Access 2010 Print Ribbon Error: "The expresion you entered has a function that Microsoft Access can't find"

Hi,

That happens when I click on the Excel, Word, Text, HTML Document,
Email buttons in the print ribbon while a report is in preview mode.

It is only happening with a new application that I wrote, but not with
another application (works great).  References are identical.

What did I miss?

Thanks,

-paulw

On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 11:24:39 -0700, PW
<emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>That happens when I click on the Excel, Word, Text, HTML Document,
>Email buttons in the print ribbon while a report is in preview mode.
>
>It is only happening with a new application that I wrote, but not with
>another application (works great).  References are identical.
>
>What did I miss?
>
>Thanks,
>
>-paulw

By the way, the ribbon XML for the report tab is the same on both
applications:

<customUI
xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
  <ribbon startFromScratch="true">
    <tabs>
     <tab id="MyReport" label="Report Print and View Options">

        <group idMso="GroupPrintPreviewPrintAccess" />
        <group idMso="GroupPageLayoutAccess" />
        <group idMso="GroupZoom" />

        <group id="ListCommands" label="Print">
           <button idMso="FilePrintQuick" keytip="q" size="large"/>
           <button idMso="PrintDialogAccess"
                   label="Print Dialog"
                   keytip="d" size="large"/>
        </group>

        <group id="ExportCmds" keytip="e" label="Data Export">
           <button idMso="PublishToPdfOrEdoc" keytip="p"
size="large"/>

          <button id="ExportExcel" label="Excel"
                   imageMso="ExportExcel" size="large"
                   onAction="=MyExport('XLS')"/>

           <button id="ExportWord" label="Word"
                   imageMso="ExportWord" size="large"
                   onAction="=MyExport('RTF')"/>

           <button id="ExportTextFile" label="Text"
                   imageMso="ExportTextFile" size="large"
                   onAction="=MyExport('TXT')"/>

           <button id="ExportHtml" label="HTML Document"
                   imageMso="ExportHtmlDocument" size="large"
                   onAction="=MyExport('TXT')"/>

           <button id="CreateEmail" label="Email Report (PDF)"
                    imageMso="FileSendAsAttachment"
                    enabled="true" size="large"
                    onAction= "=MySend()"/>
        </group>

        <group idMso="GroupZoom"></group>

        <group id="Exit" keytip="x" label="Exit">
           <button idMso="PrintPreviewClose" keytip="c" size="large"/>
        </group>

       </tab>
    </tabs>
  </ribbon>
</customUI>
On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 11:24:39 -0700, PW
<emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>That happens when I click on the Excel, Word, Text, HTML Document,
>Email buttons in the print ribbon while a report is in preview mode.
>
>It is only happening with a new application that I wrote, but not with
>another application (works great).  References are identical.
>
>What did I miss?
>
>Thanks,
>
>-paulw

I can't find anything about this error with a report using Google or
Bing.  The report previews (so what is the problem?) but these
particular buttons for Office apps (for the most part) cause this
error and do not work.  But they don't work on my PC and my wife's PC
but our other application the ribbon works fine (it is not my print
ribbon but Access's).  Same code, same report, same settings under
File/Options.

If I remove the name of the USysRibbon name from the Other tab, it
prints fine (using the right-click print option).  Same XML code,
works with another of our apps.

This stinks because I have to deliver this application in a couple
days.  I am going to have to disable in XML these options for the time
being :-(

-pw
On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 11:24:39 -0700, PW
<emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>That happens when I click on the Excel, Word, Text, HTML Document,
>Email buttons in the print ribbon while a report is in preview mode.
>
>It is only happening with a new application that I wrote, but not with
>another application (works great).  References are identical.
>
>What did I miss?
>
>Thanks,
>
>-paulw

I just created a blank report with nothing on it and I still get the
error.  Very frustrating.  What could it be?  Works with one
application but not another.  Exact same code like I said.
On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 11:24:39 -0700, PW
<emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>That happens when I click on the Excel, Word, Text, HTML Document,
>Email buttons in the print ribbon while a report is in preview mode.
>
>It is only happening with a new application that I wrote, but not with
>another application (works great).  References are identical.
>
>What did I miss?
>
>Thanks,
>
>-paulw

We forgot to copy some code from another application that we wrote.
All is well now.

What a good morning!

-pw

Can't Add "Mode" to Quick Access Toolbar in MS-Access 2007
I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode at all. I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? On Jun 19, 10:10=A0am, Heather <mywor...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also > have no butto...

