"Microsoft Access has stopped working"

Hi,

Win7 64-bit, Access 2010 32-bit.

A client reported this last week and the good thing (I suppose) is
that I can duplicate the error on my PC (usually).

I have a form  with a third-party ActiveX calendar on it.  Here is how
I can usually make Access crash to the desktop with the message in the
subject line (then Access restarts prompting me for a backup
location).

I open up the room calendar and leave it open.  I can click on it,
scroll, rebuild it, whatever.  I then open up a particular form (it
seems to be the only one that is causing the crash).  I save a record,
close the form.  Then when I click back on the calendar form, it
usually crashes Access.

I have tried to go into debug mode for both forms but nothing.  I
don't even get the chance to step through anything.

I feel helpless to fix this!  There doesn't seem to be anything I can
do to try and solve the problem.  I contacted the vendor of the
calendar control and they have no idea what the problem is.  No
reports of this happening to any of their clients.

I looked at the Windows event log and it lists this error:  Faulting
application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 14.0.6024.1000, time stamp:
0x4d83e4fc Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725,
time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f Exception code: 0xc0000005

I can't find anything on the web about that error message that seems
appropriate (or really anything at all).

This is happening on my PC, 3 of a clients PC, and other client
versions with the calendar control.

I will take any suggestions! :-)

Thanks,

-paulw
comp.databases.ms-access 42605 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Update - I don't even have to click on the calendar form.  Sometimes
if I close the other form, Access Crashes.

And a compact and repair did not help.

*-----

On Monday, February 4, 2013 7:11:56 PM UTC-5, PW wrote:
> Hi, Win7 64-bit, Access 2010 32-bit. A client reported this last week and=
 the good thing (I suppose) is that I can duplicate the error on my PC (usu=
ally). I have a form with a third-party ActiveX calendar on it. Here is how=
 I can usually make Access crash to the desktop with the message in the sub=
ject line (then Access restarts prompting me for a backup location). I open=
 up the room calendar and leave it open. I can click on it, scroll, rebuild=
 it, whatever. I then open up a particular form (it seems to be the only on=
e that is causing the crash). I save a record, close the form. Then when I =
click back on the calendar form, it usually crashes Access. I have tried to=
 go into debug mode for both forms but nothing. I don't even get the chance=
 to step through anything. I feel helpless to fix this! There doesn't seem =
to be anything I can do to try and solve the problem. I contacted the vendo=
r of the calendar control and they have no idea what the problem is. No rep=
orts of this happening to any of their clients. I looked at the Windows eve=
nt log and it lists this error: Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, ve=
rsion: 14.0.6024.1000, time stamp: 0x4d83e4fc Faulting module name: ntdll.d=
ll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f Exception code: 0xc0000=
005 I can't find anything on the web about that error message that seems ap=
propriate (or really anything at all). This is happening on my PC, 3 of a c=
lients PC, and other client versions with the calendar control. I will take=
 any suggestions! :-) Thanks, -paulw

Paul,

This seems like a very strange solution but it may be worth a try:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/isvvba/thread/99a68e98-d9b7-448f=
-bc94-d06e994e9ec3

The above link says to turn off "Send to Bluetooth" but further down in the=
 thread the OP suggests that opening and closing the .COM addin window was =
sufficient to fix it.

Stan
On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 07:59:54 -0800 (PST), Aikistan
<stan.mitchell1@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, February 4, 2013 7:11:56 PM UTC-5, PW wrote:
>> Hi, Win7 64-bit, Access 2010 32-bit. A client reported this last week and the good thing (I suppose) is that I can duplicate the error on my PC (usually). I have a form with a third-party ActiveX calendar on it. Here is how I can usually make Access crash to the desktop with the message in the subject line (then Access restarts prompting me for a backup location). I open up the room calendar and leave it open. I can click on it, scroll, rebuild it, whatever. I then open up a particular form (it seems to be the only one that is causing the crash). I save a record, close the form. Then when I click back on the calendar form, it usually crashes Access. I have tried to go into debug mode for both forms but nothing. I don't even get the chance to step through anything. I feel helpless to fix this! There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to try and solve the problem. I contacted the vendor of the calendar control and they have no idea what the problem is. No reports of this happening
>to any of their clients. I looked at the Windows event log and it lists this error: Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 14.0.6024.1000, time stamp: 0x4d83e4fc Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f Exception code: 0xc0000005 I can't find anything on the web about that error message that seems appropriate (or really anything at all). This is happening on my PC, 3 of a clients PC, and other client versions with the calendar control. I will take any suggestions! :-) Thanks, -paulw
>
>Paul,
>
>This seems like a very strange solution but it may be worth a try:
>
>http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/isvvba/thread/99a68e98-d9b7-448f-bc94-d06e994e9ec3
>
>The above link says to turn off "Send to Bluetooth" but further down in the thread the OP suggests that opening and closing the .COM addin window was sufficient to fix it.
>
>Stan

I saw that post.  But I do not have a "Send to Bluetooth" entry.  Only
#401 which is used for Pocket Access, Access 9, SQL Server 7.  But
it's not checked any way.

