Subscribing to/receiving events from a visual basic app (ODBC connection)

Hi all,

How would I go about Subscribing to andreceiving events from a visual
basic app (ODBC connection)? True notification to my app would be great,
but a way to explicitly check for events would do.

Emile
0
Emiliano
8/20/2004 5:22:12 PM
comp.databases.ingres 5857 articles. 0 followers. specially (35) is leader. Post Follow

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

Creating an ODBC connection to an Ingres database from Windows Server 2003
Hi I am currently attempting to setup an ODBC connection to an Ingres database. The ODBC connection is being made from a Windows Server 2003 to the Ingres database over a LAN. I have configured the vnode using netutil and can successfully connect to the name server when I test the connection within netutil. I strike a problem when I set up a DSN within the ODBC administrator. I select the Ingres driver, complete the Data Source field and select the Vnode. However, when I go to select the database, I receive the following error message: [CA][Ingres ODBC Driver][Ingres] User ...

connect a database at Sql server 2000 from Visual Basic 6.0
Hello, i'm a programmer of Visual Basic who has to connect a database of Sql server 2000 but i don't know how to do this. If someone can help me, i would be very glad. Thanks a lot. marialokiya wrote: > Hello, i'm a programmer of Visual Basic who has to connect a database > of Sql server 2000 but i don't know how to do this. If someone can help > me, i would be very glad. Thanks a lot. > This is a Java newsgroup. Why don't you try a VB group? -- TechBookReport Java book reviews http://www.techbookreport.com/JavaIndex.html On 26 Oct 2005 01:24:34 -0700, &q...

Connect to Access database that resides on web server via Visual Basic?!
Is there a way to use access database on web host (I have a web hosting account) in visual basic. I want to make Visual basic client applications that connect to internet and work with access database on some web server. Can it be done? Tnx. If you are deploying VB clients, I would just use Sql Server instead. A lot of ISP's (including me) support Sql Server and the ability to connect to it over the web using a simple connection string... or you can configure a dsn on the client as well, your choice. You can't simply "connect" to mdb's. One reason is that it is a J...

Accessing BTrieve database from Visual C++/Visual Basic
Hi! I have been looking on the pervasive website but things don't get really clear to me. Does anybody know how to access a betrieve database from either Visual Basic or from Visual C++? Is there some sort of ODBC driver or anything alike? Do you know where to get it and if it is free or needs to be payed for? I'm looking for this because we use a product in our clinic that makes use of a BTrieve database from which we would like to query some information that we would like to use in some other system. If we can access the BTrieve database we are able to treat our patient be...

Re: [Info-ingres] Problem connecting to ingres database (with .Net)
--0-1312471748-1114180851=:5231 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Hi Mikael, It is not the mixture with .NET. So, your user ing2 is defined as an OS user on both A and B. On A, where the Ingres DBMS resides, you created the Ingres ing2 account using VDBA. I suspect that either case (meaning check or uncheck the external password) the user ing2 will be created with DBMS password. Just type accessdb at a command prompt, choose Users , highlight ing2 user, edit, passwords and make sure that you have password assigned set to no. This will work. In essence you are trying to use dbms passwords in your case. This works with R3 Java driver. I am not sure with work with .NET provider. To be more specific, the limitation I think it comes from DAS (the Data Access Server) Hope this helps, Armand mriska <mikael.riska@iki.fi> wrote: We are experiencing a problem when trying to connect to an Ingres database with the provided ADO.NET Providers for Ingres (CLR 1.1). We have two computers running Windows XP SP2, both have Ingres R3 installed. Lets call them A and B, A is the one acting as a DB server, and B is the one we are trying to use as a client. The computers are not part of a domain. The Ingres software was installed on A logged in as "ingres" user which is a local admin and is granted "act as part of operating system" and "log on as a service" priviledges. After this a user named "ing2" was create...

