Access 2002 mdb fails when used by Access 2002

We are having a problem with Access 2002 as opposed to Access 2000.
A multi-file query was set up under 2000 and tested good.  Access is
connected through a link to an Oracle 9.1 database.  The database
(mdb) was installed in
remote client machines working with Access2000 and it worked fine.
When the query was put on an Access2002 machine, it came up with
"ORA-01017 invalid logon/password", and fails.  The failing machine
passes other queries and operations with the same Oracle database
without problem.

   Any help is appreciated.

0
choughton (4)

mainframetech wrote:

> We are having a problem with Access 2002 as opposed to Access 2000.
> A multi-file query was set up under 2000 and tested good.  Access is
> connected through a link to an Oracle 9.1 database.  The database
> (mdb) was installed in
> remote client machines working with Access2000 and it worked fine.
> When the query was put on an Access2002 machine, it came up with
> "ORA-01017 invalid logon/password", and fails.  The failing machine
> passes other queries and operations with the same Oracle database
> without problem.
>
>    Any help is appreciated.

Is the query created in the query builder or via handcode?  If handcode,
is it possible something is misspelled?  An incorrect reference?

Since it's multi-file, perhaps send the user a set of that
queries...each query truncate/remove one table and column references to
that table.  You might find which table it's bombing out on.

Maybe delete, then compact, then rewrite the query from scratch.
0
oil (4047)
4/19/2007 4:56:48 PM
On Apr 19, 12:56 pm, salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote:
> mainframetech wrote:
> > We are having a problem with Access 2002 as opposed to Access 2000.
> > A multi-file query was set up under 2000 and tested good.  Access is
> > connected through a link to an Oracle 9.1 database.  The database
> > (mdb) was installed in
> > remote client machines working with Access2000 and it worked fine.
> > When the query was put on an Access2002 machine, it came up with
> > "ORA-01017 invalid logon/password", and fails.  The failing machine
> > passes other queries and operations with the same Oracle database
> > without problem.
>
> >    Any help is appreciated.
>
> Is the query created in the query builder or via handcode?  If handcode,
> is it possible something is misspelled?  An incorrect reference?
>
> Since it's multi-file, perhaps send the user a set of that
> queries...each query truncate/remove one table and column references to
> that table.  You might find which table it's bombing out on.
>
> Maybe delete, then compact, then rewrite the query from scratch.

    All the simple stuff has been checked into.  The mdb with the
query is created on Access2000 and tested here and at the client
location on an Access2000 machine.  This runs fine.  When put on an
Access2002 machine at the client location, it fails with the logon/
password error (ORA-01017) almost immediately.

Chris

0
choughton (4)
4/20/2007 4:57:39 PM
mainframetech wrote:

> On Apr 19, 12:56 pm, salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote:
>
>>mainframetech wrote:
>>
>>>We are having a problem with Access 2002 as opposed to Access 2000.
>>>A multi-file query was set up under 2000 and tested good.  Access is
>>>connected through a link to an Oracle 9.1 database.  The database
>>>(mdb) was installed in
>>>remote client machines working with Access2000 and it worked fine.
>>>When the query was put on an Access2002 machine, it came up with
>>>"ORA-01017 invalid logon/password", and fails.  The failing machine
>>>passes other queries and operations with the same Oracle database
>>>without problem.
>>
>>>   Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>Is the query created in the query builder or via handcode?  If handcode,
>>is it possible something is misspelled?  An incorrect reference?
>>
>>Since it's multi-file, perhaps send the user a set of that
>>queries...each query truncate/remove one table and column references to
>>that table.  You might find which table it's bombing out on.
>>
>>Maybe delete, then compact, then rewrite the query from scratch.
>

>     All the simple stuff has been checked into.  The mdb with the
> query is created on Access2000 and tested here and at the client
> location on an Access2000 machine.  This runs fine.  When put on an
> Access2002 machine at the client location, it fails with the logon/
> password error (ORA-01017) almost immediately.
>
> Chris

I don't know your setup.  Does the remote site have multiple users?  If
so, is it only 1 user that has a problem?  Is he/she the only person
using A2002?  Does that person have A2000?  Does it work on that machine
with A2000 but rejects A2002?

Again, since it's a multi-table query, can that person access each table
in a simple SQL Select?

I went to
	http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&
and entered
	ora-01017 ora01017
in the With At Least One Word box and entered
	*Oracle*
in the groups box and searched.

