LoadRunner and QAtools come to mind ...

Thanx much,

Rajib Sarkar
Advisory Software Engineer (RAS)
IBM Data Management Group
Ph :  (602)-217-2100
Fax:  (602)-217-2100
T/L : 667-2100

As long as you derive inner help and comfort from anything, keep it --
Mahatma Gandhi

                      kalpanapai@hotmai
                      l.com                    To:       informix-list@iiug.org
                      (KalpanaPai)             cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Load testing tool for  Informix
                      owner-informix-li
                      st@iiug.org

                      09/15/2003 07:10
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      kalpanapai

Hi

We have set up a new database server with informix 9.21 on solaris.

For testing our application we are using as s test box now, before it
is put to production , we want to  do load testing.

Can anybody  suggest me  are they any  tools available for load and
performance testing, or any guidelines ?

Highly appreciated

Thanks
Kalpana

sending to informix-list
0
Rajib

RE: Load testing tool for Informix
Make sure you test it properly - we had a couple of weird bugs in 9.21, which should never have been released ..... (but then this was on HP and not Solaris) - such as not being able to select a char column into a char variable - and also a PDQ bug which enabled PDQ without setting any variables :-o -----Original Message----- From: KalpanaPai [mailto:kalpanapai@hotmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 4:11 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Load testing tool for Informix Hi We have set up a new database server with informix 9.21 on solaris. For testing our application we are using as s test box now, before it is put to production , we want to do load testing. Can anybody suggest me are they any tools available for load and performance testing, or any guidelines ? Highly appreciated Thanks Kalpana sending to informix-list ...

Re: Load testing tool for Informix #3
It should've been QALoad ...sorry about that .. Thanx much, Rajib Sarkar Advisory Software Engineer (RAS) IBM Data Management Group Ph : (602)-217-2100 Fax: (602)-217-2100 T/L : 667-2100 As long as you derive inner help and comfort from anything, keep it -- Mahatma Gandhi Rajib Sarkar/Phoenix/IB To: kalpanapai@hotmail.com (KalpanaPai) M@IBMUS cc: informix-list@iiug.org, owner-informix-list@iiug.org Sent by: Subject: Re: Load testing tool for Informix owner-informix-li st@iiug.org ...

Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database #2
Umesh said: > Hi > I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected > to the database using Visula Basic 6. > When l build a string for example > SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*' > and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine. > > When l try to load data to a table : > SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" > or > SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 > > I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. Because the LOAD statement is specific to DBACCESS, not SQL. -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco I went to the airport to check in and they asked what I did because I looked like a terrorist. I said I was a comedian. They said, "Say something funny then." I told them I had just graduated from flying school. -- Ahmed Ahmed sending to informix-list ...

Load testing tool for Informix
Hi We have set up a new database server with informix 9.21 on solaris. For testing our application we are using as s test box now, before it is put to production , we want to do load testing. Can anybody suggest me are they any tools available for load and performance testing, or any guidelines ? Highly appreciated Thanks Kalpana KalpanaPai wrote: > We have set up a new database server with informix 9.21 on solaris. Why? You should not be creating new systems with anything older than 9.30 - preferably 9.40. -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2003.04 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ ISV recommendation? For some reason that eludes me some ISVs seem reluctant to certify their applications for newer releases of Informix. -- Neil Truby t:01932 724027 Director m:07798 811708 Ardenta Limited e:neil.truby@ardenta.com "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%tz9b.5072$UN4.3184@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > KalpanaPai wrote: > > We have set up a new database server with informix 9.21 on solaris. > > Why? You should not be creating new systems with anything older than > 9.30 - preferably 9.40. > > > -- > Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> > Emai...

RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database #2
You can only revoke a privilege that exists explicitly and you are the GRANTOR, if a user's rights are part of "public" then you cannot prevent the access unless you revoke connection privileges from public Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't >From: "Gosney Simon" <GosneyS@axxia.com> >To: "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net>, <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database >user >Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:48:31 +0100 > >Jonathan... am I correct in thinking that you can't revoke rights from a >user who has those rights because they're a member of public? > >Ie, if they don't have the rights assigned with an explicit GRANT >statement, then you can't revoke their rights without revoking public's >rights and then granting permissions to all other users individually? > >Cheers > >Simon > >-----Original Message----- >From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] >On Behalf Of Jonathan Leffler >Sent: 25 August 2005 05:24 >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user > >anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com wrote: > > I had just installed Informix Advanced Server version 10.0 f...

Re: hi Cant load informix online 5.2 on linux -8 ( rpm file) #2
Hi, As Tsutomu said it's a bug in the RPM package of Red Hat 8, I know two workarounds: 1. - When you get the error message type 'OVERRIDE', (all caps and without the apostrophe). 2 . export RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/informix export INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix install without any relocation HTH ----- Original Message ----- From: "RATHER" <myzahoor@yahoo.co.uk> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 11:57 PM Subject: hi Cant load informix online 5.2 on linux -8 ( rpm file) > Hello friends > > REcently i download Informix online5.2 ffrom iiug.org site for Liunx. > Now i am trying to load this online5.2 version on linux 8. I have already > user informix created and am giving the followin coomand from the root. > > rpm -i --relocate /opt/informix=$INFORMIXDIR 110197612040731.RPM > > THIS gives me the following error: > > ERROR: INFORMIXDIR doest match the target directry name provided in the rpm > command. If you are not installing this product in the default INFORMIXDIR > name for Linux (/opt/informix), You must provide your INFORMIX dIRECTORY > name with the -- prefix ( rpm 2.x Syntax) or -- relocated ( rpm 3.x Syntax) > paramater in your rpm -i command line. > then again i used the following also but gives me the same error: > > rpm -i --prefix /usr/informix 110197612040731.RPM > > So pleaes anyone sug...

Re: Difference between Informix connect and Informix Client SDK #2
Hi Francisco. Client SDK is a developer's kit. You can create and compile program using ESQL/C (it is bundled.) Connect is a runtime of Client SDK. HTH. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 >From: Francisco Roldan <froldan@5b.com.gt> >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Difference between Informix connect and Informix Client SDK >Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:18:35 -0600 > >Does Somebody would tell me the difference between >those Informix products? > >And the estimated cost of each one (for Linux) ? > >...

RE: Informix database creation #2
Hi The existing chunk is already starting at offset of 500. Your new chunk should have the offset as 600501 . Regards Ravinder Bahadur _________________________________________________________________ Are you Unmarried? http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?4d Register in India's No 1 Matrimony. sending to informix-list "Ravinder Bahadur" <ravinder_b@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bgsam4$i9q$1@terabinaries.xmission.com... > > Hi > The existing chunk is already starting at offset of 500. Your new chunk > should have the offset as 600501 . Nonsense! ...

Re: Start informix database #2
Hi.. This is an example INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$INFORMIXDIR/bin INFORMIXSERVER=coldecon_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.coldecon export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit INFORMIXSERVER=opera_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.opera export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit --- madiego <madiego@qf21.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I had an informix database in the unix server. The > server has been > restarted and now I can't start the database. > I execute 'oninit' and only can started the default > database but not > the database that I created.I haven't errors. > The configuration of INFORMIXDIR, INFROMIXSERVER, > sqlhosts and > onconfig is correct. > > What can I do? > > Regards, > __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - 100MB free storage! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail sending to informix-list ...

Re: ERROR -11048 [informix][informix ODBC driver] unable to load
--0__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: multipart/alternative; Boundary="1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE" --1__=08BBE4B7DF9175EE8f9e8a93df938690918c08BBE4B7DF9175EE Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII There could be couple of reasons for this error message : 1. Your INFORMIXDIR environment variable is not pointing to the correct location. 2. If you have multiple CSDKs installed in one Windows box then you might want to check that the one which you want is listed first in the PATH environment variable traversing from left to right ( for example : set PATH=%Informixdir_I_want%\bin;%etc_etc%;%PATH%). 3. Your Client and DB locales are not matching as per the conversions supported parameters. HTH -Shesh laboratorio@eldia rio.net (Luis To: informix-list@iiug.org Camacho) cc: Sent by: Subject: ERROR -11048 [informix][informix ODBC driver] unable to load ...

