Access 2007 form question

I have a Access 2000 database that I am opening with Access 2007.

When I open the datbase in Access 2000 or Access 2003, the database
runs as expected.

In Access 2007 my main form opens, a form with multiple tabs and
subforms, the form now takes a "very" long time (more than 10 minutes)
to load.

Has anyone come across this before, and if so were you able to fix it?
0
tjmoses1 (23)

"Icarus" <tjmoses1@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Access 2000 database that I am opening with Access 2007.
>
> When I open the datbase in Access 2000 or Access 2003, the database
> runs as expected.
>
> In Access 2007 my main form opens, a form with multiple tabs and
> subforms, the form now takes a "very" long time (more than 10 minutes)
> to load.
>
> Has anyone come across this before, and if so were you able to fix it?

You not given much details such as if there is a network involved, or your
application is multi-user and split.

I would work your way thought the following list of things to check however:

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/performancefaq.htm

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

On Aug 20, 8:45=A0pm, "Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkal...@msn.com>
wrote:
> "Icarus" <tjmos...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have a Access 2000 database that I am opening with Access 2007.
>
> > When I open the datbase in Access 2000 or Access 2003, the database
> > runs as expected.
>
> > In Access 2007 my main form opens, a form with multiple tabs and
> > subforms, the form now takes a "very" long time (more than 10 minutes)
> > to load.
>
> > Has anyone come across this before, and if so were you able to fix it?
>
> You not given much details such as if there is a network involved, or you=
> application is multi-user and split.
>
> I would work your way thought the following list of things to check howev=
er:

> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/performancefaq.htm
>
> --
> Albert D. Kallal =A0 =A0(Access MVP)
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> pleaseNOOSpamKal...@msn.com

it is a multi user, where there is a client on each user's c:\ drive,
but they all hit against the same back end database.

The form is opened with a docmd.openform, but there is a Form_Open on
the form itself that processes as the form opens.  It makes it through
the whole Form_Open code, all the way to the "Exit Sub", but then
freezes up before it gets back to the original function.

When I go line by line with F8 with the exact same database, but
opened with Access 2003, it makes it back to the original function
that calls the form, but the process freezes when the database is
opened in Access 2007.
0
tjmoses1 (23)
8/21/2008 1:28:45 AM
Icarus wrote:

> On Aug 20, 8:45 pm, "Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkal...@msn.com>
> wrote:
>
>>"Icarus" <tjmos...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>>I have a Access 2000 database that I am opening with Access 2007.
>>
>>>When I open the datbase in Access 2000 or Access 2003, the database
>>>runs as expected.
>>
>>>In Access 2007 my main form opens, a form with multiple tabs and
>>>subforms, the form now takes a "very" long time (more than 10 minutes)
>>>to load.
>>
>>>Has anyone come across this before, and if so were you able to fix it?
>>
>>You not given much details such as if there is a network involved, or your
>>application is multi-user and split.
>>
>>I would work your way thought the following list of things to check however:
>>
>>http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/performancefaq.htm
>>
>>--
>>Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
>>Edmonton, Alberta Canada
>>pleaseNOOSpamKal...@msn.com
>

> it is a multi user, where there is a client on each user's c:\ drive,
> but they all hit against the same back end database.
>
> The form is opened with a docmd.openform, but there is a Form_Open on
> the form itself that processes as the form opens.  It makes it through
> the whole Form_Open code, all the way to the "Exit Sub", but then
> freezes up before it gets back to the original function.
>
> When I go line by line with F8 with the exact same database, but
> opened with Access 2003, it makes it back to the original function
> that calls the form, but the process freezes when the database is
> opened in Access 2007.

Do you have the Office and Access service packs installed?
0
oil (4047)
8/21/2008 1:43:25 AM
On Aug 20, 9:43=A0pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote:
> Icarus wrote:
> > On Aug 20, 8:45 pm, "Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkal...@msn.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >>"Icarus" <tjmos...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >>You not given much details such as if there is a network involved, or y=
our
> >>application is multi-user and split.
>
> >>I would work your way thought the following list of things to check how=
ever:

> >>http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/performancefaq.htm
>
> >>--
> >>Albert D. Kallal =A0 =A0(Access MVP)
> >>Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> >>pleaseNOOSpamKal...@msn.com
>
> > it is a multi user, where there is a client on each user's c:\ drive,
> > but they all hit against the same back end database.
>
> > The form is opened with a docmd.openform, but there is a Form_Open on
> > the form itself that processes as the form opens. =A0It makes it throug=
> > the whole Form_Open code, all the way to the "Exit Sub", but then
> > freezes up before it gets back to the original function.
>
> > When I go line by line with F8 with the exact same database, but
> > opened with Access 2003, it makes it back to the original function
> > that calls the form, but the process freezes when the database is
> > opened in Access 2007.
>
> Do you have the Office and Access service packs installed?- Hide quoted t=
ext -

