Access 2000 runtime vs Access 2003 compatability?

If Access 20003 is installled on a computer witth Access 2000 runtime also
installed can this cause problems?  Have uninstalled the runtime application
as a precaution, (however this was after the Access 2003 was installed), but
still can't view any databases when using Access 2003. After selecting a
database to open all that comes up is a blank screen with no database
window.

Thanks in advance

Dawn Davis

0
ad_davis (40)

I far as I know there should be know problems with the different
versions. To me this problem sound like 2003 is having problems with
the older formats (we had this problem when we upgraded). To solve this
hold down the shift key while you open the database then go to
tools->Database Utilities -> Convert database.

The only problem is older version will not be able to read the new
format

Thanks for that.  The database that I  have tried to open though is a Access
2003.mde file which I created on my own PC using Ac2003. Access 2003 won't
even open the sample Northwind databases that come with it. Again just a
blank screen is returned. Should I still try what u suggested?

Thankyou

"Russell the Muscle" <russellpehrson@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I far as I know there should be know problems with the different
> versions. To me this problem sound like 2003 is having problems with
> the older formats (we had this problem when we upgraded). To solve this
> hold down the shift key while you open the database then go to
> tools->Database Utilities -> Convert database.
>
> The only problem is older version will not be able to read the new
> format

0
ad_davis (40)

Access 2000 vs. Access 2003
Is it possible to develop an Access app in Access 2003 that will run on Access 2000? Is it just a matter of selecting "Access 2000" from the Default File Format drop down list on the Advanced Tab of the Options dialog? I need to do some quick work for a client that runs Access 2000 and I've only been doing working on 2002/2003 projects since installing Access 2003 on my development workstation. Do I need to install Access 2000 on my development workstation? I assume 2000 and 2003 will co-exist without any issues. Thanks in advance. deko wrote: > Is it possible to deve...

View Access 2003 database in Access 2000
How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? rahulghai12@gmail.com wrote: > How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? > look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HP051863711033.aspx ...

Can Shrink
I have an Access 2000 database with 4 memo fields in it named memo1 memo2 memo3 and memo4. Some fields have data in them and some don't. If I create a report and put the 4 fields (with no labels) in the detail section, keeping their height tall enough for one line of text and placing memo1 at the top of the section and memo2 directly underneath memo1 and memo3 directly under memo2 and memo4 directly under memo3, and make the 'Can Grow' and 'Can Shrink' properties both equal to 'Yes' for the 4 controls, and make the 'Can Grow' and 'Can Shrink' propert...

Accessing Access

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Create database in Access 2003 gets Access 2000 formatted DB
I just purchased a new PC that came with MS Office 2003 (Professional Ed.). I opened MS Access 2003 and created a new database but it opened with a "note in the window header bar" that says "Access 2000 File Format". 1. Why did this happen? 2. Should I delete this database and start again? 3. I am not exactly sure what level of software the end user will be at (I am creating this database for use by someone else), but I have been assured that they have MS Access. Did I do something wrong here? Suggestions, please. Thanks, much. Sueb *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** No, you didn't do anything wrong. The default format for 2002 and 2003 is 2000. You can change it if you want by clicking Tools - Database Utilities - Convert. It would be a REALLY good idea if you would learn more about your enduser environment. There have, of course, been changes since 2000, and if your enduser is going to be using 2000 you would have to maintain the 2000 format, and make SURE you didn't use a 2002-2003 specific items (like the FileDialog, for example). "Susan Bricker" <slbrick@verizon.net> wrote in message news:42531ba2$1_2@127.0.0.1... >I just purchased a new PC that came with MS Office 2003 (Professional > Ed.). I opened MS Access 2003 and created a new database but it opened > with a "note in the window header bar" that says "Access 2000 File > Format". > > 1. Why did...

Access 2003 macros in Access 2000
Hey, I created a database in Access 2003 (I didnt convert it to Access 2002-2003 format) with marcos and code. Now I need to run this database on a computer with Office 2000. I can open my database but can't run any of the macros. Is there anything can be done here except installing Access 2003? Your help will be very appreciated! San wrote: > Hey, > > I created a database in Access 2003 (I didnt convert it to Access > 2002-2003 format) with marcos and code. Now I need to run this database > on a computer with Office 2000. I can open my database but can't run > any of the macros. Is there anything can be done here except installing > Access 2003? Your help will be very appreciated! You could try to create a new empty 2000 database window in the 2000 office workstation and then try to import the objects from the other access database you are trying to open. ...

