A fairly dense form needs real estate. Don't have it. Want to resize ONE control only

Me!AddnlOwnrList.Width = 5.1875
Me.Repaint

Have tried the above in the on got focus event code
to make the listbox control wider when its being used.
I tried it in the Enter and Exit event code too.

My control more or less disappears when the Width
property is set when tabbing into the control and does
not come back when tabbing off the control. I've never
before experienced this behavior when resizing controls.

Would like to know if anyone has experienced similar
behavior.
0
CRCI (2317)

MLH wrote:

> Me!AddnlOwnrList.Width = 5.1875

Width and indeed, all measurements are measured by twips.

FROM THE ACCESS 97 **** HELP *** FILE:

Put your cursor on the "width" part of your above code and simply press
F1 and you'll get a section on:

Height, Width Properties

Look about halfway down the page, under "Setting" and you'll find:

"In Visual Basic, use a numeric expression to set the value of each
property. Values are expressed in twips."

Since you probably won't look at help anyway or claim you don't have it
or can't get the above, "twips" is linked to something curious which
tells you that what you're missing above is (assuming you're using inches):

Me!AddnlOwnrList.Width = 5.1875 * 1440

--
Tim    http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
^o<
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:50:58 -0500, MLH wrote:

> Me!AddnlOwnrList.Width = 5.1875
> Me.Repaint
>
> Have tried the above in the on got focus event code
> to make the listbox control wider when its being used.
> I tried it in the Enter and Exit event code too.
>
> My control more or less disappears when the Width
> property is set when tabbing into the control and does
> not come back when tabbing off the control. I've never
> before experienced this behavior when resizing controls.
>
> Would like to know if anyone has experienced similar
> behavior.

Are you trying to set the list box width to 5.1875 inches?
Access property sizes, i.e.  Width, Top, Left, etc. are all measured
in Twips (1440 per inch).
A width of 5.1875 Twips would be so small as to be un-viewable.
Try:

Me!AddnlOwnrList.Width = 5.1875 * 1440.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

access 97, don't close access if form's unload event is cancelled
I've got application A, with a hidden form, whose unload event is cancelled unless you use an 'exit' button (so I can do special processing) this works fine when using just application A and it prevents me from 'x'ing out of msaccess.exe now, I open application A from within application B using the code below where function editQuote() is found within application A and to provide application synchronization, it opens the hidden form mentioned above waits for it to become invisible, by using the 'exit' button, after special processing closes the form and only then do I get to label 'xx' now, if I 'X' out of the msaccess application (A), it triggers the unload event (per my STOP statement) - but is also gets to label 'xx', with the application A session still open then I step through the application A unload event which is properly cancelled but it's too late and these lines fail objAccess.Quit acQuitSaveNone Set objAccess = Nothing and I have two access applications running and I can only kill application A using the task manager what should happen is start application B hit button to start application A, suspending application B until we 'exit' from application A resume application B but if I 'x' out of the application A msaccess.exe, I now have 2 copies of msaccess running and I can access them both - how can I achieve 'what should happen&...

Don't like MSIE6? Don't like MS?
If you so dislike MS, do the minimal thing: advocate another browser on web pages you control. Example: http://masonc.home.netcom.com This is not a troll. Just go do what you're told and shut up. Mason C I will not respond Mason A. Clark wrote: > If you so dislike MS, do the minimal thing: advocate another > browser on web pages you control. > > Example: http://masonc.home.netcom.com > > This is not a troll. Just go do what you're told and shut up. > > Mason C I will not respond I don't advocate ...

Don't not need sympathy (although I need one)....
Hello everyone, My laptop harddrive crash on Dec 2004, and all is gone. My last CD-R AEF backup is 5 days old and got lot of changes. Do not have backup to all important files (My Documents, Music, My Pictures, etc...) Need to recover, because I accidentally delete the partition. Already have a new hard disk and I attached my damaged hdd on USB 2.0 enclosure. So, I am looking for decent recovery tools.... Hope anyone have very valuable thoughts. Rene Belated Merry Christmas and Have a Prosperous 2005. For all the tsunami victims, my deepest sympathy (not enough wo...

AOL 9.0 don't do it just don't . Don't even think of it.
I had 8.0, and it ran fine. I downloaded 9.0 and that was the end of my computer never having a problem. 3 years and no problems. 1 week with AOL 9.0 and I've had 27 error messages , sign offs and other problems. AOL was no help. They can't even admit it has a problem. So I had to REFORMAT MY HARD DRIVE AND INSTALL ALL MY PROGRAMS AND ALL MY SAVED FILES. Needless to say I no longer have AOL at all. Reformat and get rid of it. ...

"You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" (Access 2003)
Hi, All of a sudden one of our clients can't use her application. She gets "You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" when trying to open our application. The only thing she did today, according to her, was to download and install an Avery label wizard. She has rebooted and there are no other versions of Access running. The shortcut that launches the application does point to a version of Access (2003) because the installation wizard found an existing version on her PC. I believe it points to Office 11. Any ideas? -paulw Nevermind. She uninstalled the Avery Label Wizard and the problem went away! -paulw ...

I sell various items for Amiga on EBAY, if you don't agree don't read and don't break my balls, understand mr. user?
See on this link: http://search.ebay.it/_W0QQsassZmousemikiQQhtZ-1 P.s. not all items are for Amiga, simple don't see others! ...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

Do You Want To Know For Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is
The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is that you can know for sure that you are going to Heaven which is described in the Holy Bible as a beautiful place with no death, sorrow, sickness or pain. God tells us in the Holy Bible how simple it is to be saved so that we can live forever with Him in Heaven. "For if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:9) Over 2000 years ago God came from ...

[...]

Do You Want To Know For Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is #2
The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is that you can know for sure that you are going to Heaven which is described in the Holy Bible as a beautiful place with no death, sorrow, sickness or pain. God tells us in the Holy Bible how simple it is to be saved so that we can live forever with Him in Heaven. "For if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:9) Over 2000 years ago God came from ...

Do You Want To Know For Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is #4
[...]

The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is that you can know for sure that you are going to Heaven which is described in the Holy Bible as a beautiful place with no death, sorrow, sickness or pain. God tells us in the Holy Bible how simple it is to be saved so that we can live forever with Him in Heaven. "For if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you WILL BE SAVED." (Romans 10:9) Over 2000 years ago God came from Heaven to earth in the person of Jesus Christ to shed His blood and die on a cross to pay our sin debt in full. Jesus Christ was born in Israel supernaturally to a virgin Jewish woman named Mary and lived a sinless life for thirty-three years. At the age of thirty-three Jesus was scourged and had a crown of thorns pressed onto His head then Jesus was crucified. Three days after Jesus died on a cross and was placed in a grave Jesus rose from the dead as Jesus said would happen before Jesus died. If someone tells you that they are going to die and in three days come back to life again and it happens then this person must be the real deal. Jesus Christ is the only person that ever lived a perfect sinless life. This is why Jesus is able to cover our sins(misdeeds) with His own blood because Jesus is sinless. The Holy Bible says, "In Him(Jesus) we have redemption through His blood...

Do You Want To Know For Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is #3
[...]

Do You Want To Know For Sure That You Are Going To Heaven? The reason some people don't know for sure if they are going to Heaven when they die is because they just don't know. The good news is #7
[...]

Web resources about - A fairly dense form needs real estate. Don't have it. Want to resize ONE control only - comp.databases.ms-access