[Info-ingres] Ingres Stored Procedure Visual Basic .net
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C70D53.8F234E2D Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Sorry to bring up this old chestnut... We use Visual Basic .net along with Ingres ODBC. It works great. I want to use stored procedures to retrieve record sets and return value (i.e. 0 success, 1 fail). I've searched the net, but just can't find a good example, or best practice to follow. All my attempts fail (it executes the stored procedure but I just can't get the return value back, e.g. return :errnum. In vb I'm trying to use parameterdirection.returnvalue - but it always returns 0 - because the execute procedure command worked - but I want to get back a number that I choose. Please help Thanks Gareth Cymraeg:-=20 Mae'r neges hon yn gyfrinachol nad chi yw'r derbynnydd y bwriedid y neges= =20ar ei gyfer, byddwch mor garedig =E2 rhoi gwybod i'r anfonydd yn ddi-oed. Dylid ystyried un rhywd datganiadau neu sylwadau= =20a wneir uchod yn rhai personol,ac nid o angen rhaid yn rhai o=20 eiddo Ymddiriedolaeth GIG Bro Morgannwg, nac unrhyw ran gyfansoddol ohoni= =20na chorff cysylltiedig. Cofiwch fod yn ymwybodol ei bod yn bosibl y bydd disgwyl i Ymddiriedolaet= h GIG Bro Morgannwg roi cyhoeddusrwydd i gynnwys unrhyw ebost neu=20 ohebiaeth a dderbynnir, yn unol ag amodau'r Ddeddf Rhyddid Gwybodaeth 200= 0. I gael mwy...

Visual Basic (6.0) [Basic] Multi-Connection Proxy?
I'm not asking for source =), just asking for basics on making a proxy in VB6 with the Winsock control. Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction? Let's say an HTTP proxy for starters...? =) micromause@hotmail.com (Michael L. Barker) wrote in message news:<cc14f886.0312070324.26d4e136@posting.google.com>... > I'm not asking for source =), just asking for basics on making a proxy > in VB6 with the Winsock control. Is there anyone out there that can > point me in the right direction? Let's say an HTTP proxy for > starters...? =) Read u...

[Info-Ingres] Ingres Visual Database Objects Differences Analyser bug ?

Databases and Visual Basic
I have to produce a stock management system using MySQL and VB 6 by Thursday and at the moment I have got no where. Can anyone help as I cannot get it to display multiple lines of an order and allow each one to be manipulated separately; also I am trying to get it to look like ACT! whereby everything is run from one main form what is they best way to do this so that it will store relevant fields that need to be displayed on different frames and also look decent. Cheers for your help. A stock application by Thursday. Good luck - design, develop, and test in 4 days... May want t...

Connect with Visual Basic
I did a small project by the Visual Basic program . It's easy ,just to control any 4 cameras (Security system ) ,it works to take photos and videos . I want to make image processing to this photos. I dont no who to make the same project by Matlab. pleas help me step by step . Thank you.... ...

ODBC not connection to database
I am trying to set up an ODBC DSN to our company MySQL database so that I can use a MS Access front end. I am using the MySQL ODBC 3.51 driver. The database is running off of Apache on our Windows 2000 server (call it 'foobar'). The host is 'localhost', the user is 'root'. To access the database via a web browser on a PC on our network, I use the address 'http://foobar:8080/". This works fine. If I set up a DSN on the server, I connect to the database ok, but I have not been able to set up a DSN on my PC. If I use 'localhost' as the servernam...

Standalone app with database connections
I am building and application that utilizes a database - currently MySQL. This database currently resides on my development computer and is run from localhost. However, when I deploy the application the database will reside on the network and with various IP addresses and port # depending on where it is installed. Can I configure the IP address dynamically? Or must this be "hard coded" into the application from the database connection tool? Is there a configuration file I can edit whenever the application is loaded onto a client that will specify the IP/Port for the existing database...

Problem connecting to ODBC database
I've registered an SQL Server database in ODBC and I'm trying to connect to it using Mathematica. I've defined the connection, but when I try to connect I get the error message:"JDBC::error: JDBC error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data s...t found and no default driver specified". I have jdk 1.50 installed. Unfortunately the error message doesn't help me much, and the help file doesn't have much in the way of troubleshooting for DB connections. Can anyone point me in the correct direction? Thanks, Chris Kunz ...

