Access 2010 Save & Publish crashes Access

I am using a copy of Microsoft Office Professional Plus subscription
version database.  I am running on a  Windows XP sp1 virtual machine
running on a Vista Ultimate host.

1 gb memory assigned to the virtual machine.  Vista has 3 gig total.

Whenever I click on "Save & Publish" Access 2010 crashes.  sometimes I
can see the screen which should come up before the crash and sometimes not.

I have installed sp1.  I have also tried removing Office, re-downloading
it and reinstalling it and updating with sp1.  No joy.

On a dual boot windows xp, using the same install disk for windows xp,
and using the same downloaded Office s/w, I do not encounter the problem.

Anyone seen this before?

Is there anywhere where Access would log information about the crash
that I could use to figure out what is happening?

Bob
0
bobalston9 (397)

"BobAlston"  wrote in message news:j0k9fi$8lb$1@dont-email.me...

>Whenever I click on "Save & Publish" Access 2010 crashes.  sometimes I =
can=20
>see the screen which should come up before the crash and sometimes not.

>I have installed sp1.  I have also tried removing Office, =
re-downloading it=20
>and reinstalling it and updating with sp1.  No joy.

There been some issues with sp1. In my case, doing a de-compile on the=20
application does the trick for me.

I not sure if you can just place a shortcut of msaccess.exe in the =
sendto=20
dir, add the /decompile to the path. In win7, this gives me a right =
click,=20
then send to, then in the list, I see a2010 appear as a option (this =
allows=20
me to decompile any application with great ease - I also have the same =
for=20
2003 (running both 2003 and 2010 on my computer).

So, I thinking first try, a compact  + repair. I would then also do a=20
de-compile. See if that helps.

>Anyone seen this before?

No, not with save + publish option. Perhaps create a blank new accdb,=20
import, and then try again?

a2010 been very stable for me. The first "bout" of problems I seen was=20
installing sp1 and I instant had some applications freezing when =
opening. I=20
de-compiled, and been trouble free since that point in time.

--=20
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Pleasenospam_kallal@msn.com=20

On 7/25/2011 2:14 PM, Albert D. Kallal wrote:
> "BobAlston" wrote in message news:j0k9fi$8lb$1@dont-email.me...
>
>> Whenever I click on "Save & Publish" Access 2010 crashes. sometimes I
>> can see the screen which should come up before the crash and sometimes
>> not.
>
>> I have installed sp1. I have also tried removing Office,
>> re-downloading it and reinstalling it and updating with sp1. No joy.
>
> There been some issues with sp1. In my case, doing a de-compile on the
> application does the trick for me.
>
> I not sure if you can just place a shortcut of msaccess.exe in the
> sendto dir, add the /decompile to the path. In win7, this gives me a
> right click, then send to, then in the list, I see a2010 appear as a
> option (this allows me to decompile any application with great ease - I
> also have the same for 2003 (running both 2003 and 2010 on my computer).
>
> So, I thinking first try, a compact + repair. I would then also do a
> de-compile. See if that helps.
>
>> Anyone seen this before?
>
> No, not with save + publish option. Perhaps create a blank new accdb,
> import, and then try again?
>
> a2010 been very stable for me. The first "bout" of problems I seen was
> installing sp1 and I instant had some applications freezing when
> opening. I de-compiled, and been trouble free since that point in time.

The crash occurs even when I create a new db and one table that is very
simple.

Bob
0
bobalston9 (397)
7/26/2011 2:42:02 AM
On 25/07/2011 20:14:12, "Albert D. Kallal" wrote:
> "BobAlston"  wrote in message news:j0k9fi$8lb$1@dont-email.me...
>
>>Whenever I click on "Save & Publish" Access 2010 crashes.  sometimes I
> can
>>see the screen which should come up before the crash and sometimes not.
>
>>I have installed sp1.  I have also tried removing Office,
> re-downloading it
>>and reinstalling it and updating with sp1.  No joy.
>
> There been some issues with sp1. In my case, doing a de-compile on the
> application does the trick for me.
>
> I not sure if you can just place a shortcut of msaccess.exe in the
> sendto
> dir, add the /decompile to the path. In win7, this gives me a right
> click,
> then send to, then in the list, I see a2010 appear as a option (this
> allows
> me to decompile any application with great ease - I also have the same
> for
> 2003 (running both 2003 and 2010 on my computer).
>
> So, I thinking first try, a compact  + repair. I would then also do a
> de-compile. See if that helps.
>
>>Anyone seen this before?
>
> No, not with save + publish option. Perhaps create a blank new accdb,
> import, and then try again?
>
> a2010 been very stable for me. The first "bout" of problems I seen was
> installing sp1 and I instant had some applications freezing when
> opening. I
> de-compiled, and been trouble free since that point in time.

