Access 2000 opening in Access 2007 Issue

Hi,

I have an Access 2000 database that we have many Groups created in it
which we are now trying to use in Access 2007.

Each year we add a new group.  For example,

Sales 2004
Sales 2005
Sales 2006
Sales 2007
Sales 2008
Sales 2009

So, in Access 2000 I have just added a new group called "Sales 2010".

However, when we open up this MDB in Access 2007, the newly created
"Sales 2010" is not showing up.  While still appearing when opening
with Access 2000.

This new group does not appear in "Navigation Pane or Navigation Pane
Options" like all the others in Access 2007.

Any thoughts and/or ideas?

0
rayh (13)

Access 2007 db.accdb modified using Access 2010 can no longer be opened with Access 2007
Hi, A client sent me an Access 2007 db.accdb which I modified using 2010. The client could not open using Access 2007 "Unrecognized database format 'C:\RD\db.accdb". I tried to open using Access 2007 and got the same message. Does anyone have an explanation?? Cheers, Barry "Barry Edmund Wright" <barry.edmund.wright@witstoronto.ca> wrote > Does anyone have an explanation?? Explanation: It's easy to look back and make a version backward compatible because you can see and test with the older version (Access 2010 successfully opens the Access 2007 database) ; it's not nearly so easy to look forward and make a version (in your case Access 2007) forward compatible with whatever may be done in the _next_ version (Access 2007 not opening the database once it's been modified and saved in Access 2010). This is a known issue, discussed many times here in the newsgroup. What we don't know is whether Microsoft _thought_ they'd implemented both backward and forward compatibility in Access 2010. -- Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP Co-Author, Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions, Wiley 2010 "Barry Edmund Wright" wrote in message=20 news:8d50cbbe-0804-40ed-a420-3f13d1da89f3@hs8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...= >Hi, > >A client sent me an Access 2007 db.accdb which I modified using 2010. >The client could not open using Access 2007 "Unrecognized database >format 'C:\...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Is it possible to open an Access 2007 accdb database in Access 2003?
I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Robert Hi, Robert. >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way >I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Sorry. "Unrecognized database format." ACCDB's require Access 2007. HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials. Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com http://www.Access.QBuilt.c...

Accessing Access

Opening access database for exclusive access
hi Folks, I am opening my access database file (Access 2003) from a C# application. The connection string specifies mode=Share Exclusive The intent is that the application have exclusive access to the database file. No other instance of MS Access or this particular C# application (or any other app) should be able to open the access database file concurrently. however it seems that this is not happening. A second instance of my program run from another computer under another LAN user id can successfully open a connection to the database using the same connection string, specifying Share E...

Access 2007 Opening Access 2000 FE.mdb the first time is Slow?
Using A2007 (12.0.6334.5000) SP1 Jet 4.0 SP-8 I=92m New to Access 2007 I develop apps in Access 2000 and both FE.mdb and BE.mdb are in Access 2000 format I have a user that is getting a new computer with A2007 preinstalled. 1. When I open the Access 2000 FE.mdb the first time with Access 2007 it taks 7 minutes to open 2. When I open the Access 2000 FE.mdb a second and subsequent times thereafter with Access 2007 if only takes 20 seconds which is tipically normal There are no error messages and the application seems to work OK. What is happening during the first opening of the FE.mdb? After further analysis, I put a MsgBox in the On Open of my start-up form and it takes 7 minutes to get to the message box, then another 15 seconds to run all my start-up code and to my opening form which is normal How can I further trouble shoot this? Thanks, John JGravesNBS wrote: > Using A2007 (12.0.6334.5000) SP1 Jet 4.0 SP-8 > > I�m New to Access 2007 > > I develop apps in Access 2000 and both FE.mdb and BE.mdb are in Access > 2000 format > > I have a user that is getting a new computer with A2007 preinstalled. > > 1. When I open the Access 2000 FE.mdb the first time with Access 2007 > it taks 7 minutes to open > > 2. When I open the Access 2000 FE.mdb a second and subsequent times > thereafter with Access 2007 if only takes 20 seconds which is > tipically normal > > There are no error messages and the application seems to...

Converting from Access 2000 to Access 2007
I have continued to work with MS Office 2000, and am looking into an upgrade to 2007. Are there any major changes in Access that require retraining of Access 2000 users? I use Access largely for ad hoc queries and reporting on an old AS400 ERP database. Marguerite Plesko Redwood City, CA Access 2007 can open your A2000 MDB and use and modify it just as you did in A2000. However, the interface will be unfamiliar, e.g. the menus, toolbar, and database window are gone (replaced by ribbons and a navigation pane.) For more detail, about the changes involved, see: Converting to Access 2007 at: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <mmplesko@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c3850df7-0f9c-42f6-a2ea-83db539f4245@e38g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... >I have continued to work with MS Office 2000, and am looking into an > upgrade to 2007. > > Are there any major changes in Access that require retraining of > Access 2000 users? > > I use Access largely for ad hoc queries and reporting on an old AS400 > ERP database. > > Marguerite Plesko > Redwood City, CA ...

Access 2000 mde on Access 2007 runtime?
Is it possible to run Access 2000 .mde file on a PC that has only Access 2007 runtime installed? On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 17:39:02 +0200, "Skeptik" <zlatko.matic1@sb.t-com.hr> wrote: I believe yes, but you may not want to if you use toolbars, because they are handled differently in A2007. -Tom. >Is it possible to run Access 2000 .mde file on a PC that has only Access >2007 runtime installed? > ...

