"Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file..."

I'm trying to EXPORT the results of a query to a CSV file.  I've been
doing this, using different queries, for WEEKS, with no problems.  This
file always thinks that the resulting export file is already opened,
but the file resides on my hard drive, and I get the error even if I
delete the file and start from scratch.

I'm not doing this via programming; just FILE > EXPORT.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0
1978fx (2)

Let me add that, if I replace all the "NULL AS..." fields in my query
with
"" as...
the export works.  HOWEVER, I have about 10 other queries that do this,
with "Null as..." and work just fine.

1978fx@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to EXPORT the results of a query to a CSV file.  I've been
> doing this, using different queries, for WEEKS, with no problems.  This
> file always thinks that the resulting export file is already opened,
> but the file resides on my hard drive, and I get the error even if I
> delete the file and start from scratch.
>
> I'm not doing this via programming; just FILE > EXPORT.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

0
1978fx (2)

tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access
Hello everyone, There are many people that are looking for/missing the support for their database within TCL. Somehow this was overlooked: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/index.html It has native TCL API and supports most popular databases. One problem: It doesn't have production ready support on Windows, but for the lucky people who use Linux/Unix, it seems to be an excellent solution, while TDBC is being developed. One small correction, the TCL part of the db connection will work just fine on Windows connecting to sqlrelay running on Linux/Unix (which, in turn, can connect to the database running on Windows :) ). What doesn't have production ready support (according to developers) is sqlrelay running on Windows. ...

"No value given for one or more required parameters. Microsoft JET Database Engine"
I've a problema when I try to Update then changed elements in my database. In myForm I've two combobox that works on arraylist and there are no problems, I think. public sub update Dim DSModified As DataSet DSModified = DSResults.GetChanges() If Not DSModified Is Nothing Then Try DA.Update(DSModified, DSModified.Tables(0).TableName) DSResults.AcceptChanges() Catch e As Exception MessageBox.Show(e.Message & " " & e.Source) End Try End If end sub The problem beg...

Can I replicate database "foo" to database "bar"
Let's say that I have two servers, server M with database "foo" and server S with database "bar", with full control over them. Can I set up replication so that "foo" is replicated into "bar". (the issue is that I have many masters with the same database name foo, and I want to have one slave server with databases like foo-1, foo-2 etc, replicated from all those masters) i On 14 Aug, 22:55, Ignoramus32732 <ignoramus32...@NOSPAM.32732.invalid> wrote: > Let's say that I have two servers, server M with database "foo" and > se...

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find a record in the table"with key matching field(s)"
Please can you help me with this problem: In the next form, when I Add new person who is not registered in the base I had the massage: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find a record in the table 'CLAN' with key matching field(s) JMBG. The question is: How to add data for the unregistered visitors in the next fields: JMBG (unique person number);(translation) STATUS; IME (name); PREZIME (surname); GRAD (town); UPLACENO (payment) NAPOMENA (comment) If you want I can send mdb.zip. Thank you very much. ...

Strawman: Is MS Access a "database"?
I would argue that it is not. JET is a desktop DB engine. Sybase is a database Oracle is a database DB2 is a database. VB 6 is a front-end development tool. PowerBuilder is a front-end development tool. MS Access is a front end devlopment tool. --------------------------------------- What's got me going on this is that I keep hearing statements like "What! you're running a mission-critical application out of an Access database?" Or the latest, to the effect of, "Well, sure the app has been working a-ok for the past five years, but would you want people reading in th...

Windows 2000 Server "Opening" an Access XP Database?
Through the Access LDB viewer (MS tool used to "see" who is using an Access database) we are seeing one of our Windows 2000 servers in the as a "listed user." For those that do not know: A "LDB" is a file created by MS Access when 1 or more users open an Access database in "non-exclusive" mode. The "LDB" file exists for the duration of database sessions. During that time the "LDB" file cannot be removed. In detail: We start with a single database file (.mdb) and no LDB file located on a "Freshly rebooted" Windows 2K Server...

