Access 2003 macros in Access 2000

Hey,

I created a database in Access 2003 (I didnt convert it to Access
2002-2003 format) with marcos and code. Now I need to run this database
on a computer with Office 2000. I can open my database but can't run
any of the macros. Is there anything can be done here except installing
Access 2003? Your help will be very appreciated!

0
ksenya (4)

San wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I created a database in Access 2003 (I didnt convert it to Access
> 2002-2003 format) with marcos and code. Now I need to run this database
> on a computer with Office 2000. I can open my database but can't run
> any of the macros. Is there anything can be done here except installing
> Access 2003? Your help will be very appreciated!

You could try to create a new empty 2000 database window in the 2000
office workstation and  then try to import the objects from the other
access database you are trying to open.

0
ppollock (17)

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Accessing Access

Conversion: Access 2000 to Access 2003
All 12 of my department's machines are being converted next week from Windows 2000/Office 2000 to Windows XP/Office 2003. I have downloaded the Migration document from Microsoft for distribution but would like your input regarding Access as many of our group use it. I am concerned especially about linking to other Access databases. And about connecting to Dbo data. We also regularly connect to and from Excel files. All of our databases are rather small, and we do not share many, so SQL Server is not an issue. Looking forward to hearing your insight. As Lyle and David can attest to,...

Access 2000 vs. Access 2003
Is it possible to develop an Access app in Access 2003 that will run on Access 2000? Is it just a matter of selecting "Access 2000" from the Default File Format drop down list on the Advanced Tab of the Options dialog? I need to do some quick work for a client that runs Access 2000 and I've only been doing working on 2002/2003 projects since installing Access 2003 on my development workstation. Do I need to install Access 2000 on my development workstation? I assume 2000 and 2003 will co-exist without any issues. Thanks in advance. deko wrote: > Is it possible to deve...

Corruption Manifests In Access 2000 But Not In Access 2003
Can anyone cast any light on the following. I have a database that I have written in Access 2003 using 2000 file format. Everything was working OK when running it under Access 2003 but when I tried running it under Access 2000 if fell over when I tried to open some of the reports. I then tried opening it in Access 2003 again and it brought up the message about saving a copy and repairing - but it wouldn't repair. I then decompiled, compacted and recompiled and it would run fine under both versions of Access with no problems. However after doing some changes using Access 2003 the same p...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

Differences between Access 97 and Access 2000/2003
Hi All, Our company is migrating from Windows NT to XP and in the process from Access 97 to Access 2003. Due to the phased rollout we are faced with a situation where some users are still on NT while others have been fully upgraded, but all users need to use the same Access databases. At first we tried just opening the Access 97 databases with XP but we were worried that some of the less computer-literate employees may click "yes" on the "Do you want to convert this database to the latest version" prompt. The solution we have come up with is to create an exact duplicate of...

Can Shrink
I have an Access 2000 database with 4 memo fields in it named memo1 memo2 memo3 and memo4. Some fields have data in them and some don't. If I create a report and put the 4 fields (with no labels) in the detail section, keeping their height tall enough for one line of text and placing memo1 at the top of the section and memo2 directly underneath memo1 and memo3 directly under memo2 and memo4 directly under memo3, and make the 'Can Grow' and 'Can Shrink' properties both equal to 'Yes' for the 4 controls, and make the 'Can Grow' and 'Can Shrink' propert...

Warning when opening and Access 2000 file in Access 2003
Hi All, We are moving to Access 2003 in a month or so, so i started testing my data base files in v2003. When The mdb open I get 3 warning messagase about blocking unsafe expressions. Security Warning Unsafe excpressions are not blocked. Do you want to? Yes/No Security Warning Unsafe expressions are not blocked. You must have MS jet 4.0 Service pack 8 must be installed to block unsafe expressions. Do you want to open this file Yes/no This file may not be safe do you want to open it Yes/No I installed the Jet service pack and still get the warnings. What must I do to get rid of them? Thanks! Kathy *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Set the security level to low or this will plague you forever dixie "kathyk" <kathy@meercat.com> wrote in message news:41c0b1b0$1_1@127.0.0.1... > > Hi All, > We are moving to Access 2003 in a month or so, so i started testing my > data base files in v2003. When The mdb open I get 3 warning messagase > about blocking unsafe expressions. > > Security Warning Unsafe excpressions are not blocked. Do you want to? > Yes/No > > Security Warning Unsafe expressions are not blocked. You must have MS > jet 4.0 Service pack 8 must be installed to block unsafe expressions. Do > you want to open this file Yes/no > > This file may not be safe do you want to open it Yes/No > > I installed the Jet service ...

Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010
How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access 2010 file format? According to Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the print options only. How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to display? My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5 forms, and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the "Security Warning: Soame active content has been disabled. Click for more details." then there is a button "Enable Content". Before and after I click the "Enable Button" the file tab only has print options available. Thank you for your help, jfcby jfcby <jamesfc30@gmail.com> wrote in news:f4dc9993-afa3-4fed-8180-22786eaa7f83@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.co m: > How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access > 2010 file format? > > According to Microsoft > (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ > convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? > queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is > possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the > print options only. > > How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to > display? ...

