Re: Re: I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix #2

If you download the V4.2 you will see an  example of what you want in the demo program.

https://www.querix.com/cgi-bin/refreshprog?login

On 21 Sep 2005 at 12:57, Jean Sagi wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> Very interesting indeed.
>
> I would be more intertested in option 1) you give. I need to have MS Word in orther to view the document, isn't it?

sending to informix-list
0
mehdi2
9/22/2005 8:16:34 AM
comp.databases.informix 16081 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Re: Re: I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix
Thanks, Very interesting indeed. I would be more intertested in option 1) you give. I need to have MS Word in orther to view the document, isn't it? J -----Original Message----- From: mehdi2@querix.com To: Jean Sagi <jeansagi@myrealbox.com>, informix-list@iiug.org, calyanram@hotmail.com Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:25:20 +0100 Subject: Re: I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl Hi Jean, Lets look at the following scenarios, 1) You have a BLOB / CLOB file (which may be anything including a ..doc file) in the database. You can display and edit it as you will with any other data when you are using Querix, so if the file is sent to an Input field for update this is exactly what you can do with it. 2) You have a document file stored some wher on a network, you are only keeping the information about the place wher it is stored and you only display the link in field. Here again you can open the file and if the file is not a read only you can edit it. All you need is to clik on the link. 3) You have some information on the database you want to send to a pre formated document such as word or excel. With Querix is simple. 4) Finally any of your field can also be a web browser, suppose you had your customer web site details , you can open their website directly in an emmbedded browser, and navigate all the links inside it, including any files which my be linked in the pages. I believe that ...

Re: I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl #2
Hi Trish; Compile your 4GL programs using Querix Hydra Compiler, you will get many facilities including opening any BLOB/CLOB files in an editor be it on the Windows machine or on UNIX. This includes any word / excel/ gif etc. more information and free down loads: http://www.querix.com/ On 19 Sep 2005 at 3:26, calyanram@hotmail.com wrote: > I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl? > is it possible if possible how to do ? > > we are using informix Standard Engine and Sco Unix. > > regards > Trisha sending to informix-list ...

RE: I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl
Hi, It's possible to do this, but will depend on the terminal emulator you're running. We do it here running Vandyke's CRT. The file is FTP'd to a server that windows can see by the 4gl, and the app, in this case ms word, is invoked using and escape sequence. CRT then runs word on the PC running the emulator, with the ftp'd filename given as a parameter. Hope this make sense? -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]On Behalf Of calyanram@hotmail.com Sent: 19 September 2005 11:27 To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl? is it possible if possible how to do ? we are using informix Standard Engine and Sco Unix. regards Trisha -------------------------------------------------------- Eurolife Assurance Group Limited, Eurolife House, 16 St John Street, London, EC1M 4NT Tel: 020-7454 1151 Fax: 020-7454 1277 www.eurolife.co.uk Registered in England, number 2471313 This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this...

Re: I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl #3
Are you sayig a word document? J. calyanram@hotmail.com escribis: > I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl? > is it possible if possible how to do ? > > we are using informix Standard Engine and Sco Unix. > > regards > Trisha sending to informix-list ...

Re: I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl #5
[...]

Re: I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl #4
Interesting, You mean querix has a facility on its own to display word files... some kind of viewer or you mean the ability to invoke word to display the desired document given that the document is in word format saved ib a blob column in the database? J. mehdi2@querix.com escribis: > Hi Trish; > > Compile your 4GL programs using Querix Hydra Compiler, you will get > many facilities including opening any BLOB/CLOB files in an editor be > it on the Windows machine or on UNIX. This includes any word / > excel/ gif etc. > > more information and free down loads: > > http://www.querix.com/ > > > > On 19 Sep 2005 at 3:26, calyanram@hotmail.com wrote: > > >>I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl? >>is it possible if possible how to do ? >> >>we are using informix Standard Engine and Sco Unix. >> >>regards >>Trisha > > sending to informix-list sending to informix-list ...

