Re: Really Frustrating -9628 Errors #2

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 14:23 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> We've written several Informix stored procedures that return MULTISET as
> the type;  the application than does a SELECT a,b,c FROM
> TABLE({procedurename}({parameterlist...})).  And these WORK!!!  But only
> for awhile, the next day, or after a couple of days suddenly they stop
> working - and they haven't been changed.  They simply start to bomb out
> with a -9628 (type not found) error for any SQL statement like the
> above.
> We are using "IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 10.00.UC1" on LINUX.
> The engine itself is perfectly stable,  but attempts to use SPLs that
> deal with collection types fall apart after a few days.
> An example of a procedure that bombs has an return type like -
> CREATE FUNCTION p_get_equip_history(i_equip_id INT, i_event_count INT)
>         RETURNING MULTISET ( ROW (record_id INT, equipment INT,
> entry_type INT, meter_reading INT, event_date DATETIME YEAR TO DAY,
> workorder_number INT, workorder_segment INT, charge_labor FLOAT,
> charge_parts FLOAT, charge_misc FLOAT, component_code CHAR(10),
> modification_code CHAR(10), job_code CHAR(10), description CHAR(255))
> NOT NULL );
> Has anyone seen this?  I've searched high-and-low but don't find much
> information on -9628 except to indicate that we are doing something
> wrong... BUT THE ROUTING WORKS,,, for awhile.

A little debugging revealed this,  which doesn't mean anything to me
(again, this EXACT procedure worked for about 24 hours) -

--------------------------------
start select cursor.
select  ROW(a.record_id, a.equipment, a.entry_type, a.meter_reading,
a.event_date, a.workorder_number, a.workorder_segment, a.charge_labor,
a.charge_parts, a.charge_misc, a.component_code, a.modification_code,
a.job_code, b.description)
  from equipment_history as a, equipment_history_typer as b
  where (and (= a.equipment, i_equip_id), (= a.entry_type,
b.entry_type_id))
  order by a.event_datedesc
exception : looking for handler
SQL error = -9628 ISAM error = 0  error string =  = ""
exception : no appropriate handler
--------------------------------

sending to informix-list
0
Adam

Sounds like a bug i've seen before but 'should' have been fixed???
.... update stats will work but it only for xx hours
and someother may fail.
phone TS and have them look in their bugdb.

wa afaicr is cranking up spl cache params
PC_POOLSIZE,   DS_POOLSIZE, DD_HASHSIZE,DD_HASHMAX,
PC_HASHSIZE,DS_HASHSIZE, look at onstat -g cac
for

UDR Cache:
    Number of lists             : 31
    PC_POOLSIZE                 : 127

change one above and bounce and see if changed... am a bit out of it...
also some of them have to be a prime number.. maybe it's doc'ed
nowadays dono

Superboer

Adam Tauno Williams schreef:

