Access 2007 command buttons do not function - database in Access 2000 format

Trying to install some software on Access 2007.  The software works just
fine on earlier versions of Access.

I have been told that it works on Access 2007 but I have not seen that
personally.

The command buttons on my user-created forms do not function when it is
run under Access 2007.

The operating system is Windows XP home SP2.

The main menu opens up like normal.
I can open any form from the ribbon at the left.

I can run a query from the ribbon at the left.
I can open a table from the ribbon at the left.

I checked references and none are missing.

I tried converting to Access 2007 database format and no references
missing and still the form buttons do not work.

the form buttons were created with teh Access 2003 button wizard and
generally open other forms, reports or queries.

What do I need to do to get the buttons to function?

Bob
0
bobalston9 (397)

Hi, Bob

Bob Alston wrote:
> Trying to install some software on Access 2007.  The software works
> just fine on earlier versions of Access.
>
> I have been told that it works on Access 2007 but I have not seen that
> personally.
>
> The command buttons on my user-created forms do not function when it
> is run under Access 2007.

Is your database located in a trusted location ?

http://www.accessribbon.de/en/?Trust_Center:Trusted_Locations

Regards
Jens

Accessing Access

Accessing access
Can anyone help me please? This has been driving me nuts for ages. I want to use vb 6.0 to control data in a database (an access database). I've looked at tutorial all over the net but I don't want to use a data grid or anything like that because I want to control the database, not see it. So far, from one tutorial I've managed to get something on the lines of this ****************************************** dim db as Database Set db = OpenDatabase("E:\BT.mdb") dim rspeople as recordset set rspeople = db.openrecordset("people") ******************************************* So what I'm basically trying to do open a database and then set a recordset to it so i can start manipulating data. The actual code is a bit more indepth than this, but this is basically the first few lines run. The program stops on the bit where I set the recordset. I've stepped through the code and the db has definately been opened and there is definately a table in the actual database, but I'm told there is a type mismatch when it gets to the recordset bit. any ideas? it really is driving me nuts, any help is appreciated, Ste SteveMc wrote: > Can anyone help me please? This has been driving me nuts for ages. <snip> > ****************************************** > dim db as Database > Set db = OpenDatabase("E:\BT.mdb") > > dim rspeople as recordset > set rspeople = db.openrecordse...

access to Access
I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that would be a show stipper for us. Thanks for any insight, dave In article <1187719558.603002.257260@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Dave <davegp2@msn.com> wrote: > I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect > to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that > would be a show stipper for us. I've never tried it, but I think you should be able to access Access via ...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Function to Prevent Open MDB via Access File Menu (Access 2000 AND Access 2002
Hello Does anyone know where I can obtain a function to test whetber my front-end is open via the provided icon vs. the Access 2000/2002 file menu? I want to test the open.mdb and if opened via the Access file menu prevent opening the mdb. I know I saw something way back on such a function or test on startup in this group.. THank you. -D What are you trying to accomplish? There's probably some other way to go about this... D Kanagh wrote: > Hello > > Does anyone know where I can obtain a function to test whetber my front-end > is open via the provided icon vs. the Acce...

Converting from Access 2000 to Access 2007
I have continued to work with MS Office 2000, and am looking into an upgrade to 2007. Are there any major changes in Access that require retraining of Access 2000 users? I use Access largely for ad hoc queries and reporting on an old AS400 ERP database. Marguerite Plesko Redwood City, CA Access 2007 can open your A2000 MDB and use and modify it just as you did in A2000. However, the interface will be unfamiliar, e.g. the menus, toolbar, and database window are gone (replaced by ribbons and a navigation pane.) For more detail, about the changes involved, see: Converting to Access 20...

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Cal...

conversion of ms access 97 application to ms access 2000
hi access gurus would appreciate if u can give me pointers regarding conversion of ms access 97 application to ms access 2000, like what are the problems to be expected and how to handle it. also would appreciate if anyone can give pointers on using VSS with ms access 2000, how to handle multiuser issues when it comes to insert, update and delete. thanx in advance, regards bala balkiicbe@yahoo.com (bala) wrote in message news:<b62a781b.0310080544.6d2a08fc@posting.google.com>... > hi access gurus > > would appreciate if u can give me pointers regarding conversion of ms >...

