From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org
[mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of bobkot@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:28 AM
To: informix-list@iiug.org
Subject: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information
mismatch

I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4

I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but
I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message
"[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch"

I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any
matching pairs.

Can somebody help.

XP client and Linux server

Link

Version 10.00.UC4E is what I am running. How do I determine what the
database was created with ?

I have no customer support - that is me - so where to for the patches ?
Would that be for the IDS or the SDK

0
bobkot
--=_alternative 0023D97D65257178_=

To find out what's the database locale in your environment go to the
server instance window/shell and do "onstat -g env | grep -i db_locale"
this will give you the value of DB locale for your server. You can also
get the same from dbaccess, go to the database you are connecting to and
go to "info" and then "Nls" ..there you should be able to see db locale
for your database. Once you come to know the value of your database ...use
the same value in your DSN setup for ODBC or if you are using DSNLESS
connection then "DLOC=<the value>" should be part of your connection
string ...

In terms of patch you must be asking for CSDK(i.e ODBC) patch not IDS.

As you said you are using IDS on Linux and if you are sure you only
created the database on this server and didn't use any DB_LOCALE setting
while creating the database then by default its going to be en_US.819 or
en_US.8859-1 . So try one of these two values it should work !!!

Thanks & Regards
-Shesh

bobkot@gmail.com
Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org
05/24/2006 11:44 AM

informix-list@iiug.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch

Version 10.00.UC4E is what I am running. How do I determine what the
database was created with ?

I have no customer support - that is me - so where to for the patches ?
Would that be for the IDS or the SDK

--=_alternative 0023D97D65257178_=

in your environment go to the server instance window/shell and do &quot;onstat
-g env | grep -i db_locale&quot; this will give you the value of DB locale
for your server. You can also get the same from dbaccess, go to the database
you are connecting to and go to &quot;info&quot; and then &quot;Nls&quot;
...there you should be able to see db locale for your database. Once you
come to know the value of your database ...use the same value in your DSN
setup for ODBC or if you are using DSNLESS connection then &quot;DLOC=&lt;the
value&gt;&quot; should be part of your connection string ...</font>
for CSDK(i.e ODBC) patch not IDS.</font>
and if you are sure you only created the database on this server and didn't
use any DB_LOCALE setting while creating the database then by default its
going to be en_US.819 or en_US.8859-1 . So try one of these two values
it should work !!!</font>
-Shesh<br>
locale information mismatch</font></table>
determine what the<br>
database was created with ?<br>
I have no customer support - that is me - so where to for the patches ?<br>
Would that be for the IDS or the SDK<br>
--=_alternative 0023D97D65257178_=--
0
Sheshnarayan

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where you have fix for 171156 IDS defect. Basically this bug fix will enforce the correct database locale setting from client (i.e. ODBC etc). If you supply the (default is en_US.1252) correct database locale(that is actually the database created with) in ODBC DSN(or your connection string) then your connection should go through. However in ODBC side as well we have the corresponding fix in place. Ask your customer support to get the patch of ODBC defects 175110 and 175746. These ODBC fixes will automatically take care of getting the correct database locale value for the given database (through DSN). Thanks & Regards -Shesh bobkot@gmail.com Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org 05/23/2006 05:58 PM To informix-list@iiug.org cc Subject [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.T...

[OdbcException: ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available.]
I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not available. pls help me, How can i solve this problem? is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? thanks alot, for the problem, i set the informix : no log--> log and the problem 's solved. Mahta On 31 Dec 2006 23:05:58 -0800, Mahta <mahbahj@gmail.com> wrote: > I 've connected to informix database. i want to begin an odbc > transaction in my C# code. then the error occured. > > ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Transaction not > available. > > pls help me, How can i solve this problem? > is it needed to especial setting in the informix db? Informix databases can be created with support for transactions - not recommended, but possible. It appears that your database is one such - so any operations that use transactions are going to fail like that. Fix - don't use transactions in C#, or add transactions to the database. For the latter, read the manuals (ontape, onbar). -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2005.02 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ ...

