De : owner-informix-list@iiug.org
[mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org]De la part de Paul Watson
Envoy� : 19 janvier, 2004 06:18
� : informix-list@iiug.org
Objet : Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server

Check the release note in $INFORMIXDIR/release/*/*/ or look in the
/etc/system on the working server

--
Paul Watson             #
Oninit Ltd              # Growing old is mandatory
Tel: +44 1436 672201    # Growing up is optional
Fax: +44 1436 678693    #
Mob: +44 7818 003457    #
www.oninit.com          #

sending to informix-list
0
iso

Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server
KW Foo wrote: > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > application and the data and restore to another server. > > We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using > "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another > server (with the same directory structure and hardware). > > We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix > chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". > > We a...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #3
Did You re-install Informix executables ('installserver' script) after transferring it to anather machine with Solaris utility? If not, please, do that. Also, do nor forget about 'RUNASROOT' script. ------------------------------------------ Alexey Sonkin Senior Database Administrator > -----Original Message----- > From: KW Foo [mailto:hovid@streamyx.com] > Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 5:38 AM > To: informix-list@iiug.org > Subject: Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server > > What should I check in the /etc/sys...

RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #4
In my personal opinion, why bother using ufsdump when you could restore with ontape. Don't forget that all chunk structures must be the same but that ontape & ufsdump might not read & write the same way, thus creating incompatibilities. There is gain in using ufsdump versus the potential problems just like the one you encountered. Andr� >From: St�phane Gadoury <stephane.gadoury@transat.com> >To: <informix-list@iiug.org> >Subject: RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server >Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:54:50 -0500 >...

Restore Informix software & Database to another server
We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 application and the data and restore to another server. We are running the Informix in SUN Solaris 2.6, backup the server using "ufsdump" to the tape drive and restore using the "ufsrestore" to another server (with the same directory structure and hardware). We use "ufsdump" to backup the informix software and also all the Informix chunk directories after we shutdown the Informix using "onmode -ky". We also did an "ontape" level 0 backup to a tape. After we rest...

FW: Restore Informix software & Database to another server
Yes, the kernel settings must be correct - and also, did you create the symbolic links in /usr/lib for Informix ? -----Original Message----- From: owner-informix-list@iiug.org [mailto:owner-informix-list@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Paul Watson Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 10:42 AM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: Restore Informix software & Database to another server Have you checked that the /etc/system on the second server is correct KW Foo wrote: > > We are trying to backup the server which includes the Informix 7.31 > applica...

Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server #2
Paul Watson wrote: > something like > > onstat -r <<EOF > y > n > n > n > EOF > > should work, but I wouldn't use it on a production system Which is exactly the same as the example given, except for the obvious command error and the missing initial <CR> to the enter tape and press RETURN prompt. However, I am not convinced of the order of the answers, and I don't have ontape to hand to test..., on dev or prod. So I agree, simply run ontape -r and answer the prompts manually. Cheers, -- Mark. +-------------...

RE: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux #2
Christian Knappke wrote > > "Colin Bull" <c.bull@videonetworks.com> wrote: > > > Here is one I prepared earlier --- > > > > onbar/ontape whatever .. > > FORCEOL=n > > until onstat - | grep "On-Line" > /dev/null > > do > > echo "Off line" # ; sleep 20 > > onstat - | grep "[BQ][lu][oi][ce][ks]" > /dev/null && ( echo > > "\nServ blokd" > > if [ x$FORCEOL = "xn" ] ; then > > echo "On...

Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server
Neil Truby wrote: > "Carmen Constantinescu" <carmen@wylog.com> wrote in message > news:bthi4v$ujm$1@terabinaries.xmission.com... > >>Please help! >> >>I try to restore a database with ontape -r file_name like : >> $INFORMIXDIR/bin/ontape -r <<file_name >> >> y >> n >> n >> n >> file_name >> >>The error that I get is if the server is offline is :" Physical restore >>failed - function read archive...

Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server #3
David Williams wrote: > "Colin Bull" <c.bull@videonetworks.com> wrote in message news:btmcr4> That > will make it a lot tidier, should be able to use a case statement. > >>I will revise next week sometime. >> > > > http://www.smooth1.demon.co.uk/ifaq06.htm#6.33 > > 6.33 What status codes does onstat return? > On 21st May 1998 mdstock@informix.com (Mark D. Stock) wrote:- > > As a point of interest, you can check the current mode of IDS by checking > the status ($?) after onstat -. > > The values r...

Re: Database Backup/Restore using Informix IDS 7.31 #2
Hi, ontape (in older versions) has a limitation of 2 GB only if TAPEDEV is a file in the file system. If TAPEDEV is an actual tape device, then this restriction does not apply. Regards, Martin -- Martin Fuerderer IBM Informix Development Munich, Germany Information Management owner-informix-list@iiug.org wrote on 16.09.2005 17:11:49: > Are your databases isolated within their own dbspaces? Recovery is > done at an instance level, so you can "warm" restore dbspaces, but > you'll have to make them current with the instance through logical > recove...

RE: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux
David Williams wrote > > "Andy Kent" <andykent.bristol@virgin.net> wrote in message > news:a3525a11.0401080308.64a1ed12@posting.google.com... > > Why ever would you want to run a cold restore unattended? > > > > Great laxative ... > > > > To create a reporting database once per week... > > Once all the ontape stuff is finished don't forget to > > a) Sit in a loop running onstat - and check the return > code each time.Wait for the server to reach quiescent > mode. This can take 45 mins. >...

Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux #3
Thanks a lot ! My problem was the fact that I tried to restore on a Linux machine a backup made on a UNIX machine. The INFORMIX server version was the same. The problem was the OS, in fact. Backup with ontape is recommended only when the restore is made on the same machine. Carmen ----- Original Message ----- From: "S.Dhayanidhi" <sdhaya@hotmail.com> To: <informix-list@iiug.org> Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 6:35 AM Subject: Re: database restore with ontape -r on Informix Online Dynamic Server 7.31 on Linux > Here is my cute little code.. for u...

Web resources about - RE: Restore Informix software & Database to another server #2 - comp.databases.informix

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.