I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl
I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl? is it possible if possible how to do ? we are using informix Standard Engine and Sco Unix. regards Trisha calyanram@hotmail.com wrote: > I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl? > is it possible if possible how to do ? > > we are using informix Standard Engine and Sco Unix. > > regards > Trisha > You will have to cheat a little... Using VisionFS create shared directories on SCO box that will be visible to Windows PCs. The file will really be on Unix, so it will be easy to access from your 4GL. On Linux use Samba to achieve the same result. HTH Michael Or run NFS on the PC: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prci_unx_ooex.asp -- Regards, Doug Lawry www.douglawry.webhop.org "Michael Krzepkowski" <mkrzepkowski@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8oJXe.525272$s54.62511@pd7tw2no... > calyanram@hotmail.com wrote: >> I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix 4gl? >> is it possible if possible how to do ? >> >> we are using informix Standard Engine and Sco Unix. >> >> regards Trisha >> > You will have to cheat a little... > > Using VisionFS create shared directories on SCO box > that will be visible to Windows PCs. > > The file will really be on Unix, so it will be easy to acce...

Re: Re: Informix limitations, should we be using Oracle? #2
Hey, hey, hey!! It works... ! Now there is something new I know... Chucho -----Original Message----- From: "Brian Foster" <bc_foster@hotmail.com> To: informix-list@iiug.org Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:16:13 -0500 Subject: Re: Informix limitations, should we be using Oracle? you can select null, you just need to give your column a datatype. i.e. select null::integer from sometable; -Brian select case when 1=2 then 1 else null end::integer null_value from table(set{1}) Jean Sagi wrote in message ... > >I read all you post and it was ver...

RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database #2
You can only revoke a privilege that exists explicitly and you are the GRANTOR, if a user's rights are part of "public" then you cannot prevent the access unless you revoke connection privileges from public Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't >From: "Gosney Simon" <GosneyS@axxia.com> >To: "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net>, <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database >user >Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:48:31 +0100 > >Jonathan... am I correct in thinking that you can't revoke rights from a >user who has those rights because they're a member of public? > >Ie, if they don't have the rights assigned with an explicit GRANT >statement, then you can't revoke their rights without revoking public's >rights and then granting permissions to all other users individually? > >Cheers > >Simon > >-----Original Message----- >From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] >On Behalf Of Jonathan Leffler >Sent: 25 August 2005 05:24 >To: informix-list@iiug.org >Subject: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database user > >anupam.mukherjee@gmail.com wrote: > > I had just installed Informix Advanced Server version 10.0 f...

Re: Re: Informix in the press... #2
YES! YES!, I'm with you !! Free IDS 10 express download without bombs !!. This allowed me to study, learn and program for IDS. J. -----Original Message----- From: "Roy Mercer" <roy.mercer@gmail.com> To: informix-list@iiug.org Date: 18 Aug 2006 08:51:47 -0700 Subject: Re: Informix in the press... Are you kidding me! http://www.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/db2express/ DUH! It's free to download and run in production! This was my complaint at the Tampa conference, why does IBM let you download and run DB2 in production but not IDS! IDS Express needs to be offered as a free download just like DB2 express. You work for IBM? WTF! Christine Normile wrote: > The version of IDS v10 without the timeout was made available to the > IIUG exclusively for IIUG members to download. IBM requires that > individuals register when they want to download a product. Stuart > Litel has refused to make the non-timelimited code available because > of this IBM restriction (even though IBM was willing to provide the > hosting service.) > > It's interesting that you say you have trial code for DB2 that is non- > limited. Could you please provide the link where you obtained it? > > On Aug 18, 2006, at 5:25 AM, Double Echo wrote: > > > eric@herber-consulting.de wrote: > >> Sometimes wonders take a little bit longer: > >> > >> http://ww...

Re: Open source sql client for accessing Informix database #2
works for me..... david@smooth1.co.uk wrote: > Tried to email you but it bounced... > > Your web site gives your email address as mailto:marco@4glworks.com > > but this bounces! > > email me at david@smooth1.co.uk > > -- Ciao, Marco ______________________________________________________________________________ Marco Greco /UK /IBM Standard disclaimers apply! Informix faq http://www.iiug.org/techinfo/faq/informix.htm 4glworks http://www.4glworks.com ...

