Access 2000 vs. Access 2003

Is it possible to develop an Access app in Access 2003 that will run on
Access 2000?  Is it just a matter of selecting "Access 2000" from the
Default File Format drop down list on the Advanced Tab of the Options
dialog?

I need to do some quick work for a client that runs Access 2000 and I've
only been doing working on 2002/2003 projects since installing Access 2003
on my development workstation.  Do I need to install Access 2000 on my
development workstation?  I assume 2000 and 2003 will co-exist without any
issues.

Thanks in advance.

0
deko1 (150)

deko wrote:
> Is it possible to develop an Access app in Access 2003 that will run
> on Access 2000?  Is it just a matter of selecting "Access 2000" from
> the Default File Format drop down list on the Advanced Tab of the
> Options dialog?
>
> I need to do some quick work for a client that runs Access 2000 and
> I've only been doing working on 2002/2003 projects since installing
> Access 2003 on my development workstation.  Do I need to install
> Access 2000 on my development workstation?  I assume 2000 and 2003
> will co-exist without any issues.
>
> Thanks in advance.

In addition to the file format you also have to avoid using any features that
wered added in 2002 and 2003 that don't exist in 2000.  Other than that you
should be fine.

Oh...and you won't be able to give them an MDE since 2003 can only make an MDE
in the newer file format.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message.     Send instead to...

0
rickbrandt2 (2458)
2/25/2005 12:15:47 PM
> In addition to the file format you also have to avoid using any features
that
> wered added in 2002 and 2003 that don't exist in 2000.  Other than that
you
> should be fine.
>
> Oh...and you won't be able to give them an MDE since 2003 can only make an
MDE
> in the newer file format.

Thanks.

I immediately ran into a problem with the Common Dialog with Access 2000...
will repost...

0
deko1 (150)
2/25/2005 1:27:20 PM
deko wrote:
>> In addition to the file format you also have to avoid using any
>> features that wered added in 2002 and 2003 that don't exist in 2000.
>> Other than that you should be fine.
>>
>> Oh...and you won't be able to give them an MDE since 2003 can only
>> make an MDE in the newer file format.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I immediately ran into a problem with the Common Dialog with Access
> 2000... will repost...

Never use it (or any other ActiveX controls).  More likely a difference
between two PCs than having anything to do with the Access version.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message.     Send instead to...
RBrandt    at       Hunter      dot      com

0
rickbrandt2 (2458)
2/25/2005 2:19:29 PM
> > I immediately ran into a problem with the Common Dialog with Access
> > 2000... will repost...
>
> Never use it (or any other ActiveX controls).  More likely a difference
> between two PCs than having anything to do with the Access version.

I think that's the issue - I was using ActiveX to get the dialog with Access
2003, now I need another way.  I found some code on Microsoft's site to get
a file picker, but still need code for a folder picker.  If you have code
for a folder picker, that would be a big help.

Here's what I've got for the file picker dialog:

Private Declare Function GetOpenFileName Lib "comdlg32.dll" Alias _
    "GetOpenFileNameA" (pOpenfilename As OPENFILENAME) As Long

Private Type OPENFILENAME
    lStructSize As Long
    hwndOwner As Long
    hInstance As Long
    lpstrFilter As String
    lpstrCustomFilter As String
    nMaxCustFilter As Long
    nFilterIndex As Long
    lpstrFile As String
    nMaxFile As Long
    lpstrFileTitle As String
    nMaxFileTitle As Long
    lpstrInitialDir As String
    lpstrTitle As String
    flags As Long
    nFileOffset As Integer
    nFileExtension As Integer
    lpstrDefExt As String
    lCustData As Long
    lpfnHook As Long
    lpTemplateName As String
End Type

