Re: raw devices in linux (O_DIRECT) #3

Hi Sandor:

Without the library libaio I got

08:32:46  libaio.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
08:32:46  Please install libaio package. See machine notes.
08:32:46  Warning: Kernel Asynchronous I/O is disabled.

After installing the library and leaving raw devices disabled in kernel
(default), IDS 10 uses KAIO.

[root@tina 0333]# cat /proc/sys/fs/aio-nr
32768
[root@tina ~]# onstat -g iov
IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 10.00.UC1 -- On-Line -- Up 01:21:20 --
1799820 Kbytes

AIO I/O vps:
class/vp s io/s totalops dskread dskwrite  dskcopy  wakeups  io/wup errors
   kio  0 i   0.0      119      119        0        0      275   0.4      0
   kio  1 i   0.0      195      185       10        0      502   0.4      0
   kio  2 i   0.0       40       23       17        0      170   0.2      0
   msc  0 i   0.0       13        0        0        0       14   0.9      0
   aio  0 i   0.0      161       16        8        0      161   1.0      0
   aio  1 i   0.0        2        0        0        0        3   0.7      0
   aio  2 i   0.0        0        0        0        0        1   0.0      0
   pio  0 i   0.0        1        0        0        0        2   0.5      0
   pio  1 i   0.0        0        0        0        0        1   0.0      0
   lio  0 i   0.0        0        0        0        0        1   0.0      0

There is no more information on release notes but machine notes mention
the support of KAIO in kernel 2.6 but BOT the automagically activation.

Thanks

Sandor Szabo escribi�:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> I have some information regarding the O_DIRECT flag.
>
> IDS V10  detects automatically that it runs on Linux Kernel 2.6 and if KAIO
> is enabled then it  turns on the O_DIRECT flag!
>
> To enable KAIO:
>
> The libaio.so library is required, regardless of the distribution
> or kernel level. At the time of writing, IBM Informix Dynamic Server V10.0
> requires a minimum of libaio 0.3.96-3.
>
> Please also read the release notes for more information!
> bye
> Sandor
>
> IBM Informix Development Munich
> Information Management
> Hollerithstra�e 1
> 81829 Munich  Germany

sending to informix-list
0
Fernando

Re: raw devices in linux (O_DIRECT)
Hi, On Thursday 03 March 2005 18:45, you wrote: > Hi, > > I just installed IDS 10 on linux and this is what I have found: > > - It required glibc 2.3.3 and I was using and old redhat 8, so I upgraded > linux to Fedora Core 3. Dependency fixed > > - Required libstdc++.so.5, FC3 includes libstdc++.6[.0.3] so make a > symbolic link (yes I should downgrade but like with curses4 works fine) Fedora Core 3 delivers compat-libstdc++-8-3.3.4.2.i386.rpm which include the right link to libstdc++.so.5. If you install the package you can resolve the dependency clean. Andreas > > - I can't use raw devices with FC3! it's depretacted, the new way is > using the O_DIRECT flag when opening the chunks, of course in a > close-source program like IDS the only hope is to open a feature request. > > + RHEL 4 has this deprecated options enabled so I don't think IBM > will be interested in this solution. > > + The advantage of O_DIRECT is you dont need to make the association > with the /dev/raw devices and rawio will be always in effect, also KAIO is > enabled by default with rawdevices. > > + The workaround is make a new linux-util and kernel package with raw > enabled. > > I'll make my custom kernel and try. > sending to informix-list sending to informix-list ...