Visual Basic 6 Connection
I have been trying to connect to an .mdb file protected by a password created using Access 2003. I fond some information on Microsoft DAO Database: The connect argument is expressed in two parts: the database type, followed by a semicolon (;) and the optional arguments. You must first provide the database type, such as "ODBC;" or "FoxPro 2.5;". The optional arguments follow in no particular order, separated by semicolons. One of the parameters may be the password (if one is assigned). For example: "FoxPro 2.5; pwd=mypassword" My Code is: Set ...

Oracle Visual Basic Connectivity
Hi, I'm using Oracle 9i with Spatial to store geographical data. It has only hundreds of features with very minimal veritices. I use OO4O (Oracle InProc) as component to access the oracle server from Visual Basic. It seems that it takes more time to retrieve the information stored. Some time back I, used same kind of data in Oracle 8 (without spatial). It worked fine with OLE DB provider. Since I need to access some of the VARRAY fields, I choose OO4O as middleware. How can I speed up the process (retrieving the information). Is there any other method to read the VARRAY fields in OLE DB (ADO). Thanks in advance. ...

Connecting to External ODBC Database
I am considering using FileMaker Pro 9 (Mac) to connect to my MySQL server using the ODBC drivers from the MySQL community website. I have set up the ODBC source several times and keep running into problems related to the database name. If I do not specify the database name in the ODBC Administrator, FileMaker reports an ODBC error that "No Database Selected". If I do specify the database name in the ODBC Administrator, I can see all my tables fine. When I try to insert one, I get the error "Table dbname.dbname" doesn't exist. Anyone know how I can specify the database name correctly within ODBC/ FileMaker to make this work? Thanks, Tom Tom_Rossi <tom@themolehill.com> writes: > I am considering using FileMaker Pro 9 (Mac) to connect to my MySQL > server using the ODBC drivers from the MySQL community website. These drivers do not work. You need drivers provided by http://www.actualtechnologies.com/. Jens -- Free PlugIn for Regular Expressions with FileMaker: http://jensteich.de/regex-plugin/ On Apr 18, 1:45 pm, Jens Teich <spamt...@jensteich.de> wrote: > Tom_Rossi <t...@themolehill.com> writes: > > I am considering using FileMaker Pro 9 (Mac) to connect to my MySQL > > server using theODBCdrivers from the MySQL community website. > > These drivers do not work. You need drivers provided byhttp://www.actualtechnologies.com/. > > Jens > > -- > Free PlugIn for Regular Expressions wit...

Connecting Matlab and Visual Basic
Hi I have a Visual Basic dll file which I have created which is an ActiveX .dll. Which i have complied and registered . Public Number1 As Variant Public Number2 As Variant Function Add(Number1, Number2) Add = Number1 + Number2 End Function I make the dll and then register the same . Now i want to call this component which i have registed from Matlab . Could anyone tell me as how can i do the same . I tried calling this as an it actxserver but it gives me some error. Ilaiy On 9 Dec 2003 14:04:08 -0800, Ilaiy@hotmail.com (Ilaiyarasan) wrote: >Hi > >I h...

Visual Basic / Database Programmers...
Our associates are looking out for Visual Basic / Database Programmers in US and in few other countries. If you are looking for work, send email to jobsnow@indiatimes.com Madhav ...

ODBC Connection to a linked database
I'd like to set up an ODBC DSN to a table in a linked SQL Server, via my local SQL Server. I'm having a few problems: 1. When I use Enterprise Manager to link the remote SQL Server, it doesn't allow me to select the database in the remote server. It only shows one database. 2. When I use the Data Sources program to set up the ODBC DSN, it only shows databases in the local SQL Server, not in the linked one. If I try typing it in: [NAMEOFLINKEDSERVER].databasename - it tells me that it is an invalid table. Thats quite normal, but you are able to use the four part notation, whic...