Thanks.

-paul
On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 07:59:54 -0800 (PST), Aikistan
<stan.mitchell1@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, February 4, 2013 7:11:56 PM UTC-5, PW wrote:
>> Hi, Win7 64-bit, Access 2010 32-bit. A client reported this last week and the good thing (I suppose) is that I can duplicate the error on my PC (usually). I have a form with a third-party ActiveX calendar on it. Here is how I can usually make Access crash to the desktop with the message in the subject line (then Access restarts prompting me for a backup location). I open up the room calendar and leave it open. I can click on it, scroll, rebuild it, whatever. I then open up a particular form (it seems to be the only one that is causing the crash). I save a record, close the form. Then when I click back on the calendar form, it usually crashes Access. I have tried to go into debug mode for both forms but nothing. I don't even get the chance to step through anything. I feel helpless to fix this! There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to try and solve the problem. I contacted the vendor of the calendar control and they have no idea what the problem is. No reports of this happening
>to any of their clients. I looked at the Windows event log and it lists this error: Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 14.0.6024.1000, time stamp: 0x4d83e4fc Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f Exception code: 0xc0000005 I can't find anything on the web about that error message that seems appropriate (or really anything at all). This is happening on my PC, 3 of a clients PC, and other client versions with the calendar control. I will take any suggestions! :-) Thanks, -paulw
>
>Paul,
>
>This seems like a very strange solution but it may be worth a try:
>
>http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/isvvba/thread/99a68e98-d9b7-448f-bc94-d06e994e9ec3
>
>The above link says to turn off "Send to Bluetooth" but further down in the thread the OP suggests that opening and closing the .COM addin window was sufficient to fix it.
>
>Stan

Access is still crashing after opening and closing the .COMM addin
window.

The problem with these "solutions" is that I am not having any problem
opening up the VBA editor.  No problem with corruption of my code,
etc....

It is something else.

Thanks,

-paulw
On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 17:11:56 -0700, PW
<emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Win7 64-bit, Access 2010 32-bit.
>
>A client reported this last week and the good thing (I suppose) is
>that I can duplicate the error on my PC (usually).
>
>I have a form  with a third-party ActiveX calendar on it.  Here is how
>I can usually make Access crash to the desktop with the message in the
>subject line (then Access restarts prompting me for a backup
>location).
>
>I open up the room calendar and leave it open.  I can click on it,
>scroll, rebuild it, whatever.  I then open up a particular form (it
>seems to be the only one that is causing the crash).  I save a record,
>close the form.  Then when I click back on the calendar form, it
>usually crashes Access.
>
>I have tried to go into debug mode for both forms but nothing.  I
>don't even get the chance to step through anything.
>
>I feel helpless to fix this!  There doesn't seem to be anything I can
>do to try and solve the problem.  I contacted the vendor of the
>calendar control and they have no idea what the problem is.  No
>reports of this happening to any of their clients.
>
>I looked at the Windows event log and it lists this error:  Faulting
>application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 14.0.6024.1000, time stamp:
>0x4d83e4fc Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725,
>time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f Exception code: 0xc0000005
>
>I can't find anything on the web about that error message that seems
>appropriate (or really anything at all).
>
>This is happening on my PC, 3 of a clients PC, and other client
>versions with the calendar control.
>
>I will take any suggestions! :-)
>
>Thanks,
>
>-paulw

This morning Access stopped working with this error in the event log.
I can find nothing relevent by Googling:

Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 14.0.6024.1000, time
stamp: 0x4d83e4fc
Faulting module name: kernel32.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18015, time
stamp: 0x50b83c89
Exception code: 0xc00000fd

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/accessdev/thread/cf61e996-94ea-4efc-bfe1-a8ccf3bf2048
On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:45:16 PM UTC-5, Aikistan wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:37:53 PM UTC-5, PW wrote: > Not sure if =
this is relevant or if you've already seen it but I found the below after s=
earching for just the 0x4d83e4fc (the common item in your two errors). http=
://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/accessdev/thread/cf61e996-94ea-4e=
fc-bfe1-a8ccf3bf2048

If not, see if you can find common factors between your errors and the clie=
nt's.  That may shed some light.  The fact that these are happening all wit=
hin the same week on different PCs is another clue...but I don't know what =
it means.  Was there a Windows update recently that could have affected all=
 the PCs, anyone?
On 06/02/2013 21:48:31, Aikistan wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:45:16 PM UTC-5, Aikistan wrote:
>> On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:37:53 PM UTC-5, PW wrote: > Not sure if
> this is relevant or if you've already seen it but I found the below after
> s earching for just the 0x4d83e4fc (the common item in your two errors).
> > http
>://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/accessdev/thread/cf61e996-94ea-4e
> http fc-bfe1-a8ccf3bf2048
>
> If not, see if you can find common factors between your errors and the
> clie nt's. That may shed some light. The fact that these are happening all
> wit hin the same week on different PCs is another clue...but I don't know
> what it means. Was there a Windows update recently that could have
> affected all the PCs, anyone?