RE: Change database mode online using onmode in Informix #2
onmode -m takes the database server from quiescent or single-user mode to online mode. To bring the server from off-line to on-line, you should just use the oninit command. You could use the oninit -s to initialise shared memory and bring the server to single-user mode and then use onmode -m to bring it to multi-user mode. By the way, you should not use onmode -ky to shut down the server unless you are in quiescent mode. This will not perform a checkpoint and can, in some situations, lead to data loss or corruption. I recommend shutting down with onmode -yuk. This brings the database server to quiescent mode without waiting for users to finish their sessions. Their current transactions are rolled back, and their sessions are terminated. A checkpoint is completed and then database server goes to offline mode and database server shared memory is removed. The order of parameters is unimportant, but I use "onmode -yuk" because of the mnemonic value, at least for English speakers; say it out loud with me: "onmode -yuk (yuck) can avoid a big mess." I know its silly, but it sticks in the head. Check the IBM Informix Dynamic Server Administrator's Reference: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/html/25122680/25122680tfrm.htm Sincerely, Christopher Coleman Steering Committee President Kansas City Informix Users Group www.iiug.org/kciug Database Analyst Pharmacy Division Mediware Information Systems, Inc. -----Original ...

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31 #2
Hi, ontape (in older versions) has a limitation of 2 GB only if TAPEDEV is a file in the file system. If TAPEDEV is an actual tape device, then this restriction does not apply. Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 16.09.2005 17:11:49: > Are your databases isolated within their own dbspaces? Recovery is > done at an instance level, so you can "warm" restore dbspaces, but > you'll have to make them current with the instance through logical > recovery. > > If you need to recover a single database (selective recovery), you may > need to restore to another (temporary) instance, export the database, > then import it back to the primary instance. > > There's no problem with databases over 2GB. Ontape has a maximum > TAPESIZE of 2gb -- but there's nothing stopping you from spanning > multiple tapes (or files on a file system; but that requires some > manual intervention). sending to informix-list ...

RE : RE: Re: Test if a file is open
Thanck you so much. St�phane. -----Message d'origine----- De : Richard A. DeVenezia [mailto:radevenz@ix.netcom.com] Envoy� : mercredi 4 mai 2005 17:28 � : datametric@club-internet.fr; SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Objet : Re: RE: Re: Test if a file is open datametric@club-internet.fr wrote: > Shall I understand that a renaming test is the only solution ? St�phane: No I think that is not the only solution. This sample creates an xls, opens it and then checks if SAS can open it. --------------------- %let xlsfile = %sysfunc(pathname(WORK))\Sample.xls; filename myXls "&xlsfile&...

RE: RE: Informix and SQL Server #2
Or you create sql/program on the informix side, dump it to filesystem. Then use DTS in sqlserver to FTP the file from informix server to sqlserver server (or somewhere sqlserver can pick it up)... And either transform the data on the way in from the flat file, or load the flat file to a "work-in-progress" table in sqlserver, then DTS/massage that working table into what you need... Not exactly a straight hook, but sometimes straight isn't the cat's meow either ;) -----Original Message----- From: Jean Sagi [mailto:jeansagi@myrealbox.com] Sent: Tuesday, Feb...

Re: Re: Informix limitations, should we be using Oracle?
For me too.. ;) but: select null from systables; gives: 201: A syntax error has occurred. I have : Informix Dynamic Server Version 9.30.HC2W8 HP-UX B.11.00 U 9000/856 I could bet the same hapen in 9.4 BTW: select getnull() from systables; Works... ugly but it works... (it's a stored procedure)... and I can live with it. Chucho! -----Original Message----- From: Paul Watson <paul@oninit.com> To: informix-list@iiug.org Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:36:32 +0000 Subject: Re: Informix limitations, should we be using Oracle? What wrong wit...

Re: Re: Migrate from Informix to Mysql #2
Man, then you are out of luck by yourself. You need to consider: Have to pay: - 4js - Queryx Free: - Aubit 4gl (I didn't remember if it supports Mousql). J. -----Original Message----- From: "Cyrille" <cyrshot@aol.com> To: informix-list@iiug.org Date: 16 Jun 2005 06:20:40 -0700 Subject: Re: Migrate from Informix to Mysql Thank you very much for your answer. But my principal problem is not really here. Sorry, I haven't say all. We have an application which manage this database. This application is written in Informix 4GL, and Centura. Con...