Re: raw devices in linux (O_DIRECT) #6
Martin Fuerderer escribi�: > Hi, > > in your Machine Specific Notes you should see something like this: > > ------------------------------------------------------- > 3. Kernel Asynchronous I/O (KAIO) > > Asynchronous I/O is supported by the official Linux kernel since > version > 2.6.x. IBM Informix Dynamic Server supports Kernel Asynchronous I/O > (KAIO) > on character devices (a.k.a. raw devices) and block devices. It is ^^^^ > enabled > by default, and can be disabled by setting the environment variable > KAIOOFF=1 in the environment of the process that brings up the server. > > ... > > Note that the libaio.so library is required, regardless of the > distribution > or kernel level. At the time of writing, IBM Informix Dynamic Server > requires a minimum of libaio 0.3.96-3. > ------------------------------------------------------- > > Where the last paragraph is exactly what Sandor has pasted into the > e-mail before. > > Which information do you think is missing ? Can you be more specific ? > I's been using IDS on linux for years and always need to link the disk partitions (block devices) to raw devices (/dev/raw) to optimize I/O. It wasn't clear to me, that I don't need any longer to use /dev/raw, and can just use the block device....

Re: raw devices in linux (O_DIRECT) #2
Hi Fernando, I have some information regarding the O_DIRECT flag. IDS V10 detects automatically that it runs on Linux Kernel 2.6 and if KAIO is enabled then it turns on the O_DIRECT flag! To enable KAIO: The libaio.so library is required, regardless of the distribution or kernel level. At the time of writing, IBM Informix Dynamic Server V10.0 requires a minimum of libaio 0.3.96-3. Please also read the release notes for more information! bye Sandor IBM Informix Development Munich Information Management Hollerithstra�e 1 81829 Munich Germany Fernando Ortiz <fortiz@lacorona. com.mx> To Sent by: "Informix-Discussion E-List owner-informix-li (E-mail)" <informix-list@iiug.org> st@iiug.org cc Subject 03.03.2005 18:45 raw devices in linux (O_DIRECT) ...

Re: raw devices in linux (O_DIRECT) #5
Hi, in your Machine Specific Notes you should see something like this: ------------------------------------------------------- 3. Kernel Asynchronous I/O (KAIO) Asynchronous I/O is supported by the official Linux kernel since version 2.6.x. IBM Informix Dynamic Server supports Kernel Asynchronous I/O (KAIO) on character devices (a.k.a. raw devices) and block devices. It is enabled by default, and can be disabled by setting the environment variable KAIOOFF=1 in the environment of the process that brings up the server. ... Note that the libaio.so library is required, regardless of the distribution or kernel level. At the time of writing, IBM Informix Dynamic Server requires a minimum of libaio 0.3.96-3. ------------------------------------------------------- Where the last paragraph is exactly what Sandor has pasted into the e-mail before. Which information do you think is missing ? Can you be more specific ? Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 04.03.2005 16:22:59: > Hi Sandor: > > Without the library libaio I got > > 08:32:46 libaio.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or > directory > 08:32:46 Please install libaio package. See machine notes. > 08:32:46 Warning: Kernel Asynchronous I/O is disabled. > > After installing the libr...

Re: raw devices in linux (O_DIRECT) #4
Hi Andreas, Andreas Breitfeld escribi�: > Hi, > > On Thursday 03 March 2005 18:45, you wrote: > >>Hi, >> >>I just installed IDS 10 on linux and this is what I have found: >> >>- Required libstdc++.so.5, FC3 includes libstdc++.6[.0.3] so make a >>symbolic link (yes I should downgrade but like with curses4 works fine) > > Fedora Core 3 delivers compat-libstdc++-8-3.3.4.2.i386.rpm which include the > right link to libstdc++.so.5. If you install the package you can resolve the > dependency clean. > > Andreas > With this package works perfectly Thanks sending to informix-list ...

