"Can't find the wizard" error in Access

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions for this error...

Everything on my db was working fine (famous last words, I know).
And all of a sudden yesterday I started having an error regarding
Wizards.

It happens a couple of times.
First, when I attempted to use an add-in I have called Find and
Replace, I got an error message with the red 'X' saying "can't find the
wizard, or the wizard has not been installed, or there is a syntax
error in the Declarations section of a Visual Basic module".  It goes
on to say something about the libraries key in my windows registry, and
more.  I thought it was an error with the add-in, but then I got an
error while editing a form and attempting to click on the ellipsis
(...) on a control's field name.  This gave me a similar error, saying
"can't start the wizard, builder, or add-in".

I haven't done anything out of the ordinary, and everything was working
fine just the other day.

It compiles cleanly (didn't at first, but after a few tweaks, now
does).  I have the most recent version of Jet sql. (these are two
things mentioned in various forums).  If I go back to various older
versions of my db, it still happens, so I'm wondering if it's a problem
with my Access rather than with my database.

Any suggestions?  This is baffling me, and I hope it isn't too bad of a
scenario.

Thanks,
Lori

0
lorirobn (40)

Try doing a /DECOMPILE on it before recompiling /REPAIR /COMPACT is never
out of the way either

Pieter

lorirobn wrote:

> And all of a sudden yesterday I started having an error regarding
> Wizards.

> Any suggestions?

Be very, very thankful.

0
lylefairfield (1852)
3/14/2006 3:20:57 PM
JUST re-installed my add-in, on the suggestion of the developer, and
now everything works ok.  Phew.  Turns out the other problem I was
having was related to the add-in as well.

Thanks for the help...it's good to know about decompile, too, for the
future (developer suggested that as well).

Not sure what you meant about being thankful, but I certainly am, NOW.

Regards,
Lori

0
lorirobn (40)

Access 2010 Print Ribbon Error: "The expresion you entered has a function that Microsoft Access can't find"

Can't Add "Mode" to Quick Access Toolbar in MS-Access 2007
I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode at all. I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? On Jun 19, 10:10=A0am, Heather <mywor...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also > have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into > other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to > search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode > at all. > > I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I > can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? I still don't get it, but this appears to only be the case when I'm using a database that was created in an earlier version of Access. When I start a new 2007 database, I have full functionality. ...

"You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" (Access 2003)
Hi, All of a sudden one of our clients can't use her application. She gets "You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" when trying to open our application. The only thing she did today, according to her, was to download and install an Avery label wizard. She has rebooted and there are no other versions of Access running. The shortcut that launches the application does point to a version of Access (2003) because the installation wizard found an existing version on her PC. I believe it points to Office 11. Any ideas? -paulw Nevermind. She uninstalled the Avery Label Wizard and the problem went away! -paulw ...

Can't "mk CONF=9pcdisk" --> gives error "rc: #d/0: token '=': syntax error"
I'm in /sys/src/9/pc and I type `mk CONF=9pcdisk` and rc gives me the error "rc: #d/0: token '=': syntax error". Why is this? Just doing mk works fine (I think). Thanks! Plan9 looks very cool... just finished reading through intro (all of it). you're using backquotes, why? that would be `{mk CONF=3D9pcdisk} in rc's syntax. now to compile that kernel the syntax is: % mk 'CONF=3Dpcdisk' now are you sure you want a pcdisk?=20 On Jul 19, 2012, at 6:07 AM, kalaracey@gmail.com wrote: > I'm in /sys/src/9/pc and I type >=20 ...

Error Message: "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session"
I am getting the following error when I am trying to send a report as an email attachment "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session" On the knowledge base on the MS site it says that this will happen if you have installed Access 97 after installing MS Office 2000. However I haven't installed Access 97 on this machine. I am not using code for this, I am using the Mail as Attachment option from the file menu. Can anyone help me with this. TIA Stephen, Try opening the mail program before clicking on the "Mail as Attachment". I seem to remember this error having something to do with what is your default mail program. If you have Outlook listed as your default mail program you may need to change it to Outlook Express. Regards. "Stephen" <steph_mw@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3fb7fe31@news.comindico.com.au... > I am getting the following error when I am trying to send a report as an > email attachment > > "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session" > > On the knowledge base on the MS site it says that this will happen if you > have installed Access 97 after installing MS Office 2000. However I haven't > installed Access 97 on this machine. > > I am not using code for this, I am using the Mail as Attachment option from > the file menu. > > Can anyone help me with this. > > TIA > > --- This email from Barry Wright has been scanned using AVG 6.0 and...