Re: ERROR -11048 [informix][informix ODBC driver] unable to load
--0__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: multipart/alternative; Boundary="1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE" --1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII There could be couple of reasons for this error message : 1. Your INFORMIXDIR environment variable is not pointing to the correct location. 2. If you have multiple CSDKs installed in one Windows box then you might want to check that the one which you want is listed first in the PATH enviro...

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

Desc:[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]Serialization failure.
This is ids 9.4 TC2 on Windows 2000. The ODBC driver is 3.82 What usually causes this? [Informix ODBC Driver]Serialization failure. Src:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Info:Unspecified error Message: The program was doing an update on a few rows of one table. sending to informix-list ...

RE: Do I have to have an Informix Database?
Bruce, You have to buy a database from somewhere. But 4Js and Querix offer versions of the Informix-4GL compiler that will work with other databases. I think they both give the choice between Informix and Oracle, and I think DB2. But visit their web-sites to find out the latest info. Their compilers also work on Windows or UNIX thereby giving even more flexibility. Malcolm -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Bruce Truter Sent: 15 February 2004 03:36 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Do I have ...

ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error
I have this tables: create table 'informix'.corporatemenuelements ( menuid NVARCHAR(128) not null, caption NVARCHAR(255), type NCHAR(1), address NCHAR(2048) ) extent size 32 next size 32 lock mode row; alter table 'informix'.corporatemenuelements add constraint primary key (menuid) constraint pk_corporatemen269; from .net with odbc data provider i try: String sql =3D "INSERT INTO CorporateMenuElements (MenuId, Caption, Type, Address) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)"; DbCommand cmd =3D DB.GetSqlStringCommand(sql); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "MenuId", DbType.String, menuId); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Caption", DbType.String, caption); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Type", DbType.String, type); DB.AddInParameter(cmd, "Address", DbType.String, address); Int32 mustBeOne =3D DB.ExecuteNonQuery(cmd); I get: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException was unhandled Message=3D"ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error." Source=3D"iclit09b.dll" ErrorCode=3D-2146232009 StackTrace: en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open_EnlistTransaction (Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen.EnlistTransaction (Transaction transaction) en Sys...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). Thanks, =A0 Sean. Sean Baker napisa�(a): > For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source can be found here: > > http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.aspx > > CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. > > I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). > > Thanks, > > Sean. I've also tried to create Informix Database Provider for Enterprise Library 2005. I've converted sample Northwind database to Informix and I've wrote the provider. Unfortunately...

RE: Help needed in transfering or backing up/restoring Informix database via ODBC.
VP usually if you run dbaccess and the Connect to a non-trusted host you get a username/password dialogue. If you enter a valid c combination for he target host you should be able to get access (unless your assword/sshadow files are corrupt). Keith -----Original Message----- From: vpreatr@gmail.com [mailto:vpreatr@gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:32 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: Help needed in transfering or backing up/restoring Informix database via ODBC. David, Unfortunately I only have ODBC access, the server is not configured to trust another INFORMIXSERVER nor can I add trust via allow.hosts (or ..rhosts) due to the level of file corruption on the failing server. Typically I'd access the server via DBACCESS and DBEXPORT remotely providing a trust relationship was established with the source location (workstation/server IP, username, etc. ) - that isn't the case here. If I attempt to access the server with such tools, I'm greeted with a "Client host or user (myid@myaddress.com) is not trusted by the server." So basically unless a utility exists with the capability of dbexport or dbcopy that can bypass or ignore the client host/use trust restrictions; I'm limited solely to ODBC and the server is truly on borrowed time. (If the Informix server were to be shutdown, it would never start again due to the level of corruption at the filesystem level) Thanks! david@smooth1.co.uk wrote: &...

Re: ANNOUNCE: IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01
bottom right side, click office, followed by edit current. Click the mail tab. Go to the bottom and change mime to rich text. Thanks to June Hunt I changed mine (mime) fairly recently! peace Jonathan Leffler <jleffler@earthli nk.net> To Sent by: informix-list@iiug.org ...