Re: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases #2
I think your best bet would be to use HPL to unload data from the logged db and load it into the non-logged db as long as they both have the same schema(=table definition). Regards, Uday. "Aashish Ramsinghani - ASDC, Chennai" To <Aashishsr@hcl.in informix-list@iiug.org > cc Sent by: owner-informix-li Subject st@iiug.org Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases 12/09/2005 07:01 AM Hi I am using Informix for one of my DW projects. We are loading data from the source system into the staging area both are separate Databases. Source has logging enables and staging has it disabled. The problem comes when I try to access data across both these databases. I cannot link tables between these databases because of their logging properties. So I am dumping the data into a CSV file and loading it again but for my initial load which consists of 40+ million records it is a problem. In oracle I know we can make a separate table space and dump the data there then load the table space to another database. I don't know if such a thing is possible in Informix. Any help will be appreciated. Th...

Re: Moving Data from Informix SE 4 to Informix SE 7 #2
"DBEXPORT bombs out on certain databases because of corrupted system > > tables and/or bad data." I have found that nearly all instances of DBEXPORT "bombing" are due to invalid data in date fields, especially when the data originated in 4.x or earlier versions of the database. The best way around the problem is by first finding the offending rows with a where clause that includes <datefieldname> not between "01011800" and "12312099" and then updating or deleting such rows with the same where clause. If you delete such rows, or at least update the offending date fields to some unique valid date that you can later identify, your export should at least complete. John Fahey ----- Original Message ----- From: "scottishpoet" <dryburghj@yahoo.com> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 8:13 PM Subject: [iiug] Re: Moving Data from Informix SE 4 to Informix SE 7 > nlaods?? no thts not a special utility sorry its another typo > > wolphie@hotmail.com (Smitty) wrote in message news:<4f39af7f.0408301540.5de8ce63@posting.google.com>... > > I'm a programmer/analyst at a medical services company. At the core > > of our system is an Informix SE 4.x database - (c)1990, with all > > business software written in-house using Informix 4GL and FourGen (a > > CASE tool also from the early 90s). Everything runs from an R...

Re: How to run Informix as a normal/unprivileged "informix" user? #2
--0-1804522149-1193257177=:47469 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable > Making the IDS start with SYSTEM account is even worse than starting it w= ith as an administrator of the system=0A=0AWhy is it worse? =0A=0ASYSTEM is= not a real user. Many server programs choose to run their services as SYST= EM for security purposes so the real users can be taken out of Administrato= rs group. Can you elaborate on your specific concerns about running IDS as = SYSTEM user.=0A=0AGuy=0A=0A=0A----- Original Message ----=0AFrom: "kdobrev@= gmail.com" <kdobrev@gmail.com>=0ATo: informix-list@iiug.org=0ASent: Wednesd= ay, October 24, 2007 2:07:11 AM=0ASubject: Re: How to run Informix as a nor= mal/unprivileged "informix" user?=0A=0A=0AI'm using Windows Server 2003 Sta= ndart. I have tried to make Informix=0Amember of Users instead of member of= Administrators, but a user cannot=0Astart services. I have given the right= to login as service, but still=0Ano luck. Making the IDS start with SYSTEM= account is even worse than=0Astarting it with as an administrator of the s= ystem.=0A=0AAny other suggestions?=0A=0A___________________________________= ____________=0AInformix-list mailing list=0AInformix-list@iiug.org=0Ahttp:/= /www.iiug.org/mailman/listinfo/informix-list=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A_____________= _____________________________________=0ADo You Yahoo!?=0ATired of spam? Ya= hoo! Mail has th...

