NTP ( Network Time protocol ) With Ingres

Does somebody use NTP ( ntpdate or xntpd ) with Ingres. Officialy NTP is not
compatible with Ingres.

Thanks.

Bruno.

0
Bruno
7/18/2003 9:34:02 AM
comp.databases.ingres 5857 articles. 0 followers. specially (35) is leader. Post Follow

At 11:34 AM 7/18/2003 +0200, Bruno Wipier wrote:
>Does somebody use NTP ( ntpdate or xntpd ) with Ingres. Officialy NTP is not
>compatible with Ingres.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Bruno.

Bruno,

I guess I'm a bit flustered.  Is there some list of
UNIX utilities that are or are not "compatible" with
Ingres?

NTP merely keeps your clock in sync, usually within
milliseconds of the 'master'.

Is Ingres not compatible with the correct time?  ;-)

Or are you running Ingres 6.4 and you are manually
dealing with Day Light Savings Time?  In that
case, you might be fudging with the system clock and/or
time zone.  I wouldn't run NTP in that case, unless
you learn to configure it to your rules.

By the way, DLST is evil.

Where, pray tell, is this "official" non-compatibility posted?

Cheers,

Michael Leo            mleo@cariboulake.com        Java, J2EE, .NET
Caribou Lake Software  http://www.cariboulake.com  Oracle, Ingres,

So much style without substance, so much stuff without style.
It's hard to recognize the real thing. It comes along once in a while.
                              - Grand Designs, Power Windows, Rush

0
mleo