Re: Re: Migrating Informix to PostgreSQL #2
;) ;) -----Original Message----- From: "My Name Is Bruce and I'm A Sock Puppet" <godzone@downundah.com> To: informix-list@iiug.org Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:54:28 +0100 Subject: Re: Migrating Informix to PostgreSQL Victor Dario Martinez wrote: > > Hi !. I need info about cases or tools of migrating Infomix to PostgreSQL. > > Any info will very very important . > > Thanks !! http://dir.yahoo.com/Regional/Countries/Argentina/Business_and_Economy Shopping_and_Services/Employment/ -- Strewth! Stick a sock in it, Sheila! Jea...

RE: re[2]: Informix to Oracle Migration
sorry - not for odbc yet,we're getting 1.0 out first. Once that�s done an esql compiler (probably based on ecpg [the postgres esqlc compiler which we've helped become informix compatible already ]) will be on our todo list.... However - I was just answering the original question.... Perhaps you could help him with his licensing issues ;-) (I doubt he'll have any with aubit4gl!) -----Original Message----- From: "Hubert Hoelzl"<h.hoelzl@querix.com> Has Aubit now got an Esql/C compiler ? >If anybody has any info about...

Re: Re
Data Goob said: > 14 hours? 3 hours? > > I can achieve better without the CopperEye. > > ;-) > > Even on one server, and better yet, I know we did this test > on a single 1-cpu box and did our largest load in 39 minutes. Yeah, well, it's pretty specious without a like-for-like comparison. When I was running RBW on my home PC, I could load 122M records (and index them) in about 2 hours. I'm running an Athlon 1.3GHz thing that I cobbled together myself (512MB RAM, single IDE drive). How does that compare to yours? -- Bye now, Obnoxio &...

Re: Re: Informix in the news! Part Deux... #2
I wonder if someone at IBM-Informix have had this thoughts... at least. It would be awesome if it happen, but even now I don't see it how. Maybe IDS will need to come to a point like derby for this to happen, whichever what it was. Maybe IDS will need to come to a point like derby for this to happen, whichever the reasons had been. -----Original Message----- From: Double Echo <doubleecho@your.com> To: informix-list@iiug.org Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:15:07 -0500 Subject: Re: Informix in the news! Part Deux... Christine Normile wrote: > We cannot guarantee what other vendors will do. However, we are closely > engaged with the vendors mentioned below as well as many others. While we > continue to work with these vendors to ensure support of IDS, we need our > install base to influence the other vendors they purchase from just as you > have influenced IBM. Oracle is currently working on certifying IDS v9.40 > with PeopleSoft and we are asking for certification on v10.0. Baan is in > the process of certifying v10.0 and we are currently working on a strategic > initiative with Baan. We continue to work with SAP and will keep you > posted on changes. > > Users communicating with their vendors has the most significant impact on > vendor behavior. I would like to thank each and every customer and > business partner that helped to change IBM's strategy with Informix and I > would ask tha...

Re: Re: Why there is no controlfile in Informix like Oracle ? #2
I'll bet Informix tool get revamped... (or DB2 ones...?) Chucho! -----Original Message----- From: "Neil Truby" <neil.truby@ardenta.com> To: informix-list@iiug.org Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 00:17:39 +0100 Subject: Re: Why there is no controlfile in Informix like Oracle ? "Marco Greco" <marco@4glworks.com> wrote in message news:ch6rjd$feq$1@news.xmission.com... > > Not to blow my own trumpet, but if you want a dbaccess like tool with cursor > control, placeholders, variables, hashes, control statements, input and output > st...

Re: Save and Re-Use a File Equation #2
Yes, Reid. I'd appreciate seeing an example. ________________________________ From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion on behalf of Reid Baxter Sent: Mon 4/4/2005 10:12 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] Save and Re-Use a File Equation Jay, Alrightie then. In the first example there was no, "file APPRINT=3D". = So, APPRINT is being redirected each time. So, perhaps with a "listeq" redirected to a message file searching for APPRINT and delineating the various portions of the file equate and loading a variable with the = portion immedia...

Re: Start informix database #2
Hi.. This is an example INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$INFORMIXDIR/bin INFORMIXSERVER=coldecon_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.coldecon export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit INFORMIXSERVER=opera_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.opera export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit --- madiego <madiego@qf21.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I had an informix database in the unix server. The > server has been > restarted and now I can't start the database. > I execute 'oninit' and only can started the default...

Web resources about - Re: Re: I want to open a doc file in window dir using informix #2 - comp.databases.informix

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.