From: Karl & Betty Schendel [mailto:schendel@kbcomputer.com]
Sent: 21 July 2003 17:27
To: info-ingres@ams.org
Subject: Re: NTP ( Network Time protocol ) With Ingres

At 11:07 AM -0500 7/21/03, Michael Leo wrote:

>Can it be that tough to solder a digital watch (joking)
>on the corner of the motherboard and not let it be bothered
>by interrupts.  How much are digital watches nowadays?
>How much are 8-way servers?

Actually I think Sun's (at least) are supposed to have some kind of RTC
clock chip that does just that.  I dunno why they don't seem to work
very well.

>Then the only thing left to fix is Daylight Savings Time.  I
>propose we go back in time and kill all those who thought of it.

Hear, Hear!

DST is the most annoying idea.  One day a year has 23 hours instead of
24, and one day has 25.  Brilliant.

--
Karl R. Schendel, Jr.         schendel@kbcomputer.com
K/B Computer Associates       www.kbcomputer.com

This message has been checked for all known viruses by bluesource. For
further information visit www.blue-source.com