Private Function LaunchCD(strForm As Form, strSelect As String) As String
    Dim OpenFile As OPENFILENAME
    Dim lReturn As Long
    Dim sFilter As String
    OpenFile.lStructSize = Len(OpenFile)
    OpenFile.hwndOwner = strForm.hWnd
    sFilter = "Excel Workbooks (*.xls)" & Chr(0) & "*.xls" & Chr(0)
    OpenFile.lpstrFilter = sFilter
    OpenFile.nFilterIndex = 1
    OpenFile.lpstrFile = String(257, 0)
    OpenFile.nMaxFile = Len(OpenFile.lpstrFile) - 1
    OpenFile.lpstrFileTitle = OpenFile.lpstrFile
    OpenFile.nMaxFileTitle = OpenFile.nMaxFile
    OpenFile.lpstrInitialDir = "C:\"
    OpenFile.lpstrTitle = strSelect
    OpenFile.flags = 0
    lReturn = GetOpenFileName(OpenFile)
        If lReturn <> 0 Then
            LaunchCD = Trim(Left(OpenFile.lpstrFile, InStr(1,
OpenFile.lpstrFile, vbNullChar) - 1))
         End If
End Function

0
deko1 (150)
2/25/2005 2:34:23 PM
deko wrote:
>>> I immediately ran into a problem with the Common Dialog with Access
>>> 2000... will repost...
>>
>> Never use it (or any other ActiveX controls).  More likely a
>> difference between two PCs than having anything to do with the
>> Access version.
>
> I think that's the issue - I was using ActiveX to get the dialog with
> Access 2003, now I need another way.  I found some code on
> Microsoft's site to get a file picker, but still need code for a
> folder picker.  If you have code for a folder picker, that would be a
> big help.

Try this:

Public Function BrowseFolder(szDialogTitle As String) As String

  Dim X As Long, bi As BROWSEINFO, dwIList As Long
  Dim szPath As String, wPos As Integer

    With bi
        .hOwner = hWndAccessApp
        .lpszTitle = szDialogTitle
        .ulFlags = BIF_RETURNONLYFSDIRS
    End With

    dwIList = SHBrowseForFolder(bi)
    szPath = Space$(512)
    X = SHGetPathFromIDList(ByVal dwIList, ByVal szPath)

    If X Then
        wPos = InStr(szPath, Chr(0))
        BrowseFolder = Left$(szPath, wPos - 1)
     Else
        BrowseFolder = vbNullString
    End If

End Function

Call it like this:

Dim strFolderName As String
strFolderName = BrowseFolder("whatever message you want")

> Here's what I've got for the file picker dialog:
>
> Private Declare Function GetOpenFileName Lib "comdlg32.dll" Alias _
>     "GetOpenFileNameA" (pOpenfilename As OPENFILENAME) As Long
>
> Private Type OPENFILENAME
>     lStructSize As Long
>     hwndOwner As Long
>     hInstance As Long
>     lpstrFilter As String
>     lpstrCustomFilter As String
>     nMaxCustFilter As Long
>     nFilterIndex As Long
>     lpstrFile As String
>     nMaxFile As Long
>     lpstrFileTitle As String
>     nMaxFileTitle As Long
>     lpstrInitialDir As String
>     lpstrTitle As String
>     flags As Long
>     nFileOffset As Integer
>     nFileExtension As Integer
>     lpstrDefExt As String
>     lCustData As Long
>     lpfnHook As Long
>     lpTemplateName As String
> End Type
>
> Private Function LaunchCD(strForm As Form, strSelect As String) As
>     String Dim OpenFile As OPENFILENAME
>     Dim lReturn As Long
>     Dim sFilter As String
>     OpenFile.lStructSize = Len(OpenFile)
>     OpenFile.hwndOwner = strForm.hWnd
>     sFilter = "Excel Workbooks (*.xls)" & Chr(0) & "*.xls" & Chr(0)
>     OpenFile.lpstrFilter = sFilter
>     OpenFile.nFilterIndex = 1
>     OpenFile.lpstrFile = String(257, 0)
>     OpenFile.nMaxFile = Len(OpenFile.lpstrFile) - 1
>     OpenFile.lpstrFileTitle = OpenFile.lpstrFile
>     OpenFile.nMaxFileTitle = OpenFile.nMaxFile
>     OpenFile.lpstrInitialDir = "C:\"
>     OpenFile.lpstrTitle = strSelect
>     OpenFile.flags = 0
>     lReturn = GetOpenFileName(OpenFile)
>         If lReturn <> 0 Then
>             LaunchCD = Trim(Left(OpenFile.lpstrFile, InStr(1,
> OpenFile.lpstrFile, vbNullChar) - 1))
>          End If
> End Function