I should.  How do I double check this?
0
tjmoses1 (23)
8/21/2008 12:39:20 PM
Icarus wrote:

> On Aug 20, 9:43 pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote:
>
>>Icarus wrote:

>>>it is a multi user, where there is a client on each user's c:\ drive,
>>>but they all hit against the same back end database.
>>
>>>The form is opened with a docmd.openform, but there is a Form_Open on
>>>the form itself that processes as the form opens.  It makes it through
>>>the whole Form_Open code, all the way to the "Exit Sub", but then
>>>freezes up before it gets back to the original function.
>>
>>>When I go line by line with F8 with the exact same database, but
>>>opened with Access 2003, it makes it back to the original function
>>>that calls the form, but the process freezes when the database is
>>>opened in Access 2007.
>>
>>Do you have the Office and Access service packs installed?- Hide quoted text -

> I should.  How do I double check this?

Don't know.  In prior versions you went to Help/About.
0
oil (4047)
8/21/2008 4:18:40 PM
On Aug 21, 12:18=A0pm, Salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote:
> Icarus wrote:

> >>Do you have the Office and Access service packs installed?- Hide quoted=
 text -

> > I should. =A0How do I double check this?
>
> Don't know. =A0In prior versions you went to Help/About.- Hide quoted tex=
t -

To open the form, I have the line:  DoCmd.OpenForm "frmECD".

I've read somewhere that opening a form in Office 2007 as a dialog
form may cause problems.  Does anyone know if by default, the line
above opens the form in dialog format?
0
tjmoses1 (23)
8/22/2008 1:20:32 PM
That line will only open frmECD in Dialog mode if you have Dialog mode set in
its Properties sheet.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

MS Access Question for Access Gurus
I have one table called Album another table called Song One Album has many songs I created an Album form that contains a Song Subform. in the Song table I have a field id which is the primary key, and another field called index The song index is a number that represents the song number on the record. For example on the Beatle's Album: Abbey Road the song indices are as follows: Track Listings 1. Come Together 2. Something 3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer 4. Oh! Darling 5. Octopus's Garden 6. I Want You (She's So Heavy) 7. Here Comes the Sun ...

Question (Access 2002 and Access 2007)
Hi, I will be getting Access 2007 but I have Access 2002 on my machine. I want to keep Access 2002 and install new Access 2007. Will it be conflict or not ? Is there a website for me to find any errors, cannot be done, etc.? If it's okay to have two access programs on my machine, is there any ACCESS checker for Access 2002 and Access 2007. Your feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks You have lots of options here. If you do a custom install of Access 2007, you have the option to keep your previous versions. It will install A2007 into a different folder, and you can then start either version at will. (There is a delay of 20-30 seconds when you switch versions, as that version is registered with Windows.) Alteratively, A2007 can fully edit any MDB in A2000 or 2002/3 file format. You may still want the old version for specific purposes (e.g. creating an MDE, or custom toolbars.) For info on what's new in A2007, what's gone, what's broken, etc, see: Converting to Access 2007 at: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3cd76a5d-b686-4a94-ae81-5cdb43f88b91@h5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I will be getting Access 2007 but I have Access 2002 on my machine. > I want to keep Access 2002 and ins...

Form size question with Access forms, remote desktop, and MS Surface Pro
Hi, I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it off the cloud. Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the people that are hosting our software can do. -paulw On Monday, 29 February 2016 17:30:11 UTC, PW wrote: > Hi, > > I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: > > We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When > we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from > an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are > so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the > cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it > off the cloud. > > Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the > people that are hosting our software can do. > > -paulw It will cost you, but have a look at a program called "ShrinkerStrether from Peter's Software (http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm) This should shrink or stretch forms and all their controls to match the scr...

ACCESS accessibility from a C++ process launched from an ACCESS form
Here is my problem. From an ACCESS form, I run a C++ process reaching the same database in read/write mode via the ODBC driver. An error occurs: " The database has been placed by an unknown user in a state preventing it from being opened either locked. SQLSetConnectAttr failure of the pilot " (Nota : translated approximatively from the french error message). However, if I have used an another form before (eg. to modify a table), or if I have modified myself a record of any table, there is no problem. It seems that the database is in a state " read-only " by default until th...