Had the same trouble on Access 2010 SP1 on Windows 7 with Access crashing. FE
database was originally 23Mb and after trying to open it was only 19Mb, so
obviously a lot of stuff had got lost. So far, after a decompile, it seems OK
Phil
0
phil (1005)
7/26/2011 8:10:29 AM
On 26/07/2011 09:10:30, "Phil" wrote:
> On 25/07/2011 20:14:12, "Albert D. Kallal" wrote:
>> "BobAlston"  wrote in message news:j0k9fi$8lb$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>>>Whenever I click on "Save & Publish" Access 2010 crashes.  sometimes I
>> can
>>>see the screen which should come up before the crash and sometimes not.
>>
>>>I have installed sp1.  I have also tried removing Office,
>> re-downloading it
>>>and reinstalling it and updating with sp1.  No joy.
>>
>> There been some issues with sp1. In my case, doing a de-compile on the
>> application does the trick for me.
>>
>> I not sure if you can just place a shortcut of msaccess.exe in the
>> sendto
>> dir, add the /decompile to the path. In win7, this gives me a right
>> click,
>> then send to, then in the list, I see a2010 appear as a option (this
>> allows
>> me to decompile any application with great ease - I also have the same
>> for
>> 2003 (running both 2003 and 2010 on my computer).
>>
>> So, I thinking first try, a compact  + repair. I would then also do a
>> de-compile. See if that helps.
>>
>>>Anyone seen this before?
>>
>> No, not with save + publish option. Perhaps create a blank new accdb,
>> import, and then try again?
>>
>> a2010 been very stable for me. The first "bout" of problems I seen was
>> installing sp1 and I instant had some applications freezing when
>> opening. I
>> de-compiled, and been trouble free since that point in time.
>>

> Had the same trouble on Access 2010 SP1 on Windows 7 with Access crashing.
> FE database was originally 23Mb and after trying to open it was only 19Mb,
> so obviously a lot of stuff had got lost. So far, after a decompile, it
> seems OK Phil

Ignore my last ramblings. The Db crashes on being opened a second time. There
is a new thread on the subject. Be very careful before installing SP1. In my
limited opinion VERY VERY BAD NEWS Phil
0
phil (1005)
7/26/2011 8:28:46 AM
"BobAlston"  wrote in message news:j0l9ho$jgs$1@dont-email.me...

>> a2010 been very stable for me. The first "bout" of problems I seen =
was
>> installing sp1 and I instant had some applications freezing when
>> opening. I de-compiled, and been trouble free since that point in =
time.

>The crash occurs even when I create a new db and one table that is very =

>simple.
>
>Bob

Hum, I am unable to re-produce this. If I create a blank accdb, with a =
smile=20
table, then I can save-as to 2002/2003, and 2000 format.

I would consider running a "repair" on the office install, since =
something=20
seems not right here.

"Albert D. Kallal"  wrote in message=20

>If I create a blank accdb, with a smile
table.....

Yes, one of those "new" "smile tables! (supposed to say simple table).

On 7/26/2011 6:12 AM, Albert D. Kallal wrote:
> "BobAlston" wrote in message news:j0l9ho$jgs$1@dont-email.me...
>
>>> a2010 been very stable for me. The first "bout" of problems I seen was
>>> installing sp1 and I instant had some applications freezing when
>>> opening. I de-compiled, and been trouble free since that point in time.
>>>
>> The crash occurs even when I create a new db and one table that is
>> very simple.
>>
>> Bob
>
> Hum, I am unable to re-produce this. If I create a blank accdb, with a
> smile table, then I can save-as to 2002/2003, and 2000 format.
>
> I would consider running a "repair" on the office install, since
> something seems not right here.