Access 2003 vs Access 2007
The is a simple example of code that worked in access 2003 but does not in access 2007. I have checked it with the debugger and the reason is the value of formField1 does not change in ver. 2007 in the code as the docmd.gotorecord,,acnext moves down the records. But it does in ver 2003. Any Suggestions? Example of Table displayed in a continous form with 5 records. 1 1 1 2 3 Example Code: When double Clicking on the 1st record the cursor should move to record 4. Private Sub formField1_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) dim vTest as Byte vTest = 1 Do While [formField1] = vTest DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext Loop End Sub Thanks. Microsoft spent big bucks developing and streamlining the Access/ Windows GUI, including scrollbars and default navigation buttons. They are fast, slick, and, TTBOMK, foolproof. Use them! Forms are for editing data, not silly buttons. On Aug 20, 10:12=A0pm, pballou <pbal...@nctc.com> wrote: >=A0Any Suggestions? On Aug 20, 9:28=A0pm, lyle fairfield <lyle.fairfi...@gmail.com> wrote: > Microsoft spent big bucks developing and streamlining the Access/ > Windows GUI, including scrollbars and default navigation buttons. They > are fast, slick, and, TTBOMK, foolproof. Use them! > Forms are for editing data, not silly buttons. > > On Aug 20, 10:12=A0pm, pballou <pbal...@nctc.com> wrote: > > > > >=A0Any Suggestions?- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text - I just si...

Access 2007 compatability with Access 2003
Hi, The organisation I work for is on the verge of buying Microsoft Office 2007 Pro Plus OLP NL. We currently use Office Pro 2003. Our business system is written in Access 2003 with a SQL Server back end. I've heard that it's possible that the version of Office we are buying may have compatability issues with Access 2003. I find this hard to believe, but does anybody know anything about this? Thanks Colin On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 12:53:55 -0800 (PST), Bobby <bobby2@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: Are you using MDB or ADP? -Tom. >Hi, >The organisation I work for is on the verge of buying Microsoft Office >2007 Pro Plus OLP NL. We currently use Office Pro 2003. Our business >system is written in Access 2003 with a SQL Server back end. > >I've heard that it's possible that the version of Office we are buying >may have compatability issues with Access 2003. I find this hard to >believe, but does anybody know anything about this? > >Thanks > >Colin On 16 Dec, 20:58, Tom van Stiphout <no.spam.tom7...@cox.net> wrote: > On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 12:53:55 -0800 (PST), Bobby > > <bob...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > > Are you using MDB or ADP? > -Tom. > > > > >Hi, > >The organisation I work for is on the verge of buying Microsoft Office > >2007 Pro Plus OLP NL. We currently use Office Pro 2003. Our business > >system is written in Access 2003 with a SQL Server back end. > >...

Conversion: Access 2000 to Access 2003
All 12 of my department's machines are being converted next week from Windows 2000/Office 2000 to Windows XP/Office 2003. I have downloaded the Migration document from Microsoft for distribution but would like your input regarding Access as many of our group use it. I am concerned especially about linking to other Access databases. And about connecting to Dbo data. We also regularly connect to and from Excel files. All of our databases are rather small, and we do not share many, so SQL Server is not an issue. Looking forward to hearing your insight. As Lyle and David can attest to, I've had a bad deal with Office 2003 on Windows XP. For whatever reason, Access 2003 imported about 5 times as many records as it was supposed to when working with ONE query only. No other queries displayed this problem. It seems to have something to do with Access' interaction with dBASE IV files. I don't know if this problem exists when using other types of external files. In a nutshell, it seems to me that you will probably have a number of problems at first, but you will eventually find them all and either be able to fix them or create workarounds for them. "Deb" <koplend@swbell.net> wrote in news:1134069789.188901.195630@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > All 12 of my department's machines are being converted next week > from Windows 2000/Office 2000 to Windows XP/Office 2003. I have > downloaded the Migration document from Microsoft for ...

Create Access 2000 MDB from Access 2003
I have upgraded my computer to Access 2003, but I have not converted my databases since all of my clients still use Access 2000. I need to create a new MDB, but Access is telling me that I will have to convert the database to 2003 before it will make an MDB. What are my options? If I convert the database, I assume that Access 2000 and A2k runtime will no longer be able to read the MDE. Can I re-install A2k on my machine? Is there another option? Thanks in advance. You can convert it back to A2K format after you build it. Tools -> Database Utilities -> Convert Database -> To Access 2000 File Format Kevin >>> KEMDignam<kmitchel@otsysinc.com> 4/12/2005 7:11:11 AM >>> >I have upgraded my computer to Access 2003, but I have not >converted my >databases since all of my clients still use Access 2000. I >need to >create a new MDB, but Access is telling me that I will have >to convert >the database to 2003 before it will make an MDB. What are >my options? >If I convert the database, I assume that Access 2000 and >A2k runtime >will no longer be able to read the MDE. Can I re-install >A2k on my >machine? Is there another option? > >Thanks in advance. Tools | Options allows you to specify "Save in Access 2000 Format" in Access 2003. In fact, that is the default choice. You should not have to convert, if that is set, to create an Access 2000 MDB with Access 2003. If, in fact, you mean a...

