Storing password in informix database

------=_NextPart_000_0120_01C34796.5B1587B0

Hello All,
             Is there any way to show the selected password field value =
from a table as *********, but should match the actual value when =
comparing for login. Thanks in advance.

Chavan Koya

------=_NextPart_000_0120_01C34796.5B1587B0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;=20
Is there any way to show the selected password field value from a table =
as=20
*********, but should match the actual value when comparing for login. =
Thanks in=20
advance.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Chavan Koya</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0120_01C34796.5B1587B0--
sending to informix-list
0
Chavan

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase

Re: Storing password in informix database
If you are on 9.x versions (with the WEB Datablade installed) , you can use a function called webpwcrypt which will encrypt your password and store it in the database. Otherwise, I would assume you'll have to write your own algorithm to do the same. The usage is as follows: select webpwcrypt(password,2194) from user where the second parameter is some kind of a seed# to generate the encrypted password. HTH. Thanx much, Rajib Sarkar Advisory Support Engineer (RAS) IBM Data Management Group Ph : (602)-217-2100 Fax: (602)-217-2100 As long as you derive inner help and comfort from anything, keep it -- Mahatma Gandhi "Chavan Koya" <chavankoya189@ho To: "Informix Mailing List" <informix-list@iiug.org> tmail.com> cc: Sent by: Subject: Storing password in informix database owner-informix-li ...

Do I have to have an Informix Database?
I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with 4gl. Is there anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially something that will create its own database) ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! Bruce Truter wrote: > I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every 4gl > compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess this means > I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with 4gl. Is there > anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially something that will > create its own database) > ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! Investigate: * 4Js (http://www.fourjs.com/) * Querix (http://www.querix.com/) * Aubit4GL (http://aubit4gl.sourceforge.net/) -- Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h> Email: jleffler@earthlink.net, jleffler@us.ibm.com Guardian of DBD::Informix v2003.04 -- http://dbi.perl.org/ Bruce Truter wrote: > I have been using informix 4gl for 20 years. I have downloaded every > 4gl compiler I can find and all require an informix database. I guess > this means I stay married to Informix forever if I want to stay with > 4gl. Is there anything else in 4gl OTHER THAN INFORMIX? (Especially > something that will create its own database) > ShearPower4gl is not 4gl! 4JS comp...

[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch
I have download ClientSDK 2.90.TC4 I am trying to connect to an IDS10 database. My iLogin works fine, but I cannot set up the ODBC driver, I keep getting the message "[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch" I cannot leave it blank, under environment, and I cannot find any matching pairs. Can somebody help. XP client and Linux server This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0046812965257177_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I am guessing that you are using 10.00.xC4 or the version where you have fix for 171156 IDS defect. Basically this bug fix will enforce the correct database locale setting from client (i.e. ODBC etc). If you supply the (default is en_US.1252) correct database locale(that is actually the database created with) in ODBC DSN(or your connection string) then your connection should go through. However in ODBC side as well we have the corresponding fix in place. Ask your customer support to get the patch of ODBC defects 175110 and 175746. These ODBC fixes will automatically take care of getting the correct database locale value for the given database (through DSN). Thanks & Regards -Shesh bobkot@gmail.com Sent by: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org 05/23/2006 05:58 PM To informix-list@iiug.org cc Subject [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver] Database locale information mismatch I have download ClientSDK 2.90.T...

informix database
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C38F0C.28FAA400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use win32com.client to create ADODB.Connection and ADODB.Recordset: win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Connection') win32com.client.Dispatch('ADODB.Recordset') I can connect to an access database and I can update it, but if I change = the connection string to connect to Informix database, its values no = refresh. Do you know any bug using Python and Informix database? Thanks. ------=...

