"No value given for one or more required parameters. Microsoft JET Database Engine"

I've a problema when I try to Update then changed elements in my
database.
In myForm I've two combobox that works on arraylist and there are no
problems, I think.

public sub update
Dim DSModified As DataSet
        DSModified = DSResults.GetChanges()
        If Not DSModified Is Nothing Then
            Try
                DA.Update(DSModified, DSModified.Tables(0).TableName)
                DSResults.AcceptChanges()
            Catch e As Exception
                MessageBox.Show(e.Message & " " & e.Source)
            End Try
        End If
end sub

The problem begin when the program arrive in DA.Update(Ds...)

Please, can you help me?

This problem will have a better chance of a solution if you asked your
question in the VB.NET newsgroup.  Try this newsgroup:

microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

--
MGFoster:::mgf00 <at> earthlink <decimal-point> net
Oakland, CA (USA)

Yuna84 wrote:

> I've a problema when I try to Update then changed elements in my
> database.
> In myForm I've two combobox that works on arraylist and there are no
> problems, I think.
>
> public sub update
> Dim DSModified As DataSet
>         DSModified = DSResults.GetChanges()
>         If Not DSModified Is Nothing Then
>             Try
>                 DA.Update(DSModified, DSModified.Tables(0).TableName)
>                 DSResults.AcceptChanges()
>             Catch e As Exception
>                 MessageBox.Show(e.Message & " " & e.Source)
>             End Try
>         End If
> end sub
>
> The problem begin when the program arrive in DA.Update(Ds...)

0
me2968 (1474)

"Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file..."
I'm trying to EXPORT the results of a query to a CSV file. I've been doing this, using different queries, for WEEKS, with no problems. This file always thinks that the resulting export file is already opened, but the file resides on my hard drive, and I get the error even if I delete the file and start from scratch. I'm not doing this via programming; just FILE > EXPORT. Any ideas? Thanks Let me add that, if I replace all the "NULL AS..." fields in my query with "" as... the export works. HOWEVER, I have about 10 other queries that do this, with "Null as..." and work just fine. 1978fx@gmail.com wrote: > I'm trying to EXPORT the results of a query to a CSV file. I've been > doing this, using different queries, for WEEKS, with no problems. This > file always thinks that the resulting export file is already opened, > but the file resides on my hard drive, and I get the error even if I > delete the file and start from scratch. > > I'm not doing this via programming; just FILE > EXPORT. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks ...

tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access
Hello everyone, There are many people that are looking for/missing the support for their database within TCL. Somehow this was overlooked: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/index.html It has native TCL API and supports most popular databases. One problem: It doesn't have production ready support on Windows, but for the lucky people who use Linux/Unix, it seems to be an excellent solution, while TDBC is being developed. One small correction, the TCL part of the db connection will work just fine on Windows connecting to sqlrelay running on Linux/Unix (which, in turn, can connect to the database running on Windows :) ). What doesn't have production ready support (according to developers) is sqlrelay running on Windows. ...

Can I replicate database "foo" to database "bar"
Let's say that I have two servers, server M with database "foo" and server S with database "bar", with full control over them. Can I set up replication so that "foo" is replicated into "bar". (the issue is that I have many masters with the same database name foo, and I want to have one slave server with databases like foo-1, foo-2 etc, replicated from all those masters) i On 14 Aug, 22:55, Ignoramus32732 <ignoramus32...@NOSPAM.32732.invalid> wrote: > Let's say that I have two servers, server M with database "foo" and > se...

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find a record in the table"with key matching field(s)"
Please can you help me with this problem: In the next form, when I Add new person who is not registered in the base I had the massage: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find a record in the table 'CLAN' with key matching field(s) JMBG. The question is: How to add data for the unregistered visitors in the next fields: JMBG (unique person number);(translation) STATUS; IME (name); PREZIME (surname); GRAD (town); UPLACENO (payment) NAPOMENA (comment) If you want I can send mdb.zip. Thank you very much. ...

Strawman: Is MS Access a "database"?
I would argue that it is not. JET is a desktop DB engine. Sybase is a database Oracle is a database DB2 is a database. VB 6 is a front-end development tool. PowerBuilder is a front-end development tool. MS Access is a front end devlopment tool. --------------------------------------- What's got me going on this is that I keep hearing statements like "What! you're running a mission-critical application out of an Access database?" Or the latest, to the effect of, "Well, sure the app has been working a-ok for the past five years, but would you want people reading in th...