A Query Expression That Works in Access 2000 But Not In Access 2003
I have the following query expression - Like Format(([Forms]![frmRunReports]![mm])) & "/*/" & ([Forms]! [frmRunReports]![yyyy]) which would translate to e.g. 04/*/2007 if someone is running a report for last month. The above expression is part of a Where clause for a date field. It works fine in Access 2000 and pulls out the appropriate # of records but in Access 2003, this expression (apparently) evaluates differently and no records are extracted. Is this an area that might've changed between Access 2000 and Access 2003 or ? Thanks for any suggestions and/or pointing me in the right direction. Sheldon Potolsky I wanted to add one more thing. The above behavior that I observed (see previous append) occurred on another user's PC running Access 2003. I just tried it from my PC running Access 2003 and it worked fine. This now leads me to think there may be a setting that I need to look for as opposed to a change in how Access 2000 and 2003 would evaluate the expression: Like Format(([Forms]![frmRunReports]![mm])) & "/*/" & ([Forms]! [frmRunReports]![yyyy]) Sheldon Potolsky As you found, the expression is unreliable. It performs string matching on a Date/Time field, which could fail if: a) the user has different date settings than you intend, or b) JET misunderstands the data type of the parameters in the query. Assuming that you have this criteria under a Date/Time type field in your query, you need to get an expression t...

From access 97 to access 2000
Hi, My Delphi-application uses an Access 97 database called 'sysmex.mdb'. I'd like to convert this to an Access 2000 database called 'sysmex2000.mdb'. I succeeded in converting this database to the Access 2000-format (done by Access 2000). However, the Delphi application is unable to read the Access 2000 format. These are the values of the Params field of my TDatabase component: DATABASE NAME=C:\Sysmex\Sysmex.mdb LANGDRIVER= OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE SYSTEM DATABASE= PASSWORD= Changing the database name to C:\Sysmex\Sysmex2000.mdb got me the following error: Gen...

Access 97 or Access 2003
Hi everybody I want to use an Access database in a Visual Basic 6 program. Question: -Should I use Access 97 or Access 2003? Thank's On Wed, 11 May 2005 11:28:20 -0400, "Sylmena" <sylmena1@hotmail.com> wrote: > I want to use an Access database in a Visual Basic 6 program. > >Question: >-Should I use Access 97 or Access 2003? If you use MS Access '97, more people will be able to access your data. Access '97 doesn't use Unicode - a space/speed advantage if you are not storing Russian or a language other than English. I can't think ...

Access 2003/Access 2007
I have a mde database file developed for a client. This was originally set up and run in Access 2003. Everything worked fine. Recently this client purchased several new computers. These computers came with Access 2007. Now whenever an Access 2007 user opens the database, it locks the database for all other users. I have checked all the Access settings I know to check. These new machines are also running Windows 7. I am not sure if this is enough information or if anyone has seen this behavior and may have some suggestions. Any help is appreciated. Hello, open the options ...

access 2000 and access 2002
hi all i have this short source code: --- Dim varElem As Variant Dim strSQL As String Dim i As Integer Dim frm As Form Set dbs = CurrentDb On Error GoTo Do_Nothing DoCmd.Close acQuery, "Auswahl", acSaveNo dbs.QueryDefs.Delete "Auswahl" Do_Nothing: i = 0 If Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then Else strSQL = "SELECT" For Each varElem In Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelected i = i + 1 strSQL = strSQL & " [" strSQL = strSQL & Liste_Auswahl.ItemData(varElem) & "]" If i < Liste_Auswahl.ItemsSelec...

Web resources about - Access 2003 macros in Access 2000 - comp.databases.ms-access

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement
Facebook launched conversion lift measurement in January 2015 with the goal of helping advertisers track conversions instead of clicks, and the ...

Planet OS Opens Access To Weather Data
... for software developers using weather data to power their apps, researchers and climate specialists enabling them to discover, access and build ...

Access your clipboard from any PC or Mac with 1Clipboard
1Clipboard is a free tool which enables sharing your clipboard contents with other PCs or Macs. The developer says that Android and iOS apps ...

Sci-Hub — Free access to every scientific paper ever published
Say what? How is it I only heard of this this week? Long story headlined "Should All Research Papers Be Free?" from the New York Times short: ...

Clerk rescinds ban on journalists' access to court motions
MANASSAS, Va. (AP) — A clerk's office in Virginia has ended a five-year policy of denying journalists access to any legal motions filed in the ...

MIT, Harvard researchers push new way for users to control access to personal data
Cryptography researchers at MIT and Harvard have developed software called Sieve that is designed to help users keep track of encrypted personal ...

How to access Google Drive files faster with Launch Center Pro
... Launch Center Pro has solved many workflow problems for me over the years. Most recently it’s been an immense time-saver when it comes to accessing ...

Cal Investigation Finds Assistant Coach Sexually Harassed Reporter Who Accused Him Of Trying To Trade ...
... a copy of Cal’s investigation into the matter, and even Hufnagel’s own statements make it appear that he attempted to trade sex for access, ...

Paragon's early access starts now, no more progress wipes
Paragon is gearing up for launch in the future, but for now, Epic is keen on putting it into an Early Access phase. The good news is that there ...