ERROR -11048 [informix][informix ODBC driver] unable to load translation DLL
Mi ambiente IDS 7.30.UC2 SCO Unix 5.0.4 WIN 98se Informix cliente-SDK 2.81 Ya tengo configurado con el setnet, probando con el ILogin, si funciona, se conecta. Lo que no funciona es cuando creo mi propio DNS de usuario, al probar la coneccion me sale este error. Igual no me funciona desde Excel o desde Visual Basic. Sera: Environment el Cliente Locale Data base Locale ??? Gracias de antemano Luis Camacho. ...

Informix Training for New Informix Database Administrators
Folks, Art Kagel and I will be teaching our Informix Training course for New Informix Database Administrators, March 5-8, 2012. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 11 or 10 databases. Course Outline: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/OutlineInformixIDSforDBAs.html Course Schedule and Registration: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html Participant Quote: "I recently had the opportunity to attend (remotely via WebEx) a training course with Lester Knutsen for Informix. This was one of the best investments that we have spent on learning tips to tune and monitor a system. The course was very informative and enlightening. At first I was skeptical of attending a training session remotely but in the long run it was definitely the best way to have been trained. We were able to immediately make checks, changes, and adjustments to our current infrastructure as the course was being taught. Thanks for all your support and help!" Eric Urff, Director Information Technology Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Regards - Lester -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-2...

Do I have to have an Informix Database?
I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with 4gl. Is there anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially something that will create its own database) ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! Bruce Truter wrote: > I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl > compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means > I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay w...

Re: Benchmarking for Informix database
Peter Chang said: > > I was wondering if there are any benchmarking tool that I can use to > calculate TPM of an Informix database on a particular server? I seem to recall that it's possible to download the TPC benchmarks from www.tpc.org ...? But the best benchmark is your own application and something like a load runner robot. -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH &qu...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Re: Start informix database
May be you have more than one Informix's instances and your missed database was not created in the instance where you are looking for it. Send us the content of your sqlhosts file and the result of : echo $INFORMIXSERVER Regards ----- Original Message ----- From: "madiego" <madiego@qf21.com> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 1:04 PM Subject: Start informix database > Hello, > > I had an informix database in the unix server. The server has been > restarted and now I can't start the database. &...

RE: Rowids in Informix Databases
Vijay All the tables will have rowids (they must !!), they are not visible on a normal table view but can be returned by query. If a table is fragmented (but only if (v7.31) ) it can be created WITH ROWIDS which will create a separate rowid column. Why do you need rowids? They tend to be a fudge to cover up poor or inadequate database design. Don't you have lots of lovely, simple (single column) primary keys to use to identify your records. Keith=20 -> -----Original Message----- -> From: Vijay Kumar [mailto:rudrappa@india.hp.com] -> Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 20...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

informix database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C38F0C.28FAA400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use win32com.client to create ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset: win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Connection') win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Recordset') I can connect to an access database and I can update it, but if I change = the connection string to connect to Informix database, its values no = refresh. Do you know any bug using Python and Informix database? Thanks. ------=...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the followin...

.NET TransactionScope -> ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error
Hi using Microsoft Enterprise Library Data access App Block i have this code using (TransactionScope scope =3D new TransactionScope(TransactionScopeOption.Required)) { Database db1 =3D new GenericDatabase( ConnStringBuilder.ConnString, OdbcFactory.Instance); String sql1 =3D "insert into test_text values (51, 'holas1')"; db1.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandType.Text, sql1); scope.Complete(); } The ExecuteNonQuery causes this exception: No se control=F3 System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException Message=3D"ERROR [HY000] [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver]General error." Source=3D"iclit09b.dll" ErrorCode=3D-2146232009 StackTrace: en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open_EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionOpen.EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.EnlistTransaction(Transaction transaction) en System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open() en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetNewOpenConnection() en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.TransactionScopeConnections.GetCo= nnection(Database db) en Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Database.GetOpenConnect...

RE: Informix database creation
The Raw device of 17Gb will not be useful to you on 7.31.FD6. You need to create then at 2Gb (maximum sizes are listed in your release notes), or upgrade to 9.40. Check onstat -d again...it suggests you have successfully created that dbspace and are trying to create it again. MW > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org > [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]On Behalf Of Seweryn > Sent: Thursday, 7 August 2003 7:57 a.m. > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Informix database creation > > > Hi all, > > I'm ...

Web resources about - RE: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch - comp.databases.informix