Re: Naming Convention for Informix Database Objects #2
Obnoxio The Clown wrote: > Christopher wrote: > > >>Can anyone recommend a good naming convention for database objects in >>Informix? >> >>Generally, I use my own variation on Hungarian, but I wondered if >>there is an equivalent of the RVBA (also known as Leszynski/Reddick) >>standard among Informix developers. >> >>I would also be thrilled to find a write-up I can reuse or just plain >>plagiarize. >> >>As an aside, this is to be implemented on IDS 9.4, so long identifiers >>are not an issue. > > > I generally prefix tables with this_is_a_table_called_, views with > this_is_a_view_called_, indexes with this_is_a_index_called_ ... ....And jokes with this_is_a_joke_ ... You shouldn't use your powers over the weak-minded for evil, Luke! I'm looking at a variable name in some 4GL code at the moment called g_f_or_p. Guess what values it generally contains? Now do you think I need to change it's name if I change it's contents?... Give people enough rope (chars), ... Cheers, -- Mark. +----------------------------------------------------------+-----------+ | Mark D. Stock mailto:mdstock@MydasSolutions.com |//////// /| | Mydas Solutions Ltd http://MydasSolutions.com |///// / //| | +-----------------------------------+//// / ///| | |We value your comments, wh...

RE: How long can an Informix database name be? #2
The database name on SE is limited to 10 characters. This is an historical anomaly based on the fact that the database name was used as the directory name where that database will be stored. Directory names in early versions of unix were restricted to 14 characters, but that was including any extension, and as informix used dbname.dbs that restricted the database name to 10 characters. And beware - on some versions that ran on DOS it was further restricted to 8 characters - but that's another story. Regards Malcolm -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Sebastian, Norma J. Sent: 11 January 2005 04:18 To: informix-list@iiug.org Cc: Mark Scranton ; Sebastian, Norma J. Subject: How long can an Informix database name be? Hi all, I have a customer with a "how long can a database name be?" question. The story is they have a standard engine, and lots of small databases, and they follow a certain naming standard for database names. They are using the informix engine as an embedded product, and he(customer) did not know the root or informix password on this system. First issue is... What IDS version.... Well.... I found tools like selog and secheck in $INFORMIXDIR/bin. When run, they show: Selog DBLOG: Transaction Log File Display C-ISAM Version 7.25.UC1 Secheck BCHECK C-ISAM B-tree Checker version 7.25.UC1 When I go into Isql,...

Re: Re: Informix in the press... #2
YES! YES!, I'm with you !! Free IDS 10 express download without bombs !!. This allowed me to study, learn and program for IDS. J. -----Original Message----- From: "Roy Mercer" <roy.mercer@gmail.com> To: informix-list@iiug.org Date: 18 Aug 2006 08:51:47 -0700 Subject: Re: Informix in the press... Are you kidding me! http://www.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/db2express/ DUH! It's free to download and run in production! This was my complaint at the Tampa conference, why does IBM let you download and run DB2 in production but not IDS! IDS Express needs to be offered as a free download just like DB2 express. You work for IBM? WTF! Christine Normile wrote: > The version of IDS v10 without the timeout was made available to the > IIUG exclusively for IIUG members to download. IBM requires that > individuals register when they want to download a product. Stuart > Litel has refused to make the non-timelimited code available because > of this IBM restriction (even though IBM was willing to provide the > hosting service.) > > It's interesting that you say you have trial code for DB2 that is non- > limited. Could you please provide the link where you obtained it? > > On Aug 18, 2006, at 5:25 AM, Double Echo wrote: > > > eric@herber-consulting.de wrote: > >> Sometimes wonders take a little bit longer: > >> > >> http://ww...

Re: Relocate Informix database from Raw slices to filesystem #2
Why pay someone ??? It's a trivial task On 10/17/05, Neil Truby <neil.truby@ardenta.com> wrote: > > <mccmx@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:1129561344.240798.314750@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > Thats sounds promising. > > > > So effectively add a mirrored chunk to each dbspace using onspaces and > > then drop the original chunk. > > > > Can you do this for the rootdbs dbspace too...? > > > > Matt > > > > If it's a production system you might be better off paying someone who > knows > what they're doing to do this for you. > > -- > Neil Truby t:01932 724027 > Director m:07798 811708 > Ardenta Limited e:neil.truby@ardenta.com > > > > -- Paul Watson Tel: +44 7818 003457 Fax: +44 1436 678693 sending to informix-list ...