> On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 14:23 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> > We've written several Informix stored procedures that return MULTISET as
> > the type;  the application than does a SELECT a,b,c FROM
> > TABLE({procedurename}({parameterlist...})).  And these WORK!!!  But only
> > for awhile, the next day, or after a couple of days suddenly they stop
> > working - and they haven't been changed.  They simply start to bomb out
> > with a -9628 (type not found) error for any SQL statement like the
> > above.
> > We are using "IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 10.00.UC1" on LINUX.
> > The engine itself is perfectly stable,  but attempts to use SPLs that
> > deal with collection types fall apart after a few days.
> > An example of a procedure that bombs has an return type like -
> > CREATE FUNCTION p_get_equip_history(i_equip_id INT, i_event_count INT)
> >         RETURNING MULTISET ( ROW (record_id INT, equipment INT,
> > entry_type INT, meter_reading INT, event_date DATETIME YEAR TO DAY,
> > workorder_number INT, workorder_segment INT, charge_labor FLOAT,
> > charge_parts FLOAT, charge_misc FLOAT, component_code CHAR(10),
> > modification_code CHAR(10), job_code CHAR(10), description CHAR(255))
> > NOT NULL );
> > Has anyone seen this?  I've searched high-and-low but don't find much
> > information on -9628 except to indicate that we are doing something
> > wrong... BUT THE ROUTING WORKS,,, for awhile.
>
> A little debugging revealed this,  which doesn't mean anything to me
> (again, this EXACT procedure worked for about 24 hours) -
>
> --------------------------------
> start select cursor.
> select  ROW(a.record_id, a.equipment, a.entry_type, a.meter_reading,
> a.event_date, a.workorder_number, a.workorder_segment, a.charge_labor,
> a.charge_parts, a.charge_misc, a.component_code, a.modification_code,
> a.job_code, b.description)
>   from equipment_history as a, equipment_history_typer as b
>   where (and (= a.equipment, i_equip_id), (= a.entry_type,
> b.entry_type_id))
>   order by a.event_datedesc
> exception : looking for handler
> SQL error = -9628 ISAM error = 0  error string =  = ""
> exception : no appropriate handler
> --------------------------------
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had a name of signature.asc]
> sending to informix-list

0
Superboer
11/18/2005 7:04:26 AM
bug_number      130885
description     9628 TYPE NOT FOUND USING SPL WHEN ROUTINE/EXT TYPE
                CACHE IS HAMMERED ERROR IS STORED IN SYSPROCPLAN
product_code    ONLINE
component_code  CT

dono have it checked;

Superboer.

0
Superboer

Re: get syntax error when loading data to a informix database #2
Umesh said: > Hi > I have ids 9.4 oon windows and csdk. l successfully connected > to the database using Visula Basic 6. > When l build a string for example > SQL1 = "select * from hse2 where field1 matches " & "'a*' > and execute using : DbaseConn.Execute (SQL1) it works fine. > > When l try to load data to a table : > SQL1 = "load from " & " 'd:\x.unl' " & " insert into hse2" > or > SQL1 = "load from 'd:\x.unl' insert into hse2 > > I get a syntax error -201. Anyone know why. Because the LOAD statement is specific to DBACCESS, not SQL. -- Bye now, Obnoxio "C'est pas parce qu'on n'a rien � dire qu'il faut fermer sa gueule" - Coluche "I'm trying to see things your way, but I can't get my head up my ass" - JCH "Ogni uomo mi guarda come se fossi una testa di cazzo" - Marco I went to the airport to check in and they asked what I did because I looked like a terrorist. I said I was a comedian. They said, "Say something funny then." I told them I had just graduated from flying school. -- Ahmed Ahmed sending to informix-list ...

RE: RE: RE: [9fans] boot error walking #2 #2
> The wiki is always out of date. As far as I can tell > it is a 'fire and forget' document. Read it with a grain > of salt. i updated the 'Configuring a standalone CPU server' page to be somewhat closer to reality. ...

RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix database #2
You can only revoke a privilege that exists explicitly and you are the GRANTOR, if a user's rights are part of "public" then you cannot prevent the access unless you revoke connection privileges from public Regards Colin There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't >From: "Gosney Simon" <GosneyS@axxia.com> >To: "Jonathan Leffler" <jleffler@earthlink.net>, <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: [Maybe spam] Re: Relation of OS user to Informix databas...

Re: Star Coupler failures (was: Re: CI Path Errors (was Re: Errors)) #2
"Ken Robinson" <kenrbnsn@gmail.com> wrote on 04/07/2006 11:43:45 AM: > On 4/7/06, norm.raphael@metso.com <norm.raphael@metso.com> wrote: > > Hoff, Has anyone actually logged a start coupler failure in the history > > of Field Service? Short of someone or something physically damaging the > > beast (Fire, Flood, Dropping a save on it, maybe) what can possibly fail? > > > > I believe the Star Coupler was a passive device (no electricity needed > for it to operate). Back in the 1980's when I was at Bellcore, an air > conditionin...

