"You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" (Access 2003)

Hi,

All of a sudden one of our clients can't use her application.  She
gets "You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time"
when trying to open our application.

The only thing she did today, according to her, was to download and
install an Avery label wizard.

She has rebooted and there are no other versions of Access running.

The shortcut that launches the application does point to a version of
Access (2003) because the installation wizard found an existing
version on her PC.  I believe it points to Office 11.

Any ideas?

-paulw

Nevermind.  She uninstalled the Avery Label Wizard and the problem
went away!

-paulw

Can't Add "Mode" to Quick Access Toolbar in MS-Access 2007
I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode at all. I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? On Jun 19, 10:10=A0am, Heather <mywor...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also > have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into > other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to > search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode > at all. > > I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I > can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? I still don't get it, but this appears to only be the case when I'm using a database that was created in an earlier version of Access. When I start a new 2007 database, I have full functionality. ...

Strawman: Is MS Access a "database"?
I would argue that it is not. JET is a desktop DB engine. Sybase is a database Oracle is a database DB2 is a database. VB 6 is a front-end development tool. PowerBuilder is a front-end development tool. MS Access is a front end devlopment tool. --------------------------------------- What's got me going on this is that I keep hearing statements like "What! you're running a mission-critical application out of an Access database?" Or the latest, to the effect of, "Well, sure the app has been working a-ok for the past five years, but would you want people reading in th...

Access 2010 Print Ribbon Error: "The expresion you entered has a function that Microsoft Access can't find"

renaming "Exit Access" command to "Exit" in Access 2007

Opening access database for exclusive access
hi Folks, I am opening my access database file (Access 2003) from a C# application. The connection string specifies mode=Share Exclusive The intent is that the application have exclusive access to the database file. No other instance of MS Access or this particular C# application (or any other app) should be able to open the access database file concurrently. however it seems that this is not happening. A second instance of my program run from another computer under another LAN user id can successfully open a connection to the database using the same connection string, specifying Share E...

sample "ledger" access database
I'm looking for a sample access database (preferably Access 2000 or early) that is more sophisticated than the template/sample provided with Access. It's for personal use. Can anyone point me to some freeware or samples? Thanks, Steve svinter@excite.com I had a good look around for one a while ago and couldnt find anything. You could have a look at http://www.databasecreations.com/ they make some access databases. They are not free, but you can have a squizy at the table structure. "Steve V" <svinter@excite.com> wrote in message news:MPG.19d37bc148610c5e989683@net...

Using Access to 'access' an sql database on a webserver
Is this possible? I know about a bit about ODBC and found how to import an ODBC database stored on the computer, however I am after accessing an SQL database stored on a webserver. I'd like to keep it up to date, but that could probably be done with a macro. At the moment I'm just considoring possible options, so just need to know if it can be done, how easy and a rough idea of how. Any help would be much appreciated! Flic On 6 Oct 2006 03:59:25 -0700, "Flic" <FelicityP@gmail.com> wrote: I typically create an ADP, then connect to such db specifying the IP address...

access 2002 database "save as" not enabled
Hello all, I'm trying to help someone with a strange problem with access 2002. When they go in to make changes, they usually make a copy as a new name by using the File, Save As command in access 2002. However, the save as is not enabled. They've sent me screen pics showing the database window, and the file menu showing the problem. Any ideas? Thanks! AFAIK, you can't copy a db file that way. you have to Copy | Paste from Windows Explorer. (if you try Ctrl+c, Ctrl+v in the open database, you only get a copy of the object currently selected in the db window.) or, seeing that it's A2002, your user can go to Tools | Database Utilities | Back Up Database... to make a backup copy. it's a handy enhancement that's not available in A97 and prior; i don't recall if it's availabe in A2000 or not. hth "Andy" <PCESoft@PCESoft.invalid> wrote in message news:fpTcl.14018$YU2.9862@nlpi066.nbdc.sbc.com... > Hello all, > > I'm trying to help someone with a strange problem with access 2002. When > they go in to make changes, they usually make a copy as a new name by using > the File, Save As command in access 2002. However, the save as is not > enabled. They've sent me screen pics showing the database window, and the > file menu showing the problem. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks! > While the DB is open you cannot make a copy like that. For FREE Access ebook and videos click here http://acce...

Access to function causes "access check failed"
Hi everyone! I have a question about access to functions. With the example below : -- main.adb with T; procedure Main is begin T.P; end Main; -- t.ads package T is type T_Procedure_Params_Access is not null access function (Request : Integer; Params : Integer) return Integer; procedure P; private type T1 is record I : T_Procedure_Params_Access; end record; end T; -- t.adb package body T is My_T : T1; procedure P is begin null; end P; end T; The My_T : T1 declaration in t.adb caused the check failed error on line of "type...

