Access 2003 reports won't preview or print with Vista

Hi,

We have a new client who says he can not preview or print an Access
2003 report on his Vista machine.  They print on his XP machine.  He
says the screen just flashes.

Other users using Vista have no problem previewing or printing our
reports.

Any ideas?

-paulw

"PW" <paulremove_williamson858@removehotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We have a new client who says he can not preview or print an Access
> 2003 report on his Vista machine.  They print on his XP machine.  He
> says the screen just flashes.
>
> Other users using Vista have no problem previewing or printing our
> reports.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -paulw

Other users on the same network/same office/same IT department installed it
all have no problems?  Or are you saying other users in other offices?   I
ask because I worked at an office were the IT department installed
everyone's Access from the same flawed image.

Having said all that...Vista annoys the bejesus out of me (and XP didn't so
it's not a general anti-MS bias).  I would not discount the idea that it is
sentient (so it knows what will annoy me the most at any given moment) and
in a former life worked at the Division of Motor Vehicles office.

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:31:57 GMT, "rox" <roxanne.gray@att.net> wrote:

>"PW" <paulremove_williamson858@removehotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have a new client who says he can not preview or print an Access
>> 2003 report on his Vista machine.  They print on his XP machine.  He
>> says the screen just flashes.
>>
>> Other users using Vista have no problem previewing or printing our
>> reports.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> -paulw
>
>Other users on the same network/same office/same IT department installed it
>all have no problems?  Or are you saying other users in other offices?   I
>ask because I worked at an office were the IT department installed
>everyone's Access from the same flawed image.
>
>Having said all that...Vista annoys the bejesus out of me (and XP didn't so
>it's not a general anti-MS bias).  I would not discount the idea that it is
>sentient (so it knows what will annoy me the most at any given moment) and
>in a former life worked at the Division of Motor Vehicles office.

:-)

Other people at other locations - no relationship to this incident. It
is an MDE file (and MDB data) that gets installed using the
Installation Wizard.  His PC has Vista Home Premium and am not sure if
he has a full version of Access or Office installed.

Thanks,

-paulw

database layouts won't print, now database won't open
using Mac OS 10.3.4, filemaker pro 7. working with a database converted from filemaker 3. Everything seemed to be fine. Created a new table and imported data into that from another Filemaker 3 database (someone else created these). Layouts were created very easilly. I go to print a layout (label) and choose ALL and it will only print one record, no matter what I put in the print dialogue box. Open other databases and they all printed fine in similar layouts. Tried to "recover' it, thinking it was somehow corrupted (the woman was having a hard time printing it. I thought it was...

how to tell if ms access report is in print preview, or printing/exporting?
Hello, can someone help me. I want to display some fields on a report in print preview (i.e. instructions), that I don't want to print to the printer or export to file. I can't seem to find any way of telling that the report is displaying in print preview, vs. being actually printed or emailed/ exported. So for example when previewing, I'd do Me![Instructions].Visible = True. When printing, emailing, and exporting I'd do Me! [Instructions].Visible = False. I tried doing some stuff with Me.Printer.Port and Me.WindowWidth but that didn't work. Thanks mailjaneen@yahoo....

Why you can't open Access 2003 db with Access 2000
Hello Access gurus, I am curious as to why you can't open an Access 2003 Db with Access 2000. We have a Visual Basic application which is using DAO 3.6 to connect to the Access database. It IS able to open an 2000 and 2003 Db because they are all in Jet 4 database format, I assume. But when trying to open an Access 2003 Db from Access 2000 you get the 'Unrecognized database' Error. Aren't they the same database structure and the only difference is within the Access program?? Thanks for your help in advance. plau011@hotmail.com wrote: > Hello Access gurus, > I am curio...