I have been having troube over the last week. Tried opening one db and it
increased in size from about 35Mb to 900,000Mb before system recorces wer
exceeded.

Decompile seems to work (I use a batch file)

Phil
0
phil (1005)
2/6/2013 10:19:55 PM
On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 13:48:35 -0800 (PST), Aikistan
<stan.mitchell1@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:45:16 PM UTC-5, Aikistan wrote:
>> On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:37:53 PM UTC-5, PW wrote: > Not sure if this is relevant or if you've already seen it but I found the below after searching for just the 0x4d83e4fc (the common item in your two errors). http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/accessdev/thread/cf61e996-94ea-4efc-bfe1-a8ccf3bf2048
>
>If not, see if you can find common factors between your errors and the client's.  That may shed some light.  The fact that these are happening all within the same week on different PCs is another clue...but I don't know what it means.  Was there a Windows update recently that could have affected all the PCs, anyone?

It's been happening since Access 2003 I think (but also now with
2010). It is just that one client has started to do things differently
than others, or us.

But now, sometimes if I just click on the form with the ActiveX/COM
calendar on it, it will crash Access.  No other forms need to be open.
And it happens for all forms with the control on it.  But sometimes I
need to have another form open also along with a calendar form to make
Access Crash.  Sometimes it doesn't with the exact same conditions.
Very frustrating!

I changed my UAC setting to normal from the next notch down so now the
event viewer is logging a different error.

The vendor for the control has no idea what the solution could be.

Thanks!

-paulw
On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 22:19:55 GMT, "Phil" <phil@stantonfamily.co.uk>
wrote:

>On 06/02/2013 21:48:31, Aikistan wrote:
>> On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:45:16 PM UTC-5, Aikistan wrote:
>>> On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:37:53 PM UTC-5, PW wrote: > Not sure if
>> this is relevant or if you've already seen it but I found the below after
>> s earching for just the 0x4d83e4fc (the common item in your two errors).
>> > http
>>://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/accessdev/thread/cf61e996-94ea-4e
>> http fc-bfe1-a8ccf3bf2048
>>
>> If not, see if you can find common factors between your errors and the
>> clie nt's. That may shed some light. The fact that these are happening all
>> wit hin the same week on different PCs is another clue...but I don't know
>> what it means. Was there a Windows update recently that could have
>> affected all the PCs, anyone?
>>

>I have been having troube over the last week. Tried opening one db and it
>increased in size from about 35Mb to 900,000Mb before system recorces wer
>exceeded.
>
>Decompile seems to work (I use a batch file)
>
>Phil

Holy Cow!

I saw suggestions on doing a decompile but I have no problem getting
into VBA or design mode.  That is what they all seemed to be about.
On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 13:45:16 -0800 (PST), Aikistan
<stan.mitchell1@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:37:53 PM UTC-5, PW wrote:
>> Not sure if this is relevant or if you've already seen it but I found the below after searching for just the 0x4d83e4fc (the common item in your two errors).
>
>http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/accessdev/thread/cf61e996-94ea-4efc-bfe1-a8ccf3bf2048

But I am not getting an error with VBE7.dll and surely Windows Update
must have downloaded the fix since 2011.

Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 14.0.6024.1000, time
stamp: 0x4d83e4fc
Faulting module name: kernel32.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18015, time
stamp: 0x50b83c89
Exception code: 0xc00000fd

Is my current problem.

Thanks.

-paulw
Well, in my experience errors of this type come from either rubbish
memory management or incorrect API implementation. I am guessing the
control was probably written in C of some flavour.

The error code 0xC00000FD means STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW (defined in
ntstatus.h). There are many reasons for the exception. Basically it
is due to the damaged state of the stack of the thread.

This is either in my opinion an API your app is calling incorrectly,
or more likely the control is mucking up. The only way to really get
to the bottom of it is to do a system stack / trace dump and analyse
it. This is a hell of a lot of work.

Simpler I think to replace the control with another and if pain
persists take a dump. :-) This is probably not worth getting to the
bottom of.

--
Cheers

The Frog
On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 22:50:44 +1100, The Frog
<Mr.frog.to.you@googlemail.com> wrote:

>Well, in my experience errors of this type come from either rubbish
>memory management or incorrect API implementation. I am guessing the
>control was probably written in C of some flavour.

I bet you are right.

>The error code 0xC00000FD means STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW (defined in
>ntstatus.h). There are many reasons for the exception. Basically it
>is due to the damaged state of the stack of the thread.

I saw that when googling last night.

>This is either in my opinion an API your app is calling incorrectly,
>or more likely the control is mucking up.

I just place the control on a form and write code to fill the
calendar.  I think the problem is on their end (dbi-tech) and they
don't have any Access people working for them so I don't see how they
can or will resolve this.

