Access 2013 (15.0.4615) - Doesn't print Checkboxes on reports

I have a report that runs fine on multiple machines through the organizatio=
n (15 computers maybe run this program) and only ONE has come up with any p=
roblem.

I have a report that looks like=20

Section    Number     Description                Price   Include
   A00       00       Base Section              $ 5,000    [V]
   A02       00       Bogus Test Section        $   300    [ ]
   A03       00       Last Section              $ 1,250    [V]

This is a poor representation, but out to the right, the [V] and [ ] are SU=
PPOSED to represent checkboxes.. however when they print I get NOTHING.  I'=
ve tried all sorts of things, including putting text/lines, etc to the righ=
t of the checkbox, and everything displayed above, next to, and all around =
the check box, but unfortunately I got something like this
                                               xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   zzz       zz        test test           xxxxx               xxxxxx
                                               xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with text on all sides of the checkbox on the report.  I'm thinking it's ma=
ybe a printer driver problem, but I tried switching to different printer, b=
ut no go. It just doesn't want to print check boxes!!!

Anyone have any ideas on this?  Why can't my questions be something easy??

Thanks in advance!

-Brian P.
0
BrianDP

I apologize, the user is running Access 2013, and is also running that OS people are just SCREAMING about...  Windows 8.  I don't run Access 2013 anywhere else so I don't even have a test bed that re-produces the missing checkboxes!!

-Brian
0
BrianDP
5/29/2014 8:27:05 PM
On 29/05/2014 21:27:04, BrianDP wrote:
> I apologize, the user is running Access 2013, and is also running that OS
> people are just SCREAMING about... Windows 8. I don't run Access 2013
> anywhere else so I don't even have a test bed that re-produces the missing
> checkboxes!!
>
> -Brian

I rarely use check boxes prefering to print somthile "Include" or "Don't
Include". I have no problem with a checkbox printing anyway.

Plan B: Add a Text box Font Windings (Play round with the size position and
Bold to get the desired effect). BorderStyle Transparent The ControlSource
should be something like =IIf([Include]=True,Chr$(254),Chr$(168)). This will
give a ticked box if Include is True and an empty box if Include is False.
Alternatively use Chr$(253) for a Crossed Box

Phil

---

Phil
5/29/2014 10:23:56 PM
On 29/05/2014 23:24:00, "Phil" wrote:
> On 29/05/2014 21:27:04, BrianDP wrote:
>> I apologize, the user is running Access 2013, and is also running that OS
>> people are just SCREAMING about... Windows 8. I don't run Access 2013
>> anywhere else so I don't even have a test bed that re-produces the missing
>> checkboxes!!
>>
>> -Brian
>>

> I rarely use check boxes prefering to print somthile "Include" or "Don't
> Include". I have no problem with a checkbox printing anyway.
>
> Plan B: Add a Text box Font Windings (Play round with the size position
> and Bold to get the desired effect). BorderStyle Transparent The
> ControlSource should be something like
> =IIf([Include]=True,Chr$(254),Chr$(168)). This will give a ticked box if
> Include is True and an empty box if Include is False. Alternatively use
> Chr$(253) for a Crossed Box
>
> Phil

Been sleeping on it (Badly).
Is there anything odd about the set up of the default printer on the computer
that is giving the problem. E.G. Is the print somehow set to Courier on the
printer. Try a word document using the Wingding Character set.
On the Page Setup for your report is the "Printer for formatted fields" Set
to "Default Printer"?

Phil

---

Phil
5/30/2014 7:20:17 AM
On Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:27:05 PM UTC-5, BrianDP wrote:
> I apologize, the user is running Access 2013, and is also running that OS people are just SCREAMING about... Windows 8. I don't run Access 2013 anywhere else so I don't even have a test bed that re-produces the missing checkboxes!! -Brian

You've received some responses that may help.  I am curious what output you get if sent to the screen.  Is it correct there?
0
Patrick
5/30/2014 1:06:58 PM
Yes, on that machine that doesn't print it, the preview has the checkboxes.  It's just when it gets sent to the printer the boxes/check boxes disappear.

As for Phil's question about the Printer for formatted fields.. I cannot find that setting anywhere on my page setup box(s).

I'm at the end of my rope on this one!

-Brian

On Friday, May 30, 2014 9:06:58 AM UTC-4, Patrick Finucane wrote:
> On Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:27:05 PM UTC-5, BrianDP wrote:
>
> > I apologize, the user is running Access 2013, and is also running that OS people are just SCREAMING about... Windows 8. I don't run Access 2013 anywhere else so I don't even have a test bed that re-produces the missing checkboxes!! -Brian
>

> You've received some responses that may help.  I am curious what output you get if sent to the screen.  Is it correct there?