Re: Relocate Informix database from Raw slices to filesystem #3
If the device is 'not going to exist anymore' why not dd the data from the old slice to the internal disk and then just link the 'not going to exist anymore device' to the new location On 10/17/05, Fernando Nunes <spam@domus.online.pt> wrote: > > Clive Eisen wrote: > > mccmx@hotmail.com wrote: > > > >> > >> I don't neccesarily need to move them off raw slices, but I do need to > >> move them to different slices. This is because I am moving the > >> database from SAN storage to internal disks... So ultimately > >> /dev/rdsk/c1d6d0s4 (and s5 and s6) wont exist anymore. > >> > >> So I need a way of relocating the data to a new slice or a filesystem > >> file. I suspect the process will be t > >> > > You can, in an unsupported environment, binary edit the rootdbs > > as the path to the other chunks is held there > > But the new paths would need to have the same length... > That's why you should never use physical names. Always use symbolic > links to the real devices... > > In this circunstances I don't see how an unload/reload can be avoided... > > > Regards. > > > -- Paul Watson Tel: +44 7818 003457 Fax: +44 1436 678693 sending to informix-list Paul Watson wrote: > If the device is 'not going to exist anymore' why not dd the data from the ...

Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux #3
Thanks a lot ! My problem was the fact that I tried to restore on a Linux machine a backup made on a UNIX machine. The INFORMIX server version was the same. The problem was the OS, in fact. Backup with ontape is recommended only when the restore is made on the same machine. Carmen ----- Original Message ----- From: "S.Dhayanidhi" <sdhaya@hotmail.com> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 6:35 AM Subject: Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux > Here is my cute little code.. for u...

raw devices in linux (O_DIRECT)
Hi, I just installed IDS 10 on linux and this is what I have found: - It required glibc 2.3.3 and I was using and old redhat 8, so I upgraded linux to Fedora Core 3. Dependency fixed - Required libstdc++.so.5, FC3 includes libstdc++.6[.0.3] so make a symbolic link (yes I should downgrade but like with curses4 works fine) - I can't use raw devices with FC3! it's depretacted, the new way is using the O_DIRECT flag when opening the chunks, of course in a close-source program like IDS the only hope is to open a feature request. + RHEL 4 has this deprecated options enabled so I don't think IBM will be interested in this solution. + The advantage of O_DIRECT is you dont need to make the association with the /dev/raw devices and rawio will be always in effect, also KAIO is enabled by default with rawdevices. + The workaround is make a new linux-util and kernel package with raw enabled. I'll make my custom kernel and try. sending to informix-list ...

RE: Mirror / Raw device / Informix
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C6153D.0A4774A2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Muthana- In order to use redundant drives on your server: in your onconfig file, change MIRROR 0 to MIRROR 1, then bounce your database. You may then use onspaces -m to mirror your dbspaces. Read the manual first. For replication across servers, Informix has built in high availability data replication (master - slave only) and enterprise replication (can be configured in many different ways). Both are free in enterprise edition. High availability requires an additional license for workgroup edition. Enterprise replication is not allowed in workgroup edition. For documentation, see: http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/pubs/library =20 --EEM =20 -----Original Message----- From: Muthana.AL-Temimi@tu-harburg.hamburg.de [mailto:Muthana.AL-Temimi@tu-harburg.hamburg.de]=20 Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 10:06 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Cc: m.al@tuhh.de Subject: Mirror / Raw device / Informix =20 Dear IIUG, =20 I would like to ask if I can do a mirror of my database which is installed on raw device into the 2 server by using mirror technology. I heart that this solution won't work with Informix but I'm not sure therefore I asked the questi...

Re: Informix database creation #3
Seweryn: When you run "onstat -d" - it gives size in terms of blocks (pagesize). It can be 2K or 4 K depending upon OS. You can find out the page size using "onstat -b | grep 'buffer' | awk '{print $10}' " - this will return page size in BYTES . When you create the dbspace using onspaces - you need to mention the size of the dbspace interms of "KBytes" example: In your OS, if you have Page size 2K - then you need to start the offset from 1200000, you can go only upto 800000 KB size of dbspace due to 2GB size limitation. try thi...

Re: Raw or Buffered device? #3
> IT IS PERFECTLY SAFE to just bring the engine down, > > remove the symbolic link to /dev/dbroot and replace it with an identically > > named symbolic link to /dev/rdbroot! > > This how ever I do not agree with. Changing the symbolic link will > result in error : > > Cannot open chunk '/opt/DBA/Informix/Links/730/risdi08/primary/root'. > errno = 19 > oninit: Fatal error in shared memory initialization > Ok, can you confirm what is in your onconfig. I have just tried this on a test system to be sure: 1) Created a symlink from ...