There's 271 messages you can browse, one of them may turn the lightbulb on.

0
oil (4047)
4/21/2007 1:27:13 AM
On Apr 20, 9:27 pm, salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote:
> mainframetech wrote:

> >>Is the query created in the query builder or via handcode?  If handcode,
> >>is it possible something is misspelled?  An incorrect reference?
>
> >>Since it's multi-file, perhaps send the user a set of that
> >>queries...each query truncate/remove one table and column references to
> >>that table.  You might find which table it's bombing out on.
>
> >>Maybe delete, then compact, then rewrite the query from scratch.
>
> >     All the simple stuff has been checked into.  The mdb with the
> > query is created on Access2000 and tested here and at the client
> > location on an Access2000 machine.  This runs fine.  When put on an
> > Access2002 machine at the client location, it fails with the logon/
> > password error (ORA-01017) almost immediately.
>
> > Chris
>
> I don't know your setup.  Does the remote site have multiple users?  If
> so, is it only 1 user that has a problem?  Is he/she the only person
> using A2002?  Does that person have A2000?  Does it work on that machine
> with A2000 but rejects A2002?
>
> Again, since it's a multi-table query, can that person access each table
> in a simple SQL Select?
>
> I went to
>        http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&
> and entered
>         ora-01017 ora01017
> in the With At Least One Word box and entered
>         *Oracle*
> in the groups box and searched.
>
> There's 271 messages you can browse, one of them may turn the lightbulb on.- Hide quoted text -

  They have already tried accessing each table directly, which works
fine.  We have tried it on other machines that have Access2000, and it
works fine.  Only under Access2002 does it fail.  the machine at the
client site has only one user.  I've gone through the MS Knowledge
Base, but don't see anything there.

Chris

0
choughton (4)
4/23/2007 4:46:23 PM
mainframetech wrote:
> On Apr 20, 9:27 pm, salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote:
>
>>mainframetech wrote:

>>>    All the simple stuff has been checked into.  The mdb with the
>>>query is created on Access2000 and tested here and at the client
>>>location on an Access2000 machine.  This runs fine.  When put on an
>>>Access2002 machine at the client location, it fails with the logon/
>>>password error (ORA-01017) almost immediately.
>>
>>>Chris
>>
>>I don't know your setup.  Does the remote site have multiple users?  If
>>so, is it only 1 user that has a problem?  Is he/she the only person
>>using A2002?  Does that person have A2000?  Does it work on that machine
>>with A2000 but rejects A2002?
>>
>>Again, since it's a multi-table query, can that person access each table
>>in a simple SQL Select?
>>
>>I went to
>>       http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&
>>and entered
>>        ora-01017 ora01017
>>in the With At Least One Word box and entered
>>        *Oracle*
>>in the groups box and searched.
>>
>>There's 271 messages you can browse, one of them may turn the lightbulb on.- Hide quoted text -

>   They have already tried accessing each table directly, which works
> fine.  We have tried it on other machines that have Access2000, and it
> works fine.  Only under Access2002 does it fail.  the machine at the
> client site has only one user.  I've gone through the MS Knowledge
> Base, but don't see anything there.
>
> Chris

If none of the Google group messages had anything that pointed to an
solution then you might get a response in an Oracle forum.

Is it possible there is a driver incompatability?  At this point I'm
clutching at straws.  You too probably.

0
oil (4047)
4/23/2007 5:28:37 PM
MDB isn't reliable

it is a TOY database

On Apr 19, 8:33 am, mainframetech <chough...@insidefsi.net> wrote:
> We are having a problem with Access 2002 as opposed to Access 2000.
> A multi-file query was set up under 2000 and tested good.  Access is
> connected through a link to an Oracle 9.1 database.  The database
> (mdb) was installed in
> remote client machines working with Access2000 and it worked fine.
> When the query was put on an Access2002 machine, it came up with
> "ORA-01017 invalid logon/password", and fails.  The failing machine
> passes other queries and operations with the same Oracle database
> without problem.
>
>    Any help is appreciated.

0
susiedba (21)
4/23/2007 11:17:04 PM
On Apr 23, 7:17 pm, "Susie DBA [MSFT]" <susie...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> MDB isn't reliable
>
> it is a TOY database
>
> On Apr 19, 8:33 am, mainframetech <chough...@insidefsi.net> wrote:
>

> > We are having a problem with Access 2002 as opposed to Access 2000.
> > A multi-file query was set up under 2000 and tested good.  Access is
> > connected through a link to an Oracle 9.1 database.  The database
> > (mdb) was installed in
> > remote client machines working with Access2000 and it worked fine.
> > When the query was put on an Access2002 machine, it came up with
> > "ORA-01017 invalid logon/password", and fails.  The failing machine
> > passes other queries and operations with the same Oracle database
> > without problem.
>
> >    Any help is appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Susie, but that's what I have, and that's what I need a
suggestion for.

