i have this short source code:
---
Dim varElem As Variant
Dim strSQL As String
Dim i As Integer
Dim frm As Form

Set dbs = CurrentDb

On Error GoTo Do_Nothing
DoCmd.Close acQuery, "Auswahl", acSaveNo
dbs.QueryDefs.Delete "Auswahl"
Do_Nothing:

i = 0
If Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then
Else
strSQL = "SELECT"
    For Each varElem In Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelected
         i = i + 1
         strSQL = strSQL & " ["
         strSQL = strSQL & Liste_Auswahl.ItemData(varElem) & "]"
         If i < Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelected.Count Then
         strSQL = strSQL & ","
         End If
    Next varElem
strSQL = strSQL & " FROM FLR;"

Set qdf = dbs.CreateQueryDef("Auswahl", strSQL)

DoCmd.OpenQuery "Auswahl", acViewNormal, acReadOnly
Me.Visible = False
---

It is written using version 2000 of ms access. so i wanted to give the
whole database including this code to somebody who uses version 2002 of
ms access. in version 2002 the code doesn't function cause of a
compiling error. i think that probably one of the key words (commands)
used in the code was not found by the version 2002...

Does somebody have an idee what i should write in another way.

Thnx
Peter

0
ppfister (1)

Most likely a references issue.

Open a code window in A2002.
Choose References from the Tools menu.
Check the box beside:
    Microsoft DAO 3.6

More info:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia.

"P.Pfister" <ppfister@access.unizh.ch> wrote in message
> hi all
>
> i have this short source code:
> ---
> Dim varElem As Variant
> Dim strSQL As String
> Dim i As Integer
> Dim frm As Form
>
> Set dbs = CurrentDb
>
> On Error GoTo Do_Nothing
> DoCmd.Close acQuery, "Auswahl", acSaveNo
> dbs.QueryDefs.Delete "Auswahl"
> Do_Nothing:
>
> i = 0
> If Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then
> Else
> strSQL = "SELECT"
>     For Each varElem In Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelected
>          i = i + 1
>          strSQL = strSQL & " ["
>          strSQL = strSQL & Liste_Auswahl.ItemData(varElem) & "]"
>          If i < Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelected.Count Then
>          strSQL = strSQL & ","
>          End If
>     Next varElem
> strSQL = strSQL & " FROM FLR;"
>
> Set qdf = dbs.CreateQueryDef("Auswahl", strSQL)
>
> DoCmd.OpenQuery "Auswahl", acViewNormal, acReadOnly
> Me.Visible = False
> ---
>
> It is written using version 2000 of ms access. so i wanted to give the
> whole database including this code to somebody who uses version 2002 of
> ms access. in version 2002 the code doesn't function cause of a
> compiling error. i think that probably one of the key words (commands)
> used in the code was not found by the version 2002...
>
> Does somebody have an idee what i should write in another way.
>
> Thnx
> Peter

Accessing Access

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Function to Prevent Open MDB via Access File Menu (Access 2000 AND Access 2002
Hello Does anyone know where I can obtain a function to test whetber my front-end is open via the provided icon vs. the Access 2000/2002 file menu? I want to test the open.mdb and if opened via the Access file menu prevent opening the mdb. I know I saw something way back on such a function or test on startup in this group.. THank you. -D What are you trying to accomplish? There's probably some other way to go about this... D Kanagh wrote: > Hello > > Does anyone know where I can obtain a function to test whetber my front-end > is open via the provided icon vs. the Access 2000/2002 file menu? > > I want to test the open.mdb and if opened via the Access file menu prevent > opening the mdb. > > I know I saw something way back on such a function or test on startup in > this group.. > > > THank you. > -D ...

Help-Access 2002 to Access 2000
Anyone that may be able to help. I have MS Access 2000 installed. I need to convert some MS Access 2002 database files to MS Access 2000 needed for a course. Does anyone know how to convert? I tried but just get an error message to upgrade, but the MS website says this can be done. Thanks anyone. If the files are in Access 2002 format, you need Access 2002 (or 2003) to convert them back to Access 2000 format. You cannot open Access 2002 format files using Access 2000. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Karen" <kiy@nl.rogers.com> wrote in message news:cii6da$iau$1@nntp-stjh-01-01.rogers.nf.net... > Anyone that may be able to help. > > I have MS Access 2000 installed. I need to convert some MS Access 2002 > database files to MS Access 2000 needed for a course. Does anyone know how > to convert? I tried but just get an error message to upgrade, but the MS > website says this can be done. > > Thanks anyone. > > ...

conversion of ms access 97 application to ms access 2000
hi access gurus would appreciate if u can give me pointers regarding conversion of ms access 97 application to ms access 2000, like what are the problems to be expected and how to handle it. also would appreciate if anyone can give pointers on using VSS with ms access 2000, how to handle multiuser issues when it comes to insert, update and delete. thanx in advance, regards bala balkiicbe@yahoo.com (bala) wrote in message news:<b62a781b.0310080544.6d2a08fc@posting.google.com>... > hi access gurus > > would appreciate if u can give me pointers regarding conversion of ms > access 97 application to ms access 2000, like what are the problems to > be expected and how to handle it. > > also would appreciate if anyone can give pointers on using VSS with ms > access 2000, how to handle multiuser issues when it comes to insert, > update and delete. > > thanx in advance, > > regards > bala About the only thing that's seriously different when you upgrade from 97 to 2000 is that if you have any code behind your forms, 97 uses DAO and 2000 uses ADO, so the ADO library is registered by default in 2000. You'll just have to unregister it and register DAo 3.6 instead. Access should do the conversion for you... hi Pieter thanx for the information, well have used ADO in ms access 97 so i think the conversion shouldn't be a problem. take care and best of luck regards bala ...

