????? Error: -2147467259 Method 'Visible' of object 'ComandBar' failed!

Hi folks,

I have an Access 2003 app that works perfectly on my computer.
However, when we install it on OTHER computers that ALSO have access
2003 we get an error on startup:

Error: -2147467259 Method 'Visible' of object 'ComandBar' failed!

At this point, I am stumped.  Anyone have a clue why this is
happening?
0
nospam21 (19047)

Lauren Wilson wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have an Access 2003 app that works perfectly on my computer.
> However, when we install it on OTHER computers that ALSO have access
> 2003 we get an error on startup:
>
> Error: -2147467259 Method 'Visible' of object 'ComandBar' failed!
>
> At this point, I am stumped.  Anyone have a clue why this is
> happening?
0
me2968 (1474)
1/23/2006 9:08:55 PM
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:08:55 GMT, MGFoster <me@privacy.com> wrote:

>Did you spell CommandBar correctly (there are 2 m's)?
>
>Do you have a Reference to Microsoft Office 11.0 Object library?  This
>is in the VBA window, menu item Tools > References... .  The CommandBar
>is an item in the Office Object library.  It may not be installed on the
>other computers.

Actually, all these were OK.  I figured it out.  Like a moron, I
decided to remove the Startup form reference to the App main menu.  I
THOUGHT I could do this because my code already enables and shows the
menu during the close event of the title form.  Apparently, if the
main menu is not referenced in the startup form, the command bar
object code cannot find it.  That makes no sense to me but after I
replaced the missing Startup form "Default Menu" entry with the name
of the App main menu, the whole thing worked right again.  Go figure!
0
nospam21 (19047)