Too few parameters expected 2 error occurs after migrating "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server"
Hello all I get Too few parameters expected 2 error and "The MS Jet Database engine cannot find the input table or query "myTempTablename". Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. 3078" after I migrated "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server 2000" and relinked all linked tables. The front-end interface of my application is MS Access 2000. The back-end is MS SQL Server 2000. After I migrated the database and relinked all linked tables, "Too few parameters expected 2" and "input table or query "myTempTablename" 3078" error occurs. I found a article in Microsoft website. The "Too few parameter" error occurs because the limitation of the MS Access ODBC driver. If it is, any solution? Thanks in advance Cheers Bon Hi Bon, If you mean you are getting the error when you are trying to relink the tables through ODBC, then the problem could be - if your table(s) had a memo field, that sql server picked up the memo field as a varchar, and Access is trying to read a text field that exceeds 255 chars. You need to go to Query Analyzer (sql server QA) and run some queries against the offending table to see what the text length is in your varchar fields in the sql server table. And if Sql Server did pick up an Access memo field as a Sql Server Text field, ODBC can't read Sql Server Text fields. If any of the varchar fields exceeds 250 chars (for me I get errors after exceeding 250 cha...

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

does a "parameters"-parameter overwrite the "parameters"-object?
I'm currently writing a JS->Scheme compiler (which, using Bigloo, automatically yields a JS->C, JS->JVM, JS->.NET compiler), and have a question concerning the function-parameters: According to the spec (10.1.6) the activation-object already contains the the parameters-object when the variables are instantiated (10.1.3). The question is now: does a parameter "parameters" overwrite the "parameters"-object or not? All three implementations I tested (Konqueror, Mozilla and Rhino) do not overwrite the object, but I've already seen all three fail on other sim...

Why does "One Zero" mean "Ten" and not "One Zero"?
Who asked if we said "10" equals "One Zero" like it says what could we conceive as a benefit from this? The answer to the question is me: "Eleaticus" (actually) Musatov. Though we may have answered the question we have not answered [the] question contained [within] the question. Let us do this now: I can think of two benefits. 1. The disparaging difference between logic numbers and language narrows. (And) 2. A new system is adopted: one better suited to sensible expression. Let us examine the problem of the "Ill Placed Zero": 1. When we say 0 it...

converting from "cooked" to "raw" oracle database
i'm working on a database which consists of datafiles in filesystems (referred to as cooked in some technical documents). i want to look at the performance difference with all the files raw i.e. using logical volumes to store the data. i know its possible to backup raw files using the dd command. what i'm interested in finding out/understanding is how to perform the opposite process i.e. convert from a 'cooked' to 'raw' storage system for an existing instance containing data. can i use a dd command to copy data from file to logical volume? is an export/import the only option? i'm going to be performing a number of tests myself and will post findings here. any other knowledge on subject appreciated. stre...@yahoo.co.uk wrote: > i'm working on a database which consists of datafiles in filesystems > (referred to as cooked in some technical documents). i want to look at > the performance difference with all the files raw i.e. using logical > volumes to store the data. i know its possible to backup raw files > using the dd command. what i'm interested in finding out/understanding > is how to perform the opposite process i.e. convert from a 'cooked' to > 'raw' storage system for an existing instance containing data. can i > use a dd command to copy data from file to logical volume? is an > export/import the only option? i'm going to be performing a number of > tests myself and will post finding...

"Code Signing Certificate" with "split database"
I have a split Access 2003 database. I have signed the database with a Code Signing Certificate from Small Business Server. This works fine and users can have Access macro security on high or medium and do not get prompted at startup. The problem comes because there are two of us modifying the code. Whenever either one of us changes the code, one of us must resign both the front and back end of the database. If we forget to sign both, we hear about it in the morning! If we remove the digital signatures and set macro security to low, the users get prompted about "Unsafe expressions". Any ideas on the best way to handle this? Thanks, Elgin Hi, Elgin. > If we remove the digital signatures and set macro security to low, the > users get prompted about "Unsafe expressions". > > Any ideas on the best way to handle this? Have the users open Access and set the Macro Security to Medium, then close the dialog window, then set the Macro Security to Low again. When they receive the following message: "Unsafe expressions are blocked. You can configure your computer to allow all expressions to be evaluated. Allowing all expressions to be evaluated affects all users on this computer. Do you want to allow the evaluation of potentially unsafe expressions?" .. . . tell them to press the "No" button this time. Also tell your users to ensure that their antivirus software definitions are up to date at all times so that they ...

sample "ledger" access database
I'm looking for a sample access database (preferably Access 2000 or early) that is more sophisticated than the template/sample provided with Access. It's for personal use. Can anyone point me to some freeware or samples? Thanks, Steve svinter@excite.com I had a good look around for one a while ago and couldnt find anything. You could have a look at http://www.databasecreations.com/ they make some access databases. They are not free, but you can have a squizy at the table structure. "Steve V" <svinter@excite.com> wrote in message news:MPG.19d37bc148610c5e989683@net...

"out" and "in out"

why "::", not "."

about "++" and "--"

"You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" (Access 2003)
Hi, All of a sudden one of our clients can't use her application. She gets "You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" when trying to open our application. The only thing she did today, according to her, was to download and install an Avery label wizard. She has rebooted and there are no other versions of Access running. The shortcut that launches the application does point to a version of Access (2003) because the installation wizard found an existing version on her PC. I believe it points to Office 11. Any ideas? -paulw Nevermind. She uninstalled the Avery Label Wizard and the problem went away! -paulw ...