RE: Informix error #2
Vasilis You need to either remove the shared memory segments:- ipcs -ma to identify ipcrm -m 'memory identifier' to remove or reboot the machine Keith -> -----Original Message----- -> From: vasilis.economides@ctl.com [mailto:vasilis.economides@ctl.com] -> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 11:21 AM -> To: informix-list@iiug.org -> Subject: Informix error -> -> -> Hi, -> -> I have Informix 7.71 UC5 installed on SCO Unix. When I try -> to initialize it -> I get the gollowing error. Any idea what it means and how to solve?...

RE: Re[2]: Compiler error with setup.h (was RE: Setup.h Error. I' m a newbie)
> On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:04:22 +0100 Fabian Cenedese > <Cenedese@indel.ch> wrote: > > FC> >I was thinking something like: > FC> >#ifndef (SETUP.H) //or whatever the header guard for setup.h is > FC> > #error "Please make sure you have copied setup.h as > described > FC> >in install.txt blah blah blah #endif > FC> > FC> I was thinking the same but you can only test this after > the include > FC> and if the include fails you don't even get here. > > Exactly. > VZ What i...

Re: [ace-users] Re: [ace] compile error in mingw 3.2-rc1 (or w32api-3.2) #2
Hi, > oh. sorry. I just use ACE at studying. so I don't interested in > commercial support. (bad english. sorry. -_-) No problem with the English. Good that you are looking at ACE, it is very powerful, only the bad thing is you are using a new MinGW version that cause problems. > furthermore, I found cause about this error. it's placed in new > w32api's sys/stat.h. it define lstat as stat, so this make all > "lstat"s in ACE sources replace "stat". -_-a > > I tryed two modification (sorry for handy patch..) > 1. ace/conf...

RE: [ace-users] Re: [ace] compile error in mingw 3.2-rc1 (or w32api-3.2) #2
Hi, Please upgrade your mingw version to 3.7. This has been released today and contains the following fix below, they removed all defines which are just there to fool people. Your problems with MinGW should be gone now. Johnny 2005-01-13 Earnie Boyd <earnie@users.sf.net> * include/sys/stat.h (_S_IFLNK, S_IFLNK, _S_ISLNK, S_ISLNK, _lstat, lstat): Remove. * include/errno.h (ELOOP): Ditto. * include/_mingw.h: Increment version to 3.7. * Makefile.in: Ditto. > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-ace-users@cse.wustl.edu > [mailto:owner-ace-users@cs...

Re: Start informix database #2
Hi.. This is an example INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:$INFORMIXDIR/bin INFORMIXSERVER=coldecon_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.coldecon export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit INFORMIXSERVER=opera_shm ONCONFIG=onconfig.opera export PATH INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER ONCONFIG oninit --- madiego <madiego@qf21.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I had an informix database in the unix server. The > server has been > restarted and now I can't start the database. > I execute 'oninit' and only can started the default...

Re: connect to database error #2
The reason you are getting 25588 for shm server demo_on and -908 for tcp server demo_on_tcp is because your server is not up. You need to be able to bring up server first to attempt any connection. What does the online.log file says? It could be a memory allocation issue or something else. Perform the steps as Martin has explained taking one protocol at a time. FYI: Dont use port number value greater than 65535 as that's the limit; but use something way higher than 1024. -- Ravi On 4/13/05, Martin Fuerderer <MARTINFU@de.ibm.com> wrote: > Hi again, > >...

Re: Error info in Informix? #2
Urich Ann wrote: > > As a former DB2 DBA, I was able to use a master/console "log" that > identified information(users/resources) on deadlocks, timeouts, etc.. > > Since I am new to Informix, I was wondering if there is a log that would > give me that type of information... > or > ...a way to find out the user and/or resource involved in an error > situation, such as a deadlock? You'd need to look at the sysmaster database, which has all that info in pseudo tables that you can access using SQL. Alternatively, you can use the com...

