RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql #3

Gentsch, Sam said:
> This is my last post on this, hate to torment you folks with my lack of
> gcc prowess.
> No comments from you OTC! :)

I would never mock someone's inability to perform.

Much.

--

Bye now,
Obnoxio

"C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule"
  - Coluche

A smile is a gift that is free to the giver and precious to the recipient.
But giving someone the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and
sincere.
sending to informix-list
0
Obnoxio

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql
sorry I suck. When running esql -o esqlbasic esqlbasic.ec -----Original Message----- From: Gentsch, Sam Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 4:08 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Informix DBD, PERL and esql Actually this is a esqlc problem and may be because we are trying to use gcc instead of cc_r I receive gcc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line Or cc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line if INFORMIXC not set. IBM Support said there was a bug for 4gl basically saying gcc does not work with it and they were not planning on fixing it (and the support guy said that meant it was true for ESQLC too) So has anyone managed to overcome this problem and successfully use gcc with AIX 5.3? Hopefully, I am missing something simple. Thanks a lot! Sam System info follows (probably more than you want) Perl: perl v5.008007 aix-64all dl_aix.xs System: aix aix 3 5 00cc339e4c00 (5.3) Using INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 and ESQL/C compiler esql Using IBM Informix CSDK Version 2.90, IBM Informix-ESQL Version 2.90.FC3 from /opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 DBI 1.48 installed IDS 9.40FC6, with a stores gcc: 3.3.2 Have INFORMIXC=gcc DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLC_LINKAGE='-b' //tried it anyways Changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to LIBPATH since on AIX Big -V stuff: gcc -v Reading specs from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --with-a...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql #4
Thanks to all !! I posted most of it for your consumption, if you need it all email me, and I will send it. S -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Jonathan Leffler Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 1:27 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: Informix DBD, PERL and esql Superboer wrote: > ahum did a quick search for aix and > loc_t ... > check out > > -D_H_LOCALEDEF Yes - that was a major part of the problem. Sam now has a severely hacked AIX-specific ESQL/C script that works with GCC. -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.01 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ sending to informix-list ...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql #2
After stripping every flag out of the esql program that it whined about I get down to: gcc: CC_TH=gcc: No such file or directory In file included from /usr/include/sys/localedef.h:46, from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/include/stdlib.h: 538, from esqlbasic.ec:25: /usr/include/sys/localedef31.h:195: error: conflicting types for `loc_t' /opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6/incl/esql/locator.h:123: error: previous declaration of `loc_t' This is my last post on this, hate to torment you folks with my lack of gcc prowess. No comments from you OTC! :) Thanks again, Sam -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Gentsch, Sam Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 5:50 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql sorry I suck. When running esql -o esqlbasic esqlbasic.ec -----Original Message----- From: Gentsch, Sam Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 4:08 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Informix DBD, PERL and esql Actually this is a esqlc problem and may be because we are trying to use gcc instead of cc_r I receive gcc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line Or cc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line if INFORMIXC not set. IBM Support said there was a bug for 4gl basically saying gcc does not work with it and they were not planning on fixin...

Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module
I found a solution, It worked well with tcp connections, Looks like perl's Informix DBD Module doesn't like shared memory connections,at least with my versions. But I can live with tcp connections. Thanks anyway. I have other question , Does anybody knows how to actually get the number of rows returned/affected in a query with perl ? I tried with : $nrows=$sth->rows(); always returned 0. $nrows = $sth->{ix_sqlerrd}[2] always returned 0 too. Any ideas ? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralag...

[Fwd: Re: Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module]
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000806050204000100000404 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I sent this to Francisco from the office, and I don't have direct posting access to news groups while I'm in the office. He agreed that the example code using rows worked and answered his questions. "Francisco Roldan" <f_roldan@admcentralagricola.com.gt> wrote: >> I found a solution, >> It worked well with tcp connections, >> Looks like perl's Informix DBD...

RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql >>RESOLVED<<
Hello ALL! With the help of Jonathan, we managed to get PERL DBI/DBD built using gcc on AIX. Jonathan edited the esql wrapper script, and Edgar Riegger introduced me to the -maix64 flag. From there everything worked like a dream. I set the following environment variable. # NO - DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLC_LINKAGE=-static INFORMIXC=gcc And below is PART of the esql file that worked for me, I think I got all the changes in the post. Thanks again to everyone that helped. Sam : ' : ************************************************************************ : : IBM INC. : : PROPRIETARY DATA : : Licensed Material - Property Of IBM : : "Restricted Materials of IBM" : : IBM Informix Client SDK : : (c) Copyright IBM Corporation 2002. All rights reserved. : : : Title: esql.sh : Description: : Source for shell script for running the ESQL/C preprocessor : : ************************************************************************ * : ' INFDIR=${INFORMIXDIR=/usr/informix} DB2CLIDIR=${INSTHOME=/usr/db2} PREPCC=${INFDIR}/lib/esql/esqlc # JL - removed (see below) #CC="${INFORMIXC=cc} -qchars=signed -q64 -qlanglvl=ansi -qalign=natural -qcheck=nullptr -qmaxmem=-1 -qspill=2000 -D_H_LOCALEDEF" #CC_TH="${INFORMIXC=xlc_r} -qchars=signed -q64 -qlanglvl=ansi -qalign=natural -qcheck=nullptr -qmaxmem=-1 -qspill=2000 ...

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

Informix DBD, PERL and esql
Actually this is a esqlc problem and may be because we are trying to use gcc instead of cc_r I receive gcc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line Or cc: '-b' must come at the start of the command line if INFORMIXC not set. IBM Support said there was a bug for 4gl basically saying gcc does not work with it and they were not planning on fixing it (and the support guy said that meant it was true for ESQLC too) So has anyone managed to overcome this problem and successfully use gcc with AIX 5.3? Hopefully, I am missing something simple. Thanks a lot! Sam System info follows (probably more than you want) Perl: perl v5.008007 aix-64all dl_aix.xs System: aix aix 3 5 00cc339e4c00 (5.3) Using INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 and ESQL/C compiler esql Using IBM Informix CSDK Version 2.90, IBM Informix-ESQL Version 2.90.FC3 from /opt/informix/IDS_9.40.FC6 DBI 1.48 installed IDS 9.40FC6, with a stores gcc: 3.3.2 Have INFORMIXC=gcc DBD_INFORMIX_ESQLC_LINKAGE='-b' //tried it anyways Changed LD_LIBRARY_PATH to LIBPATH since on AIX Big -V stuff: gcc -v Reading specs from /opt/freeware/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0/3.3.2/specs Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/bin/ld --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/opt/freeware --enable-threads --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --host=powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0.0 Thread model: aix gcc vers...

Re: Informix database creation #3
Seweryn: When you run "onstat -d" - it gives size in terms of blocks (pagesize). It can be 2K or 4 K depending upon OS. You can find out the page size using "onstat -b | grep 'buffer' | awk '{print $10}' " - this will return page size in BYTES . When you create the dbspace using onspaces - you need to mention the size of the dbspace interms of "KBytes" example: In your OS, if you have Page size 2K - then you need to start the offset from 1200000, you can go only upto 800000 KB size of dbspace due to 2GB size limitation. try thi...

Re: Perl DBD:Informix on NT
To avoid getting a C compiler and building the Informix module on Windows, I used the ODBC module and was able to connect to my Informix databases from Windows easily. Here were the steps: 1- Install the CSDK on Windows 2- Set all the connection info in setnet32 and test it with ilogin or dbping. 3- Create a ODBC DSN and test it. 4- Install the DBD:ODBC perl module 5- Create my perl script with using DBD:ODBC and the DSN created in setp 3. The only issues you may have are if you are using Informix specific features that are not supported in the ODBC module. If you stick to g...

