Aarrrgh!! Why won't this work? (Apologies if this is a dup post- can't find the other)

I have a control on a form whose data source is:

=IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is
100%",IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please
Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please
Adjust")))

I have tried
=IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please
Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please
Adjust","Total is 100%"))

and

=IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please
Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please
Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is 100%"))

The problem is that I never get the "Total is 100%" message, even when
it's 1.  I have tried adding the 14 values in Excel and they come to
1.00.  I have put the decimal places to 4 and 5 and it's all zeroes.

I typed the values into the table and want (ultimately) to enter them
via  a form.

Thanks
Sara

0
saraqpost (288)

On 31 Jan 2007 15:22:50 -0800, "sara" <saraqpost@yahoo.com> wrote:

Not sure, but why not as an interim step put the value of
txtPercentTotal in a field, or enter an expression in the Immediate
window like:
?Forms!SomeForm!txtPercentTotal
That way you would know for sure what Access thinks is the current
value.
Then:
?(Forms!SomeForm!txtPercentTotal = 1)
Which would result in True or False.

If you are using Double data type, it goes to 15 decimals if I'm not
mistaken. Your value could be:
1.0000000000000001  (give or take a few zeros)
That's just how floating point values work, let's not rake up that
discussion again.
In such cases roundoff may help (see the Round function), or what I
often do is say if it's between 0.9999 and 1.0001 we'll call it good.

-Tom.

On Jan 31, 8:50 pm, Tom van Stiphout <no.spam.tom7...@cox.net> wrote:
> On 31 Jan 2007 15:22:50 -0800, "sara" <saraqp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Not sure, but why not as an interim step put the value of
> txtPercentTotal in a field, or enter an expression in the Immediate
> window like:
> ?Forms!SomeForm!txtPercentTotal
> That way you would know for sure what Access thinks is the current
> value.
> Then:
> ?(Forms!SomeForm!txtPercentTotal = 1)
> Which would result in True or False.
>
> If you are using Double data type, it goes to 15 decimals if I'm not
> mistaken. Your value could be:
> 1.0000000000000001  (give or take a few zeros)
> That's just how floating point values work, let's not rake up that
> discussion again.
> In such cases roundoff may help (see the Round function), or what I
> often do is say if it's between 0.9999 and 1.0001 we'll call it good.
>
> -Tom.
>

> >I have a control on a form whose data source is:
>
> >=IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is
> >100%",IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please
> >Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please
> >Adjust")))
>
> >I have tried
> >=IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please
> >Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please
> >Adjust","Total is 100%"))
>
> >and
>
> >=IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please
> >Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please
> >Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is 100%"))
>
> >The problem is that I never get the "Total is 100%" message, even when
> >it's 1.  I have tried adding the 14 values in Excel and they come to
> >1.00.  I have put the decimal places to 4 and 5 and it's all zeroes.
>
> >I typed the values into the table and want (ultimately) to enter them
> >via  a form.
>
> >Thanks
> >Sara- Hide quoted text -

Well, I'm trying all this, Tom.

First, how do I do the ? - I know about the immediate window, but how
do I do this in a form - not in the code?

The values I'm using are .08 (7 entries); .06 (5 times); .09 (once)
and .05 (once).  No matter how many decimals, the total equals 1!

Meanwhile, I changed the start to: IIf(([txtPercentTotal]>0.9999 And
[txtPercentTotal]<1.0001),...
as you suggested and it works!  Clearly Access sees some decimal in
there and is keeping it a secret.

Thanks very much.  I've got it working.  Still wonder why... (And
interested in the True/False you suggested).