RE: Strange Informix error #2
You can also check your system integrity first, before recreating the table, using oncheck -cr oncheck -cR oncheck -cc The last one checks your system tables Dirk -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Franz Gr�tzmacher Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 8:49 AM To: Chris Bullivant; informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: Strange Informix error Hi Chris You have a corrupted table... Unload the data to a flat file (in isql or dbaccess: unload to ...

RE: Informix database creation #2
Hi The existing chunk is already starting at offset of 500. Your new chunk should have the offset as 600501 . Regards Ravinder Bahadur _________________________________________________________________ Are you Unmarried? http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/cgi-bin/bmclicks1.cgi?4d Register in India's No 1 Matrimony. sending to informix-list "Ravinder Bahadur" <ravinder_b@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bgsam4$i9q$1@terabinaries.xmission.com... > > Hi > The existing chunk is already starting at offset of 500. Your new chunk > sh...

Re: Re: 5.2 on suse 10.0 error #2
Hi, I had the same problem but the solution that worked out with earlier SUSE versions was not sufficient. The first part remains as is given in http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/linux/intel/deletenext51.html you need only parts 1 and 2. part 3 will only work once in each session and you wiil either need to write this command manually on you shell or make this happen each time you log in. For the second option just (I use the bash shell) enter the command xrdb .XMathematica into you .bashrc file use any text editor you like. You will find this file is in your home direc...

Re: Re: [9fans] bootalpha and the no valid stack error #2 #2
> The thing about DEC's Unix on the Alpha was that it never ran on either > the MIPS or VAX.... It was essentially OSF/1 with some DEC > customizations and a custom compiler. So I just spent a little time digging when I should have been writing. And it's all your fault :-) Seriously, you're essentially right. The history is more rich than I had realized. - In the begining (well once Olsen got over his anti-UNIX thing), there was ULTRIX on the 11, the VAX and MIPS. - When DEC decided to swich from ULTRIX to OSF/1, it started its development on MIPS. - To what extent OS...

Re: [2.5.2] MinGW3.2 W2K lots of linking errors #2
hi, some more informations about my errors: _______________ Dated up to the latest Dev-CPP version, including Mingw/GCC 3.2 (gcc --v: gcc version 3.2 (mingw special 20020817-1)) to enshure, that my compilerversions will work allright, rebuild the wxLIBS: WXVER_MAJOR=2 WXVER_MINOR=5 WXVER_RELEASE=1 BUILD=debug MONOLITHIC=0 SHARED=0 UNICODE=0 WXUNIV=0 CFG= VENDOR=custom OFFICIAL_BUILD=0 DEBUG_FLAG=default DEBUG_INFO=default RUNTIME_LIBS=dynamic MSLU=0 USE_EXCEPTIONS=1 USE_GUI=1 USE_HTML=1 USE_ODBC=1 USE_OPENGL=0 COMPILER=gcc CC=gcc CXX=g++ CFLAGS= CPPFLAGS= CXXF...

Re: [2.5.2] MinGW3.2 W2K lots of linking errors #2
Hi, Vaclav wrote: > Try MSYS+configure or put -DNO GCC PRAGMA to CPPFLAGS, it may help. > What version of gcc are you using again? I had obviously bogus > unresolved references when building DLL version with both 3.3.1 and > 3.3.3 Mingw versions, but the bug appears to be fixed in 3.4.0 > candidate release (altough my 3.4.0-compiled app doesn't run, it > aborts with exit code 3 and resists all attempts to debug it :-( ). guess you mean gcc versions instead of Mingw versions, since today, I use: gcc version 3.2 (mingw special 20020817-1) before I used: gc...

Re: [2.5.2] MinGW3.2 W2K lots of linking errors #2
hi, got it!! if anybody did the same stupid errors, here the solution: picked out the linking params of a sample and used it: -mthreads -Wl,--subsystem,windows -mwindows -lwxbase25d_odbc -lwxmsw25d_core -lwxbase25d -lwxtiffd -lwxjpegd -lwxpngd -lwxzlibd -lwxregexd -lwxexpatd -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lrpcrt4 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lodbc32 the only thing I don't understand, is the order of the wx-stat.libs. as I undestood the describtion in http://www.wxwid...

