From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org
[ mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org
<mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org> ]On Behalf Of Simmons, Keith
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 7:41 PM
To: informix-list@iiug.org
Subject: RE: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases

Aash

You don't tell us which version of IDS you are using, however have you
investigated RAW tables (if they are avaialable in your version). They
can be created in logged or unlogged dbs and can allow the type of
access you require. RAW tables cannot be indexed or have constraints,
but the table can be changed to STANDARD (very quickly) and then be
indexed. You will not need any intermediate files, just INSERT INTO
'raw_table' SELECT FROM 'source_table'.

Keith