"Simple" compiler error I can't find...
Double-posted to COMP.LANG.C.MODERATED and COMP.LANG.C++.MODERATED. I'm trying to compile some source code that came in a shareware package called SERUS221.ZIP and am receiving one error I just don't understand. I'm using TURBOC++ Ver. 3.0 running under DOS on a PC. TCC.EXE, the command-line compiler, can be run in either ANSI C or CPP mode, and I get slightly different errors depending on which mode I use. SERFACE.H is the single local "include" file; omitting some leading comments and trailing #define statements, here are its entire contents: /*--------------------------------------------------------------------- These are the prototypes for the interface functions in serface.c ---*/ unsigned S_Open ( char * devname , unsigned port , unsigned irq , char far * inbptr , unsigned inbord ); unsigned S_SetParms ( unsigned baud , unsigned data , unsigned stop , unsigned parity ); unsigned S_Close ( void ); unsigned S_SendChar ( char c ); int S_RecvChar ( void ); unsigned S_SetMode ( char mode ); /*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*/ SERDEMO.C is longer than 200 lines, but the error is related to SERFACE.H, so I'm not including it here. Here is the output from an ANSI C compile: C> TCC -A SERDEMO.C Compilation failed; errors were: Turbo C++ Version 3.00 Copyright (c) 1992 Borland International serdemo.c: Error serface.h 14: )...

How can I find all instances of "tblCFClientChanges" in an Access 97 database?
Mainly, I want to search the saved queries. I don't want to replace them. I just want to find them. MLH wrote: > Mainly, I want to search the saved queries. > I don't want to replace them. I just want to find them. Read this: http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/products.htm MLH wrote: > Mainly, I want to search the saved queries. > I don't want to replace them. I just want to find them. Read this: http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/products.htm failing that, you could loop through the SQL property of all your queries and use InStr and Replace and all that, bu...

"find"can't find?
I've found very funny situation with my matlab6.5. a=0:0.1:1 b=find(a==0.3) Then, ans is supposed to be 4, however, >>Empty matrix: 1-by-0 On Apr 4, 5:43 pm, "Seungyong " <jsyw...@gmaildot.com> wrote: > I've found very funny situation with my matlab6.5. > a=0:0.1:1 > b=find(a==0.3) > > Then, ans is supposed to be 4, however, > > >>Empty matrix: 1-by-0 This is a variation on a frequently asked question. The answer is simply that the decimal number 0.3 cannot be represented exactly in the double precision floating point arithmetic use...

xclock fail with "Error: Can't open display:" on "ssh -X"
I can ssh -X to a RHEL4 linux and a HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer from a FC6 linux computer. I can run xclock or xterm on the RHEL4 linux computer. However, running xclock or xterm on the HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer has these errors: bash-3.2# xclock Error: Can't open display: Error: Couldn't find per display information bash-3.2# xterm xterm Xt error: Can't open display: %s bash-3.2# sshd -version sshd: illegal option -- v OpenSSH_4.5p1+sftpfilecontrol-v1.1-hpn12v14, OpenSSL 0.9.7l 28 Sep 2006 HP-UX Secure Shell-A.04.50.021, HP-UX Secure Shell version Using "ssh -Y"...

xclock fail with "Error: Can't open display" on "ssh -X"
I can ssh -X to a RHEL4 linux and a HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer from a FC6 linux computer. I can run xclock or xterm on the RHEL4 linux computer. However, running xclock or xterm on the HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer has these errors: bash-3.2# xclock Error: Can't open display: Error: Couldn't find per display information bash-3.2# xterm xterm Xt error: Can't open display: %s bash-3.2# sshd -version sshd: illegal option -- v OpenSSH_4.5p1+sftpfilecontrol-v1.1-hpn12v14, OpenSSL 0.9.7l 28 Sep 2006 HP-UX Secure Shell-A.04.50.021, HP-UX Secure Shell version Using "ssh -Y" to login to the RHEL4 and HPUX computer get the same result. Please help so that I can run xclock or xterm on the HPUX computer. On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:34:57 -0800 (PST), TsanChung wrote: > I can ssh -X to a RHEL4 linux and a HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer > from a FC6 linux computer. > I can run > xclock or xterm > on the RHEL4 linux computer. > However, running > xclock or xterm > on the HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer has these errors: might try xhost +localhost ssh RHEL4.ip.here You may want to verify your hupx login script(s) does not hard code $DISPLAY On Jan 5, 9:01=A0pm, Bit Twister <BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com> wrote: > On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:34:57 -0800 (PST), TsanChung wrote: > > I can ssh -X to a RHEL4 linux and a HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer > > from a FC6 linux computer. > > I can run > > xclock or xterm &...