Sara

0
saraqpost (288)
2/1/2007 11:48:00 AM
sara wrote:
> On Jan 31, 8:50 pm, Tom van Stiphout <no.spam.tom7...@cox.net> wrote:
>> On 31 Jan 2007 15:22:50 -0800, "sara" <saraqp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Not sure, but why not as an interim step put the value of
>> txtPercentTotal in a field, or enter an expression in the Immediate
>> window like:
>> ?Forms!SomeForm!txtPercentTotal
>> That way you would know for sure what Access thinks is the current
>> value.
>> Then:
>> ?(Forms!SomeForm!txtPercentTotal = 1)
>> Which would result in True or False.
>>
>> If you are using Double data type, it goes to 15 decimals if I'm not
>> mistaken. Your value could be:
>> 1.0000000000000001  (give or take a few zeros)
>> That's just how floating point values work, let's not rake up that
>> discussion again.
>> In such cases roundoff may help (see the Round function), or what I
>> often do is say if it's between 0.9999 and 1.0001 we'll call it good.
>>
>> -Tom.
>>

>>> I have a control on a form whose data source is:
>>> =IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is
>>> 100%",IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please
>>> Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please
>>> Adjust")))
>>> I have tried
>>> =IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please
>>> Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please
>>> Adjust","Total is 100%"))
>>> and
>>> =IIf([txtPercentTotal]>1,"Total is Over 100%; Please
>>> Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]<1,"Total is UNDER 100%; Please
>>> Adjust",IIf([txtPercentTotal]=1,"Total is 100%"))
>>> The problem is that I never get the "Total is 100%" message, even when
>>> it's 1.  I have tried adding the 14 values in Excel and they come to
>>> 1.00.  I have put the decimal places to 4 and 5 and it's all zeroes.
>>> I typed the values into the table and want (ultimately) to enter them
>>> via  a form.
>>> Thanks
>>> Sara- Hide quoted text -
>
> Well, I'm trying all this, Tom.
>
> First, how do I do the ? - I know about the immediate window, but how
> do I do this in a form - not in the code?
>
> The values I'm using are .08 (7 entries); .06 (5 times); .09 (once)
> and .05 (once).  No matter how many decimals, the total equals 1!
>
> Meanwhile, I changed the start to: IIf(([txtPercentTotal]>0.9999 And
> [txtPercentTotal]<1.0001),...
> as you suggested and it works!  Clearly Access sees some decimal in
> there and is keeping it a secret.
>
> Thanks very much.  I've got it working.  Still wonder why... (And
> interested in the True/False you suggested).
>
> Sara

You are still missing the point. The values you are adding up are
defined as Double and that means they are Floating Point numbers. You
see a representation of the number, but the underlying value is stored
in two parts that are combined to generate the number (mantissa and
exponent if I recall my old math terms). This is NOT Access, this is
MATH. Every/any program will do exactly the same thing with it. (Look up
Double in Help, floating point numbers can be confusing if you haven't
learned about them before.)

What you need to do is convert the result into a format that represents
what you want. The Format function is the best way to go. Look this
function up in Help for more info.

You can leave your existing IIf equation as is if you put the conversion
into the textbox formula.

Currently you have something like this for the [txtPercentTotal] textbox
control source: =Sum([myentries])
or  =[myentry1]+[myentry2]+[myentry3]+[myentry4]

Change it to =Format(Sum([myentries]), "0.00")
or  =Format([myentry1]+[myentry2]+[myentry3]+[myentry4], "0.00")

If data can be more than 2 decimal points, then you can change the
format to as many as you need. Eg, for 4  "0.0000"

Hope that helps.

--
Bri

ps. After you post a question, you need to wait a bit before it appears
in the newsgroup. The length of time varies from server to server. Your
question appears three times now.
0
not32 (1022)
2/1/2007 5:28:17 PM
On Feb 1, 12:28 pm, Bri <n...@here.com> wrote:
> [...]
> function up in Help for more info.
>
> You can leave your existing IIf equation as is if you put the conversion
> into the textbox formula.
>
> Currently you have something like this for the [txtPercentTotal] textbox
> control source: =Sum([myentries])
> or  =[myentry1]+[myentry2]+[myentry3]+[myentry4]
>
> Change it to =Format(Sum([myentries]), "0.00")
> or  =Format([myentry1]+[myentry2]+[myentry3]+[myentry4], "0.00")
>
> If data can be more than 2 decimal points, then you can change the
> format to as many as you need. Eg, for 4  "0.0000"
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> --
> Bri
>
> ps. After you post a question, you need to wait a bit before it appears
> in the newsgroup. The length of time varies from server to server. Your
> question appears three times now.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, Bri.  I spent some time trying to learn about floating point -
I get the basics, but not really how it will impact my work.  I think
I just have to remember about it and use the Format function.  That
one is pretty new to me; will have to read on that, too.