> The only way to really get
>to the bottom of it is to do a system stack / trace dump and analyse
>it. This is a hell of a lot of work.

That is what I read.

>Simpler I think to replace the control with another and if pain
>persists take a dump. :-) This is probably not worth getting to the
>bottom of.

Well, it took months for me to figure out how to program the control
and come up with our calendars.  We need a special format to them.  I
found a couple other calendars but they are like the Outlook calendar
(squares) and that will not work.

I do need to get this resolved.  Our clients depend on our calendars.

Thanks!

-paulw
On 07/02/2013 16:40:48, PW wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 22:50:44 +1100, The Frog
> <Mr.frog.to.you@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>>Well, in my experience errors of this type come from either rubbish
>>memory management or incorrect API implementation. I am guessing the
>>control was probably written in C of some flavour.
>>

> I bet you are right.
>
>>The error code 0xC00000FD means STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW (defined in
>>ntstatus.h). There are many reasons for the exception. Basically it
>>is due to the damaged state of the stack of the thread.
>>

> I saw that when googling last night.
>
>>This is either in my opinion an API your app is calling incorrectly,
>>or more likely the control is mucking up.
>
> I just place the control on a form and write code to fill the
> calendar.  I think the problem is on their end (dbi-tech) and they
> don't have any Access people working for them so I don't see how they
> can or will resolve this.
>
>> The only way to really get
>>to the bottom of it is to do a system stack / trace dump and analyse
>>it. This is a hell of a lot of work.
>>

> That is what I read.
>
>>Simpler I think to replace the control with another and if pain
>>persists take a dump. :-) This is probably not worth getting to the
>>bottom of.
>
> Well, it took months for me to figure out how to program the control
> and come up with our calendars.  We need a special format to them.  I
> found a couple other calendars but they are like the Outlook calendar
> (squares) and that will not work.
>
> I do need to get this resolved.  Our clients depend on our calendars.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -paulw

Don't know what you're after, but there's an example of a celendar at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/philofwaltonspics/

either enter information directly or extract it from Google calendar

Phil
0
phil (1005)
2/7/2013 6:40:45 PM
Phil that is a great calendar. Brilliant in fact. Did you craft this?
That is absolutely top notch.

--
Cheers

The Frog
>Don't know what you're after, but there's an example of a celendar at
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/philofwaltonspics/
>
>either enter information directly or extract it from Google calendar
>
>Phil

Great looking calendar, but it is still traditional "squares".  The
client would not be able to see everything going on for the day at
once (unless there were scroll bars for each day but that would be a
pain).

Oh, I do see each day has a record selector.

Like this:  http://www.williamsonenterprises.com/lgalleryforms.htm

Second thumbnail page, third one (6th picture total) which is a
simplified version of what the room calendar looks like now (I need to
update that image!) but not with alot of data in it.  Basic premise
though.  Rooms, resources, employees, etc.... on the left with related
timebars to their right for either dates or time.

Thanks Phil!

Did you do that calendar in Access?

-paul
Looks a lot like a Gannt chart, often used in project management. Is
the calendar you use 'live' or just a static display of already
entered data. Can users edit data directly in the calendar?

--
Cheers

The Frog
On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:55:04 +1100, The Frog
<Mr.frog.to.you@googlemail.com> wrote:

>Looks a lot like a Gannt chart, often used in project management.

Yep!  I can even have lines drawn between timebars but I don't
understand why.  Over my head.
http://www.dbi-tech.com/ProductPage_SolutionsSchedule.aspx

>Is
>the calendar you use 'live' or just a static display of already
>entered data. Can users edit data directly in the calendar?

Static data.  Well, other users could be entering in related data but
the calendar would have to be refreshed to reflect the changes.

But that is not what is happening on my PC.  Just me testing the
calendars.

I can have a calendar open with another form that doesn't use any of
the tables that the calendar uses (employee calendar+ dog entry form)
and if I press the save button on the non-calendar form, then click
the calendar it will crash Access.

It doesn't matter if I open up the code ACCDB with the shift key, run
the ACCDB, or ACCDR.

Back to the ntdll.dll error from the kernal error now!

Faulting application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 14.0.6024.1000, time
stamp: 0x4d83e4fc
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp:
0x4ec49b8f
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x000221ef
Faulting process id: 0x103c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce058f0bf1fbdc
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
Office\Office14\MSACCESS.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 02b1ad1d-7184-11e2-8ca3-00252242c92e

DBI has been great with their support.  Working their butts off but
they can't recreate the crashing!  I am going to send them a ACCDB
(data and code) with a calendar and a form and see if it crashes
there.

But Access crashes on my PC, my wife's, four PCs at a client site, and
with other versions.

Aaaaargh!

Thanks,

-paulw
I'm guessing now that the tools / controls GDI calls are up the
pooper and thats not something you can fix.