Re: Raw devices vs. Filesystems #3
On Wednesday, April 07, 2004 1:26 AM Tom Lane wrote: > > But to get back to the point of this discussion: to allow PG > to use raw devices instead of filesystems, we'd first have to do a ton of > portability work .... [The following is said in a low, tentative voice :) ] I wonder if writing the postgresql data structures as HDF5 data structures (http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/whatishdf5.html) within a single HDF5 file (perhaps the WAL files would still reside elsewhere) would improve performance while allowing HDF5 to handle portability, and other useful features, is ...

RE: The old raw devices chestnut. #3
Andrew, The question is not UNIX partition header itself, the question is how Oracle places data with respect to the beginning if the raw device. With Informix, You specify manually the 'device offset' with '-o' 'Onspaces' flag. Oracle makes this offset automatically for You if You place Your data on raw device; it doesn't make this offset if You place You data onto a cooked file. As a result, You might get into trouble if You try to move Oracle data (or restore from backup, which is almost the same with Oracle) from cooked file onto raw devices....

RE: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases #3
Hi Simmon and Superboer thanks you for your suggestions. I tried out the RAW table and it works like a charm, it was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot. Regards, Aash -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [ mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org <mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org> ]On Behalf Of Simmons, Keith Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 7:41 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: RE: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases Aash You don't tell us which version of IDS you are using, however have you investigated RAW tables (if they are avaialable in your version). They can be created in logged or unlogged dbs and can allow the type of access you require. RAW tables cannot be indexed or have constraints, but the table can be changed to STANDARD (very quickly) and then be indexed. You will not need any intermediate files, just INSERT INTO 'raw_table' SELECT FROM 'source_table'. Keith -----Original Message----- From: Aashish Ramsinghani - ASDC, Chennai [ mailto:Aashishsr@hcl.in <mailto:Aashishsr@hcl.in> ] Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 13:01 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases Hi I am using Informix for one of my DW projects. We are loading data from the source system into the staging area both are separate Databases. Source has logging enables and staging has it disabled. The prob...

Re: Informix and Linux opinions/who is running production #3
Andrew Hamm wrote: > > Mario Canto wrote: > > And... are there any linux-informix shop runing 4GL RDS applications > > on linux? Which informix versions, which linux platform? > > It seems to me that the answer to this question is NULL. (I hope I am > > wrong) > > ummmmmm - no! All of ours are running FourJs BDL now. Are u having problems > with RDS? Yes. "Segmentation fault" of fglgo, on a ten years running simple query-report program (only when the output is to screen). In the same session (same environment variables, dat...

RE: raw vs. cooked files under linux #3
We're about to setup a new client on IDS 10 on Linux and I've now seen two recommendations for SUSE in relation to IDS 10. Does anyone have experience with Redhat Enterprise Edition and IDS 10? Any issues there that we should be aware of? Bill Weaver Director of Engineering Amicus, Inc. 512-531-3463 (office) 512-531-3401 (fax) -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Sandor Szabo Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 6:31 AM To: Heinz Weitkamp Cc: user-group Informix (E-Mail); owner-informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: raw vs. cooked files under linux Dear Heinz, I would suggest that you pick SUSE SLES 9 This SUSE version works perfectly with IDS 10. Please check the following link: http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/linux/ids.html With IDS 10 you have the freedom of choice to use cooked or raw devices with KAIO This link should answer your raw device support question http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0503szabo/? ca=dgr-lnxw41IDSTen Let me know if you have any additional questions. bye Sandor IBM Informix Development Munich Information Management Hollerithstra�e 1 81829 Munich Germany Phone: +49 89 4504 1429 "Heinz Weitkamp" <heinz.wei...