Sorry about the posts.  The first one, I waited 3 hours and then re-
posted, as it was the first time posting since the new interface
design.  I figured 3 hours was long enough, but then 2 posts appeared
at the same time.  I wait longer now - overnight - for posting.

Thanks again.  For now, it's working. We'll see when the users test
and use it.

Sara

0
saraqpost (288)

third program can't find why it won't work.
I am learning javascript from a book. I admit it is not the easiest or best way, but I wanted to learn and I had the books purchased from awhile back. I have some familiarity with C and HTML and wanted to expand my programming base. I have tried two of the programs in this book and they worked fine. Now on the third one I can't seem to get it to work. I know it is probably something simple but could you give it a look and steer me in the right direction? Here is the code the Script and HTML commands are commented out. I thought is was suppose to return a total value. <!--ml> <he...

Willie won't, Willie won't, won't go!
Ah yes, some 70s nostalgia tunes. ...

Help: I can't figure out why this won't work
I have a hyperlink on an ASP page that calls another ASP page with the code shown below. This page allows (forces) a user to select a file to be uploaded, then should call a third ASP page that will do the actual upload. What happens is I can enter a file name but the third page doesn't get loaded. I see the upload page being called in the browser when the alert message displays, but then it appears to reload this page. What am I missing??? I should also note that the upload page opens fine if I move the location.href command outside of the function (for testing purposes). <FORM N...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

database layouts won't print, now database won't open
using Mac OS 10.3.4, filemaker pro 7. working with a database converted from filemaker 3. Everything seemed to be fine. Created a new table and imported data into that from another Filemaker 3 database (someone else created these). Layouts were created very easilly. I go to print a layout (label) and choose ALL and it will only print one record, no matter what I put in the print dialogue box. Open other databases and they all printed fine in similar layouts. Tried to "recover' it, thinking it was somehow corrupted (the woman was having a hard time printing it. I thought it was...

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

SGI Fuel won't boot, can't access PROM
I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel. I believe it is running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144. The system was working but no one knew the root password. Of course I tried getting into single user mode by typing 'single' at the PROM console which started a boot then the screen went blank and the system became nonresponsive. I tried using 2 different overlay installation CD's (can't find original OS) to boot but both appear to lock up the graphics after copying files to the harddrive (before any menus even come up). I've tried connecting a null-modem cable to COM1 from an XP PC running hyperterminal (9600 8-N-1) but have never been able to get any output to the terminal. I've tried with and without the keyboard and mouse plugged into the Fuel. In an attempt to get this working I was playing with environment variable in the PROM and may have changed something that's caused my current situation. I set the following: console=d AutoBoot=No When the Fuel is turned on, the 3 lights on the keyboard flash as normal; the LED on the case flashed white for a bit then goes solid white (normal I think); but the monitor never turns on! Usually the monitor would come on maybe 10 seconds after the flashing keyboard lights, just in time to see the graphical display prompting to enter Maintenance Mode. If I press the power button on the Fuel at this point it shuts down immediately. The last thing I did in the PROM console was run ...

4000T won't boot won't POST
I've had this problem for a while. Repair guys (no longer servicing Amiga's) said it was a problem with the motherboard not posting. (I believe this is a PC term) Said he got it working somehow by by-passing SCSI and using only IDE. But when returned it still did not work. Even with a new Power supply, nothing seems to power up. Even the floppy doesn't 'flick' (that funny noise it makes upon power-up) Any help appreciated. thanks Phil "Phil Bastien" <pbastien@nnby.net> ha scritto nel messaggio news:c9qtlu0na3@enews1.newsguy.com... > I've had this problem for a while. Repair guys (no longer servicing Amiga's) > said it was a problem with the motherboard not posting. (I believe this is a > PC term) Said he got it working somehow by by-passing SCSI and using only > IDE. But when returned it still did not work. Are you using an X-Calibur accelerator? It is incompatible with the A4091 and, with my configuration, it hangs just after loading its software, when it resets the Amiga. I am curious about how to bypass the SCSI controller in the A4000T... -- ___ __ / __|___ Daniele Gratteri, Italian Commodore-Amiga user... /// | / |__/ Nickname: FIAT1100D - ICQ: 53943994 Ritmo S75 __ /// | \__|__\ Home page: http://www.gratteri.tk forever! \\\/// \___| E-MAIL: daniele@gratteri.tk ...since 1990 \/// ...

