[Info-ingres] RES: [Info-ingres] Re: What animal should Ingres be?

Hi Paul,

I agree totally with you Ingres needs a promotion strategy (urgently).

For me the one of the main issue to try change this "perception" is to
promote the use of Ingres for ISVs. There are many of then adapting
their software to use open source technology (OS, Database, Development
tools, etc.), and this is a great opportunity to grow up the use of
Ingres.

Here I know around ten software vendors (medium size) which are doing
this move. And most of then are moving to use MySQL, PostgreSQL and
Firebird. Unhappily, Ingres is so unknown it is not being considered an
option.

Ahhh, I suggest cheetah. The fastest animal.

Leandro Fava
DBA-SINF-UNISC http://www.unisc.br
Presidente IUG-BR http://www.iug-br.org
Fone: +55 51 3717 7636

Leandro
12/2/2005 11:46:47 AM
comp.databases.ingres 5857 articles. 0 followers. specially (35) is leader. Post Follow