Corruption Manifests In Access 2000 But Not In Access 2003
Can anyone cast any light on the following. I have a database that I have written in Access 2003 using 2000 file format. Everything was working OK when running it under Access 2003 but when I tried running it under Access 2000 if fell over when I tried to open some of the reports. I then tried opening it in Access 2003 again and it brought up the message about saving a copy and repairing - but it wouldn't repair. I then decompiled, compacted and recompiled and it would run fine under both versions of Access with no problems. However after doing some changes using Access 2003 the same p...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

Differences between Access 97 and Access 2000/2003
Hi All, Our company is migrating from Windows NT to XP and in the process from Access 97 to Access 2003. Due to the phased rollout we are faced with a situation where some users are still on NT while others have been fully upgraded, but all users need to use the same Access databases. At first we tried just opening the Access 97 databases with XP but we were worried that some of the less computer-literate employees may click "yes" on the "Do you want to convert this database to the latest version" prompt. The solution we have come up with is to create an exact duplicate of the database in XP but with all the Tables removed and relinked to the 97 version. This solution is working well on the whole but there have been a couple of instances where that database has required a repair. The main problem we are still having is that my colleagues and I can no longer make any changes to the database while there are any users in. Is this a setting which we can change? For instance, on 97 you could alter a form in the live database and then save the altered form......XP doesn't seem to allow you to do that. Any help would be massively appreciated. Thanks in Advance, John John, as you found, Access 2000 and later do a monolithic save, and there is no setting to override this. For other suggestions on adapting to the newer versions, see: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html (The monolithic save is...

Statement works in Access 2000 but not Access 2003
The following statement works in Access 2000, but when I run the same database in Access 2003, I get a #Num! error. =IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount]),0,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount])/IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]),1,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]) Any ideas? Thanks, Brian BerkshireGuy <bdaoust@yahoo.com> wrote: > The following statement works in Access 2000, but when I run the same > database in Access 2003, I get a #Num! error. > > =IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount]),0,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount])/IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]),1,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]) > > Any ideas? I've had a few things not work when going from 2000->2003..... #Num! suggests an arithmetic problem (as is #Div!). Seperate out each part of your statement and display them in seperate controls. Check the values and make sure they are valid. -- regards, Bradley A Christian Response http://www.pastornet.net.au/response ...

Access 2000 mde on Access 2007 runtime?
Is it possible to run Access 2000 .mde file on a PC that has only Access 2007 runtime installed? On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 17:39:02 +0200, "Skeptik" <zlatko.matic1@sb.t-com.hr> wrote: I believe yes, but you may not want to if you use toolbars, because they are handled differently in A2007. -Tom. >Is it possible to run Access 2000 .mde file on a PC that has only Access >2007 runtime installed? > ...

Web resources about - Access 2000 runtime vs Access 2003 compatability? - comp.databases.ms-access

Viber update adds Ice Cream Sandwich compatability
... cross-platform VoIP app popular for its free voice calling and text messaging, has received its official upgrade for Ice Cream Sandwich-compatability, ...

Vista compatability: Still dead on arrival
A few days ago, to counter bad press about Vista, Microsoft announced the launch of the Windows Vista Compatibility Center, a web site to prove ...

Xbox One Getting A Lot More Useful With Backwards Compatability
( Alan Rappa ) When Microsoft and Sony announced their current slate of gaming consoles in 2013, neither manufacturer included backwards compatibility, ...

Rumor claims Castle Crashers and Borderlands getting Backwards Compatability
According to some images floating around on the internet this morning, Castle Crashers and Borderlands might be some of the next games getting ...

Sony: Backwards Compatability Definitely Not Coming To PS4
LOS ANGELES, CA - JUNE 15: President of Sony's Worldwide Studios, Shuhei Yoshida (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images) Backwards compatibility ...

Release 1.2.0.0 - Pri v2 Compatability - SHOULD FIX CAN'T LOGIN ISSUES · PFCKrutonium/Windows-10-Log ...
Windows-10-Login-Background-Changer - Changes the Windows 10 Login Screen Background

DNA-Compatability Dating Works, Kind Of
Jezebel is gossip, culture, fashion, and sex for the contemporary woman.

Retailers Listing 40GB PS3, Backward Compatability Nixed
More evidence of the all-but-confirmed "low cost model" 40GB version of the PLAYSTATION 3 has popped up in a variety of locations, with Best ...

Nexus Q app updated for Android 2.3.3+, YouTube gains Nexus Q compatability
The Nexus Q has been one of the most elusive items of the year so far, but that doesn't stop Google from supporting it. They've updated their ...

Xbox One gets Xbox 360 backward compatability — something the PlayStation 4 doesn’t have with PS3
For all of GamesBeat's E3 2015 coverage, click here . LOS ANGELES — Microsoft announced today that it will open up backward compatibility for ...