"Can't find the wizard" error in Access
Hi, Does anyone have any suggestions for this error... Everything on my db was working fine (famous last words, I know). And all of a sudden yesterday I started having an error regarding Wizards. It happens a couple of times. First, when I attempted to use an add-in I have called Find and Replace, I got an error message with the red 'X' saying "can't find the wizard, or the wizard has not been installed, or there is a syntax error in the Declarations section of a Visual Basic module". It goes on to say something about the libraries key in my windows registry, and more...

Error Message: "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session"
I am getting the following error when I am trying to send a report as an email attachment "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session" On the knowledge base on the MS site it says that this will happen if you have installed Access 97 after installing MS Office 2000. However I haven't installed Access 97 on this machine. Can anyone help me with this. TIA It would make sense for you to post the code you are using to send the report as this can easily happen with a syntax error. John "Stephen" <steph_mw@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<DK0rb.1950$aT.1846@news-server.bigpond.net.au>... > I am getting the following error when I am trying to send a report as an > email attachment > > "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session" > > On the knowledge base on the MS site it says that this will happen if you > have installed Access 97 after installing MS Office 2000. However I haven't > installed Access 97 on this machine. > > Can anyone help me with this. > > TIA Hi John I wasn't actually using code I was using the Mail as Attachment option from the file menu. Any help would be appreciated as now I have this on two computers, both of which have never had Acc97 installed on them. TIA Stephen "John" <jobrienct@excite.com> wrote in message news:c4916e0f.0311082242.1fca9ee5@posting.google.com... > It woul...

"You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" (Access 2003)
Hi, All of a sudden one of our clients can't use her application. She gets "You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" when trying to open our application. The only thing she did today, according to her, was to download and install an Avery label wizard. She has rebooted and there are no other versions of Access running. The shortcut that launches the application does point to a version of Access (2003) because the installation wizard found an existing version on her PC. I believe it points to Office 11. Any ideas? -paulw Nevermind. She uninstal...

Ribbon/XML Error: "Cannot run the macro or callback function" (Access 2010)
Hi, This is happening on only one Windows 7 PC. Others are fine. Here is the code: Dim iRibbonControl As Control ' Opens a form with a blank record from a button on the ribbon: Public Sub OnOpenFormNewRec(ctl As iRibbonControl) DoCmd.OpenForm ctl.Tag, acNormal, , , acFormAdd End Sub I cannot duplicate the error on my PC. Any ideas? -paulw ...

"Automation server can't create Objects" error while accessing the WMI scripts from Linux box
I have an implementation issue with WMI scripts to check the user machine processor. The implementation is working fine in the local machine (Windows XP operating system). It is throwing script error in the DEV environment (Application deployed in the linux box). Following is the javascript code to detect the processor, function detectProcessor() { var locator = new ActiveXObject ("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator"); var service = locator.ConnectServer("."); var properties = service.ExecQuery(" SELECT * FROM WIN32_Processor"); ...

error message; microsoft access can't find the field 'ToggleLink' referred to in your expression
i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway. how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks grahamwarren2009@googlemail.com wrote: > i have a couple of buttons in a database which when pressed give the > above error message. when I click OK i get access to the form anyway. > how can i get rid of this apparent glitch? many thanks Do you have access to the code. If so, open up a code module for the form and do a CTRL+F and search your code for references to ToggleLink. Perhaps...

Ribbon Problem" "Cannot run the macro or callback function OnLoadImage" Access 2010, Windows 7
Hi, This is the first time I think I've had this problem with any client. It's with Windows 7 and Access 2010. The first line of the XML is the only one that contains a reference to OnLoadImage: <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui" loadImage="OnLoadImage"> Any ideas what is going on? I realize that most here do not use the ribbon so I guess it's a shot in the dark. -paulw Am 11.03.2014 18:01, schrieb PW: > Hi, > > This is the first time I think I've had this problem with any client. >...

Access 2010 Runtime "Function is not available" error
We have a client using our application on Windows 7 and she got this error. All runs fine on our Windows 7 and XP machines. It was created with the MS Runtime application. The ACCDE runs fine here. Within the Access 2010 development and by itself on another Win7 PC of ours. I am retyping this so I may have messed it up. Function is not available in expressions in query expression '(((qryReservationsAll.date_arriv) <Date()) AND ((qryReservationsAll.Status) <> "C" AND (qryReservationsAll.Status) <> "Q")' Any ideas? Is this a service pack issue? ...