RE: Informix 9.40 crash after stress test. #2
If a user connects to the server using shared memory or TCP/IP has nothing to do with how much shared memory is allocated for the threads running from that users session. Shared memory connection vs. TCP/IP is simply the method of communication between the server and client. If you want to verify the type of connection: If the client app is running on the same machine, get the process id of the client. Run: onstat -g ses | grep PID - the process id of the client The session id is the first column in the onstat -g ses output. Then run: onstat -g ntu | grep SESSION_ID - the s...

Re: informix
Server Studio. www.serverstudio.com DL Redden <redden96@yahoo.c om> To Sent by: informix-list@iiug.org owner-informix-li cc st@iiug.org Subject Re: informix - tool like SQL server 09/14/2005 11:25 profiler AM I-Spy comes to mind, it's web based and quite intrusive. You could also wrap a script around onstat -g sql. --- Mitja <mitja.udovc@ztm.si> wrote: > Hello! > > Does anybody know is...

RE: Connecting to new database within Informix Instance #2
Hi Howard. Can you post your sqlhosts,DBSERVERALIAS of oncofig and /etc/services ? Regards. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan . ICQ#:168106592 >From: howie_lfc@hotmail.com (howie) >Reply-To: howie_lfc@hotmail.com (howie) >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Connecting to new database within Informix Instance >Date: 17 Feb 2004 02:33:01 -0800 > >Informix 9.21.FC4 >HPUX 11.0 > >Hello all, > >DFirstly I wish to thank eveyone who helped me populate the archive >database on our Informix system. All went well over the last weekend >and we now have a live and an Archive database within the same >Informix instance. > >The problem I am now having is connecting to the new database. > >I have tried putting entries in the $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sqlhosts file and >using the DBSERVERALIAS parameter within the $INFORMIXDIR/etc/onconfig >file but all this did was prevent the Instance from coming up after a >reboot, with the following error in the online.log > >"Sun Feb 15 23:37:58 2004 > >23:37:58 Event alarms enabled. ALARMPROG = >'/home/informix/etc/log_full.sh' >23:37:58 Booting Language <c> from module <> >23:37:58 Loading Module <CNULL> >23:37:58 Booting Language <builtin> from module <> >23:37:58 Loading Module <BUILTINNULL> >23:38:09 Informix Dynamic Server 2000 Version 9.21.FC4 >23:38:...

Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database
Umesh wrote: > Hi > I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected > to the database using Visula Basic 6. > When l build a string for example > SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*' > and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine. > > When l try to load data to a table : > SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" > or > SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 > > I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. Yes, LOAD & UNLOAD are not SQL commands. They are built-in commands for tools like dbaccess, but not part of the SQL language. Cheers, -- Mark. +----------------------------------------------------------+-----------+ | Mark D. Stock mailto:mdstock@MydasSolutions.com |//////// /| | http://MydasSolutions.com |///// / //| | +-----------------------------------+//// / ///| | |We value your comments, which have |/// / ////| | |been recorded and automatically |// / /////| | |emailed back to us for our records.|/ ////////| +----------------------+-----------------------------------+-----------+ sending to informix-list ...

Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user #2
This is from the -310 SQL errror code. Only one table with a given name can exist in a single database. (In an ANSI-compliant database, the name of the user that created a table name qualifies it, so one table of a given name per user can exist.) Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't >From: anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com >Reply-To: anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user >Date: 24 Aug 2005 23:22:39 -0700 > >Thanks for the great pointers. Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie and >hopefully my questions were not too basic. I did try reading up and >googling but could not find much. I have one more question . Is it at >all possible to create two different tables with the same name in the >same database but under two different users? sending to informix-list ...

Web resources about - Re: Load testing tool for Informix #2 - comp.databases.informix

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.