Runtime Error 2465: can't find the field "|" refered to in your expression
Hi, What the heck is that supposed to mean? I am getting this error on a "Me.Requery" line in a subroutine on a form, but only when I select something from a combo/dropdown box. The *exact* same code is run when I do other things (like press the Save button or tab through that control). I have searched every control, involved queries and tables and I can't find anything that looks fishy. Any ideas? -pw Good night, Paul! This could be several things. What event are you doing this in? A requery could trigger a chain of events that actually fails somewhere. For example, if you are doing this in the KeyDown event of a text box, Access has to trigger the controls' Change, BeforeUpdate and AfterUpdate events, and the BeforeUpdate event of the form before it can save the record before it can perform the requery, which will trigger the form's Current event, and probably the Exit and Enter events of the controls. If anything at all fails in that chain, the message gets passed back up the chain and you often get a weirdly inappropriate message as a result. To avoid the problem, you may need to move the code into a more appropriate event. I find it also helps to pin down where the error really lies if you explicitly save the record first, e.g. If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False Another possible cause of Access's confusion about the names of things is Name AutoCorrect. Disable it, and compact the database. More info: http://allenbrown...

error: linking mysql tables (odbc) from ms-access: "Could not find installable ISAM"
I have been connecting to mysql tables from ms-access vba through odbc [MySQL] [ODBC 3.51 Driver] connection string and everything is ok. when I try to create a permanent link to mysql tables from ms-access menu > file > get external data > ODBC > user dsn, I get: =93ODBC call failed=94 error. when I try to create a permanent link from ms-access VBA ADOX, I get: "Could not find installable ISAM". when I search ISAM error I found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209805/EN-= US/ article attributing error cause to unregistered dll, I have followed the 2 rec...

Error
Why does the code below give me this error? What can I do to fix it? /people3.rb:4:in `+': can't convert nil into String (TypeError) om C:/Ruby192/people3.rb:4:in `to_s' class Person attr_accessor :fname, :lname, :age def to_s "hi " + @fname + ", " + @lname end end Thanks PR -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Sep 29, 12:03=A0am, Paul Roche <prpaulro...@gmail.com> wrote: > Why does the code below give me this error? What can I do to fix it? > > /people3.rb:4:in `+': can't convert nil into String (...

Error "can not find channel named 'stderr'"
Hello out there, please help me figure this one out: - I deliver a Tcl based app in form of a shared lib (DLL) - It is Tcl only (no Tk) and there is no use of stdin, stdout or stderr whatsoever. All works well (of course :) ) - I can call into this DLL from a console app or from a GUI app. But now a customer reports, that calling my initialisation function produces the error message cited above. It turns out, that they are calling into my DLL from an OLE-server - never yet met such a beast. Worse, they supplied me with a stripped-down version of their server and their client which they claim exhibits this behaviour - only it doesn't on my machine. Grepping thru Tcl's sources I found that the message is generated by Tcl_GetChannel (file tclio.c). Now the $1,000,000 question(s): - Why does Tcl check for these channels if none of them is ever used/needed ? (Probable answer: It does it always at init time, since they are, well, standard.) - Under what circumstances could such a call fail (considering that using the DLL from a GUI app works without - being on Windows - having stdin/stdout/stderr in this case). - Could I just (tell them to) ignore this error and continue? Or: Where would I have to change the sources to be able to safely ignore it? Any ideas, suggestions etc. will be highly appreciated. Helmut Giese * hgiese@ratiosoft.com (Helmut Giese) | - Under what circumstances could such a call fail (considering that | using the DLL from a GUI app works without - be...