0
nospam2091 (10001)
2/25/2005 3:26:05 PM
 "bi As BROWSEINFO"  produced a compile error. What library does this
reference?

DFS wrote:

> [...]
> >     lpTemplateName As String
> > End Type
> >
> > Private Function LaunchCD(strForm As Form, strSelect As String) As
> >     String Dim OpenFile As OPENFILENAME
> >     Dim lReturn As Long
> >     Dim sFilter As String
> >     OpenFile.lStructSize = Len(OpenFile)
> >     OpenFile.hwndOwner = strForm.hWnd
> >     sFilter = "Excel Workbooks (*.xls)" & Chr(0) & "*.xls" & Chr(0)
> >     OpenFile.lpstrFilter = sFilter
> >     OpenFile.nFilterIndex = 1
> >     OpenFile.lpstrFile = String(257, 0)
> >     OpenFile.nMaxFile = Len(OpenFile.lpstrFile) - 1
> >     OpenFile.lpstrFileTitle = OpenFile.lpstrFile
> >     OpenFile.nMaxFileTitle = OpenFile.nMaxFile
> >     OpenFile.lpstrInitialDir = "C:\"
> >     OpenFile.lpstrTitle = strSelect
> >     OpenFile.flags = 0
> >     lReturn = GetOpenFileName(OpenFile)
> >         If lReturn <> 0 Then
> >             LaunchCD = Trim(Left(OpenFile.lpstrFile, InStr(1,
See http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0002.htm at "The Access Web" for the
complete code.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Norman Scheinin" <norman.b.scheinin@boeing.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> >     lpTemplateName As String
>> > End Type
>> >
>> > Private Function LaunchCD(strForm As Form, strSelect As String) As
>> >     String Dim OpenFile As OPENFILENAME
>> >     Dim lReturn As Long
>> >     Dim sFilter As String
>> >     OpenFile.lStructSize = Len(OpenFile)
>> >     OpenFile.hwndOwner = strForm.hWnd
>> >     sFilter = "Excel Workbooks (*.xls)" & Chr(0) & "*.xls" & Chr(0)
>> >     OpenFile.lpstrFilter = sFilter
>> >     OpenFile.nFilterIndex = 1
>> >     OpenFile.lpstrFile = String(257, 0)
>> >     OpenFile.nMaxFile = Len(OpenFile.lpstrFile) - 1
>> >     OpenFile.lpstrFileTitle = OpenFile.lpstrFile
>> >     OpenFile.nMaxFileTitle = OpenFile.nMaxFile
>> >     OpenFile.lpstrInitialDir = "C:\"
>> >     OpenFile.lpstrTitle = strSelect
>> >     OpenFile.flags = 0
>> >     lReturn = GetOpenFileName(OpenFile)
>> >         If lReturn <> 0 Then
>> >             LaunchCD = Trim(Left(OpenFile.lpstrFile, InStr(1,

Fantastic!  Thanks very much.

0
deko1 (150)

View Access 2003 database in Access 2000
How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? rahulghai12@gmail.com wrote: > How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? > look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HP051863711033.aspx ...