RE: Relocate Informix database from Raw slices to filesystem
In the past we have used Informix's internal mirroring capabilities to move to new disk arrays. This should also work to move from raw to cooked disks. -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]On Behalf Of mccmx@hotmail.com Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 9:26 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Relocate Informix database from Raw slices to filesystem Is there any way I can relocate my IDS 7.31 database from its raw slices to the local filesystem...? I can 'dd' the slices to files easily, but I need a way of telling Informix the new location of the chunks. This seems straigtforward for the rootdbs (which is defined in onconfig), but what about the other chunks..? I want to avoid unloading and reloading the data. All I want to do is move the physical chunks.. onstat -d: Informix Dynamic Server Version 7.31.UC5 -- On-Line -- Up 2 days 14:38:28 -- 40768 Kbytes Dbspaces address number flags fchunk nchunks flags owner name c04a150 1 1 1 1 N informix rootdbs c04a618 2 1 2 1 N informix logicdbs c04a6d8 3 1 3 1 N informix procdbs 3 active, 2047 maximum Chunks address chk/dbs offset size free bpages flags pathname c04a210 1 1 50 400000 278361 PO- /dev/rdsk/c1t6d0s4 c04a458 2 2 50 200000 134867 P...

RE: Naming Convention for Informix Database Objects #3
I think you seem a tad upset there. Maybe because someone got the better of the clown? -----Original Message----- From: Obnoxio The Clown [SMTP:obnoxio@hotmail.com] Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 12:57 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: RE: Naming Convention for Informix Database Objects Dusty Haas wrote: > Shouldn't indices be - this_is_an_index_called_ instead of a_index_? > > Just a curious thought You're quite right to do that nit pick and I do feel just like a right dick your razor sharp eyes affirm the surmise "to cut and paste is la...

Re: Relocate Informix database from Raw slices to filesystem #4
True there are issues but it's a easy solution to the problem, gets round the 'can not rename chunks' issue, no need to hassle about mirroring etc But the original post said going to internal disks so there will not be a name clash. On 10/17/05, Paul Watson <pwatson@irace.com> wrote: > > On 17 Oct 2005 15:26:36 -0700, david@smooth1.co.uk <david@smooth1.co.uk> > wrote: > > > > > > Paul Watson wrote: > > > If the device is 'not going to exist anymore' why not dd the data from > > the > > > old slice to the internal disk and then > > > just link the 'not going to exist anymore device' to the new location > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm guess this a Solaris platform..and then someone runs devfsadm that > > rebuilds /dev and removes your links! > > > > Or someone adds a new device and Solaris wants to use that name! > > > > Bad idea to store stuff under /dev. That directory is for the OS > > to control not you. > > > > If you are running on IDS 9.40 or IDS 10 then ontape has the ability to > > rename chunks during a restore. > > > > http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0405fan/ > > > > > > > > > -- > Paul Watson > Tel: +44 7818 003457 > Fax: +44 1436 678693 > ...

RE: [SPAM] Re: Informix for linux
Because the IIUG server was out due to power from the hurricane that hit the East Coast of the United States The IIUG server is now back up and running At 09:16 PM 5/27/2003 -0400, Rob Vorbroker wrote: >ikke - I'm cc'ing this to the webmaster@iiug.org. >His name is Stuart Litel and once you know him...well. > >Perhaps he can figure out why you haven't recieved a >confirmation email in 3 days. Please remember that >everyone who is on the IIUG BoD or other committees >are volunteers. (: Kinda like IBM/Informix Marketing >I guess. LOL...