SGI Fuel won't boot, can't access PROM
I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel. I believe it is running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144. The system was working but no one knew the root password. Of course I tried getting into single user mode by typing 'single' at the PROM console which started a boot then the screen went blank and the system became nonresponsive. I tried using 2 different overlay installation CD's (can't find original OS) to boot but both appear to lock up the graphics after copying files to the harddrive (before any menus even come up). I've tried connecting a null-modem cable to COM1 from an XP PC running hyperterminal (9600 8-N-1) but have never been able to get any output to the terminal. I've tried with and without the keyboard and mouse plugged into the Fuel. In an attempt to get this working I was playing with environment variable in the PROM and may have changed something that's caused my current situation. I set the following: console=d AutoBoot=No When the Fuel is turned on, the 3 lights on the keyboard flash as normal; the LED on the case flashed white for a bit then goes solid white (normal I think); but the monitor never turns on! Usually the monitor would come on maybe 10 seconds after the flashing keyboard lights, just in time to see the graphical display prompting to enter Maintenance Mode. If I press the power button on the Fuel at this point it shuts down immediately. The last thing I did in the PROM console was run ...

Using Access to 'access' an sql database on a webserver
Is this possible? I know about a bit about ODBC and found how to import an ODBC database stored on the computer, however I am after accessing an SQL database stored on a webserver. I'd like to keep it up to date, but that could probably be done with a macro. At the moment I'm just considoring possible options, so just need to know if it can be done, how easy and a rough idea of how. Any help would be much appreciated! Flic On 6 Oct 2006 03:59:25 -0700, "Flic" <FelicityP@gmail.com> wrote: I typically create an ADP, then connect to such db specifying the IP address...

Can't Add "Mode" to Quick Access Toolbar in MS-Access 2007
I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode at all. I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? On Jun 19, 10:10=A0am, Heather <mywor...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also > have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into > other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to > search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode > at all. > > I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I > can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? I still don't get it, but this appears to only be the case when I'm using a database that was created in an earlier version of Access. When I start a new 2007 database, I have full functionality. ...

Access opens to blank screen, won't open database
I am troubleshooting for a computer that just had 2003 installed and can not open files/DB >From a complete uninstall, reinstall: The files are reconized as access, and when you click on them, Access opens but to a empty workspace. The DB is on a shared drive and is accessable by other users that have noproblem with it. Any ideas? Have you tried holding down the shift key as the database opens? Or you can press F11 when the empty workspace appears. It's possible that the "Display database window" option is not checked, and for some reason the startup form is not opening. At least if you can get the database window back you'll be able to investigate why. Assuming that there is a startup form because you didn't tell us what the expected behaviour is. I tryed both of your ideas to no sucess. There is a startup form. This DB is from New Yorks' DOT and is downloaded from their site. I have used it on other workstations. The problem computer is updated, windows (2000) office, and AV, and becides this issue, has no other problems. Is it a problem to run Access 03 with Office 2000? I had exactly the same problem. The issue seems to be Access 2003 running with the Office suite 2000. The only way I've got round it at the moment is by using Access 2002 which runs ok. I'd be interested to know if you manage to solve it? "hamma_thrower" <hamma_thrower@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1118257134.274666.157110@f14...

Vista user can't run our Access 2003 MDE
I have a client who is using Windows Vista in a 32-bit environment She installed our Access2003 application on the pc (it is installed under Program Files x86). She opens up our program, gets a security warning (which is normal), she presses the Open button, then the form disappears and she's now looking at her desktop. I verified her target statement to execute our application and it looks fine. So, she doesn't get any error, it just doesn't let her in. For what it's worth, she initially downloaded a trial version of Office 2007. She downloaded Access2007. I told her to uninstall Office 2007 and re-install Office 207 but the second time she did not select Access2007. Not sure if this is important information. She has also tried the following but with no luck: a) Right click on the application icon and left click on Run As Administrator, b) press the shift key and double click on the application icon I know this doesn't tell you much but that's all I know, any help would be appreciated. ...

Access 2003: crosstab query won't use reference to form
I've been working around this for years (I believe), so I figured someone here might know: Why won't a crosstab query accept a value from a form reference? TRANSFORM Format(First(QtrAvg),'Fixed') AS FirstQtrAvg SELECT PropertyCode, Survey, Question FROM SurveyData WHERE PropertyCode = Forms.MainForm.Subform.Form.PropertyCode GROUP BY PropertyCode, Survey, Question PIVOT [Month] & '-' & [Year]; This crosstab query won't run at all. The error is "Jet db engine doesn't recognize 'form reference' as a valid field name or expression. Thanks...