Access 2007 Question: Are form command buttons the new XP format with Hot/Cold mouse over functionality?
For those of you that are using the Access 2007 Beta, can I ask, comparing Access 97: Are form command buttons the new XP format with Hot/Cold mouse over functionality? ...

what is equivalent of format(date) function of MS Access in MS Sql Server 2000
Hi All, I am facing a problem with a sql what i used in MS Access but its not returning the same result in MS Sql Server 2000. Here i am giving the sql: SELECT TOP 3 format( MY_DATE, "dddd mm, yyyy" ) FROM MY_TAB WHERE MY_ID=1 The above sql in ACCESS return me the date in below format in one column: Friday 09, 2003 But in Sql server 2000 i am not getting the same format eventhough i am using convert function, date part function etc. Please if you find the solution would be helpful for me.. Thanks Hoque Hi If you field is a datetime, you can use the CONVERT function to conver...

Any MS Access that is NOT MS Access in WinXP?
Hi all, I have a small application for bookkeeping, actually working in Access with small routines in VBA. I want to rewrite it in Java, but I don't want to use Access anymore. I started looking for another database, but I found none. I already know (and used) MySQL and PostgreSQL (waiting 7.4), but as far as I know they are only daemon, and under windows they use a lot of memory and CPU time. It's like installing a Ferrari only to cross the road. Maybe an approach with loading the daemon at the start of the program, and quitting it at the end, but I don't know how ...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

Access 2000 opening in Access 2007 Issue
Hi, I have an Access 2000 database that we have many Groups created in it which we are now trying to use in Access 2007. Each year we add a new group. For example, Sales 2004 Sales 2005 Sales 2006 Sales 2007 Sales 2008 Sales 2009 .... So, in Access 2000 I have just added a new group called "Sales 2010". However, when we open up this MDB in Access 2007, the newly created "Sales 2010" is not showing up. While still appearing when opening with Access 2000. This new group does not appear in "Navigation Pane or Navigation Pane Options" like all the others in Ac...

Data pastes into Access 2000 and not Access 2007
Hi all, The same database, developed in Access 2000 and opened in 2000 and 2007. Basically I copy some data from a xls into a table and have no problems doing this in access 2000 but get an error message with the access 2007 version. Does anyone have any info on this? On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:14:12 -0700 (PDT), Mat <matthew.kay@optusnet.com.au> wrote: YOU actually holds most of the info: what is the error message you are getting, and what is in the Paste Errors table? -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hi all, > >The same database, developed in Access 2000 and opened in 2000 and &...

Access 2000 mde on Access 2007 runtime?
Is it possible to run Access 2000 .mde file on a PC that has only Access 2007 runtime installed? On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 17:39:02 +0200, "Skeptik" <zlatko.matic1@sb.t-com.hr> wrote: I believe yes, but you may not want to if you use toolbars, because they are handled differently in A2007. -Tom. >Is it possible to run Access 2000 .mde file on a PC that has only Access >2007 runtime installed? > ...

Access 97 vs Access 2000 formats
I wrote a VB5 program on my win98 system. The program creates a blank database composed of 3 tables - nothing fancy. When I open that blank file with Access 2002, it says "Database (Access 95 file format)". The customer (my neighbour) has been using that program for about a year, and has been adding to the database. Each table now contains between 500 and 1000 records. This mdb database is now approximately 350 Kbytes in size. My neighbour works for a small company and they have about 6 computer, all different operating systems, win98, Me, XP. The computers are all connec...

ms-access 2007 online? How can users log on to access 2007 from the internet?
10 years ago, the below was written (see very end, after my signature RL). What, if anything, has changed? I have Access 2003 and soon Access 2007 on a Windows XP Professional or Windows Vista Ultimate machine, with SQL Server Express running on it, and I want somebody, with a password (which I will provide) to be able to log onto a A03 or A07 dB from the internet. Now that I type this I realize that unless I put the database onto a web server somewhere, probably that will be impossible without some third-party software (which I vaguely recall exists somewhere, just released this year, allo...

Hi: I have an MS Access query for a table called MyTable. One of my fields in the query is a custom field that looks like "MyField: = MyFunction(ID)" where ID is a field in MyTable. I have ASP code and I can use it to read the query OK when "MyField" is not part of the query. If I add in MyField and then run my ASP code to try to read all the query fields, I get an error message on my web browser which says something to the effect of "cannot find MyFunction." On the Access side, I have MyFunction set up in a module and use the keyword "Public" in fr...

