From: Anderson, Troy E. [mailto:AndersonTE@bvsg.com]
Sent: Monday, 17 January 2005 3:57 PM
To: Paul Mason
Cc: info-ingres@cariboulake.com
Subject: RE: [ingres] [Info-ingres] Dates users were created in Ingres

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information!  I do have a question:  I checkpoint the
iidbdb daily with the -d flag, so the journal files don't exist for me
that far back (to cover all of 2004).  If I weren't using the -d flag,
how far back would Ingres track Journal/Checkpoint information?
Indefinitely?  I have a limited amount of space in my jnl file system,
so I doubt I could keep a year's work of jnl files for that database
even if I weren't using the -d flag.

Thanks,
Troy