Re: Fw: Informix compilation error #2
Hi, this is a very general error message. It means that at some point the program wants to access memory that it does not own. Usually this happens when a pointer having an invalid memory address is dereferenced and the wrong memory address is then attempted to access. The easiest way to locate the problem: use the debugger and step-by-step execution. Start step-by-step in the highest level (function main()) and work top-down from there (i.e. in the next debug-run you step into the function where it crashed in the previous debug run). In the debugger you can also see address values and memory content ... Another method without debugger is to put in print (or printf()) statements at strategic places. Upon running the program you will see the print messages until it crashes. From there you work top-down by adding print statements in lower level functions. This is more tedious as you also have to compile inbetween. Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 12.12.2005 07:22:07: > After successfully compiling any program, the error "Segmentation fault (core > dumped)" > comes up when I try to run the resultant .4gi. > > any one with sum answers ? > sending to informix-list sending to informix-list Well the RDS runner should never coredump unless a) you are linking C code that is overwriting memory. Use P...

RE: Threadlib and Informix error -931 #2
Gagan, My sincere apologies for this very short-sighted reply, i didn't even bother to read the whole email, just assumed that 'finderr -931' is it. I very vaguely remember something about multi-threaded clients and shared memory connections. From your mail i see that you are using network connections, maybe just double check. Regards, > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org > [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Willem Roos > Sent: 04 April 2005 12:43 > To: gagan.haloi@gmail.com; informix-list@iiug.org ...

Re: Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases #2
I think your best bet would be to use HPL to unload data from the logged db and load it into the non-logged db as long as they both have the same schema(=table definition). Regards, Uday. "Aashish Ramsinghani - ASDC, Chennai" To <Aashishsr@hcl.in informix-list@iiug.org > cc Sent by: owner-informix-li Subject st@iiug.org Moving Informix TableSpaces between databases 12/09/2005 07:01 AM Hi I am using Informix for one of my DW projects. We are loading data from the source system into the staging area both are separate Databases. Source has logging enables and staging has it disabled. The problem comes when I try to access data across both these databases. I cannot link tables between these databases because of their logging properties. So I am dumping the data into a CSV file and loading it again but for my initial load which consists of 40+ million records it is a problem. In oracle I know we can make a separate table space and dump the data there then load the table space to another database. I don't know if such a thing is possible in Informix. Any help will be appreciated. Th...

RE: RE: RE: [9fans] boot error walking #2
> according to the wiki. But also according to the wiki the=20 > menu bootfile in plan9.ini is: ahem...the wiki seems to be out of date... <nervous giggle/> > bootfile:sdC0!9fat!9pcauth yes. note that you'll have to copy the kernel over there by hand. andrey already posted the commands necessary. ...

Re: Very odd errors from bind 9.2.2 #2
Ok, turns out you were right: On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 Mark_Andrews@isc.org wrote: > > Suddenly, with _no change in configuration_, I am seeing these three > > errors in /var/log/messages every time I HUP my named process: > > > > Oct 24 22:56:38 ns1 named[8255]: dns_master_load: /etc/namedb/s/.:1: > > unexpected end of line > > Oct 24 22:56:38 ns1 named[8255]: dns_master_load: /etc/namedb/s/.:1: > > unexpected end of input > > Oct 24 22:56:38 ns1 named[8255]: zone ./IN: loading master file > > /etc/namedb/s/.: unexpected end of input > > > > This confuses me greatly, as the file it seems to be telling me there is a > > problem with is: > > > > /etc/namedb/s/. > > > > which is essentially: > > > > /etc/namedb/s/ > > > > Any thoughts ? > > Have you looked in named.conf for the entry for the zone "."? > My bet is that you will find that file is set to "/etc/namedb/s/.". > Note directories are just special purpose files. The can be read. I do indeed have this in my named.conf: zone "." { type slave; masters { 1.2.3.4; }; file "/etc/namedb/s/."; allow-query { any; }; }; Should I remove this entirely, or should I change it ? If I should change it, what should I change it to ? thanks! ...