Visual Basic/.asp connection
Are .asp pages on the internet written in visual basic? The code looks very much like it. Are there a few other options the .asp files could be written in, and how can i tell? I have a strange coding quirk, and i want to ask the right forum :) Thanks, jody On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:57:21 -0500, "Jody" <info@abaxcom.com> wrote: >Are .asp pages on the internet written in visual basic? The code looks very >much like it. Many are written in VBScript, which is somewhat like VB6 and VBA. You can also write ASP in JScript, or other languages (Perl, for example) if the exte...

odbc connection to a topspeed database.
does anyone know of, or how to, make an odbc connection to a topspeed database with php? Ryan; Although I am not completely sure, I beleive that you would need to get an ODBC driver from SoftVelocity. After that it would be the same as connecting to any ODBC compliant database. Please excuse me if I am incorrect here, I have never actually done this, but I beleive that is the case. James Neill ryan@flamesburn.com (Ryan) wrote in message news:<15de018e.0312231309.1b64b0fa@posting.google.com>... > does anyone know of, or how to, make an odbc connection to a topspeed > database w...

connect ODBC database from SAS
Hi All I have a question about connect ODBC from SAS. The table name in the ODBC database include some space like "abc.subject date" I use proc sql to pull out the data, but it seems SAS can not read a table with name including space. I don't have authority to change the ODBC, so does anyone have idea about it? Thank you very much! Jane Can someone help me to fix this problem, or provide me other idea to pull out data from ODBC? Thanks On 5/8/07, Jane <program.sas@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hi All > > I have a question about connect ODBC from SAS. The table n...

Visual Basic connecting to Excel
I'm trying to load data from Excel to SQL server using VB 6.0. I think I have most of the code but I ned to know how to register Microsoft Excel Object Library in VB as well as the file name and locations. I know the library exist because I use its methods all the time when programming in MS Access. Any kind of help is appreciated. Thanking you all in advance. -- Posted via http://dbforums.com You said "Any kind of help is appreciated", so here's an idea: Don't bother with VB6, just use DTS to import the file! If you *really* wanted to use VB, you could use it ...

Web resources about - Subscribing to/receiving events from a visual basic app (ODBC connection) - comp.databases.ingres

Non-subscribing Presbyterian Church of Ireland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Non-subscribing Presbyterian Church of Ireland derives its liberal Christian identity from those early 18th century Presbyterian ministers ...

ShoeDazzle's New CEO Tweaks Business to Make Subscribing Pinch Less
Six months after joining ShoeDazzle as CEO, Bill Strauss is making some changes that make signing up a little less of a commitment. The fairly ...

Subscribing On Sunday
Quite a while back, I wanted to create at the Dish a real online conversation about the last things and the first things – as well as the present ...

Follow FIFA Women's World Cup 2015 by subscribing to this Google Calendar
The Women's World Cup kicks off this Saturday, June 6, with the hosts Canada taking on China PR. While the first match of the tournament is always ...

Don’t bother subscribing, HBO wants you to use your friends’ HBO Go logins
Did you think you were getting away with something by saving $150 a year while using your friend's HBO Go login instead of subscribing to HBO ...

"Thank you for subscribing to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel! Please allow 48 hours for your account ...
... to register your account. You will then have complete digital access 7 days a week...." Ridiculous! I have been resisting subscribing to the ...

Subscribing to Apple Music doesn't mean you'll get all of the songs in iTunes
Apple updated its site for the Apple Music streaming service announced during Monday's WWDC event. The handy graphic you see below helps differentiate ...

Thank you for subscribing
Thank you for subscribing to the Channelnomics Newsletter. You should start receiving the emails within 7 days. If you experience any issues ...

Subscribing to save on e-books
New subscription plans and bundles cut the price for e-books. But readers may still be overpaying.

HBO Now International Users Subscribing With IP Runarounds Getting The Boot
While fans of HBO who didn’t want to sign up for a cable package to get every titillating, skin-baring moment on Game of Thrones (so basically, ...