Access 2007 db.accdb modified using Access 2010 can no longer be opened with Access 2007
Hi, A client sent me an Access 2007 db.accdb which I modified using 2010. The client could not open using Access 2007 "Unrecognized database format 'C:\RD\db.accdb". I tried to open using Access 2007 and got the same message. Does anyone have an explanation?? Cheers, Barry "Barry Edmund Wright" <barry.edmund.wright@witstoronto.ca> wrote > Does anyone have an explanation?? Explanation: It's easy to look back and make a version backward compatible because you can see and test with the older version (Access 2010 successfully opens the Access 2007 database) ; it's not nearly so easy to look forward and make a version (in your case Access 2007) forward compatible with whatever may be done in the _next_ version (Access 2007 not opening the database once it's been modified and saved in Access 2010). This is a known issue, discussed many times here in the newsgroup. What we don't know is whether Microsoft _thought_ they'd implemented both backward and forward compatibility in Access 2010. -- Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP Co-Author, Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions, Wiley 2010 "Barry Edmund Wright" wrote in message=20 news:8d50cbbe-0804-40ed-a420-3f13d1da89f3@hs8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...= >Hi, > >A client sent me an Access 2007 db.accdb which I modified using 2010. >The client could not open using Access 2007 "Unrecognized database >format 'C:\...

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

Accessing Access

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...

Is it possible to open an Access 2007 accdb database in Access 2003?
I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Robert Hi, Robert. >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way >I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Sorry. "Unrecognized database format." ACCDB's require Access 2007. HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials. Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com http://www.Access.QBuilt.c...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

ask me a question ms access databases
I will be willing to help, with access databases, in same order request is received. The web site is at www.jaxdatasolutions.com. This is for a limited time only. ivanmendoza@comcast.net (Ivan) wrote: >I will be willing to help, with access databases, in same order >request is received. The web site is at <snipped> This >is for a limited time only. Umm, hows about we ask questions in this newsgroup? Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips &...

Access 2007 Tabbed Forms Question
This is probably simple but: when using tabbed forms in A2007, is there a simple way to prevent the user from right-clicking on a form tab and choosing "Design View" other than disabling default shortcut menus? The very simpest solution would be to create an ACCDE (or MDE) for the users. Design view will then be unavailable for all objects. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Wayne" <cqdigital@volcanomail.com> wrote in message news:1dc72e94-33fd-41c8-bd5e-1f075e94478e@s21g2000prm.googlegroups.com... > This is probably simple but: when using tabbed forms in A2007, is > there a simple way to prevent the user from right-clicking on a form > tab and choosing "Design View" other than disabling default shortcut > menus? On Jun 24, 10:35=A0pm, "Allen Browne" <AllenBro...@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote: > The very simpest solution would be to create an ACCDE (or MDE) for the > users. Design view will then be unavailable for all objects. > > -- > Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. =A0Perth, Western Australia > Tips for Access users -http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html > Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. Thanks Allen. ...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007 #2
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon Simon van Beek wrote: > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in > Access 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon Yes. There might be some issues, though, depending on how you've programmed the db. Best suggestion, in my eyes, would be testing and playing around a little with *a* *copy* of the database and see what turns up. Most likely, you'd need to set the directory in which the database resides, as a trusted location. A very good sumup of "the good, bad and ugly" ;-) of Access 2007 is this list by Allen Browne http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Roy-Vidar Simon, Best wishes to you too. One question: why do you use so many carriage returns in your messages? They cause readers having to unnecessary scroll. Thanks, John "Simon van Beek" <SvanBeekNL@Versatel.nl> schreef in bericht news:495f3ebf$0$28733$bf4948fe@news.tele2.nl... > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access > 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon >...

Web resources about - Access 2007 form question - comp.databases.ms-access

Salary expectations question: Best answers to give in a job interview
IT’S the awkward but crucial question in any job interview: “What are your salary expectations?”

Thirteen tough questions every couple should ask for a successful marriage
These intimate and sometimes awkward questions give couples a chance to spill secrets before it's too late.

Arnold Schwarzenegger terminates Weekend Sunrise interview after questions on US presidential campaign ...
He's famous for saying he'll be back, but Arnold Schwarzenegger may think twice about appearing on Weekend Sunrise again.

NDP, Tories question whether PM's new Senate picks can be truly independent
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is recommending the appointment of seven new senators. Although they will sit as independents, opposition MPs are ...

"It’s a question every candidate for state Supreme Court is asked: Which U.S. Supreme Court justices ...
Writes the left/liberal Bill Lueders at the end of his Isthmus piece "Battle for the [Wisconsin Supreme] court/Bradley v. Kloppenburg is a classic ...

The question nobody dares to ask about strategy
Picture by Henrik Mårtensson I originally published this article at Linkedin Pulse : When I transitioned from my work as a developer and systems ...

17 former Google interview questions so ridiculous that the company banned them
Sometimes the hiring practices of even the most successful companies can feel outright wonky. There can be strange interview questions that ...

S.C. police officer killed trying to question teen
S.C. police officer killed trying to question teen

14 great responses when a job interviewer asks, 'Any questions for me?'
So you managed to get through a phone screen, ten resume revisions, and a lot of anxious moments when you were convinced they were ignoring you. ...