MS Jet Engine error: "Cannot open any more tables" -1311
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C680B0.9B64ED00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm investigating an issue I have when pulling data back from MS access = I'm retrieving all rows from a column in a table of 5000 rows - = accessing a column of type "memo" ( can be 65353 character long) . I'm = pulling the data back using ODBC. Details are: Microsoft Access Driver 4.00.6306.00 Jet 4.0 release level that is currently installed (Msjet40.dll ) = "Microsoft Jet...

make "File name" default when searching in an "open file" dialogue ?
With Snow Leopard, I have noticed that if, in a file selection dialogue, I want to use the search feature, as I start typing in the search box, the dialogue changes to a search dialogue with a default set to "contents". Anyone know if there is a way to have it default to "File name" ? I find it annoying to have to switch from typing, move mouse to click on the "file name" button, then click back into the input field to finish the seach term. I know this isn't a major issue, but if there were a way to get it to use "file name" by default...

problem on startup: File error: "Cannot open load file", "xfonts"
Hi everybody I just installed the newest emacs testing as emacs package. after starting it with emacs --debug-init I get the error Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "xfonts") require(xfonts) byte-code("��!������@��!��!A��B\"� B��B\"�@��B\"A@*�A�B��!�C���\"��!�FBF��!���\"��!��!I�VH�V��!��!�K%N�!!R�#\"\"\"\"\"S\"!!�\"!!\"!\" �=��Q �=����# �=��Q��\n� � !� ! �\f!\f�\f \"��\f #� a.s.o. The require(xfonts) is in the .gnu-e...

Error on opening a database: MS JEt database says someone tries to modify the file #2
Hello, I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted. When i try to open the file it gives the error: The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch). I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how to save the data in this .mdb file. Greetings, Remco ...

Affordable "file database"?
Hello, I'm looking for an affordable solution that allows to: - "tag" files stored in the filesystem with arbitrary (user-defined) attributes, both manually (e.g. through a contextual menu plugin as well as within the "save" dialog box in applications) and through scripting - index these attributes in a database - build a hierarchy of "smart folders" in the file system based on queries on these attributes TIA, Sincerely, Wolfgang Keller -- My email-address is correct. Do NOT remove ".nospam" to reply. Wolfgang Keller <wolfgang.keller.nospam@gmx.de> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm looking for an affordable solution that allows to: > > - "tag" files stored in the filesystem with arbitrary (user-defined) > attributes, both manually (e.g. through a contextual menu plugin as well as > within the "save" dialog box in applications) and through scripting > - index these attributes in a database > - build a hierarchy of "smart folders" in the file system based on queries on > these attributes This is a great idea but it sounds like you are describing another file system. m. -- matt neuburg, phd = matt@tidbits.com, http://www.tidbits.com/matt/ Tiger - http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/tiger-customizing.html AppleScript - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0596102119 Read TidBITS! It's free and smart. http://www.tidbits.com >> I'm looking for an afford...

"Code Signing Certificate" with "split database"
I have a split Access 2003 database. I have signed the database with a Code Signing Certificate from Small Business Server. This works fine and users can have Access macro security on high or medium and do not get prompted at startup. The problem comes because there are two of us modifying the code. Whenever either one of us changes the code, one of us must resign both the front and back end of the database. If we forget to sign both, we hear about it in the morning! If we remove the digital signatures and set macro security to low, the users get prompted about "Unsafe expressions". Any ideas on the best way to handle this? Thanks, Elgin Hi, Elgin. > If we remove the digital signatures and set macro security to low, the > users get prompted about "Unsafe expressions". > > Any ideas on the best way to handle this? Have the users open Access and set the Macro Security to Medium, then close the dialog window, then set the Macro Security to Low again. When they receive the following message: "Unsafe expressions are blocked. You can configure your computer to allow all expressions to be evaluated. Allowing all expressions to be evaluated affects all users on this computer. Do you want to allow the evaluation of potentially unsafe expressions?" .. . . tell them to press the "No" button this time. Also tell your users to ensure that their antivirus software definitions are up to date at all times so that they ...