Re: image database omnidex error msg #2
Have you tried reindexing? ************************************************** Sam Knight Phone: (904)256-7509 Sr. Programmer/Analyst Fax: (904)256-7238 Jacksonville University Web: http://www.ju.edu Jacksonville, FL 32211 NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you may have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and delete the copy you received. In addition, you should not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate...

RE: Database design errors, domains, and Ingres #2
Hello, I must be really old fashioned - my preference is to place the responsibility for abstract data types into the domain of the business logic. I believe the server should be concentrating more on traditional values: performance, availability, locking contention, etc. (I'm not anti-stored procs, just biased towards simple types). How do you think the database should treat a case like this?: Invoice sales table has a quantity and a uom. eg 1 CTN = 1 carton. uom table has weight conversion factors. KG = 1, TON = 1000, TUB = 0.25, CTN = 6 (note the implied conversion from the specified unit to KGs) The units and conversions are totally user defined. To get a total product weight in tons: select sum(sales.quantity * uom1.conversion / uom2.conversion ) from sales, uom uom1, uom uom2 where sales.uom = uom1.uom and uom2.uom = 'TON'; I thought ingres already supported UDTs - I went looking and found found ome.pdf on the ingres docs website - it is actually in the installation media too. Back in the 6.4 days, Peerless purchased Object Management Extension as a separate option but never put it to use. It looks a bit scary with all that C stuff. Also I came across lots of warnings about copying udts between platforms. What you are describing sounds like a front end to the OME. Does anyone have any experience with the OME? Paul -----Original Message----- From: Roy Hann [mailto:rhann@globalnet.co.uk] Sent: Tuesday, 11...

Web resources about - Re: Really Frustrating -9628 Errors #2 - comp.databases.informix

Frustrating MyFord Touch - YouTube
Ford's new MyFord Touch control system gives you many different ways to operate controls. But none of them is particularly well-designed, adding ...

Etihad Airways to review its procedures after frustrating weather delay
Etihad Airways will review its policy on how long delayed aircraft can remain on the ground with passengers aboard while waiting to take off. ...

A Thousand Times Goodnight review: Frustrating lack of depth
Erik Poppe knows his way around shooting warzones but the ethical dilemmas of photojournalism seem beyond him.

Tuggeranong's go-slow frustrating for City
Tuggeranong's go-slow frustrating for City

Why Ryse Is The Most Frustrating Game Of E3
“We don’t want the player to feel frustrated.” This is what I’m told. This is how it is explained. Why then, I wonder to myself, do I feel so ...

Jeremy Laidler much happier at Sydney Swans after frustrating end to spell at AFL rivals Carlton Blues ...
As trying as times may be in Sydney, things could be a whole lot worse for Jeremy Laidler – he could still be at Carlton.

Indonesia's refusal to accept asylum boats 'very frustrating': Scott Morrison
Indonesia's refusal to accept the return of asylum seeker boats is "very frustrating", Immigration Minister Scott Morrison has said, in what ...

Fresh hopes for Daniel Ricciardo at Austrian GP after frustrating season
Daniel Ricciardo hopes a fresh new power unit will finally spark a turnaround in fortunes for the ailing Red Bull team, following owner Dietrich ...

Sydney to Hobart: Wild Oats XI leads as fleet experiences frustrating conditions
Sydney to Hobart winds are on their way but they are expected to be too late for the leaders.

Brandon Morrow takes turn frustrating Rays hitters
Moises Sierra homered and threw out pinch-runner Elliot Johnson at home plate for the final out, preserving Brandon Morrow's first win since ...