Access 2007 Question: Is there still a 755 control limit for forms and reports?

For those of you that are using the Access 2007 Beta, can I ask, comparing
Access 97:

Is there still a 755 control limit for forms and reports?

0
none10 (4038)

MS Access Forms and Reports Question
Hey folks, I am trying to make a form that has a button linked to a report. Instead of when pressing the button just bringing up the specific records information, it is searching the whole table that the form is linked to and bringing that up in the report. I know there is a way to just print the selected record in the form and turn that into a report and print that. Does anyone know how to do this? Does a query need to be made? I tried searching the help files to no avail. I have done this before a long time ago, I just don't remember how. Thanks Allison Allison wrote: > Hey folks, > > I am trying to make a form that has a button linked to a report. > Instead of when pressing the button just bringing up the specific > records information, it is searching the whole table that the form is > linked to and bringing that up in the report. > > I know there is a way to just print the selected record in the form > and turn that into a report and print that. Does anyone know how to > do this? Does a query need to be made? I tried searching the help > files to no avail. I have done this before a long time ago, I just > don't remember how. > Thanks > > Allison It is very common in Access to need to... Open a Form pre-filtered based on the value of one or more controls on the current form. Open a Report pre-filtered based on the value of one or more controls on the current form. Even though these are both about as co...

Access 2007 Question: Is there still a 2K recordsize limit?
For those of you that are using the Access 2007 Beta, can I ask, comparing Access 97: Is there still a 2K recordsize limit? "Mark 123" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:IvD1g.15366$JZ1.585973@news.xtra.co.nz... > For those of you that are using the Access 2007 Beta, can I ask, comparing > Access 97: > > Is there still a 2K recordsize limit? You can ask, but if it hasn't been published by Microsoft, beta participants would be violating their Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and would risk being dropped from the beta and barred from participating in future betas. Some authoritative source of Access 2007 information, published by Microsoft, are: Recently-posted marketing information, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/programs/access/demo.mspx, and *Erik Rucker's blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/access/ * Erik is a member of the Access 2007 development team. Thanks. I forgot about that. "Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message news:Wqj2g.438$yI1.240@trnddc04... > > "Mark 123" <none@none.com> wrote in message > news:IvD1g.15366$JZ1.585973@news.xtra.co.nz... > > For those of you that are using the Access 2007 Beta, can I ask, comparing > > Access 97: > > > > Is there still a 2K recordsize limit? > > You can ask, but if it hasn't been published by Microsoft, beta participants > would be violating their Non-Disclosure Agreemen...

MS Access Question for Access Gurus
I have one table called Album another table called Song One Album has many songs I created an Album form that contains a Song Subform. in the Song table I have a field id which is the primary key, and another field called index The song index is a number that represents the song number on the record. For example on the Beatle's Album: Abbey Road the song indices are as follows: Track Listings 1. Come Together 2. Something 3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer 4. Oh! Darling 5. Octopus's Garden 6. I Want You (She's So Heavy) 7. Here Comes the Sun ...

Question (Access 2002 and Access 2007)
Hi, I will be getting Access 2007 but I have Access 2002 on my machine. I want to keep Access 2002 and install new Access 2007. Will it be conflict or not ? Is there a website for me to find any errors, cannot be done, etc.? If it's okay to have two access programs on my machine, is there any ACCESS checker for Access 2002 and Access 2007. Your feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks You have lots of options here. If you do a custom install of Access 2007, you have the option to keep your previous versions. It will install A2007 into a different folder, and you can then start either version at will. (There is a delay of 20-30 seconds when you switch versions, as that version is registered with Windows.) Alteratively, A2007 can fully edit any MDB in A2000 or 2002/3 file format. You may still want the old version for specific purposes (e.g. creating an MDE, or custom toolbars.) For info on what's new in A2007, what's gone, what's broken, etc, see: Converting to Access 2007 at: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3cd76a5d-b686-4a94-ae81-5cdb43f88b91@h5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I will be getting Access 2007 but I have Access 2002 on my machine. > I want to keep Access 2002 and ins...

ms-access 2007 online? How can users log on to access 2007 from the internet?
10 years ago, the below was written (see very end, after my signature RL). What, if anything, has changed? I have Access 2003 and soon Access 2007 on a Windows XP Professional or Windows Vista Ultimate machine, with SQL Server Express running on it, and I want somebody, with a password (which I will provide) to be able to log onto a A03 or A07 dB from the internet. Now that I type this I realize that unless I put the database onto a web server somewhere, probably that will be impossible without some third-party software (which I vaguely recall exists somewhere, just released this year, allowing any user of WIndows to become a sort of personal server), so let me rephrase: 1) same question as above--I doubt there's a clear answer, but can somebody access Access given the above? What third party software? Ah, let me Google this: a lot of TP s/w and even something from MSFT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Home_Server. So the question remains: can Access 2003 or 2007 be configured to be remotely accessible using such S/W like "Home Server"? (this merges into question 2) 2) modifying the above: assume I put a copy of Access 03/07 dB onto a web server, such as a business and/or personal web server that hosts my company business page. I will provide a link and/or the user will FTP to the Access database that is now online. Can Access 2003 or 2007 do this? Allow remote access? Is it built in? Assume the person is running Windows, but it could be Wi...