Access to function causes "access check failed"
Hi everyone! I have a question about access to functions. With the example below : -- main.adb with T; procedure Main is begin T.P; end Main; -- t.ads package T is type T_Procedure_Params_Access is not null access function (Request : Integer; Params : Integer) return Integer; procedure P; private type T1 is record I : T_Procedure_Params_Access; end record; end T; -- t.adb package body T is My_T : T1; procedure P is begin null; end P; end T; The My_T : T1 declaration in t.adb caused the check failed error on line of "type...

renaming "Exit Access" command to "Exit" in Access 2007

BSF v450 OORexx 4.2 - trying to use BSF to access a Java bean
if rxFuncQuery("BSF") then /* no bsf4rexx support available yet, hence load Java */ do call rxFuncAdd "BsfLoadFuncs", "BSF4ooRexx", "BsfLoadFuncs" call BsfLoadFuncs /* load all BSF-functions */ call BsfLoadJava /* load the JVM and set up BSF4Rexx-support */ end sbean=bsf('loadClass', 'StatusBean') properties=bsf('invoke', sbean, "setServer_Name('server1')") /* get the System properties */ this gives 38 *-* if rxFuncQuery("BSF") >L> ...

How can I find all instances of "tblCFClientChanges" in an Access 97 database?
Mainly, I want to search the saved queries. I don't want to replace them. I just want to find them. MLH wrote: > Mainly, I want to search the saved queries. > I don't want to replace them. I just want to find them. Read this: http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/products.htm MLH wrote: > Mainly, I want to search the saved queries. > I don't want to replace them. I just want to find them. Read this: http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/products.htm failing that, you could loop through the SQL property of all your queries and use InStr and Replace and all that, bu...

how to access the content of a control when using a 'save' button on the ms-access 2010 ribbon
I have a ribbon with one of the buttons defined as <button id="cmdSave" size="large" label="Save" imageMso="FileSave" onAction="=saveRecord()"/> the ribbon is linked to a form, and the form has as a bound control 'currencyId' and the saveRecord() function if (nz(currencyId, "")="") then msgbox "Currency id required" endif if, using the form, I add a new record and enter 'ab' in the currency id field then I click the 'save' button on the ribbon, I get the message box if, I add a 'save' button to the form, and it's onClick event is Private Sub Command0_Click() On Error Resume Next saveRecord End Sub when I click the form's save button, I don't get the msgbox it appears that moving the focus from the currencyid textbox to the save button does the trick but clicking the ribbon's save button doesn't move the focus I normally don't have a button on the form to move focus to, and I don't want to cycle through all the textbox controls to find a different control to setFocus, and neither currencyid.text, currencyid.value seem to have the value that was typed so what's the best way to have/use a save button on the ribbon, and have all the form's controls up to date with the correct value ? On 09/06/2013 15:37:00, Roger wrote: > I have a ribbon with one of the butto...

Can't "mk CONF=9pcdisk" --> gives error "rc: #d/0: token '=': syntax error"
I'm in /sys/src/9/pc and I type `mk CONF=9pcdisk` and rc gives me the error "rc: #d/0: token '=': syntax error". Why is this? Just doing mk works fine (I think). Thanks! Plan9 looks very cool... just finished reading through intro (all of it). you're using backquotes, why? that would be `{mk CONF=3D9pcdisk} in rc's syntax. now to compile that kernel the syntax is: % mk 'CONF=3Dpcdisk' now are you sure you want a pcdisk?=20 On Jul 19, 2012, at 6:07 AM, kalaracey@gmail.com wrote: > I'm in /sys/src/9/pc and I type >=20 ...

Can't install Kensington software--"Access denied"
I recently put an additional hard drive in my Mac G4 (Sawtooth), and everything--data and applications--copied over to the new drive with only a couple snags. One problem is that my old Kensington trackball(an Expert Mouse Pro) wouldn't work properly. If I booted from the new hard drive, went to System Preferences, and clicked on Mouseworks, I get a message saying that the driver isn't running or can't be found. (The trackball does work OK if I boot from the old hard drive.) Kensington sent me a new trackball and installation disk, but when I tried to install the softwar...

Microsoft Access Can't Find Macro '.'
I keep receiving the above error message in Microsoft Access when I attempt to click on one of the text boxes on my form. I have done some searching and came across a couple of posts that stated their may be a space in one of the event procedure properties of the text box, but I see nothing. I have even tried backspacing and deleting from each event procedure that is not being called. I also tried a compact and repair with no change. Any suggestions? Thank you. -Vincent do you get the error message regardless of where the focus is at the time that you try to move the focus to that part...

