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] >On Behalf Of Jonathan Leffler >Sent: 25 August 2005 05:24 >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user > >anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com wrote: > > I had just installed Informix Advanced Server version 10.0 f...

Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user
Just to add to the discussion <SNIP> > > > It however allowed me to do a > > GRANT SELECT ON TABLE T TO B. > >Possibly - but did it actually add anything to the systabauth table? If >you read the GRANT manual pages carefully, there appears to be a >loophole such that a GRANT statement might execute 'OK' without granting >the permissions. <SNIP> Is this a loophole or a security measure? I had been led to believe it works this way deliberately. By telling a user(hacker) that his command has failed is giving him information/knowledge about your systems you may not want Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't sending to informix-list ...

Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user #3
I think so... J. anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com escribis: > Thanks for the great pointers. Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie and > hopefully my questions were not too basic. I did try reading up and > googling but could not find much. I have one more question . Is it at > all possible to create two different tables with the same name in the > same database but under two different users? sending to informix-list definately! It can be done for temp tables ...

Re: database reorg for large databases? #2
Neil Truby said: > "Obnoxio The Chav" <obnoxio@serendipita.com> wrote in message > news:1110625934.b94f20f7f1c78aa594cba514b25ed174@teranews... >> >> >> Darren_Jacobs@carmax.com said: >> >> Option 4 >> Table by table reorg using ALTER FRAGMENT. > > Isn't that what I said? Was it? I don't know -- I never pay any attention to anything you say. -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco Travel broadens a person. You look as if you have been all over the world. I went to the airport to check in and they asked what I did because I looked like a terrorist. I said I was a comedian. They said, "Say something funny then." I told them I had just graduated from flying school. -- Ahmed Ahmed http://members.rogers.com/2remedy/images/smilies/banners/RTFM.gif sending to informix-list "Obnoxio The Chav" <obnoxio@serendipita.com> wrote in message news:1110652728.b5b1b0fb7d8e3c37ac9ba5ef2b8f76ae@teranews... > > > Neil Truby said: >> "Obnoxio The Chav" <obnoxio@serendipita.com> wrote in message >> news:1110625934.b94f20f7f1c78aa594cba514b25ed174@teran...

RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database
Jonathan... am I correct in thinking that you can't revoke rights from a user who has those rights because they're a member of public? Ie, if they don't have the rights assigned with an explicit GRANT statement, then you can't revoke their rights without revoking public's rights and then granting permissions to all other users individually? Cheers Simon -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Jonathan Leffler Sent: 25 August 2005 05:24 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com wrote: > I had just installed Informix Advanced Server version 10.0 for > Windows and was checking out the security features. I created two > operating system users, say A and B, gave both GRANT CONNECT and GRANT > RESOURCE permissions from the informix DBA user. First suggestion - don't make user 'informix' the DBA; the user already has an incredible amount of power (it's God w.r.t IDS). However, this wasn't a factor in your observations. When you created the database, was a MODE ANSI database, or a logged or an unlogged database. I am 95% sure it wasn't MODE ANSI... > Now, I could access > the entire database, including both A and B's tables by logging in as > either of the users. Yes. By default, in a non-ANSI database, public ...

Re: Dump Database / Porting Database to Oracle #2

Re: Database Lock vs Database Freeze #2
Well Madan, Gerhard already gave you two possible meanings of both terms, which I think may be associated with either term. I would like to add a third meaning that could be expressed by either term as well. In this meaning it would imply that the database building process has been declared finished, stopped, whether or not new data are still coming in. The data that are already in the database have been _cleaned_ and _unblinded_. The database is frozen, locked. It may have been made physically impossible to add or change anything or it only has the status of a final db. This state of the db ...

Re: Start informix database #2
Hi.. This is an example INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$INFORMIXDIR/bin INFORMIXSERVER=coldecon_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.coldecon export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit INFORMIXSERVER=opera_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.opera export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit --- madiego <madiego@qf21.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I had an informix database in the unix server. The > server has been > restarted and now I can't start the database. > I execute 'oninit' and only can started the default > database but not > the database that I created.I haven't errors. > The configuration of INFORMIXDIR, INFROMIXSERVER, > sqlhosts and > onconfig is correct. > > What can I do? > > Regards, > __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail sending to informix-list ...

RE: Informix database creation #2
Hi The existing chunk is already starting at offset of 500. Your new chunk should have the offset as 600501 . Regards Ravinder Bahadur _________________________________________________________________ Are you Unmarried? http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?4d Register in India's No 1 Matrimony. sending to informix-list "Ravinder Bahadur" <ravinder_b@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bgsam4$i9q$1@terabinaries.xmission.com... > > Hi > The existing chunk is already starting at offset of 500. Your new chunk > sh...

Web resources about - Re: Incorrect password or user Admin is not known on the database #2 - comp.databases.informix

Politically Incorrect (blog) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the political blog. For the concept, see political correctness . For other uses, see Politically incorrect (disambiguation) ...

Incorrect sitting posture - slouching - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Back pain is the second most common reason people visits their GP (the first is the cold/flu) accounting for more than 7 million consultations ...

Joe Rogan and Mark Cuban on Politically Incorrect - YouTube
Joe Rogan on Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher and Mark Cuban

Politically incorrect
Politically incorrect

Brisbane man issued incorrect cremation certificate after council's grave error
... was left questioning whether was given the wrong ashes, after his wife was cremated at a Brisbane cemetery and the council issued an incorrect ...

Michelle Bridges wedding rumours incorrect: Tahiti was just a babymoon
RUMOURS are doing the rounds that Michelle Bridges and Steve &#8220;Commando&#8221; Willis are now married, having secretly tied the knot in ...

Incorrect answers in prep test books prove a real trial for students and their parents
You are not alone if you and your children were left scratching your heads over the answers in a book designed to prep students for the selective ...

NBC News' Brian Williams apologises for incorrect 2003 Iraq story
Brian Williams of NBC Nightly News apologised on his Wednesday broadcast for mistakenly saying he was aboard a helicopter that was hit by enemy ...

Politically incorrect cars
Politically incorrect cars

Clive Palmer incorrect on the number of executions in China
Clive Palmer got it wrong when he claimed the Chinese government executes 500,000 people a year.