VB5 "unrecognized database format" access 2000
I keep getting this error when opening this Access database, with visual basic 5. I have upgraded to Jet4, applied all possible service packs for visual studio, tried using DataEnvironment that has all upgrades, recompiled Visdata project with new references to jet4. Visdata will open database and show fields on form, but if try to run from project window or create .exe and run, it still says "unrecognized database format". I did remove msjet35.dll, now the VB5 tries to load msjet35.dll at runtime and indicates an error when it can't. So that tells me that even though I ran serv...

is Random Access File really "random access"?
Hi, I am kind of new at this topic, but does anyone know that: is Java's Random Access File really "random access", or just java "simulate" it for newbie coders' easy coding? The difference is, for example, for a 100G file of many records, if the access to it is a REAL random access, then accessing any of its record will use almost the same time (and fast): accessing the first record will use the same time as accessing its 100th record, 1000000th record, etc., and all should be fast and use little resource. So I think it comes down to how the "seek(position)&...

Access 2003: Function is not available in expressions in query expression 'Trim([city] & ", " & [stateorprovince])'.
Hi, I created and distributed an Access 2003 MDE. When the user opens up a form he get's an error message :Function is not available in expressions in query expression 'Trim([city] & ", " & [stateorprovince])'. It works fine at other clients. How can I resolve this? I do not see anything in the MS KB. -pw use paul at williamsonenterprises dot com for e-mail Paul, This is a references issue. Have the user hit ctrl-g and then tools|references. Then do a comparo with the references you've got set. Jeremy pw wrote: > Hi, > > I created and dist...

'you do not have exclusive access to the database...'
I recently updated one of my clients from Access 97 front-end to Access 2003. (Database still in 97 format). They have about 5 networked PCs. On one of these PCs only, the user gets a warning message when logging in: 'you do not have exclusive access to the database at this time ... may not be able to save changes'. The message keeps on reappearing. If he hits ok about 30 times, it eventually goes away. Can someone help? Thanks. -- Zippy S On Oct 22, 12:53 pm, Zippy <Zipp...@thedessers.com> wrote: > I recently updated one of my clients from Access 97 front-end to Access > 2003. (Database still in 97 format). > > They have about 5 networked PCs. On one of these PCs only, the user > gets a warning message when logging in: 'you do not have exclusive > access to the database at this time ... may not be able to save > changes'. The message keeps on reappearing. If he hits ok about 30 > times, it eventually goes away. > > Can someone help? > Thanks. > -- > Zippy S 1) It could be the way the data is being handled. With multi-user systems, it makes more sense to use dbOpenTable or dbOpenDynaset recordset types only to save a record, and dbOpenSnapshot for everything else. This is quite different from the historic method of opening all tables for read/write when the program is opened and then closing them when the program exits. 2) It could also be a known bug of the .ldb file in Access 2000/2003. If I re...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Why doesn't this method have access to its "self" argument?
Hi all, I'm still trying to find a simple way to implement a method (but not the full class) in C. Suggestions I have recived so far are good, but seem to be over the top for such a (seemingly) simple problem. I came up with the idea of implementing the class in Python, and just setting the method after the actual class definition. See example below. The "py_method" is added to the class later on, and it seems to become a proper method of the class (and its instances) just as if it had been defined inside the class itself. Of course it also has access to its "self&...

Windows 2000 Server "Opening" an Access XP Database?
Through the Access LDB viewer (MS tool used to "see" who is using an Access database) we are seeing one of our Windows 2000 servers in the as a "listed user." For those that do not know: A "LDB" is a file created by MS Access when 1 or more users open an Access database in "non-exclusive" mode. The "LDB" file exists for the duration of database sessions. During that time the "LDB" file cannot be removed. In detail: We start with a single database file (.mdb) and no LDB file located on a "Freshly rebooted" Windows 2K Server...

How can I find all instances of "tblCFClientChanges" in an Access 97 database?
Mainly, I want to search the saved queries. I don't want to replace them. I just want to find them. MLH wrote: > Mainly, I want to search the saved queries. > I don't want to replace them. I just want to find them. Read this: http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/products.htm MLH wrote: > Mainly, I want to search the saved queries. > I don't want to replace them. I just want to find them. Read this: http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/products.htm failing that, you could loop through the SQL property of all your queries and use InStr and Replace and all that, bu...

Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010
How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access 2010 file format? According to Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the print options only. How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to display? My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5 forms, and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the "Security Warning: Soame active content has been disabled. Click for more details." then there is a button "Enable Content". Before and after I click the "Enable Button" the file tab only has print options available. Thank you for your help, jfcby jfcby <jamesfc30@gmail.com> wrote in news:f4dc9993-afa3-4fed-8180-22786eaa7f83@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.co m: > How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access > 2010 file format? > > According to Microsoft > (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ > convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? > queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is > possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the > print options only. > > How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to > display? ...

Web resources about - "You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" (Access 2003) - comp.databases.ms-access