Why doesn't can't a vector of "Derived" be passed to function taking vector of "Base"?
I have these classes (elided methods): class Base { public: Base(string name) {...} }; class Derived : public Base { public: Derived(String name) : Base( name ) {...} }; And neither of these work: /*** ATTEMPT ONE **/ void create(std::vector<Base>& arr) { ... } int main() { std::vector<Derived> arr; create( arr ); } /*** ATTEMPT TWO **/ void create(std::vector<Base*>& arr) { ... } int main() { std::vector<Derived*> arr; create( arr ); } On 2008-04-28 17:20, Rob wrote: > I have these classes (elided methods): To answer the questions in the subject (which you really ought to repeat in the message): Because a vector<Derived> does not inherit from vector<Base> even though Derived inherits from Base. You might want to use vector<Base*> instead and store pointers to objects of type Derived in it. -- Erik Wikström Rob <someidunknown1234@yahoo.com> writes: > I have these classes (elided methods): > > class Base > { > public: > Base(string name) {...} > }; > > class Derived : public Base > { > public: > Derived(String name) : Base( name ) {...} > }; > > And neither of these work: > > /*** ATTEMPT ONE **/ > void create(std::vector<Base>& arr) > { > ... > } ...

Access 97, W2K, "can't open the mail session"
The problem I have is with my application using MS access 97 runtime and running on W2k. The sendobject method returns error 2287 "can't open the mail session". I've seen lots of posts on this subject but so far only two suggested solutions. One suggests missing lines in WIN.INI The other MS KB article Q283173 which references the symptom and suggests deleting a registry key. The application runs on ME properly, but on W2k shows this symptom. Problem is, my W2K - WIN.INI has the full complent of lines, as follows, [Mail] MAPI=1 CMC=1 CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll CMCDLLNAME32=MAPI32....

Why the "Java toturial" on sun.com can't be accessible online
A few days ago, I still can access the content of "java tutorial" on the sun.com website. But today, the link for accessing content has been redirected to the "buy the book" page.... It really sucks! Has anyone downloaded that document before? It will be appreciated if you can send me a copy. Thanks very much. My email box is lianliming AT gmail DOT com. Thanks in advance! Lian Liming wrote: > A few days ago, I still can access the content of "java tutorial" The one by Peter Van Der Linden? I thought it had disappeared more than a year or two ago, it was ...

error: linking mysql tables (odbc) from ms-access: "Could not find installable ISAM"
I have been connecting to mysql tables from ms-access vba through odbc [MySQL] [ODBC 3.51 Driver] connection string and everything is ok. when I try to create a permanent link to mysql tables from ms-access menu > file > get external data > ODBC > user dsn, I get: =93ODBC call failed=94 error. when I try to create a permanent link from ms-access VBA ADOX, I get: "Could not find installable ISAM". when I search ISAM error I found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209805/EN-= US/ article attributing error cause to unregistered dll, I have followed the 2 rec...

SE directory and file permissions
On 4 Jan 2006 07:36:21 -0800, carsten@uniqsys.com <carsten@uniqsys.com> wro= te: > If this is standard engine, you have to make sure that the user that's > trying to connect has read, write, and execute permissions on the > <dbname>.dbs directory. This can probably be achieved by adding the > user to the group that owns the dbs directory. No, No, No, No, No, NO, **NO** !!!! Do not throw away all your security! The dbname.dbs directory should have precisely 770 permission, owned by the database owner, and belonging to group informix. Anything else is a disaster. Similarly, all the files (.dat and .idx files) in the database directory will belong to the user who created the table and belong to group informix and will have 660 permission. Any relaxation (or tightening) of these permissions breaks things. Laxer permissions means that anyone can read the files - or write over the files, thereby destroying the data. Indeed, setting the database directory to 777 means that anybody, but anybody, can eliminate files from your database (not necessarily dropping the tables; just removing the files, or adding new ones). Note that sqlexec should be a SUID root, SGID informix program. If it has incorrect permissions (is missing the SGID permissions in particular), then you run into problems, and the 'obvious' way to fix them is by wrecking the permissions on the database directory and the files in the database direct...

Microsoft Access Can't Find Macro '.' #2
I keep receiving the above error message in Microsoft Access 2003 when I open ANY database - including a completely empty test database (no forms, no macros, no tables). Can anyone suggest a solution? TIA ...

AfterUpdate Code causes Access failure ("Microsoft Access has stopped working")
I know this might sound strange, but when I first open my database (Prospec= Form opens), if I choose to use the CompanyFind dropdown/combo box on the f= orm to to choose the record ProspectForm will populate with, it causes "Mic= rosoft Access has stopped working". However, if I first cycle through a rec= ord or two using the navigation buttons, and then use the CompanyFind dropd= own/combo box, it is fine the rest of the time the database is open.=20 Here is the offending code:=20 Private Sub CompanyFind_AfterUpdate()=20 Dim rs As Object=20 If Me.CompanyFind.Column...

Web resources about - Access 2010 Print Ribbon Error: "The expresion you entered has a function that Microsoft Access can't find" - comp.databases.ms-access