Windows user can't access some files burned using Toast with "Mac & PC" option
I burned a CD for my dad using Toast 6.0.1 and the Data/Mac & PC option on my iBook G4 running OS X 10.3.8. When my dad tries to use the CD in his Windows XP box, he sees only truncated names of files that had long names (very long...more than 32 characters for sure, but less than 70 characters) and can't seem to get Windows to do anything with those files. He's tried using Windows Explorer and command line stuff, but nothing works. The files just aren't recognized. He doesn't know anything about Macs and I don't know enough about PCs to diagnose the problem over the ph...

Strawman: Is MS Access a "database"?
I would argue that it is not. JET is a desktop DB engine. Sybase is a database Oracle is a database DB2 is a database. VB 6 is a front-end development tool. PowerBuilder is a front-end development tool. MS Access is a front end devlopment tool. --------------------------------------- What's got me going on this is that I keep hearing statements like "What! you're running a mission-critical application out of an Access database?" Or the latest, to the effect of, "Well, sure the app has been working a-ok for the past five years, but would you want people reading in th...

renaming "Exit Access" command to "Exit" in Access 2007

Forget "Why Can't Johnny Read?" ... Why Can't Eudora Read?
I have a script which writes a MIME-formatted email containing both text and HTML. It works perfectly with all email clients with the exception of the free version of Eudora. As many of you no doubt are aware, a multipart/alternative email is constructed with two or more parts: (1) text for mail clients unable to read HTML and (2) HTML. Eudora is one of the clients which cannot read HTML. So does it read the text version of the multipart/alternative email? Of course not. It tries to read the 2nd part which is the HTML and fails ... thus displaying a table as if it were text. Eudora liter...

Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000". Can't be "read".
Yesterday, ALL code in python work and nothing when I close(finish) a code. Today, when I close, some raise this windows error : Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000". Can't be "read". Click on "OK" to exit program. Why this error, today and not before today? Askari Askari wrote: > Yesterday, ALL code in python work and nothing when I close(finish) a code. > Today, when I close, some raise this windows error : > > Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000". Can't be &...

MS Access 2.0 "reserved error -1302 There is no message for this error"
Hi, Folks! I am trying to resurrect a copy of MS Access 2.0 (MS Office 4.3) under WFW v3.11. I cannot start up Access because of a couple of error messages (paraphrased): 1. Opening Access: "Cannot open SYSTEM.MDA, file exclusively locked" 2. When I try to join SYSTEM.MDA in Workgroup Administrator it goes through okay but Access comes up with the same error message. 3. When trying to create a new SYSTEM.MDA file in Workgroup Administrator: "Reserved Error (-1302)..." What the Fudge!?! Does anyone know what's going on? Does anyone know how it can be fixed? A...

error message; microsoft access can't find the field 'ToggleLink' referred to in your expression
i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway. how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks grahamwarren2009@googlemail.com wrote: > i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the > above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway. > how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks Do you have access to the code. If so, open up a code module for the form and do a CTRL+F and search your code for references to ToggleLink. Perhaps it was a field that existed but was renamed or removed but something is still referring to it. On 14 Mar, 20:45, Salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote: > grahamwarren2...@googlemail.com wrote: > > i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the > > above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway. > > how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks > > Do you have access to the code. =A0If so, open up a code module for the > form and do a CTRL+F and search your code for references to ToggleLink. > =A0 =A0 =A0Perhaps it was a field that existed but was renamed or removed= but > something is still referring to it. Tried that sorry, can't see what ToggleLink refers to. Is there any way I can get someone to look at file and play with it to try and fix? (It's about 42MB but don't know why it...

Why can't "define" double as "set!"?
hi Is there any good reason that "define" shouldn't double as "set!"? dillogimp@gmail.com wrote: > Is there any good reason that "define" shouldn't double as "set!"? Yes: DEFINE defines variables, SET! changes the values of (defined) variables: (set! x 1) => wrong! (define x 0) (set! x 1) x => 1 Some interpreters may implicitly define variables when you try to set! them for the first time, thereby making DEFINE and SET! /appear/ to be the same. -- Nils M Holm <n m h @ t 3 x . o r g> -- http://t3x.org/nmh/ On Thu, 5 Apr 200...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

Error 2465 "Access cannot find the field..."
Just thought I'd share my experience today with this error message. I received it when doing an .update on a recordset .add. The fieldname that the error message included wasn't even in the table that I was updating, so I was kind of lost. Eventually, I discovered a required field in the table that I wasn't setting in the .add. When that was corrected the error message cleared. ...

Web resources about - "Can't find the wizard" error in Access - comp.databases.ms-access