RE: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases #3
Hi Simmon and Superboer thanks you for your suggestions. I tried out the RAW table and it works like a charm, it was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot. Regards, Aash -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [ mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org <mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org> ]On Behalf Of Simmons, Keith Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 7:41 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: RE: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases Aash You don't tell us which version of IDS you are using, however have you investigated RAW tables (if they are avaialable in your version). They can be created in logged or unlogged dbs and can allow the type of access you require. RAW tables cannot be indexed or have constraints, but the table can be changed to STANDARD (very quickly) and then be indexed. You will not need any intermediate files, just INSERT INTO 'raw_table' SELECT FROM 'source_table'. Keith -----Original Message----- From: Aashish Ramsinghani - ASDC, Chennai [ mailto:Aashishsr@hcl.in <mailto:Aashishsr@hcl.in> ] Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 13:01 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases Hi I am using Informix for one of my DW projects. We are loading data from the source system into the staging area both are separate Databases. Source has logging enables and staging has it disabled. The prob...

RE: Moving Data from Informix SE 4 to Informix SE 7 #3

Database Server Hangs / Perl DBD Informix Module
Hi everybody, I have Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.30.UC11 on Red Hat Linux 9 perl v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi DBI 1.42 DBD Informix 2003.04 After installing perl's DBI and DBD Modules for Informix I finally get a script to connect and disconnect to the database . But after running the script several times (that only connects and disconnects to the database ) , the server hangs and it does not let to connect to any database with the message : 25588: The appl process cannot connect to the database server Restarting the server fix the problem but I can not...

Re: Does Informix-SQL have Perl-like functions? #3
ok. It looks interesting to learn. Chucho! Obnoxio The Clown wrote: > Jean Sagi wrote: > > >>I saw what this functions do and it look awesome! >> >>What is interesting most, to me, is the term: >> >>"Bladelet" >> >>How it is related a Bladelet to a Datablade? >>Where can I find Information on "Bladelets"? > > > A Bladelet is an unsupported, public domain DataBlade. Just mooch around the > website you were on... > > >>Paul G. Brown wrote: >> >>&g...

RE: Naming Convention for Informix Database Objects #3
I think you seem a tad upset there. Maybe because someone got the better of the clown? -----Original Message----- From: Obnoxio The Clown [SMTP:obnoxio@hotmail.com] Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 12:57 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: RE: Naming Convention for Informix Database Objects Dusty Haas wrote: > Shouldn't indices be - this_is_an_index_called_ instead of a_index_? > > Just a curious thought You're quite right to do that nit pick and I do feel just like a right dick your razor sharp eyes affirm the surmise "to cut and paste is la...

Re: Perl DBD::Informix and IDS 64-bit
Hi, I'm using Perl 64 bit on Solaris 9. The Sun provided Perl is 5.6.1 and 32bit. So I built my own 5.8.0 with the Sun CC 5.4 and DBD-Informix 2003.04 and DBI 1.34, CSDK 2.81FC2, IDS 7.31FD5. Works fine and is in production now. But I never managed it to get a DBI>1.34 working on this Plattform. I've escalated this case with IBM informix Support here in Germany, but it didn't get to Jonathan Leffeler I think. The problem was that DBI->errstr pointed in the wrong direction so that I got a Segmentation Violation when trying to print it. > I'm curio...