Access 2000 runtime vs Access 2003 compatability?
If Access 20003 is installled on a computer witth Access 2000 runtime also installed can this cause problems? Have uninstalled the runtime application as a precaution, (however this was after the Access 2003 was installed), but still can't view any databases when using Access 2003. After selecting a database to open all that comes up is a blank screen with no database window. Thanks in advance Dawn Davis I far as I know there should be know problems with the different versions. To me this problem sound like 2003 is having problems with the older formats (we had this problem when we upgraded). To solve this hold down the shift key while you open the database then go to tools->Database Utilities -> Convert database. The only problem is older version will not be able to read the new format Thanks for that. The database that I have tried to open though is a Access 2003.mde file which I created on my own PC using Ac2003. Access 2003 won't even open the sample Northwind databases that come with it. Again just a blank screen is returned. Should I still try what u suggested? Thankyou "Russell the Muscle" <russellpehrson@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:1112230570.343956.229610@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I far as I know there should be know problems with the different > versions. To me this problem sound like 2003 is having problems with > the older formats (we had this problem when we upgraded). To solve this >...

Can Shrink
I have an Access 2000 database with 4 memo fields in it named memo1 memo2 memo3 and memo4. Some fields have data in them and some don't. If I create a report and put the 4 fields (with no labels) in the detail section, keeping their height tall enough for one line of text and placing memo1 at the top of the section and memo2 directly underneath memo1 and memo3 directly under memo2 and memo4 directly under memo3, and make the 'Can Grow' and 'Can Shrink' properties both equal to 'Yes' for the 4 controls, and make the 'Can Grow' and 'Can Shrink' propert...

Accessing Access

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Create database in Access 2003 gets Access 2000 formatted DB
I just purchased a new PC that came with MS Office 2003 (Professional Ed.). I opened MS Access 2003 and created a new database but it opened with a "note in the window header bar" that says "Access 2000 File Format". 1. Why did this happen? 2. Should I delete this database and start again? 3. I am not exactly sure what level of software the end user will be at (I am creating this database for use by someone else), but I have been assured that they have MS Access. Did I do something wrong here? Suggestions, please. Thanks, much. Sueb *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** No, you didn't do anything wrong. The default format for 2002 and 2003 is 2000. You can change it if you want by clicking Tools - Database Utilities - Convert. It would be a REALLY good idea if you would learn more about your enduser environment. There have, of course, been changes since 2000, and if your enduser is going to be using 2000 you would have to maintain the 2000 format, and make SURE you didn't use a 2002-2003 specific items (like the FileDialog, for example). "Susan Bricker" <slbrick@verizon.net> wrote in message news:42531ba2$1_2@127.0.0.1... >I just purchased a new PC that came with MS Office 2003 (Professional > Ed.). I opened MS Access 2003 and created a new database but it opened > with a "note in the window header bar" that says "Access 2000 File > Format". > > 1. Why did...

Access 2003 vs Access 2007
The is a simple example of code that worked in access 2003 but does not in access 2007. I have checked it with the debugger and the reason is the value of formField1 does not change in ver. 2007 in the code as the docmd.gotorecord,,acnext moves down the records. But it does in ver 2003. Any Suggestions? Example of Table displayed in a continous form with 5 records. 1 1 1 2 3 Example Code: When double Clicking on the 1st record the cursor should move to record 4. Private Sub formField1_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) dim vTest as Byte vTest = 1 Do While [formField1] = vTest DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext Loop End Sub Thanks. Microsoft spent big bucks developing and streamlining the Access/ Windows GUI, including scrollbars and default navigation buttons. They are fast, slick, and, TTBOMK, foolproof. Use them! Forms are for editing data, not silly buttons. On Aug 20, 10:12=A0pm, pballou <pbal...@nctc.com> wrote: >=A0Any Suggestions? On Aug 20, 9:28=A0pm, lyle fairfield <lyle.fairfi...@gmail.com> wrote: > Microsoft spent big bucks developing and streamlining the Access/ > Windows GUI, including scrollbars and default navigation buttons. They > are fast, slick, and, TTBOMK, foolproof. Use them! > Forms are for editing data, not silly buttons. > > On Aug 20, 10:12=A0pm, pballou <pbal...@nctc.com> wrote: > > > > >=A0Any Suggestions?- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text - I just si...