converting from "cooked" to "raw" oracle database
i'm working on a database which consists of datafiles in filesystems (referred to as cooked in some technical documents). i want to look at the performance difference with all the files raw i.e. using logical volumes to store the data. i know its possible to backup raw files using the dd command. what i'm interested in finding out/understanding is how to perform the opposite process i.e. convert from a 'cooked' to 'raw' storage system for an existing instance containing data. can i use a dd command to copy data from file to logical volume? is an export/import the only option? i'm going to be performing a number of tests myself and will post findings here. any other knowledge on subject appreciated. stre...@yahoo.co.uk wrote: > i'm working on a database which consists of datafiles in filesystems > (referred to as cooked in some technical documents). i want to look at > the performance difference with all the files raw i.e. using logical > volumes to store the data. i know its possible to backup raw files > using the dd command. what i'm interested in finding out/understanding > is how to perform the opposite process i.e. convert from a 'cooked' to > 'raw' storage system for an existing instance containing data. can i > use a dd command to copy data from file to logical volume? is an > export/import the only option? i'm going to be performing a number of > tests myself and will post finding...

File::Temp: opening the temp. file in "r+" mode? Also "man in the middle"
Hi, I'm working at a CGI-script which would receive a 20 MB big file via HTTP-upload, then change few bytes in it, then calculate an MD5 hash over a region of that file and save that value into the file as well. At the moment I do the first task (change few bytes) like this (the $flash is coming from the CGI.pm's filefield): my ($fh, $filename) = tempfile(DIR => UPLOADDIR); while (sysread $flash, $chunk, KEYSIZE) { $both = $prev . $chunk; if ($both =~ s/$SEARCH/$REPLACE/o) { print $fh $both; undef $prev; } el...

Error Message "Cannot open any more databases"
I have a report that uses several subreports. The report looks fine in print preview, but when I send it to the printer, I keep getting this message "Cannot open any more databases." This happened when I add the last subreport. Is there a limit on the amount of subreports you can call from a report? If so, any work-arounds? There is a little code behind the report, but nothing using recordsets. ...

sample "ledger" access database
I'm looking for a sample access database (preferably Access 2000 or early) that is more sophisticated than the template/sample provided with Access. It's for personal use. Can anyone point me to some freeware or samples? Thanks, Steve svinter@excite.com I had a good look around for one a while ago and couldnt find anything. You could have a look at http://www.databasecreations.com/ they make some access databases. They are not free, but you can have a squizy at the table structure. "Steve V" <svinter@excite.com> wrote in message news:MPG.19d37bc148610c5e989683@net...

"out" and "in out"

why "::", not "."

about "++" and "--"

"You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" (Access 2003)
Hi, All of a sudden one of our clients can't use her application. She gets "You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" when trying to open our application. The only thing she did today, according to her, was to download and install an Avery label wizard. She has rebooted and there are no other versions of Access running. The shortcut that launches the application does point to a version of Access (2003) because the installation wizard found an existing version on her PC. I believe it points to Office 11. Any ideas? -paulw Nevermind. She uninstalled the Avery Label Wizard and the problem went away! -paulw ...

file open "no such file"
I am getting this error when I try to run the code below **************** f = open("~/m", "r") print f.read() **************** **************** :~$ python python/my.py Traceback (most recent call last): File "python/my.py", line 1, in ? f = open("~/m", "r") IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '~/m' **************** but I have the "m" file in my home/username/ thank you Gary Wessle wrote: > I am getting this error when I try to run the code below > > **************** > f = open("~/m"...

Open File as "child" in "parent" window #2
Hello - Working in VB6.0 I am attempting to open a file with its default application in a MDI. In other words, I am trying to develop a "parent" window which holds all of the "child" windows of my application. Currently I am using the openfile dialog to retrieve a filename and then I am trying to open the selected file in its default application (e.g., .doc with Word and .pdf with Adobe), where the default application opens within my parent window. Is this possible? And, if it is, how do I accomplish this? I can get a chosen file to open with the default a...

Web resources about - "Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file..." - comp.databases.ms-access