What exactly are "Constraint programming" & "constraint databases" about ?
I run into these terms rather frequently, without ever getting/finding a good explanation as to what it's really about. Anyone here can help me ? On 2015-12-29 14:16:11 +0000, Erwin said: > I run into these terms rather frequently, without ever getting/finding > a good explanation as to what it's really about. > > Anyone here can help me ? Since it seems that Springer has given free access to its books up to 2004, if you are interested you may download this: http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-662-04031-7 Nicola --- news://freenews.ne...

when should one use "and" and "or"
Hi All, just got hit w the ff > case > when x==1 or x==2 > print "yeoh!" > end SyntaxError: compile error (irb):17: syntax error, unexpected kOR, expecting kTHEN or ':' or '\n' or ';' when x==1 or x==2 ^ "or" and "and" both exhibit the behaviour in ruby1.8/1.9. workaround 1 put parens around the condition (not again) 2 replace or/and with ||/&& i believe there are other similar quirks when using "and/or".. has ruby relegated the use of "and/or"....? best regards -botp On Feb 4, 9:55=A0pm, botp <botp...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > just got hit w the ff > > > case > > when x=3D=3D1 or x=3D=3D2 > > =A0 print "yeoh!" > > end x =3D 5 =3D=3D>5 case x when 2,3 p 'no' when 4,5 p 'yes' end "yes" =3D=3D>nil On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 1:45 PM, w_a_x_man <w_a_x_man@yahoo.com> wrote: #> x =3D 5 #> =A0 =A0=3D=3D>5 #> case x #> =A0when 2,3 #> =A0 =A0p 'no' #> =A0when 4,5 #> =A0 =A0p 'yes' #> end of course i know that ;-) im talking about the second type of "case", eg > case > when x.baz and y.foo .... best regards -botp botp wrote: > i believe there are other similar quirks when using "and/or".. > has ruby relegated the use ...

"Correct" term for a 1:1 relationship between a "database" and an "instance" where > 1 such things are on the same physical server?
What is the "correct" term for a 1:1 relationship between a "database" and an "instance" where there are at least two such "things" on the same physical server? Nearly all the Oracle docs and books define a database something like the following: DATABASE - a collection of datafiles and oracle config files; useless without an "instance" to access the database. INSTANCE - a collection of background procs and memory structures, used to access a "database." Where I work, people typically call each "thing" mentioned in my Subject: line an "instance" or a "database instance." What is the "correct" term for having more than one of these "things" on the same, unpartitioned physical server? This may be splitting hairs; but when people don't or can't come to terms, confusion ensues--and that's typically a Bad Thing. I noticed, or rather a colleague of mine did, that even Tom Kyte mixes terms. In the book Expert Oracle Database Architecture (2005 edition) on page 50, in the bullet-pointed definitional paragraph for Instance, he throws the word "database instance" into the mix. A "no no" according to my colleague (don't shoot the messenger, please); because the vernacular seems to be "instance" or "database instance" for the each "thing." I like to be precise with terms, but then there are business stakehold...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

Can "CREATE DATABASE" or "CREATE TABLE" be wrapped in transactions?
I have some code that dynamically creates a database (name is @FullName) and then creates a table within that database. Is it possible to wrap these things into a transaction such that if any one of the following fails, the database "creation" is rolledback. Otherwise, I would try deleting on error detection, but it could get messy. IF @Error = 0 BEGIN SET @ExecString = 'CREATE DATABASE ' + @FullName EXEC sp_executesql @ExecString SET @Error = @@Error END IF @Error = 0 BEGIN SET @ExecString = 'CREATE TABLE ' + @FullName + '.[dbo].[Image] ( [ID]...

Variations in "Jet" DB engines etc and "Unknown" error!
Hi: I have two systems, one a W98 and the other XP Home. I have Access 2000 installed on both, and have run into a difference in the way the two behave. I have a table on which I wish to reset an "auto number" field so the counter goes back to zero. The procedure I have used is to copy the contents of the table to a temp table, empty the table and then compress the files. After that I copy back the data to the table without the original "auto number". All this works fine on the XP machine BUT on the W98 machine exactly the same process produces " unknown" errors when I try and run the application. That is to say, the error message is that Access has encountered an unknown error". When I hit help, it refers me to the jet engine but thats about all. I am wondering if there is a difference in the "jet" engine between the two systems, how I find out, whether both systems can be given the same version (the one in the XP machine since that does the job for me), and if so how I would set them up with the same engine. Advice would be appreciated. John Baker If there is a difference in how JET behaves, check if msjet40.dll is the same version on both. It's typically in windows\system32. Right-click the file, and choose Version. You should see 4.0.8xxx.0 If you don't see the 8, go to support.microsoft.com, the Downloads section, and get SP8 for JET 4. From memory, you cannot just copy from one to the other, as the SP is ...

Web resources about - "No value given for one or more required parameters. Microsoft JET Database Engine" - comp.databases.ms-access