I tried running a repair to Office.  I also tried removing and
reinstalling Office.

bob
0
bobalston9 (397)
7/26/2011 2:13:06 PM
On 7/26/2011 9:13 AM, BobAlston wrote:

>>> The crash occurs even when I create a new db and one table that is
>>> very simple.
>>>
>>> Bob
>>
>> Hum, I am unable to re-produce this. If I create a blank accdb, with a
>> smile table, then I can save-as to 2002/2003, and 2000 format.
>>
>> I would consider running a "repair" on the office install, since
>> something seems not right here.
>>
> I tried running a repair to Office. I also tried removing and
> reinstalling Office.
>
> bob
Finally resolved by completely reinstalling Windows XP and SP1a, SP3 and
installing Office 2010 Plus subscription.  Now works just fine.

Bob
0
bobalston9 (397)

Nice video on Publishing Access 2010 database to Sharepoint 2010 Access services
http://channel9.msdn.com/learn/courses/Office2010/OfficeServicesUnit/DevelopingWithAccessServices/ Thanks for posting Bob. I'm not sure he enhanced his case by arguing that the problem with Access is when a second user tries to access the same data. Simplified to the point of inaccuracy. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Bob Alston" <bobalston9@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CJVSm.17263$y%5.1718@newsfe03.iad... > http://channel9.msdn.com/learn/courses/Office2010/OfficeServicesUnit/DevelopingWithAccessServices/ ...

Accessing Access

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010
How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access 2010 file format? According to Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the print options only. How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to display? My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5 forms, and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the "Security Warning: Soame active content has been disabled. Click for more details." then there is a button "Enable Content". Before and after I click the "Enable Button" the file tab only has print options available. Thank you for your help, jfcby jfcby <jamesfc30@gmail.com> wrote in news:f4dc9993-afa3-4fed-8180-22786eaa7f83@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.co m: > How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access > 2010 file format? > > According to Microsoft > (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ > convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? > queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is > possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the > print options only. > > How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to > display? ...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Restricting User Access In Access 2010 Sharepoint With Hydrated Database
I am starting to use Access 2010 publishing to Sharepoint to allow users to use hydrated accdw database copies on laptops. They can run the apps disconnected from the internet and when they open the app and are connected to the internet, they can log in and sync both directions. I am using an Office 365 P1 account and will share the database with about 10-12 users in multiple countries. Several questions: 1) I only want the users to utilize the accdw application and not directly use the tables shown in Sharepoint. Is there any Sharepoint restrictions I can implement to restrict the users ability to directly use the tables shown on the Sharepoint web site? 2) I wish the accdw would function more as an MDE where the user cannot change things. I know I can start the database without the object interface being available. I can likely use the same capability to disable the use of the left shift key when opening. a) can I also revise the ribbon to omit the edit and design commands? b) other ways to lock down the accdw to make the user only have the ability to access the data via the application itself and not be able to change the code? 3) I know how to invite users to have access to the Sharepoint site a) Is it better to email the accdw as an attachment rather than introduce the user to the web site and give detailed instructions to download the accdw? It would seem so and also not introducing them to the web interface. b) Is th...

Access 2007 db.accdb modified using Access 2010 can no longer be opened with Access 2007
Hi, A client sent me an Access 2007 db.accdb which I modified using 2010. The client could not open using Access 2007 "Unrecognized database format 'C:\RD\db.accdb". I tried to open using Access 2007 and got the same message. Does anyone have an explanation?? Cheers, Barry "Barry Edmund Wright" <barry.edmund.wright@witstoronto.ca> wrote > Does anyone have an explanation?? Explanation: It's easy to look back and make a version backward compatible because you can see and test with the older version (Access 2010 successfully opens the Access 2007 database) ; it's not nearly so easy to look forward and make a version (in your case Access 2007) forward compatible with whatever may be done in the _next_ version (Access 2007 not opening the database once it's been modified and saved in Access 2010). This is a known issue, discussed many times here in the newsgroup. What we don't know is whether Microsoft _thought_ they'd implemented both backward and forward compatibility in Access 2010. -- Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP Co-Author, Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions, Wiley 2010 "Barry Edmund Wright" wrote in message=20 news:8d50cbbe-0804-40ed-a420-3f13d1da89f3@hs8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...= >Hi, > >A client sent me an Access 2007 db.accdb which I modified using 2010. >The client could not open using Access 2007 "Unrecognized database >format 'C:\...