Chris

0
flameda (5)
4/24/2007 8:00:05 PM
On Apr 23, 7:17 pm, "Susie DBA [MSFT]" <susie...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> MDB isn't reliable
>
> it is a TOY database
>
> On Apr 19, 8:33 am, mainframetech <chough...@insidefsi.net> wrote:
>

> > We are having a problem with Access 2002 as opposed to Access 2000.
> > A multi-file query was set up under 2000 and tested good.  Access is
> > connected through a link to an Oracle 9.1 database.  The database
> > (mdb) was installed in
> > remote client machines working with Access2000 and it worked fine.
> > When the query was put on an Access2002 machine, it came up with
> > "ORA-01017 invalid logon/password", and fails.  The failing machine
> > passes other queries and operations with the same Oracle database
> > without problem.
>
> >    Any help is appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the help Susie.  Access 2002 is what we have, and what we
have to debug.

Chris

0
flameda (5)

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...

Access 2003 database will not open using Access 2002
Hi everyone. I am trying to open a database which works fine using Access 2003, but when trying to open it on another PC that has Access 2002 I get the following error "This database is unrecognised file format, it may have been created with a later version of Access, upgrade to a later version..." Could anyone please help to resolve this issue. Many thanks. Joe. Use Access 2003 to decompile the database. To decompile, create a copy, and enter something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007 #2
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon Simon van Beek wrote: > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in > Access 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon Yes. There might be some issues, though, depending on how you've programmed the db. Best suggestion, in my eyes, would be testing and playing around a little with *a* *copy* of the database and see what turns up. Most likely, you'd need to set the directory in which the database resides, as a trusted location. A very good sumup of "the good, bad and ugly" ;-) of Access 2007 is this list by Allen Browne http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Roy-Vidar Simon, Best wishes to you too. One question: why do you use so many carriage returns in your messages? They cause readers having to unnecessary scroll. Thanks, John "Simon van Beek" <SvanBeekNL@Versatel.nl> schreef in bericht news:495f3ebf$0$28733$bf4948fe@news.tele2.nl... > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access > 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon >...

access 2000 and access 2002
hi all i have this short source code: --- Dim varElem As Variant Dim strSQL As String Dim i As Integer Dim frm As Form Set dbs = CurrentDb On Error GoTo Do_Nothing DoCmd.Close acQuery, "Auswahl", acSaveNo dbs.QueryDefs.Delete "Auswahl" Do_Nothing: i = 0 If Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then Else strSQL = "SELECT" For Each varElem In Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelected i = i + 1 strSQL = strSQL & " [" strSQL = strSQL & Liste_Auswahl.ItemData(varElem) & "]" If i < Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelec...

Access 2002 fails on Access 2000 Query
We are having a problem with Access 2002 as opposed to Access 2000. A multi-file query was set up under 2000 and tested good. Access is connected through a link to an Oracle 9.1 database.It was installed in remote client machines working with Access2000 and it worked fine. When the query was put on an Access2002 machine, it came up with "ORA-01017 invalid logon/password", and fails. The failing machine passes other operations with the same Oracle database. Any help is appreciated. Chris ...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Accessing Access

Question (Access 2002 and Access 2007)
Hi, I will be getting Access 2007 but I have Access 2002 on my machine. I want to keep Access 2002 and install new Access 2007. Will it be conflict or not ? Is there a website for me to find any errors, cannot be done, etc.? If it's okay to have two access programs on my machine, is there any ACCESS checker for Access 2002 and Access 2007. Your feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks You have lots of options here. If you do a custom install of Access 2007, you have the option to keep your previous versions. It will install A2007 into a different folder, and you can then start either version at will. (There is a delay of 20-30 seconds when you switch versions, as that version is registered with Windows.) Alteratively, A2007 can fully edit any MDB in A2000 or 2002/3 file format. You may still want the old version for specific purposes (e.g. creating an MDE, or custom toolbars.) For info on what's new in A2007, what's gone, what's broken, etc, see: Converting to Access 2007 at: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3cd76a5d-b686-4a94-ae81-5cdb43f88b91@h5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I will be getting Access 2007 but I have Access 2002 on my machine. > I want to keep Access 2002 and ins...