Willie won't, Willie won't, won't go!
Ah yes, some 70s nostalgia tunes. ...

Access 2010 Print Ribbon Error: "The expresion you entered has a function that Microsoft Access can't find"

Access 2013 (15.0.4615)
I have a report that runs fine on multiple machines through the organizatio= n (15 computers maybe run this program) and only ONE has come up with any p= roblem. I have a report that looks like=20 Section Number Description Price Include A00 00 Base Section $ 5,000 [V] A02 00 Bogus Test Section $ 300 [ ] A03 00 Last Section $ 1,250 [V] This is a poor representation, but out to the right, the [V] and [ ] are SU= PPOSED to represent checkboxes.. however when they print ...

Switchboard won't appear (Access '03)
Hay guys, When I create a switchboard, everything works fine until the last step: the main (default) switchboard page won't show up. I've double-checked the macros and the individual pages (under Tools-Database utilities-Switchboard Manager) and everything else is fine. What might the problem be, and how can I fix it? When you say it won't show up, do you mean that it's a blank screen or it won't show up when you launch the database? If it won't show up on launch check tools/startup and be sure you have it set to the correct form/page. Footsie wrote: > Hay guy...

Can't access to Access from Paradox
Hi all, Usually, I opened up Access tables via ODBC from Paradox (using native "MSACCES" or ODBC "Microsoft Access" driver). This was easy until "Windows 2000", but on XP no more. I am using Windows XP SP2 and Paradox 10. I found a trick on "pnews.paradox-intl-es" from "minimum": > con winxp sp2, pdox10 solo va bien con los alias standard cosas de > los cambios de Microsoft... > con pdox 7 sin problemas > en pdox 10 > creas una query nueva, en blanco > pulsa sobre el boton "data model" > ...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

access 97, don't close access if form's unload event is cancelled
I've got application A, with a hidden form, whose unload event is cancelled unless you use an 'exit' button (so I can do special processing) this works fine when using just application A and it prevents me from 'x'ing out of msaccess.exe now, I open application A from within application B using the code below where function editQuote() is found within application A and to provide application synchronization, it opens the hidden form mentioned above waits for it to become invisible, by using the 'exit' button, after special processing close...

Print Spooler won't start; dependent on lexbces.exe but that won't start either; So why?
Windows XP Home SP2 I have two Lexmark printers installed (or at least I used to). Actually, I have the Lexmark folders in Program Files, but the printers don't seem to be installed anymore. The printers are Lexmark 640 series Lexmark 2400 series They pretty much worked until just now. In the Printer and Faxes folder I only see the Add Printer and nothing else. When I try to start Add Printer, I get an alert saying the Printer Spool service isn't running. When I go to (run) services.msc , I find that Print Spooler is stopped. (It's stopped and) It won'...

Access 97 to Access 2003 conversion problem with Reports !
I just converted an Access 97 application to Access 2003 & most things work fine but in approximately 12 to 15 reports I have noticed that although the page orientation is landscape, the preview and print portrays it as slightly wider than portrait. I have combed through all the settings, high and low - no problems. What's really weird though is that on some PC's eg another PC of mine with WIn-XP Media Edition SP2 & Office 2003 it shows up fine. Also on my Laptop Vista + Off 2003 it's ok. However on 3 to 4 other PC's XP-Pro + Office 2003 this problem occurs. I've applied all the Office Service Packs upto SP3 ... still no result. The only thing I can think off is that on both my Win-XP Media Centre PC & Laptop ... I don't have any printers installed which defaults to MS off document writer or FAX as my default printer. OK ... I just did some testing ... when I change the default printer to : MS office document image writer, the page now shows perfectly in preview. However when I change the default printer to any other printer eg. Epson dot matrix of HP inkjet, the page width shows up weirdly. I did manually create a fresh report & copy/pasted object by object from 1 report to another. That did work. But, if i copied an entire section of a report ... then too the problem occurs. Does any of this make any sense ? Has anyone ever faced this ? Best Rgds, Prakash. ...

Web resources about - Access 2003 reports won't preview or print with Vista - comp.databases.ms-access