Conversion: Access 2000 to Access 2003
All 12 of my department's machines are being converted next week from Windows 2000/Office 2000 to Windows XP/Office 2003. I have downloaded the Migration document from Microsoft for distribution but would like your input regarding Access as many of our group use it. I am concerned especially about linking to other Access databases. And about connecting to Dbo data. We also regularly connect to and from Excel files. All of our databases are rather small, and we do not share many, so SQL Server is not an issue. Looking forward to hearing your insight. As Lyle and David can attest to, I've had a bad deal with Office 2003 on Windows XP. For whatever reason, Access 2003 imported about 5 times as many records as it was supposed to when working with ONE query only. No other queries displayed this problem. It seems to have something to do with Access' interaction with dBASE IV files. I don't know if this problem exists when using other types of external files. In a nutshell, it seems to me that you will probably have a number of problems at first, but you will eventually find them all and either be able to fix them or create workarounds for them. "Deb" <koplend@swbell.net> wrote in news:1134069789.188901.195630@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > All 12 of my department's machines are being converted next week > from Windows 2000/Office 2000 to Windows XP/Office 2003. I have > downloaded the Migration document from Microsoft for ...

Access 2003 macros in Access 2000
Hey, I created a database in Access 2003 (I didnt convert it to Access 2002-2003 format) with marcos and code. Now I need to run this database on a computer with Office 2000. I can open my database but can't run any of the macros. Is there anything can be done here except installing Access 2003? Your help will be very appreciated! San wrote: > Hey, > > I created a database in Access 2003 (I didnt convert it to Access > 2002-2003 format) with marcos and code. Now I need to run this database > on a computer with Office 2000. I can open my database but can't run > any of the macros. Is there anything can be done here except installing > Access 2003? Your help will be very appreciated! You could try to create a new empty 2000 database window in the 2000 office workstation and then try to import the objects from the other access database you are trying to open. ...

Statement works in Access 2000 but not Access 2003
The following statement works in Access 2000, but when I run the same database in Access 2003, I get a #Num! error. =IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount]),0,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount])/IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]),1,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]) Any ideas? Thanks, Brian BerkshireGuy <bdaoust@yahoo.com> wrote: > The following statement works in Access 2000, but when I run the same > database in Access 2003, I get a #Num! error. > > =IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount]),0,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthPaidRevised]![HPCount])/IIf(IsError([Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]),1,[Reports]![rptDIAppActivityRevised]![rptHealthApprovedRevised]![HACount]) > > Any ideas? I've had a few things not work when going from 2000->2003..... #Num! suggests an arithmetic problem (as is #Div!). Seperate out each part of your statement and display them in seperate controls. Check the values and make sure they are valid. -- regards, Bradley A Christian Response http://www.pastornet.net.au/response ...

Differences between Access 97 and Access 2000/2003
Hi All, Our company is migrating from Windows NT to XP and in the process from Access 97 to Access 2003. Due to the phased rollout we are faced with a situation where some users are still on NT while others have been fully upgraded, but all users need to use the same Access databases. At first we tried just opening the Access 97 databases with XP but we were worried that some of the less computer-literate employees may click "yes" on the "Do you want to convert this database to the latest version" prompt. The solution we have come up with is to create an exact duplicate of the database in XP but with all the Tables removed and relinked to the 97 version. This solution is working well on the whole but there have been a couple of instances where that database has required a repair. The main problem we are still having is that my colleagues and I can no longer make any changes to the database while there are any users in. Is this a setting which we can change? For instance, on 97 you could alter a form in the live database and then save the altered form......XP doesn't seem to allow you to do that. Any help would be massively appreciated. Thanks in Advance, John John, as you found, Access 2000 and later do a monolithic save, and there is no setting to override this. For other suggestions on adapting to the newer versions, see: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-48.html (The monolithic save is...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