can't find port;error 630-MS doesn't know
I have ll xps t-800 with a modem card, purchased second hand, no docs. I get "cannot open port" at the diagnostics tab in win98 I get "error 630" when trying to dial out on new DUN. Modem not responding. Debug at d40:0 shows only port 1 following w98 help instructions as far as I understand them. Yet device manager and system info clearly shows the standard 56K modem at com5 Interrupt 10. Trying to send echo atdt and other commands in dos yields nothing. How do I get this modem to wake up. My laptop give essentially the same output in debug a...

i can't find any error in my vi but it just doesn't work please help
I'm trying to control a robot named cs-113 and I find someone has already achieved this. He wrote a vi called robot cs-113.vi and I just tried to write a same one but&nbsp;it just doesn't work. Can anyone tell me why it doesn't work? Thanks for your help! robot-cs113.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/198418/1/robot-cs113.vi cs-113 test.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/198418/2/cs-113 test.vi ...

mac won't boot...memberd[58] can't find root user
I am not much of a mac user but was given the task of getting postgresql and an application working on a G4. I successfully installed postgresql from the sourceforge package and got this java application running. The only thing I can think that i did other than the postgresql install is that I reset the root passwd. Everything was working great until I rebooted this morning. The gray screen with the apple appears with the progress pinwheel and nothing happens. I was not able to boot into safe mode. I was able to boot in singleuser mode. When I try and startup from there I see this repeate...

Can't Open VB Editor and VB scrip won't run AFTER reopening database
I created a database, thought all was fine until I quit it and opened it again. The VB wouldn't run, I couldn't open the editor from design view of any form, and when I tried to open it through the menu, all I would get is a corrupted window (no scroll up button, no way to access the Project Explorer) containing just the one module I had, but I couldn't get to the Class Objects. I tried to compact and repair it, and decompile (that crashed Access). I then made a copy, set the Has Module property for all forms to No, imported everything into a new database, and wrote the cod...

At first the crapware didn't work, then the crapware did work, now the crapware won't work again
"when i installed fedora9 i could login as root, but had problems with installing updates and my printer did not work, today for some strange reason my updates worked, and after that my printer worked. but now my display is not right, and when i make the change from my user side it does not take. i can not login to the root now.." #8 at http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=202644 Linux just works <doesn't> works <doesn't> .... RonB wrote: > DFS wrote: > >> "when i installed fedora9 i could login as root, but had problems with...

Microsoft Access Can't Find Macro '.' #2
I keep receiving the above error message in Microsoft Access 2003 when I open ANY database - including a completely empty test database (no forms, no macros, no tables). Can anyone suggest a solution? TIA ...

Time Synchronizer won't work for NT Users & Guests; can't set SystemTime Privilege for them either
Hello, I'm writing a system clock Time Synchronizer app in Delphi 7 Enterprise on Win2k Pro which uses Indy's TIdSNTP component to contact an Internet time server. It works fine when I'm logged in as an Administrator, but doesn't adjust the system clock for normal users and guests. I added some code (found on the net) which looks up user privileges and tries to set SeSystemtimePrivilege for the user just long enough to set the system time, but the AdjustTokenPrivileges function always returns a "Not all privileges referenced are assigned to the caller" error code for non-Administrator users. I haven't been able to find a workaround for this error. I'd like my Time Synchronizer to work for normal users, although I don't want to allow then to change their system clock willy-nilly. Is there any way to get this to work, or should I try to write this app (or part of it) as an NT Service? G.T. ...