My suggestion is to swap it with a Gannt chart as a report. If you're
not using it to enter data then dump the control and use a report you
can contain completely in Access. I imagine some of our long term
gurus have a way of achieving that. If not we could pull some
techniques from Excel and VBA and bend them to the task at hand.

--
Cheers

The Frog
On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:55:04 +1100, The Frog
<Mr.frog.to.you@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Can users edit data directly in the calendar?

Oops.  Yes, if I could figure it out (I have not taken the time yet).
They would have to draw a timebar and I would have to make that work.
However, drag and drop is not available in the Access GUI (not
possible to take a timebar and move it to another slot).  I guess I
could make it so after the user creates a timebar for a room
assignment for a particular date range, I could bring up the client
form if the client doesn't exist or reservation form if the client
does exist - so they could enter data there.  And then refresh the
calendar.

I made it so when the user clicks on a time bar, the room and
reservation information appear up top (I could not get the tooltip
feature to work - most likely me!).  And they can double-click on a
timebar and go to the reservation.

I've done lots of color coding for various things (like payment is
due, deposit received, reservation confirmed, etc....) and also have
used various hash bars to signify other things or events.

And a bunch of other calendars for different things like resources
assigned and available, employee schedules, etc...

-paulw
On 07/02/2013 21:45:04, PW wrote:

>>Don't know what you're after, but there's an example of a celendar at
>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/philofwaltonspics/
>>
>>either enter information directly or extract it from Google calendar
>>
>>Phil
>
> Great looking calendar, but it is still traditional "squares".  The
> client would not be able to see everything going on for the day at
> once (unless there were scroll bars for each day but that would be a
> pain).
>
> Oh, I do see each day has a record selector.
>
> Like this:  http://www.williamsonenterprises.com/lgalleryforms.htm
>
> Second thumbnail page, third one (6th picture total) which is a
> simplified version of what the room calendar looks like now (I need to
> update that image!) but not with alot of data in it.  Basic premise
> though.  Rooms, resources, employees, etc.... on the left with related
> timebars to their right for either dates or time.
>
> Thanks Phil!
>
> Did you do that calendar in Access?
>
> -paul

Actually the calendar consists of 42 subforms (1 for each day) but only the
28, 30 or 31 days show.

Double click on the yellow date to get an hourly calendat up
Double click on the event to get a more detailed event form up. That is where
you add new records. In fact as I mentioned, it is used as a method of
printing formatted reports from Google Calendar. Great fun unscrambling
Google Calendars output file so that I could import it into the database.

Bit more stuff on the http://www.flickr.com/photos/philofwaltonspics/ link

Phil
0
phil (1005)
2/8/2013 5:51:32 PM
On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 17:11:56 -0700, PW
<emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Win7 64-bit, Access 2010 32-bit.
>
>A client reported this last week and the good thing (I suppose) is
>that I can duplicate the error on my PC (usually).
>
>I have a form  with a third-party ActiveX calendar on it.  Here is how
>I can usually make Access crash to the desktop with the message in the
>subject line (then Access restarts prompting me for a backup
>location).
>
>I open up the room calendar and leave it open.  I can click on it,
>scroll, rebuild it, whatever.  I then open up a particular form (it
>seems to be the only one that is causing the crash).  I save a record,
>close the form.  Then when I click back on the calendar form, it
>usually crashes Access.
>
>I have tried to go into debug mode for both forms but nothing.  I
>don't even get the chance to step through anything.
>
>I feel helpless to fix this!  There doesn't seem to be anything I can
>do to try and solve the problem.  I contacted the vendor of the
>calendar control and they have no idea what the problem is.  No
>reports of this happening to any of their clients.
>
>I looked at the Windows event log and it lists this error:  Faulting
>application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 14.0.6024.1000, time stamp:
>0x4d83e4fc Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725,
>time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f Exception code: 0xc0000005
>
>I can't find anything on the web about that error message that seems
>appropriate (or really anything at all).
>
>This is happening on my PC, 3 of a clients PC, and other client
>versions with the calendar control.
>
>I will take any suggestions! :-)
>
>Thanks,
>
>-paulw

I made a sample database with one calendar form and one regular
unrelated form and sent it to DBI (who's ActiveX calendars were
causing Access to crash).  They were, thankfully, able to reproduce my
problem. Opening up a calendar form first, then another form then back
to the calendar form would crash Access.

They have no idea what is going on but are guessing that it might have
something to do with the OLEContainer used in Access, and focus.  They
are still baffled.  And they experienced the same strange behaviours
that I was experiencing (like commenting out the code in the New,
Save, Close, Delete, Print buttons would not crash Access).

They worked their butts off and I will nost likely be renewing my
annual support agreement.

They are still researching what the heck the problem is but they
offered a temporary solution (which is working so far!!!!!):

In the calendar form, toggle the Enabled property of the calendar
control by using the Activate and Deactivate properties).  I don't
think I've ever used those before.

YeeHaw!!!