Create Access 2000 MDB from Access 2003
I have upgraded my computer to Access 2003, but I have not converted my databases since all of my clients still use Access 2000. I need to create a new MDB, but Access is telling me that I will have to convert the database to 2003 before it will make an MDB. What are my options? If I convert the database, I assume that Access 2000 and A2k runtime will no longer be able to read the MDE. Can I re-install A2k on my machine? Is there another option? Thanks in advance. You can convert it back to A2K format after you build it. Tools -> Database Utilities -> Convert Database -> To Access 2000 File Format Kevin >>> KEMDignam<kmitchel@otsysinc.com> 4/12/2005 7:11:11 AM >>> >I have upgraded my computer to Access 2003, but I have not >converted my >databases since all of my clients still use Access 2000. I >need to >create a new MDB, but Access is telling me that I will have >to convert >the database to 2003 before it will make an MDB. What are >my options? >If I convert the database, I assume that Access 2000 and >A2k runtime >will no longer be able to read the MDE. Can I re-install >A2k on my >machine? Is there another option? > >Thanks in advance. Tools | Options allows you to specify "Save in Access 2000 Format" in Access 2003. In fact, that is the default choice. You should not have to convert, if that is set, to create an Access 2000 MDB with Access 2003. If, in fact, you mean a...

Corruption Manifests In Access 2000 But Not In Access 2003
Can anyone cast any light on the following. I have a database that I have written in Access 2003 using 2000 file format. Everything was working OK when running it under Access 2003 but when I tried running it under Access 2000 if fell over when I tried to open some of the reports. I then tried opening it in Access 2003 again and it brought up the message about saving a copy and repairing - but it wouldn't repair. I then decompiled, compacted and recompiled and it would run fine under both versions of Access with no problems. However after doing some changes using Access 2003 the same p...

Web Support in Access 97 Vs Access 2000
Hi: I am the ?proud? owner of Access 2000, and have been using it for a while (with help from this group). I now want to put some Access applications on the web. An associate told me that this was "a slam dunk" ( to use George Tenant phrase), because Access had all the tools you needed built in. Well after a suitable struggle, I found that he was talking about access 97, which had the following capabilities: Wizards to save forms, queries, tables and reports and Pages as HTML Publish to the web HTML Importing & Saving I believe the last of these is still available, but all t...

Web resources about - Access 2000 vs. Access 2003 - comp.databases.ms-access

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement
Facebook launched conversion lift measurement in January 2015 with the goal of helping advertisers track conversions instead of clicks, and the ...

Planet OS Opens Access To Weather Data
... for software developers using weather data to power their apps, researchers and climate specialists enabling them to discover, access and build ...

Access your clipboard from any PC or Mac with 1Clipboard
1Clipboard is a free tool which enables sharing your clipboard contents with other PCs or Macs. The developer says that Android and iOS apps ...

Sci-Hub — Free access to every scientific paper ever published
Say what? How is it I only heard of this this week? Long story headlined "Should All Research Papers Be Free?" from the New York Times short: ...

US says losing access to China-claimed waters would be huge
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A U.S. Navy commander warned Wednesday that if the United States lost access to international waters claimed by China ...

MIT, Harvard researchers push new way for users to control access to personal data
Cryptography researchers at MIT and Harvard have developed software called Sieve that is designed to help users keep track of encrypted personal ...

How to access Google Drive files faster with Launch Center Pro
... Launch Center Pro has solved many workflow problems for me over the years. Most recently it’s been an immense time-saver when it comes to accessing ...

Cal Investigation Finds Assistant Coach Sexually Harassed Reporter Who Accused Him Of Trying To Trade ...
... a copy of Cal’s investigation into the matter, and even Hufnagel’s own statements make it appear that he attempted to trade sex for access, ...

Paragon's early access starts now, no more progress wipes
Paragon is gearing up for launch in the future, but for now, Epic is keen on putting it into an Early Access phase. The good news is that there ...