Accessing webservice from access
Hi Is it possible to call a web service that returns a dataset, from access? Could I please have an example of how to call such a service from access? Thanks Regards "John" <john@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:40d73cf3$0$287$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Hi > > Is it possible to call a web service that returns a dataset, from access? > Could I please have an example of how to call such a service from access? > > Thanks > > Regards I don't know if there's an easier way but you can use the MSXML object. I suggest you do...

Accessing Notes from Access
Hello All, We have been charged with extracting some information from a notes database, into access or excel. We don't own any lotus products at all. We've tried installing NotesSQL odbc driver, which appears to install just fine, but it doesn't add any odbc driver to the listing, and when I run the admin tool it tells me that we don't have any appropriate version of notes on the machine. The system prereq stated we needed one of the lotus apps. So, I assume that we won't have access to the notessql driver unless we get a copy of notes or domino. The...

ACCESS accessibility from a C++ process launched from an ACCESS form
Here is my problem. From an ACCESS form, I run a C++ process reaching the same database in read/write mode via the ODBC driver. An error occurs: " The database has been placed by an unknown user in a state preventing it from being opened either locked. SQLSetConnectAttr failure of the pilot " (Nota : translated approximatively from the french error message). However, if I have used an another form before (eg. to modify a table), or if I have modified myself a record of any table, there is no problem. It seems that the database is in a state " read-only " by default until th...

Spawning Access from Access
Hello, Is it possible to spawn an Access program from another Access program with out going to a batch file or something? I would like to have an Access main menu and bring up a different front end Access program depending on the menu selection. I'm using Access 2000. Thanks, Hank Reed On 27 Dec 2004 05:26:34 -0800, "Hank" <hankrunner@aol.com> wrote: Sure. You can use Automation like this: dim o as new Access.Application o.visible=true o.OpenCurrentDatabase "c:\two.mdb", False -Tom. >Hello, >Is it possible to spawn an Access program from another Acc...

Web resources about - Access 2010 Save & Publish crashes Access - comp.databases.ms-access

Publish and Subscribe (Mac OS) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it extended the existing cut and paste editing model with a notification system; "subscribers" could include parts of "published" documents within ...

Mac OS X Users Can Publish To Facebook Directly From Desktops With Moment App
Mac users running OS X now have a way to publish to Facebook directly from their desktops with Tapmates ’ release of its Moment application. ...

Report: Facebook Personal Profiles To Soon Get Twitter Publish Feature
The latest part to Facebook’s open strategy is about to arrive, according to TechCrunch: Users will be able to post to Twitter from their Facebook ...

Quick Publish for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Quick Publish on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

BandPage Announces BandPage Everywhere: Update Once, Publish Everywhere - YouTube
When we built BandPage on Facebook, a lot of you asked if you could "take it with you" to your Website and blog. So we created BandPage Everywhere ...

Hockey wrong: ATO did publish tax dodgers' names
The Tax Commissioner says publishing taxpayers' personal details would be &quot;unprecedented&quot;, the treasurer says &quot;confidentiality ...

'Publish or perish' diminishing scientific returns
Australia's research output is being hampered by a "creative recession" that is independent of funding cuts.

Woman's Day to publish pregnant Duchess of Cambridge photos
... can reveal that Woman's Day will run the controversial shots in Monday's edition. The Italian gossip magazine Chi has already published the ...

Undercover journalists publish firsthand account of asylum seeker journey to Australia
An undercover journalist has detailed how he and a photographer posed as asylum seekers and took an epic journey from Afghanistan's shady currency ...

WikiLeaks' Julian Assange wants to publish drone attack info
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says the whistleblowing group hasn't published anything to assist the Islamic State group (IS) but he would ...