Palm can't find com port to synch. I can't either.
Hi. I just got a palm IIIxe. It has a serial connection. When I try to synch, it can't find the computer, and it gave an error message about the com port being busy or not available. I opened the hotsynch on the laptop, and it only showed com 3 Com 1 seemed missing. Is there a way to see what com 1 is being used for? And are com ports numbered 1 and 3? Thanks Jim I wish you luck in getting this "ancient" palm device to work with XP's interpretation of Com ports. Yes there is com 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may want to search Microsoft's web site for inform...

Can't understand why this won't compile
The problem code: // line 0 template <class T, T* (T::*C)(void) const> class cc { }; // line 6 class e { public: virtual e *clone(void) const; cc<e,&clone> ee(void) const; }; This code causes problems with both Visual C++ 7 (2003) and g++ 2.96. With VC, I get the following error message: c:\Documents and Settings\CJ\My Documents\Projects\Project Grapher\Source Code\Expression.cpp(22): fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 2701) Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++ Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information In g++, I get two different results. Whith the code above, I get the following: test.cpp:12: invalid use of undefined type `class e' test.cpp:8: forward declaration of `class e' test.cpp:12: template argument 2 is invalid test.cpp:12: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `ee' with no type When using &e::clone instead of &clone, g++ reports: test.cpp:12: Internal error: Segmentation fault. (with the same change, VC still has an internal compiler error) Unless, for some reason, I really can't use e from within e (which I know can't be right), I can't see the reason for these error messages. Anyone know what's going on? Should this code not compile anyway? Thanks for you time -CJ contact: http://stude...

Can't shutdown. Won't shutdown.
My Mac Mini, version OSX 10.4.9, refuses to shut down correctly. The monitor displays a grey screen telling me I must switch off the Mini using the power button. I humbly obey but, when I switch on again, an annoying message tells me that the damned thing shut down unexpectedly. A minor and trivial niggle, I'm sure, but is there anything I can do to sort it? "Davo" <u33430@uwe> writes: >My Mac Mini, version OSX 10.4.9, refuses to shut down correctly. The monitor >displays a grey screen telling me I must switch off the Mini using the power >button. This sounds ...

Can't find 'boot_DBD__mysql'
Hi, I have a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.4 I have apache 2.2 and am running the most current version of mySQL. I cannot get DBD::mysql to install. I have downloaded the perl module form CPAN and tried both automated and manual installations. During the make test step the module fails and gives me the following error. Can't find 'boot_DBD__mysql' symbol in /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle at /Library/Perl/5.8.6/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Mysql.pm line 13 As far as I can tell the path is correct and I have not tried to install it anywh...

Can't find 'Prototype' syntax in JavaScript Bible'
'JavaScript Bible' v6 by Danny Goodman doesn't seem to describe the snytax used in Prototype.js. Namely, I could not find discussion of 'Object.extend' and the ':' feature (e.g., 'toColorPart:'), as in: Object.extend(Number.prototype, { toColorPart: function() { var digits = this.toString(16); if (this < 16) return '0' + digits; return digits; }, Similarly (or perhaps, not so similar), what this is about: var Try = { these: function() { .... } } Can someone please tell me where to find this in the book, or if it's n...

I can't find eth0 (or don't know how to look)
Here's the deal: I've got RH 7.3 running just fine until an hour ago. I crashed a Matlab session and decided it was a good time to reboot my machine. The shutdown process hung at some point leaving the note "No more processes at this level", and after about 5 minutes I hit the reset button. When the machine came back up, it complained about the ethernet interface, saying this: "Bringing up interface eth0: Error, some other host already uses address [my IP address]" Plus, I get a big fat red "FAILED" on the screen, just to make me feel better. How do I get my box to behave again? I'm pretty much out of clues, so any you folks have would be a pure treat. Thanks, Dale. hey dale, could you give some details : are you in a LAN ? vivekian W. Dale Hall wrote: > Here's the deal: I've got RH 7.3 running just fine until an hour ago. > I crashed a Matlab session and decided it was a good time to reboot > my machine. The shutdown process hung at some point leaving the > note "No more processes at this level", and after about 5 minutes > I hit the reset button. > > When the machine came back up, it complained about the ethernet > interface, saying this: > > "Bringing up interface eth0: Error, some other host already uses address > [my IP address]" > > Plus, I get a big fat red "FAILED" on the screen, just to make me > feel better. > > How do ...

