Re: Open source sql client for accessing Informix database #2

works for me.....

--
Ciao,
Marco

Informix faq                     http://www.iiug.org/techinfo/faq/informix.htm
4glworks                                               http://www.4glworks.com
Informix on Linux                        http://www.4glworks.com/ifmxlinux.htm

sending to informix-list
0
Marco

Re: Open source sql client for accessing Informix database
http://www.4glworks.com/sqsl.htm mc4u wrote: > Does anyone have any recommendations or information on an open source > sql client for accessing Informix databases. I would like to use a > client similar to the one I've used in the past for accessing Oracle > databases, SQLPlus. > > -- Ciao, Marco ______________________________________________________________________________ Marco Greco /UK /IBM Standard disclaimers apply! Informix faq http://www.iiug.org/techinfo/faq/informix.htm 4glworks http://www.4glworks.com Informix on Linux http://www.4glworks.com/ifmxlinux.htm sending to informix-list Tried to email you but it bounced... Your web site gives your email address as mailto:marco@4glworks.com but this bounces! email me at david@smooth1.co.uk ...

Re: Open source sql client for accessing Informix database #3
Marco Greco said: > works for me..... > > david@smooth1.co.uk wrote: >> Tried to email you but it bounced... >> >> Your web site gives your email address as mailto:marco@4glworks.com >> >> but this bounces! >> >> email me at david@smooth1.co.uk Works for me too. Maybe you need a decent ISP, David? :op -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche A smile is a gift that is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving someone the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere. sending to informix-list ...

Open source sql client for accessing Informix database
Does anyone have any recommendations or information on an open source sql client for accessing Informix databases. I would like to use a client similar to the one I've used in the past for accessing Oracle databases, SQLPlus. mc4u wrote: > Does anyone have any recommendations or information on an open source > sql client for accessing Informix databases. I would like to use a > client similar to the one I've used in the past for accessing Oracle > databases, SQLPlus. 1. dbaccess - - 2. SQLCMD from the IIUG archives by jleffler --honza ...

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database #2
You can only revoke a privilege that exists explicitly and you are the GRANTOR, if a user's rights are part of "public" then you cannot prevent the access unless you revoke connection privileges from public Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't >From: "Gosney Simon" <GosneyS@axxia.com> >To: "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net>, <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database >user >Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:48:31 +0100 > >Jonathan... am I correct in thinking that you can't revoke rights from a >user who has those rights because they're a member of public? > >Ie, if they don't have the rights assigned with an explicit GRANT >statement, then you can't revoke their rights without revoking public's >rights and then granting permissions to all other users individually? > >Cheers > >Simon > >-----Original Message----- >From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] >On Behalf Of Jonathan Leffler >Sent: 25 August 2005 05:24 >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user > >anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com wrote: > > I had just installed Informix Advanced Server version 10.0 f...

Re: Start informix database #2
Hi.. This is an example INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$INFORMIXDIR/bin INFORMIXSERVER=coldecon_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.coldecon export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit INFORMIXSERVER=opera_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.opera export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit --- madiego <madiego@qf21.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I had an informix database in the unix server. The > server has been > restarted and now I can't start the database. > I execute 'oninit' and only can started the default...

RE: Informix database creation #2
Hi The existing chunk is already starting at offset of 500. Your new chunk should have the offset as 600501 . Regards Ravinder Bahadur _________________________________________________________________ Are you Unmarried? http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?4d Register in India's No 1 Matrimony. sending to informix-list "Ravinder Bahadur" <ravinder_b@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bgsam4$i9q$1@terabinaries.xmission.com... > > Hi > The existing chunk is already starting at offset of 500. Your new chunk > sh...

Re: Difference between Informix connect and Informix Client SDK #2
Hi Francisco. Client SDK is a developer's kit. You can create and compile program using ESQL/C (it is bundled.) Connect is a runtime of Client SDK. HTH. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan. ICQ#:168106592 >From: Francisco Roldan <froldan@5b.com.gt> >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Difference between Informix connect and Informix Client SDK >Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:18:35 -0600 > >Does Somebody would tell me the difference between >those Informix products? > >And the estimated cost of each one (for Linux) ? > >...

Re: <Another Pluh>Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #2
> <plug> > > MPE/iX Enterprise Client: > www.advnetsys.com/enterprise.html * Does not require ADO or ODBC Drivers * Uses native access for outstanding performance. * The middleware server is not just limited to Windows - runs on Unix, Linux Windows and HP e3000. * Implements database pooling on the middleware for outstanding performance. * In a addition to database XL, we have available libraries for SAP BAPI and SOAP calls. Regards, David Thatcher Advanced Network Systems, Inc. www.advnetsys.com </plug> While your product sounds interestin...

Re: Informix going open source???? #2
You have to stop thinking like that. Now drink your blue koolaide and take your seat. Rob "That's a good idea" Vorbroker --- rkusenet <rkusenet@sympatico.ca> wrote: > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1605396,00.asp > > What is preventing IBM from giving Online 5.20 as > open source. > Surely it can outsell MySQL. > > Also when the company outgrows Online 5.20, they can > migrate > to IDS, thus generating revenue for IBM. > > > ===== Rob Vorbroker Phone: 513/336-8695 Vorbro...

c++/stl to access informix database #2
os:aix database:ids9.0 c++/stl can access informix database??? ...