-paulw
Would you consider your issue with this control handled for now?

--
Cheers

The Frog
On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:41:13 +1100, The Frog
<Mr.frog.to.you@googlemail.com> wrote:

>Would you consider your issue with this control handled for now?

Yes, until I get client confirmation(s) this week.  And I should have
said that the Activate/Deactivate properties are form properties, not
control properties.  Never used them before.

I just got all 6 of our fancy calendars working w/o crashing Access. I
cannot believe that other clients are not reporting this problem.  I
guess they do things differently (like close all calendars before
opening other forms?  Got me!).

DBI is still doing research on WTH is going on since I guess I am the
only one out of hundreds(?) of their clients that reported this. But
their "temporary" resolution seems to be working.  In a week or so, I
should know for sure.

Leave it to me! :-)

Thanks for checking in!

-paulw
On Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:21:58 PM UTC-5, PW wrote:

> Yes, until I get client confirmation(s) this week.  And I should have
>
> said that the Activate/Deactivate properties are form properties, not
>
> control properties.  Never used them before.

Excellent news!  Sorry my guesses weren't more helpful but it's great that the vendor is working with you.  I'm used to seeing the finger-pointing circle, instead.

Stan
On Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:21:58 PM UTC-5, PW wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:41:13 +1100, The Frog
> <Mr.frog. wrote:
>=20
> >Would you consider your issue with this control handled for now?
>=20
> Yes, until I get client confirmation(s) this week.  And I should have
>=20
Excellent news!  It's great that the vendor is working with you.  Sorry my =
guesses weren't more helpful but I'd discounted the application being to bl=
ame, since it had been working fine before.  Very strange that it happened =
suddenly and that they were still able to replicate it.

Stan
On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:57:32 -0800 (PST), Aikistan
<stan.mitchell1@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:21:58 PM UTC-5, PW wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:41:13 +1100, The Frog
>> <Mr.frog. wrote:
>>
>> >Would you consider your issue with this control handled for now?
>>
>> Yes, until I get client confirmation(s) this week.  And I should have
>>
>Excellent news!  It's great that the vendor is working with you.  Sorry my guesses weren't more helpful but I'd discounted the application being to blame, since it had been working fine before.  Very strange that it happened suddenly and that they were still able to replicate it.
>
>Stan

Finger pointing is what they have done in the past.  They must have
some new blood there.  But to be honest, they were probably right at
times.  It is nice to see that they have someone that knows VBA and
Access now.

I did not expect them to be able to duplicate the issue!  So relieved!

I am waiting for the client that reported the problem to tell us that
it is fixed.  I cannot wait!  It is very weird that other clients have
not reported the same issue, because I can make it happen on their
versions.  At least the crashes seem consistant, because that helps
with debuggin <g>.

I learned alot from your "guesses"!

Thanks so much.

-paulw
Remember the old story?

 Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
 Doctor: "Don't do that."

There are many non-ActiveX calendar solutions available.  One I've used is
by Access MVP Arvin Meyer.  I'd guess it is still available somewhere on his
site. There's a list of (mostly MVP or former-MVP) sites at
http://sp.ntpcug.org/accesssig.

Not only do you not run into "mystifying-not-working" messages, but you also
don't have to install Yet Another ActiveX Control. It's all done within
Access itself, using Access objects and VBA. Caveat: if you are doing an
Access Web App, it may or may not work.

--
Larry Linson
  Microsoft Office Access MVP

"PW" <emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 13:48:35 -0800 (PST), Aikistan
> <stan.mitchell1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:45:16 PM UTC-5, Aikistan wrote:
>>> On Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:37:53 PM UTC-5, PW wrote: > Not sure if
>>> this is relevant or if you've already seen it but I found the below
>>> after searching for just the 0x4d83e4fc (the common item in your two
>>> errors).
>>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-AU/accessdev/thread/cf61e996-94ea-4efc-bfe1-a8ccf3bf2048
>>
>>If not, see if you can find common factors between your errors and the
>>client's.  That may shed some light.  The fact that these are happening
>>all within the same week on different PCs is another clue...but I don't
>>know what it means.  Was there a Windows update recently that could have
>>affected all the PCs, anyone?
>

> It's been happening since Access 2003 I think (but also now with
> 2010). It is just that one client has started to do things differently
> than others, or us.
>
> But now, sometimes if I just click on the form with the ActiveX/COM
> calendar on it, it will crash Access.  No other forms need to be open.
> And it happens for all forms with the control on it.  But sometimes I
> need to have another form open also along with a calendar form to make
> Access Crash.  Sometimes it doesn't with the exact same conditions.
> Very frustrating!
>
> I changed my UAC setting to normal from the next notch down so now the
> event viewer is logging a different error.
>
> The vendor for the control has no idea what the solution could be.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -paulw

0
accdevel (436)
2/16/2013 9:12:42 PM
One general comment: not every ActiveX control will work with Access.