Accessing MS-Access from OpenRoad using ActiveX
Hi I'm wanting to conect to an MS-Access MDB file from an OpenRoad program using ActiveX. Can someone tell me the files I need to use/register for Windows XP? Any other help or suggestions would be most appreciated. Darren dharvey911@hotmail.com ...

Access Data Project Query (Access 2002)
I have created an ADP connected to a SQL Server database. When I configured the connection to the db originally, all tables in the db came thru as linked tables in the ADP. However when I now link up to tables that have been created since, the links come thru as queries/views. This means I have some table connections and some query connectionswhich is messy. I would like to get all of my table links into the same format. What is preferable, a table connection or view, and if table is there a way I can set these connections without having to set up a new ADP? ...

Access needs to be installed for me to use MS Access
Hi, Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no then how do I access and wrie to access database? Thanks, Vikas. <vikassah@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166161668.556801.183030@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I > need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no > then how do I access and wrie to access database? If Access, or the Access runtime (from the developer extensio...

Form freeze (Access 97 and Access 2002)
Problem: Main form and progress bar do not update as data manipulation progresses I have a progress bar located in the status bar and some text boxes on the main form that show the progression of records being read and saved. Me.Repaint is in code to update the form and progress bar. Sometimes the form and progress bar work, but most of the time they freeze and do not show the end-user what's going on. If I <crtl><break> to interrupt the code and then resume running the code, the form works properly from that point by updating the progress bar and record count. When I fir...

Access 2002 vs Access 97 Performance
Scenario: O/S: Win XP Professional Back-end: Access 2002 on network server I have an Access 97 application, in production on our network, that takes appoximately 5 minutes to process monthly data. I find this tolerable. The Access 2002 test version, on the network, takes approximately 50 minutes to accomplish the same thing. I find this intolerable. I copied the Access 2002 version's front and back-ends to my C: drive and it took approximately 4 minutes to process the data. Why would the network version of Access 97 take 5 minutes versus 50 minutes for Access 2002? Why would the n...

Access 2002, IE 7, and Data Access Pages
I've upgraded to IE7, and using Access 2002 SP3. I can no longer view DAPs without IE crashing. A coworker had IE7 and the same issue. He reverted back to IE6 and no problems. Has anyone experienced this, or does anyone have an idea what I shoudl be looking at? aabean@hotmail.com wrote: > I've upgraded to IE7, and using Access 2002 SP3. I can no longer view > DAPs without IE crashing. A coworker had IE7 and the same issue. He > reverted back to IE6 and no problems. > > Has anyone experienced this, or does anyone have an idea what I shoudl > be looking at? I...

Web resources about - Access 2002 mdb fails when used by Access 2002 - comp.databases.ms-access

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement
Facebook launched conversion lift measurement in January 2015 with the goal of helping advertisers track conversions instead of clicks, and the ...

Planet OS Opens Access To Weather Data
... for software developers using weather data to power their apps, researchers and climate specialists enabling them to discover, access and build ...

Access your clipboard from any PC or Mac with 1Clipboard
1Clipboard is a free tool which enables sharing your clipboard contents with other PCs or Macs. The developer says that Android and iOS apps ...

Sci-Hub — Free access to every scientific paper ever published
Say what? How is it I only heard of this this week? Long story headlined "Should All Research Papers Be Free?" from the New York Times short: ...

Clerk rescinds ban on journalists' access to court motions
MANASSAS, Va. (AP) — A clerk's office in Virginia has ended a five-year policy of denying journalists access to any legal motions filed in the ...

MIT, Harvard researchers push new way for users to control access to personal data
Cryptography researchers at MIT and Harvard have developed software called Sieve that is designed to help users keep track of encrypted personal ...

How to access Google Drive files faster with Launch Center Pro
... Launch Center Pro has solved many workflow problems for me over the years. Most recently it’s been an immense time-saver when it comes to accessing ...

Cal Investigation Finds Assistant Coach Sexually Harassed Reporter Who Accused Him Of Trying To Trade ...
... a copy of Cal’s investigation into the matter, and even Hufnagel’s own statements make it appear that he attempted to trade sex for access, ...

Paragon's early access starts now, no more progress wipes
Paragon is gearing up for launch in the future, but for now, Epic is keen on putting it into an Early Access phase. The good news is that there ...