Re: Re: Informix in the press... #3
> ... > Would have been a great thing. > ... I hope it will be, some day ... J. -----Original Message----- From: "mark.scranton@gmail.com" <mark.scranton@gmail.com> To: informix-list@iiug.org Date: 28 Aug 2006 16:14:38 -0700 Subject: Re: Informix in the press... All - I was involved in the discussion about the "free version of IDS for the development community...." (Mar 2006 timeframe). It got axed due to a potential small loss of potential revenue. My response to the attendees was simple....I said "...we could can generate 100 times the revenue you are concerned about losing if we would quit saying the DB2 is better than XPS!". Some of the crowd wasn't amused, some I know agreed with me. Regardless, it did not change the plan NOT to offer a free version of IDS in the hopes of stimulating the developer community. My comments got misconstrued and changed "dramatically" by someone eavesdropping on the call (and a a few of us are very aware of who that was), and by the time they got "up the ladder", all kinds of interesting things were being said. So I was again disappointing at the nixing of a potential great marketing tool AND the chance to get IDS spread into the developer community. Would have been a great thing. Thanks - Mark. Hamilton, Jerry wrote: > I dunno, I think I like JPeG. > > -----Original Message----- > From: informix-list-bounces@...

Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user #3
I think so... J. anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com escribis: > Thanks for the great pointers. Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie and > hopefully my questions were not too basic. I did try reading up and > googling but could not find much. I have one more question . Is it at > all possible to create two different tables with the same name in the > same database but under two different users? sending to informix-list definately! It can be done for temp tables ...

Re: Connecting to new database within Informix Instance #3
Hi again. Execute the following command. /usr/sbin/ping arcdb e.g) etorofu 27: /usr/sbin/ping bygzam -n 3 PING bygzam: 64 byte packets 64 bytes from 172.16.105.171: icmp_seq=0. time=6. ms 64 bytes from 172.16.105.171: icmp_seq=1. time=0. ms 64 bytes from 172.16.105.171: icmp_seq=2. time=0. ms ----bygzam PING Statistics---- 3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss round-trip (ms) min/avg/max = 0/2/6 If you can not correct result from ping, resolve hostname first. Regards. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 >From: &qu...

Re: Relocate Informix database from Raw slices to filesystem #3
If the device is 'not going to exist anymore' why not dd the data from the old slice to the internal disk and then just link the 'not going to exist anymore device' to the new location On 10/17/05, Fernando Nunes <spam@domus.online.pt> wrote: > > Clive Eisen wrote: > > mccmx@hotmail.com wrote: > > > >> > >> I don't neccesarily need to move them off raw slices, but I do need to > >> move them to different slices. This is because I am moving the > >> database from SAN storage to internal disks... So ultimately > >> /dev/rdsk/c1d6d0s4 (and s5 and s6) wont exist anymore. > >> > >> So I need a way of relocating the data to a new slice or a filesystem > >> file. I suspect the process will be t > >> > > You can, in an unsupported environment, binary edit the rootdbs > > as the path to the other chunks is held there > > But the new paths would need to have the same length... > That's why you should never use physical names. Always use symbolic > links to the real devices... > > In this circunstances I don't see how an unload/reload can be avoided... > > > Regards. > > > -- Paul Watson Tel: +44 7818 003457 Fax: +44 1436 678693 sending to informix-list Paul Watson wrote: > If the device is 'not going to exist anymore' why not dd the data from the ...

Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database #3
The second form should work. What are you using as a field delimiter? Informix defaults to a pipe "|". If you are using some other character you will need to include the delimiter phrase ... LOAD FROM "pathname" [DELIMITER "char"] INSERT INTO table-name commbtp@lineone.n et (Umes...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #3
Did You re-install Informix executables ('installserver' script) after transferring it to anather machine with Solaris utility? If not, please, do that. Also, do nor forget about 'RUNASROOT' script. ------------------------------------------ Alexey Sonkin Senior Database Administrator > -----Original Message----- > From: KW Foo [mailto:hovid@streamyx.com] > Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 5:38 AM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server > > What should I check in the /etc/system ? > > Regards, > KW Foo > > -- > "Paul Watson" <paul@oninit.com> wrote in message > news:400B9841.75DB2436@oninit.com... > > Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct > > > > KW Foo wrote: > > > > > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > > > application and the data and restore to another server. > > > > > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server > using > > > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to > another > > > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > > > > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the > Informix > > > ch...

Web resources about - RE: Informix DBD, PERL and esql #3 - comp.databases.informix

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.