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work > in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Allen Browne has an excellent calendar control at http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com www.pcdatasheet.com "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Thanks for the link...

RE: Access 2002 Objects in Access 2000
> I wrote an .ADP application in Access > 2002 and delivered it to the client. They > are not due for an upgrade till January > and are running Access 2000. They > would like to use the Application. > The 2002 enviorment was chosen > because they will be using Access 2002 > for some time after Jan. By default, Access 2002 saves in Access 2000 file format (which means you can't use any new features of Access 2002). I don't know if that is the case with ADP -- I have done a little work with ADPs, all using Access 2000 because that's what the client used, and found no advantage. I will work on a client's existing ADP if need be, but I won't create a new application as ADP. > My app will not run using Access > 2000. I have read that you can not > use the objects in 2002 in 2000. I don't understand what you mean by "use the objects in 2002 in 2000". Access 2000 does not support new features that were added for later versions. As far as I know, there's no "bootleg upgrade" that would allow you to run new Access 2002 features with Access 2000. > Any Ideas on how to reference the > MSACC.olb (2002 Access object lib) in > an 2002 project. No. I'd guess that is an object library used by the MS Access executable itself, but that is only a guess. If so, then it would be unlikely to be useful in an Access application, whether ADP or MDB. Larry Linson Microsoft Acc...

Conversion Problem: Access 2000 to Access 2002
Please excuse my ignorance in this area, being an amateur Access user. I have an Access 2000 application which runs fine, however when I convert it to Access 2002 and run it, it comes up with repeated error messages, as for example in the code below when it reaches the line rst.Edit The message is: Microsoft Visual Basic Compile Error: Method or data member not found. What is missing from my conversion? The code is as follows: Dim intdummy As Integer intdummy = tblcheck() Dim MyDb As Database Dim rst As Recordset Set MyDb = CurrentDb Set rst = MyDb.OpenRecordset("USysSecurity") 'Check if there are any records in the table If (rst.EOF And rst.BOF) Then ' There are no records in the file ' Create a record for next time With rst ..AddNew ..Update End With Else ' there are records in the file rst.Edit etc... Don't know anything about Access2002, but I suspect you are missing a reference to the Microsoft Office Library (In the VB window see Tools->References) HTH Phil "John Furphy" <johnfurphy@a1.com.au> wrote in message news:4ce579e8.0410222142.43635265@posting.google.com... > Please excuse my ignorance in this area, being an amateur Access user. > > I have an Access 2000 application which runs fine, however when I > convert it to Access 2002 and run it, it comes up with repeated error > messages, as for example in the code below when it reaches the line > > rst.Edit > > The message is: >...

View Access 2003 database in Access 2000
How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? rahulghai12@gmail.com wrote: > How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? > look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HP051863711033.aspx ...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

Installation of Access 2000 and Access 2002 on one machine
Dear reader, Can I install Access-2000 and Access-2002 on one machine with as operation system MS-XP. If same one knows how to fix this please lat me know. Thanks for any help. Kind regards, Simon van Beek > Can I install Access-2000 and Access-2002 on one machine with as operation > system MS-XP. Yes, in different folders, but it's not necessary. If you install just A2002 you can work on both types of mdb's. Peter -- No mails please. This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

Web resources about - access 2000 and access 2002 - comp.databases.ms-access

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement
Facebook launched conversion lift measurement in January 2015 with the goal of helping advertisers track conversions instead of clicks, and the ...

Planet OS Opens Access To Weather Data
... for software developers using weather data to power their apps, researchers and climate specialists enabling them to discover, access and build ...

Sci-Hub — Free access to every scientific paper ever published
Say what? How is it I only heard of this this week? Long story headlined "Should All Research Papers Be Free?" from the New York Times short: ...

​Kindle owners: update your devices or risk losing access
​Kindle owners: update your devices or risk losing access

Clerk rescinds ban on journalists' access to court motions
MANASSAS, Va. (AP) — A clerk's office in Virginia has ended a five-year policy of denying journalists access to any legal motions filed in the ...

MIT, Harvard researchers push new way for users to control access to personal data
Cryptography researchers at MIT and Harvard have developed software called Sieve that is designed to help users keep track of encrypted personal ...

Cal Investigation Finds Assistant Coach Sexually Harassed Reporter Who Accused Him Of Trying To Trade ...
... a copy of Cal’s investigation into the matter, and even Hufnagel’s own statements make it appear that he attempted to trade sex for access, ...

The Public Access Weekly: What's this?
Y'all. This week was SXSW and GDC and we are tired. So let's dive right on in so I can go back to trying to take a nap on my keyboard.

Google Wants To Improve Internet Access In Cuba, But Talks Are In 'Early Stages'
Google hopes to bring Internet access to Cuba, whose citizens are hankering for it even as they found alternative ways to get access to digital ...