From: "Sebastian, Norma J." <NormaJean.Sebastian@tellabs.com>
To: "Savio Pinto  (s )" <spinto@cap.org>, "William Weaver" <wweaver@amicus.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:24:00 -0600
Subject: RE: Informix and SQL Server

Tell me more about this 'linked server' stuff.
We have oracle, informix, and sqlserver.  I am trying to set up a
scenario to help Bill without him having to buy another tool.

I created a Sqlserver DTS to dump some oracle data from a unix oracle db
to my PC.

I was thinking Bill could create a job on the informix side to dump
whatever data is needed to a file, then use DTS to ftp the file
somewhere in the sqlserver domain, and have sqlserver DTS the dump file
in and manipulate it accordingly.

But if linked servers could do the trick... Please explain a bit further
and I will test here.
Thanks,
Norma Jean