Informix SchemaProvider for CodeSmith, Informix Database Provider for MS Enterprise Library
For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses = the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source = can be found here: http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.as= px CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to = generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise = Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know = and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). Thanks, =A0 Sean. Sean Baker napisa�(a): > For those interested, I created a SchemaProvider for CodeSmith that uses the Informix .NET Provider. Tested with IDS 9.4 and CSDK 2.9. Source can be found here: > > http://community.codesmithtools.com/files/9/schemaproviders/entry12998.aspx > > CodeSmith is a great tool for generating .Net code. We're using it to generate the middle layer objects for a .Net project here. > > I also have an Informix Database Provider for the Microsoft Enterprise Library (June 2005 release). If anyone is interested, just let me know and I'll send it your way (sbaker@moneymailer.com). > > Thanks, > > Sean. I've also tried to create Informix Database Provider for Enterprise Library 2005. I've converted sample Northwind database to Informix and I've wrote the provider. Unfortunately...

Informix Training for New Informix Database Administrators
Folks, Art Kagel and I will be teaching our Informix Training course for New Informix Database Administrators, March 5-8, 2012. Attend the class in person or online via our Web Training Center. This course is for database administrators, programmers, and technical support personnel who will be setting up, managing, and tuning Informix 11 or 10 databases. Course Outline: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/OutlineInformixIDSforDBAs.html Course Schedule and Registration: http://www.advancedatatools.com/Training/InformixTraining.html Participant Quote: "I recently had the opportunity to attend (remotely via WebEx) a training course with Lester Knutsen for Informix. This was one of the best investments that we have spent on learning tips to tune and monitor a system. The course was very informative and enlightening. At first I was skeptical of attending a training session remotely but in the long run it was definitely the best way to have been trained. We were able to immediately make checks, changes, and adjustments to our current infrastructure as the course was being taught. Thanks for all your support and help!" Eric Urff, Director Information Technology Please let me know if you have any questions or need more information. Regards - Lester -- ______________________________________________________________________ Lester Knutsen lester@advancedatatools.com Advanced DataTools Corporation Voice: 703-2...

Error executing remote system command on an AIX Informix database from an NT Informix Server
Dear All, I realise there are many queries and answers already posted on a similar topic, but none seem to be able to get this working. I have two informix servers, one on Windows NT and one on AIX 4.3. Informix NT (7.31) Informix AIX (7.xx) I have a stored procedure on the unix box with a system command SYSTEM '/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env > /tmp/mylog' I have set up the trust, so that I can connect to the AIX instance as informix from the NT server. I connect from the NT server to the AIX instance as informix and execute the procedure. I get the following error - 668 Command cannot be executed 127 No Primary Key I think that the 127 error number is from the shell execution. The /tmp/mylog file is created but with no values. Even if I replace it with an echo hello command I get an empty file. Having read one of Jonathan Leffler's responses, the SHELL environment variables needs to be set to the the Shell of the remote system. In my case that is 'set SHELL=/usr/bin/ksh' . I did this and it still didn't work. Am I missing further environment variables as I am executing the procedure from NT. Has anyone managed to do this? Many thanks in advance, Nick Have you tryed it on aix itself?? does that work?? try: SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/env 2>&1) > /tmp/nonexistingfile"; -- check what is in nonexistingfile or SYSTEM "(/usr/bin/ksh ...

951: Incorrect password or user is not known on the database server in Informix 7.3
Hi. I recently booted the Informix IDS 7.31 server and after putting online the databases it appeared the message after acceding dbaccess: 951: Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database server Any idea? Thanks. For more information on the log file I get: 19:20:33 listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 13: errstr = informix: Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database server. System error = 13. 19:20:33 Check for password aging/account lock-out. 19:20:33 Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed! Massoroto wrote: > For more information on the log file I get: > > 19:20:33 listener-thread: err = -951: oserr = 13: errstr = informix: > Incorrect password or user informix is not known on the database > server. > System error = 13. > 19:20:33 Check for password aging/account lock-out. > 19:20:33 Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed! > Which OS are you using? Are you sure everything is allright with user Informix? Can you logon? Are you sure your oninit's have the right permissions? System error 13 is "#define EACCES 13 /* Permission denied */" Regards... Which OS? Which OS version? Which IDS version? "Get Shadow Password for user [informix] failed!" Well that is pretty clear isn't it? ...