Access Controls in Access
How on access can you set access controls to your users? If they log in with one username and password they can just read information and if they log in with another username and password they can read and write? I have no idea how to do this, is it even possible?? Thank you Try playing with the access security tool, you can add users, groups, passwords, read/write allowances etc. to your database using that. Its under the 'Tools' menu of Access. Brian wrote: > Try playing with the access security tool, you can add users, groups, > passwords, read/write allowances etc. to your database using that. > Its under the 'Tools' menu of Access. Playing is not the proper word for it. I would never "play" with installing security without a backup copy of the System.mdw file or a backup of the application. You should also recommend the SecFaq when "playing" with security. http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/techpapers.htm. Dangerous http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASIVv_LiBoU Yeah i suppose playing wasn't the correct word for it. Hey Thanks for both your help. I'll try that. "Hanny J" <hannyjones@aol.com> wrote > Thanks for both your help. I'll try that. Note that a well-versed author and authority, Roger Jenkins, back in the days of Access 2.0, characterized Access' Security as "labrynthine". It has not gotten any less complex, and I caution that, while it is "doable&qu...

MS Access Report Question
I have a complet Access database and it is used for reporting to the goverment, what the reporting requirements are is to summarize how many people of what type we served, for example I have a Combo box with different races in them, i.e. White, African-American, Asian, etc. and I also have a date field associated with the record. What I would like is to summarize those fields by months. For example January White: 23 African American: 19 February White: 12 Asian: 23 Do you have anysuggestions on the best way to do this? I have tried reports, but it is confusing to do t...

Access 2007 form question
I have a Access 2000 database that I am opening with Access 2007. When I open the datbase in Access 2000 or Access 2003, the database runs as expected. In Access 2007 my main form opens, a form with multiple tabs and subforms, the form now takes a "very" long time (more than 10 minutes) to load. Has anyone come across this before, and if so were you able to fix it? "Icarus" <tjmoses1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6d84575b-b564-4da1-a049-860c503e6c0e@z72g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... >I have a Access 2000 database that I am opening with Access 2007. > > When I open the datbase in Access 2000 or Access 2003, the database > runs as expected. > > In Access 2007 my main form opens, a form with multiple tabs and > subforms, the form now takes a "very" long time (more than 10 minutes) > to load. > > Has anyone come across this before, and if so were you able to fix it? You not given much details such as if there is a network involved, or your application is multi-user and split. I would work your way thought the following list of things to check however: http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/performancefaq.htm -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com On Aug 20, 8:45=A0pm, "Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkal...@msn.com> wrote: > "Icarus" <tjmos...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > news:6d84575b-b564-4da1-a049-860c503e6c...

Form size question with Access forms, remote desktop, and MS Surface Pro
Hi, I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it off the cloud. Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the people that are hosting our software can do. -paulw On Monday, 29 February 2016 17:30:11 UTC, PW wrote: > Hi, > > I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: > > We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When > we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from > an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are > so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the > cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it > off the cloud. > > Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the > people that are hosting our software can do. > > -paulw It will cost you, but have a look at a program called "ShrinkerStrether from Peter's Software (http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm) This should shrink or stretch forms and all their controls to match the scr...

ACCESS accessibility from a C++ process launched from an ACCESS form
Here is my problem. From an ACCESS form, I run a C++ process reaching the same database in read/write mode via the ODBC driver. An error occurs: " The database has been placed by an unknown user in a state preventing it from being opened either locked. SQLSetConnectAttr failure of the pilot " (Nota : translated approximatively from the french error message). However, if I have used an another form before (eg. to modify a table), or if I have modified myself a record of any table, there is no problem. It seems that the database is in a state " read-only " by default until th...

Access 2007 db.accdb modified using Access 2010 can no longer be opened with Access 2007
Hi, A client sent me an Access 2007 db.accdb which I modified using 2010. The client could not open using Access 2007 "Unrecognized database format 'C:\RD\db.accdb". I tried to open using Access 2007 and got the same message. Does anyone have an explanation?? Cheers, Barry "Barry Edmund Wright" <barry.edmund.wright@witstoronto.ca> wrote > Does anyone have an explanation?? Explanation: It's easy to look back and make a version backward compatible because you can see and test with the older version (Access 2010 successfully opens the Access 2007 database) ; it's not nearly so easy to look forward and make a version (in your case Access 2007) forward compatible with whatever may be done in the _next_ version (Access 2007 not opening the database once it's been modified and saved in Access 2010). This is a known issue, discussed many times here in the newsgroup. What we don't know is whether Microsoft _thought_ they'd implemented both backward and forward compatibility in Access 2010. -- Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP Co-Author, Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions, Wiley 2010 "Barry Edmund Wright" wrote in message=20 news:8d50cbbe-0804-40ed-a420-3f13d1da89f3@hs8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...= >Hi, > >A client sent me an Access 2007 db.accdb which I modified using 2010. >The client could not open using Access 2007 "Unrecognized database >format 'C:\...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Accessing Access

Is it possible to open an Access 2007 accdb database in Access 2003?
I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Robert Hi, Robert. >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way >I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? Sorry. "Unrecognized database format." ACCDB's require Access 2007. HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials. Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact info. "Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net> wrote in message news:S2O0i.38$eP6.33@newsfe06.lga... >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way >I could open an accdb database in Access 2003? > > Robert > On Thu, 10 May 2007 19:25:51 -0400, "Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net> wrote: Software rarely is forward compatible, and Access 2003 is no exception. Does your software anticipate the changes you'll make four years later? -Tom. >I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I >could open an accdb database in Access 2003? > >Robert > "Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net> wrote in news:S2O0i.38$eP6.33@newsfe06.lga: > I understand that new features would not be available but is there > any way I ...

Web resources about - Access 2007 Question: Is there still a 755 control limit for forms and reports? - comp.databases.ms-access