Many creators of ActiveX controls have told us, "Of course, it will work."
even though they know nothing about Access and have never tested their
control with Access.  Then, when their control doesn't work, they say, "Oh,
that's an Access problem; our control meets all the ActiveX requirements."

--

> Hi,
>
> Win7 64-bit, Access 2010 32-bit.
>
> A client reported this last week and the good thing (I suppose) is
> that I can duplicate the error on my PC (usually).
>
> I have a form  with a third-party ActiveX calendar on it.  Here is how
> I can usually make Access crash to the desktop with the message in the
> subject line (then Access restarts prompting me for a backup
> location).
>
> I open up the room calendar and leave it open.  I can click on it,
> scroll, rebuild it, whatever.  I then open up a particular form (it
> seems to be the only one that is causing the crash).  I save a record,
> close the form.  Then when I click back on the calendar form, it
> usually crashes Access.
>
> I have tried to go into debug mode for both forms but nothing.  I
> don't even get the chance to step through anything.
>
> I feel helpless to fix this!  There doesn't seem to be anything I can
> do to try and solve the problem.  I contacted the vendor of the
> calendar control and they have no idea what the problem is.  No
> reports of this happening to any of their clients.
>
> I looked at the Windows event log and it lists this error:  Faulting
> application name: MSACCESS.EXE, version: 14.0.6024.1000, time stamp:
> 0x4d83e4fc Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725,
> time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f Exception code: 0xc0000005
>
> I can't find anything on the web about that error message that seems
> appropriate (or really anything at all).
>
> This is happening on my PC, 3 of a clients PC, and other client
> versions with the calendar control.
>
> I will take any suggestions! :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> -paulw

0
accdevel (436)
2/16/2013 9:17:18 PM
On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 15:17:18 -0600, "Access Developer"
<accdevel@gmail.com> wrote:

>One general comment: not every ActiveX control will work with Access.
>
>Many creators of ActiveX controls have told us, "Of course, it will work."
>even though they know nothing about Access and have never tested their
>control with Access.  Then, when their control doesn't work, they say, "Oh,
>that's an Access problem; our control meets all the ActiveX requirements."

I have heard that before Larry!

AfterUpdate Code causes Access failure ("Microsoft Access has stopped working")
I know this might sound strange, but when I first open my database (Prospec= Form opens), if I choose to use the CompanyFind dropdown/combo box on the f= orm to to choose the record ProspectForm will populate with, it causes "Mic= rosoft Access has stopped working". However, if I first cycle through a rec= ord or two using the navigation buttons, and then use the CompanyFind dropd= own/combo box, it is fine the rest of the time the database is open.=20 Here is the offending code:=20 Private Sub CompanyFind_AfterUpdate()=20 Dim rs As Object=20 If Me.CompanyFind.Column...

"Microsoft Office Access has stopped working" error
Our application is an Access 2003 MDE (split database). They have Access 2007 installed on their PC. Any ideas? -paulw Access isn't reliable. It fucking sucks. I moved to SQL Server 12 years ago.. and I work on millions upon millions of rows a hundred times a day.. and I never have performance problems. ...

"NOT IN" statement not working in MS Access?
Hi all, Here is my dilemma. I have two tables, one called HS DATA and one called ImportedHighSchools. Both tables contain an ID code for each record. The table ImportedHighSchools contains 554 records. I have tried to make a query that would find all of the IDs in ImportedHighSchools that do not appear in HS DATA. Here it is. SELECT * FROM ImportedHighSchools WHERE ImportedHighSchools.ID NOT IN (SELECT [HS DATA].ID FROM HS DATA) The problem is, it doesn't return any records. And I have put in fake IDs in table ImportedHighSchools. But when I run the same query, just without the ...

Strawman: Is MS Access a "database"?
I would argue that it is not. JET is a desktop DB engine. Sybase is a database Oracle is a database DB2 is a database. VB 6 is a front-end development tool. PowerBuilder is a front-end development tool. MS Access is a front end devlopment tool. --------------------------------------- What's got me going on this is that I keep hearing statements like "What! you're running a mission-critical application out of an Access database?" Or the latest, to the effect of, "Well, sure the app has been working a-ok for the past five years, but would you want people reading in th...

renaming "Exit Access" command to "Exit" in Access 2007

"You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" (Access 2003)
Hi, All of a sudden one of our clients can't use her application. She gets "You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" when trying to open our application. The only thing she did today, according to her, was to download and install an Avery label wizard. She has rebooted and there are no other versions of Access running. The shortcut that launches the application does point to a version of Access (2003) because the installation wizard found an existing version on her PC. I believe it points to Office 11. Any ideas? -paulw Nevermind. She uninstal...

