From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org
[mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]On Behalf Of Jean Sagi
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 10:31 PM
To: datagoob@netscape.net
Cc: informix-list@iiug.org
Subject: Re: Re: Informix and SQL Server

Oh my!

I just want to join some simple tables... the trouble is that one is in Informix the other is in Sql_server... so DTS help to translate Informix data to a temporary SqlServer table.

So if I could do something like

SELECT *
FROM   informix_table a
         inner join sql_server b on (a.pk=b.pk)
;

I would be really happy.

My IDS is in HP-UX, so freetds/UnixODBC works on hp-ux?

J.

But OTOH just for learning is good to know about OLE DB, how it compares to ODBC. Id in the process I could do a join like the one before... it will be gladlt welcome.

In this path what you mention give a lots of oportunity to learn more.