Re: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases #2
I think your best bet would be to use HPL to unload data from the logged db and load it into the non-logged db as long as they both have the same schema(=table definition). Regards, Uday. "Aashish Ramsinghani - ASDC, Chennai" To <Aashishsr@hcl.in informix-list@iiug.org > cc Sent by: owner-informix-li Subject st@iiug.org Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases 12/09/2005 07:01 AM Hi I am using Informix for one of my DW projects. We are loading data from the source system into the staging area both are separate Databases. Source has logging enables and staging has it disabled. The problem comes when I try to access data across both these databases. I cannot link tables between these databases because of their logging properties. So I am dumping the data into a CSV file and loading it again but for my initial load which consists of 40+ million records it is a problem. In oracle I know we can make a separate table space and dump the data there then load the table space to another database. I don't know if such a thing is possible in Informix. Any help will be appreciated. Th...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents a...

RE: How long can an Informix database name be? #2
The database name on SE is limited to 10 characters. This is an historical anomaly based on the fact that the database name was used as the directory name where that database will be stored. Directory names in early versions of unix were restricted to 14 characters, but that was including any extension, and as informix used dbname.dbs that restricted the database name to 10 characters. And beware - on some versions that ran on DOS it was further restricted to 8 characters - but that's another story. Regards Malcolm -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@...

Re: Naming Convention for Informix Database Objects #2
Obnoxio The Clown wrote: > Christopher wrote: > > >>Can anyone recommend a good naming convention for database objects in >>Informix? >> >>Generally, I use my own variation on Hungarian, but I wondered if >>there is an equivalent of the RVBA (also known as Leszynski/Reddick) >>standard among Informix developers. >> >>I would also be thrilled to find a write-up I can reuse or just plain >>plagiarize. >> >>As an aside, this is to be implemented on IDS 9.4, so long identifiers >>are not an issue....

Re: Open Database with a variable SQL statement #2
Jess: Again, I don't know how JMP is parsing function arguments and handling them once parsed. SQL and similar languages do allow substitutions of query strings (in-line views) for table references. You are attempting to do something analogous to a 'pass-thru' query in ODBC. In SAS SQL, it would read ....connect to ODBC(select * from <DSN>). Generally a keyword identifies a query and distinguishes it from a table reference. Even if the JMP function substitutes the query string for the variable name SQL (or a SAS Macro variable reference &SQL), how would it know not to tre...

Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user #2
This is from the -310 SQL errror code. Only one table with a given name can exist in a single database. (In an ANSI-compliant database, the name of the user that created a table name qualifies it, so one table of a given name per user can exist.) Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't >From: anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com >Reply-To: anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user >Date: 24 Aug 2005 23:22:39 -0700 > >Thanks for the great pointers. Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie and >hopefully my questions were not too basic. I did try reading up and >googling but could not find much. I have one more question . Is it at >all possible to create two different tables with the same name in the >same database but under two different users? sending to informix-list ...

RE: Connecting to new database within Informix Instance #2
Hi Howard. Can you post your sqlhosts,DBSERVERALIAS of oncofig and /etc/services ? Regards. -- Tsutomu Ogiwara from Tokyo Japan . ICQ#:168106592 >From: howie_lfc@hotmail.com (howie) >Reply-To: howie_lfc@hotmail.com (howie) >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: Connecting to new database within Informix Instance >Date: 17 Feb 2004 02:33:01 -0800 > >Informix 9.21.FC4 >HPUX 11.0 > >Hello all, > >DFirstly I wish to thank eveyone who helped me populate the archive >database on our Informix system. All went well over the last weeke...

Re: Relocate Informix database from Raw slices to filesystem #2
Why pay someone ??? It's a trivial task On 10/17/05, Neil Truby <neil.truby@ardenta.com> wrote: > > <mccmx@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:1129561344.240798.314750@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > Thats sounds promising. > > > > So effectively add a mirrored chunk to each dbspace using onspaces and > > then drop the original chunk. > > > > Can you do this for the rootdbs dbspace too...? > > > > Matt > > > > If it's a production system you might be better off paying someone who > knows > what they're doing to do this for you. > > -- > Neil Truby t:01932 724027 > Director m:07798 811708 > Ardenta Limited e:neil.truby@ardenta.com > > > > -- Paul Watson Tel: +44 7818 003457 Fax: +44 1436 678693 sending to informix-list ...

RE: RE: Informix and SQL Server #2
Or you create sql/program on the informix side, dump it to filesystem. Then use DTS in sqlserver to FTP the file from informix server to sqlserver server (or somewhere sqlserver can pick it up)... And either transform the data on the way in from the flat file, or load the flat file to a "work-in-progress" table in sqlserver, then DTS/massage that working table into what you need... Not exactly a straight hook, but sometimes straight isn't the cat's meow either ;) -----Original Message----- From: Jean Sagi [mailto:jeansagi@myrealbox.com] Sent: Tuesday, Feb...

Web resources about - Re: Open source sql client for accessing Informix database #2 - comp.databases.informix

Accessing the Future Fund a sensible proposal, says super expert Daryl Dixon
As portfolios go, the Future Fund's asset allocation is concentrated in higher-risk investment, including equities and alternative assets.

Accessing my Super
I'm 57 - can I access my super?

Australia, US accessing Indonesian telephone data, leaked documents show
Newly disclosed documents from former US intelligence contractor Edward Snowden have revealed that Australian intelligence efforts against Indonesia ...

Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke detained at Melbourne Airport, accuses Customs officials of accessing ...
Euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke has accused Customs officials of accessing hundreds of patients' sensitive records on his laptop after detaining ...