Access 2007 db.accdb modified using Access 2010 can no longer be opened with Access 2007
Hi, A client sent me an Access 2007 db.accdb which I modified using 2010. The client could not open using Access 2007 "Unrecognized database format 'C:\RD\db.accdb". I tried to open using Access 2007 and got the same message. Does anyone have an explanation?? Cheers, Barry "Barry Edmund Wright" <barry.edmund.wright@witstoronto.ca> wrote > Does anyone have an explanation?? Explanation: It's easy to look back and make a version backward compatible because you can see and test with the older version (Access 2010 successfully opens the Access 2007 dat...

Rows disappear when converting from Access 2007 to Access 2000
Hi all, I had a database with 3 tables (no queries) in an Access 2007 file. I converted the file to Access 2000 format, as that is the only Access format recognized by the SQL server we have here. Some sql queries gave weird results, so I went back to the original files. To my surprise, I noticed that the Access 2000 version of the file was trimmed: one table had been "shrunk" from half a million records to 128,000 ! More than a third of the rows had simply vanished, yet no error message was ever given! Has this happened to you? Do you have any idea how to prevent it? Thanks! PS...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Access 2007 and Access 2010
Hi to All ! I installed MS Access 2010 and my previous Access 2007 was covered, so suddenly disappeared its' functions I had been worked out a lot ! Access 2010 is good for web-database but it is not good for local applications. Well. Is it possible to have in my pc both MS Access 2007 and MS Access 2010 ? Thanks Giorgio wrote in message news:ff30903d-6fb5-4d96-be61-eaee4913aa3e@googlegroups.com... >Is it possible to have in my pc both MS Access 2007 and MS Access 2010 ? As a general rule all your VBA code etc. should run just fine in 2010. There i...

Access 2003/Access 2007
I have a mde database file developed for a client. This was originally set up and run in Access 2003. Everything worked fine. Recently this client purchased several new computers. These computers came with Access 2007. Now whenever an Access 2007 user opens the database, it locks the database for all other users. I have checked all the Access settings I know to check. These new machines are also running Windows 7. I am not sure if this is enough information or if anyone has seen this behavior and may have some suggestions. Any help is appreciated. Hello, open the options ...

Accessing MS Access from Paradox
I'm trying to access MS Access tables from Pdx9. I read the FAQ: Subject: FAQ:PdoxWin:Accessing MS Access from aradox:2002.03.11 and went through the steps of " 2. Solution " The error message I got was " Unrecongnized database format C:\FpsAgra\TaggingPro\List.mdb, Alias: TaggingProData " then the dailog pops-up asking for the user name and password which are not required. "TaggingProData" is the name of the DataBase Alais with this path: "C:\FpsAgra\TaggingPro\List.mdb" Currently using Pdx9 9.00.738 BDE 5.01 and the MS Access ta...

Web resources about - Access 2007 command buttons do not function - database in Access 2000 format - comp.databases.ms-access

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

Eating chocolate 'improves brain function' - study
... news for those with a sweet tooth - a recent study has found that regular chocolate consumption is associated with better cognitive function. ...

Resource sector may outsource finance functions to Asia
Outsourcing financial functions to Asia is one tactic struggling Australian energy and resources companies may use this year to survive the slump ...

Using Functions to Make Better Abstractions
... (code that is tightly coupled to its own implementation details). I was wrong. I was wrong because I had an incomplete understanding of functions. ...

A Non-Sokratic Dialogue on Social Welfare Functions: Hoisted from the Archives from 2003
**[A Non-Sokratic Dialogue on Social Welfare Functions: Hoisted from the Archives from 2003](http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/movable_type/2 ...

Here's how squads and iron sights will function in Rising Storm 2: Vietnam
... roles and create a squad, and the creator can name, lock, or invite others to their little group. The more an outfit fills up, the more functions ...

Yahoo Begins Grim Job of Closing Functions, Laying Off Staff
Yahoo Food is closing, and other digital magazines on tech, travel and beauty are also scheduled for closing or major cutbacks.

Don’t tase me, bro: Study shows being shocked by a Taser disrupts brain function
Researchers at Drexel shot a bunch of college students with 50,000 volts. The result? Short-term declines in cognitive function comparable with ...

Opioids Do Not Improve Physical Function In Patients With Neuropathic Pain
While opioids may alleviate pain in some chronic pain patients, their effectiveness when it comes to restoring physical function in patients ...

A 3D Printed Jet Engine Appears to Function
... jet engine . You may remember seeing a 3D printed jet engine grace our front page back in October. That one was beautiful didn’t function . ...