I have a very frustrating problem. I have a situation that works fine on some computers, but not on others. I have SQL Server Express 2005 and Access 2003 loaded on 4 computers. I have set up a "Linked Server" in SQL Server linked to my Access database. I am running queries on t-SQL against the Access tables through the linked server. On all of the computers, I can do select queries and they all work great but what I need to do is run Update, Insert, Delete queries as well. On a couple of the computers, it works fine, locally and across the LAN, and a VPN as far as that goes. B...

tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access
Hello everyone, There are many people that are looking for/missing the support for their database within TCL. Somehow this was overlooked: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/index.html It has native TCL API and supports most popular databases. One problem: It doesn't have production ready support on Windows, but for the lucky people who use Linux/Unix, it seems to be an excellent solution, while TDBC is being developed. One small correction, the TCL part of the db connection will work just fine on Windows connecting to sqlrelay running on Linux/Unix (which, in turn, can connect to the d...

Can't Add "Mode" to Quick Access Toolbar in MS-Access 2007
I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode at all. I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? On Jun 19, 10:10=A0am, Heather <mywor...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also > have no butto...

restrict "lsvg", "lslv" access
Hi all ! Is there any way to restrict "lsvg" and "lslv" to root only? Thanks for any help in advance Regards <tomapam@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1112078549.207400.308180@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all ! > > > Is there any way to restrict "lsvg" and "lslv" to root only? > > Thanks for any help in advance > > Regards > chmod ... ...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

Is there a way to access workspace other than "Base" and "Caller"?
Hi all, In my programming, I want to have users load their .MAT file into some place and then preview these data and let them import these data. If the .MAT file dump into the "Base" workspace, the workspace has already many variables... it becomes very difficult to distinguish which variables are newly loaded, which are not; If the .Mat file dump into the "Caller" workspace, the problem is that my "Callback" function has some intermediate callers, instead of directly called from my main program. It goes like this: My main program register the callback fun...

Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net and Oracle (good to have). Req #4: Title : Java Developer (MSA Project) Duration : 6+ months Rate : open Location : NY Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no karthik@bhaninfo.com : No phone calls please. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

HD access "stops multitasking"
Hi I run RH9 on my desktop Compaq Presario S5600NX with 518 Mb RAM and Athlon 3000+. Every time my HD is accessed extensively (eg when reading > 50 Mb files) the rest of the system "stops": the music stops playing, I cannot input from the keyboard, I cannot switch desktops etc. This is a bit of a problem since I cannot even type Ctrl-C to stop a process running wild - and I don't want to be pulling the power plug all the time. Is there any way of increasing the "multitasking" of this situation? Thanks, Jonas Jonas Andersson wrote: > Hi > ...

"Casting" an object in Microsoft Access
Regarding the dropdetect function, defined as follows: Sub dropdetect(DropFrm As Form, DropCtrl As Control, Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single) Is it possible to cast the Control parameter, DropCtrl, to a TextBox object? The underlying control is in fact a textbox which I wish to redraw given the X and Y parameters above. In Java, you could simply declare a TextBox reference and assign it to the Control object as follows: Dim myTextBox as TextBox myTextBox = (TextBox)DropCtrl Is there any analogous code in VBA? Thanks. -Vincent You can only do implicit cast...

sample "ledger" access database
I'm looking for a sample access database (preferably Access 2000 or early) that is more sophisticated than the template/sample provided with Access. It's for personal use. Can anyone point me to some freeware or samples? Thanks, Steve svinter@excite.com I had a good look around for one a while ago and couldnt find anything. You could have a look at http://www.databasecreations.com/ they make some access databases. They are not free, but you can have a squizy at the table structure. "Steve V" <svinter@excite.com> wrote in message news:MPG.19d37bc148610c5e989683@net...

"out" and "in out"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"my" and "our"

Access to function causes "access check failed"
Hi everyone! I have a question about access to functions. With the example below : -- main.adb with T; procedure Main is begin T.P; end Main; -- t.ads package T is type T_Procedure_Params_Access is not null access function (Request : Integer; Params : Integer) return Integer; procedure P; private type T1 is record I : T_Procedure_Params_Access; end record; end T; -- t.adb package body T is My_T : T1; procedure P is begin null; end P; end T; The My_T : T1 declaration in t.adb caused the check failed error on line of "type...

"or" and "and"

is Random Access File really "random access"?
Hi, I am kind of new at this topic, but does anyone know that: is Java's Random Access File really "random access", or just java "simulate" it for newbie coders' easy coding? The difference is, for example, for a 100G file of many records, if the access to it is a REAL random access, then accessing any of its record will use almost the same time (and fast): accessing the first record will use the same time as accessing its 100th record, 1000000th record, etc., and all should be fast and use little resource. So I think it comes down to how the "seek(position)&...

Dosdevices: wcmd "Access denied" when accessing drive
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060905080508030709060300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I was wondering if anybody had any idea what is causing this problem, and if there is a solution/work around. It seems that dosdevices that are linked to directories that are file system mount points to hard disk partitions are giving "Access denied" messages in wcmd. However these directories are completely navigable (via cd) and the directories/files can be navigated and opened pro...

"/a" is not "/a" ?

Web resources about - "Microsoft Access has stopped working" - comp.databases.ms-access