Forms/Tables that can't/won't hold scroll
Hi all, I've tried finding an answer in the history, but only find a lot of historical posts where people didn't get answers to the same problem up to 5 or 6 years ago! I'm having a problem with Access2003 on Windows XP Pro where I often can't scroll. On some tables, I scroll vertically using the scroll bars, but when I let off the mouse button, it jumps back to whereever my cursor is. On some forms, if I don't have data to display, my users with smaller screens can't scroll to the right to see hidden buttons/drop downs. Does anyone know what's going on? Are t...

Can't find program
My laptop is a 3 year old Compaq that came with Windows ME. I installed XP over the ME. Now I can't find any of the software controls for the touchpad even though "Synaptics Touchpad" is listed in add/remove programs and the pad is working. It doesn't come up in a search for "touch- pad" or "Synaptics Touchpad," and isn't in the device manager or program files. I just want to make it a little less touch sensitive. "BUB 209" avait soumis l'id�e : > My laptop is a 3 year old Compaq that came with Windows ME. I installed > XP ...

Karmic Krapware: "no sound...no video... lost the GUI... USB stick won't work...won't shutdown properly"
"All upgraded OK, but then noticed no sound, and no video. After following some online advice with hardware drivers tried to update Nvidia, and I then lost the GUI. Can get back by editing out Nvidia for Vesa in xorg.conf, but have to each time I start, and graphics too low to run much. Was going to back a few things up and re-install Jaunty, and now find USB memory stick will not work. Tried downloading and installing latest Nvidia driver, but got lots of error messages regarding kernels and headers that I can't resolve. Now will not even shutdown properly." #764 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1305924&highlight=Karmic+freeze&page=77 Linux is a never-ending litany of woes. You almost have to feel sorry for the hobby-slopware victims. Then again, it's just their playtime toy tinkering that's being ruined. "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> writes: > "All upgraded OK, but then noticed no sound, and no video. After > following So after the OK upgrade he "then" noticed no sound or video. Wow. What an astute guy! On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 15:07:12 +0100, Hadron wrote: > "DFS" <nospam@dfs_.com> writes: > >> "All upgraded OK, but then noticed no sound, and no video. After >> following > > So after the OK upgrade he "then" noticed no sound or video. > > Wow. > > What an astute guy! Maybe he is deaf and blind? They seem to be...

Web resources about - Aarrrgh!! Why won't this work? (Apologies if this is a dup post- can't find the other) - comp.databases.ms-access

Yara shahidi (@YaraShahidi) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Yara shahidi @ YaraShahidi ...

F**K! Peggle 2 will miss Xbox One launch
... not necessarily launch day. PopCap's Garth Chouteau told GamesBeat that we can expect to see its launch a few weeks later in December. Aarrrgh! ...

Mustache Wisdom App for iPhone and iPad
... toward enlightenment has begun, my friend. Mustache Wisdom is here. Enjoy. Name Pirate 'Stache Occupation Poop Deck Captain About me Aarrrgh! ...

Live From AJAX World - Report 1
Tuesday, Oct 3 at 9:15am Live from AJAXWorld Adobe Presentation Aarrrgh!! I missed Jesse Garrett!!! I'll try to catch an interview with him ...

/Film Set Interview: ‘The Avengers’ Stars Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson
... looks incredibly uncomfortable until the cameras are rolling and then we all look fucking badass. Then “Cut!” and we’re all like “Aarrrgh… God, ...

International Talk Like A Pirate Day
The Official Web site for International Talk-Like A Pirate Day, September 19th. Because we're guys, and because we can.

Get On The Dyke & Ride! Jamie Thomson Cycles To Roadburn In The Netherlands
Intrepid man of pedal and metal Jamie Thomson tells the tale of his mission to cycle to the Roadburn Festival: featuring ferries, dykes, windmills, ...

Listen to Arsenal Funny football songs and AFC FIFA2014 soccer chants
Download free Arsenal Funny football songs for PES2014 and Arsenal soccer chants for FIFA2014. All football chants from Premier League and Gunners ...

Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Mitch Alison @ mitch_alison ...