Data pastes into Access 2000 and not Access 2007
Hi all, The same database, developed in Access 2000 and opened in 2000 and 2007. Basically I copy some data from a xls into a table and have no problems doing this in access 2000 but get an error message with the access 2007 version. Does anyone have any info on this? On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:14:12 -0700 (PDT), Mat <matthew.kay@optusnet.com.au> wrote: YOU actually holds most of the info: what is the error message you are getting, and what is in the Paste Errors table? -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hi all, > >The same database, developed in Access 2000 and opened in 2000 and >2007. > >Basically I copy some data from a xls into a table and have no >problems doing this in access 2000 but get an error message with the >access 2007 version. > >Does anyone have any info on this? Just an update I found this website detailing my issue and the solution. http://www.fmsinc.com/MicrosoftAccess/Errors/ExcelPaste/Clipboard.html ...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

Warning when opening and Access 2000 file in Access 2003
Hi All, We are moving to Access 2003 in a month or so, so i started testing my data base files in v2003. When The mdb open I get 3 warning messagase about blocking unsafe expressions. Security Warning Unsafe excpressions are not blocked. Do you want to? Yes/No Security Warning Unsafe expressions are not blocked. You must have MS jet 4.0 Service pack 8 must be installed to block unsafe expressions. Do you want to open this file Yes/no This file may not be safe do you want to open it Yes/No I installed the Jet service pack and still get the warnings. What must I do to get rid of them? Thanks! Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Set the security level to low or this will plague you forever dixie "kathyk" <kathy@meercat.com> wrote in message news:41c0b1b0$1_1@127.0.0.1... > > Hi All, > We are moving to Access 2003 in a month or so, so i started testing my > data base files in v2003. When The mdb open I get 3 warning messagase > about blocking unsafe expressions. > > Security Warning Unsafe excpressions are not blocked. Do you want to? > Yes/No > > Security Warning Unsafe expressions are not blocked. You must have MS > jet 4.0 Service pack 8 must be installed to block unsafe expressions. Do > you want to open this file Yes/no > > This file may not be safe do you want to open it Yes/No > > I installed the Jet service ...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

From access 97 to access 2000
Hi, My Delphi-application uses an Access 97 database called 'sysmex.mdb'. I'd like to convert this to an Access 2000 database called 'sysmex2000.mdb'. I succeeded in converting this database to the Access 2000-format (done by Access 2000). However, the Delphi application is unable to read the Access 2000 format. These are the values of the Params field of my TDatabase component: DATABASE NAME=C:\Sysmex\Sysmex.mdb LANGDRIVER= OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE SYSTEM DATABASE= PASSWORD= Changing the database name to C:\Sysmex\Sysmex2000.mdb got me the following error: Gen...

Access 2003/Access 2007
I have a mde database file developed for a client. This was originally set up and run in Access 2003. Everything worked fine. Recently this client purchased several new computers. These computers came with Access 2007. Now whenever an Access 2007 user opens the database, it locks the database for all other users. I have checked all the Access settings I know to check. These new machines are also running Windows 7. I am not sure if this is enough information or if anyone has seen this behavior and may have some suggestions. Any help is appreciated. Hello, open the options ...

access 2000 and access 2002
hi all i have this short source code: --- Dim varElem As Variant Dim strSQL As String Dim i As Integer Dim frm As Form Set dbs = CurrentDb On Error GoTo Do_Nothing DoCmd.Close acQuery, "Auswahl", acSaveNo dbs.QueryDefs.Delete "Auswahl" Do_Nothing: i = 0 If Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then Else strSQL = "SELECT" For Each varElem In Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelected i = i + 1 strSQL = strSQL & " [" strSQL = strSQL & Liste_Auswahl.ItemData(varElem) & "]" If i < Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelec...

Web resources about - Access 2000 opening in Access 2007 Issue - comp.databases.ms-access

Opening Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Opening Day is the day on which professional baseball leagues begin their regular season. For Major League Baseball and most of the minor leagues ...

INFOGRAPHIC: Major League Baseball Facebook Standings At Opening Of 2013 Season
The New York Yankees may be injury-plagued and off to a sluggish start to the 2013 Major League Baseball season, but when it comes to Facebook ...

Victoria Beckham meets fans at opening of Hong Kong store - photo
VICTORIA Beckham seems to have a “look, don’t touch” mentality when it comes to meeting fans.

BWW TV: Go Inside Opening Night of SHE LOVES ME with Laura Benanti, Zachary Levi & More!
SHE LOVES ME officially opened on March 17, 2016, for a limited engagement through July 10, 2016 at Studio 54 on Broadway. BroadwayWorld was ...

The Helio Sequence touring, opening for Joy Formidable and Death Cab for Cutie, playing Baby's All Right ...
The Helio Sequence will be touring this spring, and the first section of those dates will be supporting The Joy Formidable. They'll then be out ...

We just had a look inside Tesla's first sales and service center in Brooklyn, New York, ahead of its ...
Tesla Motors ' new sales and service center in the Red Hook neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York , is opening this Friday to the public. Customers ...

BLS: Jobs Openings increased in January
From the BLS: Job Openings and Labor Turnover Summary The number of job openings rose to 5.5 million on the last business day of January , the ...

Duchess Kate repeats a Missoni coat at Norfolk EACH shop opening: cute?
... As in, there was a theory that Kate refuses to “work” two days in a row, and since she had already scheduled today’s charity-shop opening, she ...

Job openings rise in January
There were 5.5 million job openings in January, up from 5.28 million job openings in December.

Injured Tigers outfielder Maybin likely to miss opening day
JUPITER, Fla. (AP) — Detroit Tigers center fielder Cameron Maybin is likely to miss opening day while recovering from a fractured left wrist. ...