ANNOUNCE: DBD::Informix
IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl DBI Version 2005.01 (2005-03-14) has been uploaded to CPAN. IBM Informix Database Driver for Perl (also known as DBD::Informix) is the driver code that enables Perl 5.6.1 or later to access Informix databases via the DBI module (but if you are not already using Perl 5.8.5, you should be planning to upgrade to it). You will need the code for DBI version 1.38 or later as well (v1.48 recommended). The code for DBD::Informix is available for download via: http://www.perl.org/CPAN/modules/by-category/07_Database_Interfaces http://dbi.perl.org/ ** When you...

How can I get different Match Patterns in data stored in BLOB (Text) Variable in INFORMIX Database ?
Hi All, How can I get different Match Patterns in data stored in BLOB(Text)Variable in INFORMIX Database ? For Example : Suppose in my Database named "Employee" in INFORMIX ,there is a BLOB Text Field named "Address".I want to write a SQL Query to search different Match Patterns for data stored in that BLOB Address field. When I use "Select" statement using "like" with search patterns,it produces error with "error no -615 ". Can we have Alternate Solutions also ? Regards, Durgesh Sharma On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:07:03 -0400, Durgesh Sharma wrote: > Hi All, > > How can I get different Match Patterns in data stored in BLOB(Text)Variable > in INFORMIX Database ? > > For Example : > Suppose in my Database named "Employee" in INFORMIX ,there is a BLOB Text > Field named "Address".I want to write a SQL Query to search different Match > Patterns for data stored in that BLOB Address field. When I use "Select" > statement using "like" with search patterns,it produces error with "error no > -615 ". > > Can we have Alternate Solutions also ? RTFM Read the Guide to SQL Reference, section on Data Types, Built-In, Simple Large Objects. It says, to paraphrase, simple large objects cannot be used in LIKE, MATCHES, IN, GROUP BY, or ORDER BY clauses, aggregate functions, or string or boolean expressions (except to...

Web resources about - Storing password in informix database - comp.databases.informix

Password strength - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Password strength is a measure of the effectiveness of a password in resisting guessing and brute-force attacks. In its usual form, it estimates ...

California Employers, College Administrators Can’t Ask For Facebook Passwords
As the link between Facebook usage and work comes under closer scrutiny, several states have made it a law that employers cannot request social ...

Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy
Facebook and Privacy hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier ...

New Facebook Security Features: One-Time Passwords, Security Info
Facebook has launched two new security features to help users stay in control of their accounts. Users can now receive a one-time password from ...

FBI explains why it changed Apple ID password in iPhone unlock case, retrieved iCloud backups up to October ...
The FBI has released a press statement explaining its motivation for resetting the iCloud password in the San Bernardino iPhone backdoor/unlock ...

Apple: We tried to help FBI terror probe, but someone changed iCloud password
(credit: Kārlis Dambrāns ) On Friday, an Apple executive explicitly confirmed what was stated in a government court filing earlier in the day: ...

New solution aims to eliminate passwords in the workplace
Passwords are increasingly seen as insufficient to protect sensitive systems and companies are looking for more secure alternatives. Digital ...

The FBI confirmed it screwed up and reset the San Bernardino shooter's iCloud password
The FBI has shed more light on its involvement in what is shaping up to be the most controversial piece of evidence in the investigation of San ...

Review: 8 password managers for Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android
LastPass, 1Password, and Dashlane edge KeePass and company in features, flexibility, and ease

MasterCard to replace passwords with selfies
MasterCard customers will soon be able to replace their passwords with a “selfie” and a fingerprints to verify their identity.