Re: Re: Informix in the press... #3
> ... > Would have been a great thing. > ... I hope it will be, some day ... J. -----Original Message----- From: "mark.scranton@gmail.com" <mark.scranton@gmail.com> To: informix-list@iiug.org Date: 28 Aug 2006 16:14:38 -0700 Subject: Re: Informix in the press... All - I was involved in the discussion about the "free version of IDS for the development community...." (Mar 2006 timeframe). It got axed due to a potential small loss of potential revenue. My response to the attendees was simple....I said "...we could can generate 100 times the revenue you are concerned about losing if we would quit saying the DB2 is better than XPS!". Some of the crowd wasn't amused, some I know agreed with me. Regardless, it did not change the plan NOT to offer a free version of IDS in the hopes of stimulating the developer community. My comments got misconstrued and changed "dramatically" by someone eavesdropping on the call (and a a few of us are very aware of who that was), and by the time they got "up the ladder", all kinds of interesting things were being said. So I was again disappointing at the nixing of a potential great marketing tool AND the chance to get IDS spread into the developer community. Would have been a great thing. Thanks - Mark. Hamilton, Jerry wrote: > I dunno, I think I like JPeG. > > -----Original Message----- > From: informix-list-bounces@...

RE: Relocate Informix database from Raw slices to filesystem #5
-----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]On Behalf Of mccmx@hotmail.com Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:59 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: Relocate Informix database from Raw slices to filesystem Funnily enough, your idea to create a soft link in /dev from the old device to the new device/location is exactly what I was planning to do if I couldn't find a 'better' solution. Based on this thread, I may well have to go down that route... My Informix knowledge is very limited....!?! What I will probably do is: 1. create the soft link from /dev to get informix up and running on a different machine. 2. On this new machine: Add a mirror chunk to each dbspace and drop the original mirror to effectively relocate the databse to the filesystem. If I have no joy with step 2, I will run with the soft link from /dev. This will have to be documented well so that if someone destroys /dev (through devfsadm or similar) then the links can be recreated easily. Its not ideal but its preferable to unloading and reloading the whole database, which has its own risks. Thanks for the advice.. Matt onbar has a -rename option... sending to informix-list ...

Re: Relocate Informix database from Raw slices to filesystem #2
Why pay someone ??? It's a trivial task On 10/17/05, Neil Truby <neil.truby@ardenta.com> wrote: > > <mccmx@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:1129561344.240798.314750@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > Thats sounds promising. > > > > So effectively add a mirrored chunk to each dbspace using onspaces and > > then drop the original chunk. > > > > Can you do this for the rootdbs dbspace too...? > > > > Matt > > > > If it's a production system you might be better off paying someone who > knows > what they're doing to do this for you. > > -- > Neil Truby t:01932 724027 > Director m:07798 811708 > Ardenta Limited e:neil.truby@ardenta.com > > > > -- Paul Watson Tel: +44 7818 003457 Fax: +44 1436 678693 sending to informix-list ...

Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user #3
I think so... J. anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com escribis: > Thanks for the great pointers. Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie and > hopefully my questions were not too basic. I did try reading up and > googling but could not find much. I have one more question . Is it at > all possible to create two different tables with the same name in the > same database but under two different users? sending to informix-list definately! It can be done for temp tables ...

Web resources about - Re: raw devices in linux (O_DIRECT) #3 - comp.databases.informix

Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Dan Rosenberg @ djrbliss ...

ext4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and proposed to fork the source code of ext3, rename it as ext4, and do all the development there, without affecting the current ext3 users. ...

on io scheduling again
Most of database engines have to deal with underlying layers - operating systems, device drivers, firmware and physical devices, albeit different ...

An ode to running a database on bare metal
... the things they recommended, which we implemented: set vm.swappiness kernel setting to 0 in /etc/sysctl.conf set InnoDB flush method to O_DIRECT ...

Subtly Bad Things Linux May Be Doing To PostgreSQL
In addition to talking about PostgreSQL at LSF/MM and Collab , I also learned a few things about the Linux kernel that I had not known before, ...

FastVPS Eesti OU · GitHub
Build software better, together.

Lucene and fadvise/madvise
While indexing, Lucene periodically merges multiple segments in the index into a single larger segment. This keeps the number of segments relatively ...

Disaster: MySQL 5.5 Flushing
We raised topic of problems with flushing in InnoDB several times, some links: InnoDB Flushing theory and solutions MySQL 5.5.8 in search of ...

Wim Coekaerts Blog
Blogs.Oracle.Com - Wim Coekaerts Blog