0
BrianDP
5/30/2014 6:04:01 PM
On Friday, May 30, 2014 1:04:01 PM UTC-5, BrianDP wrote:
> Yes, on that machine that doesn't print it, the preview has the checkboxe=
s. It's just when it gets sent to the printer the boxes/check boxes disappe=
ar.=20

Someone wrote about6 a similar prob.  "Make sure your print settings are no=
t set to "Draft" or "Low Quality". Check boxes will not print at those sett=
ings...Or at least that has been my experience."  http://www.access-program=
mers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3D238168.  My printer options are Standa=
rd and TonerSaver.  I assume TonerSaver is like Draft.  It'd be funny if th=
e user, to save a buck, caused you hours of fits.
0
Patrick
5/30/2014 7:36:55 PM
On 30/05/2014 20:36:57, Patrick Finucane wrote:
> On Friday, May 30, 2014 1:04:01 PM UTC-5, BrianDP wrote:
>> Yes, on that machine that doesn't print it, the preview has the checkboxe
> s. It's just when it gets sent to the printer the boxes/check boxes
> disappe ar.
>
> Someone wrote about6 a similar prob. "Make sure your print settings are no
> t set to "Draft" or "Low Quality". Check boxes will not print at those
> sett ings...Or at least that has been my experience."
> http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=238168. My
> printer options are Standa rd and TonerSaver. I assume TonerSaver is like
> Draft. It'd be funny if th e user, to save a buck, caused you hours of
> fits.

Yes I agree with Patrick. It has to be something to do with the Printer or
printer settings. Nothing to do with Access.

So when you refer to " I cannot find that setting anywhere on my page setup
box(s). " are you refering to Access, or Printer properties in the Devices &
Printers in the Start Menu?

Has your client a different printer with which you could experiment?

Phil

---

Phil
5/30/2014 7:58:06 PM
On Friday, May 30, 2014 2:58:06 PM UTC-5, Phil wrote:
> On 30/05/2014 20:36:57, Patrick Finucane wrote:
>
> > On Friday, May 30, 2014 1:04:01 PM UTC-5, BrianDP wrote:
>
> >> Yes, on that machine that doesn't print it, the preview has the checkboxe
>
> > s. It's just when it gets sent to the printer the boxes/check boxes
>
> > disappe ar.
>

> > Someone wrote about6 a similar prob. "Make sure your print settings are no
>
> > t set to "Draft" or "Low Quality". Check boxes will not print at those
>
> > sett ings...Or at least that has been my experience."
>
> > http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=238168. My
>
> > printer options are Standa rd and TonerSaver. I assume TonerSaver is like
>
> > Draft. It'd be funny if th e user, to save a buck, caused you hours of
>
> > fits.
>

> Yes I agree with Patrick. It has to be something to do with the Printer or
>
> printer settings. Nothing to do with Access.
>

> So when you refer to " I cannot find that setting anywhere on my page setup
>
> box(s). " are you refering to Access, or Printer properties in the Devices &
>
> Printers in the Start Menu?
>

> Has your client a different printer with which you could experiment?
>

> Phil
>

> ---

To assist the OP...
I forgot to mention I went into the control Panel for printer devices to find my settings.  Can't remember the tab...probably General
0
Patrick

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide...

multiple users' simultaneous access to a MS Access database
When my end user clicks on the icon for her MS Access database (the icon is on her Novell NAL menu) she is successful in opening the database. However, when another staff member is using the database she receives the message that someone is using it and she cannot access it at that time. Any suggestions as to what I need to do to resolve this? I guess it would be a fix to allow multiple users simultaneous access to a MS Access database? Thanks in advance, Zuf Per zufie: >When my end user clicks on the icon for her MS Access database (the >icon is on her Novell NAL menu...

Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so many examples - none of which seem to work for me. I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll). My current code is : Dim Report As New crPrintPreview Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable Private Sub Form_Load() Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1) varpath = CurDir crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb" CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report CRViewer1.ViewReport End Sub All I receive is the message "Error o...

HXTT Access v1.0 Released for MS Access database
HXTT Access provides a type 4 JDBC driver for Table, System Table, View(Query), and Linked Table of Microsoft Access (MS Access) version from 2.0, 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2002, to 2003. It supports JDBC1.2, JDBC2.0, and JDBC3.0. It supports Personal Java, JDK1.0.X, JDK1.1.X, JDK1.2.X, JDK1.3.X, JDK1.4.X and JDK1.5.X. It supports JBuilder's Database Pilot, Oracle's JVM, JDeveloper 10G, Dreamweaver UltraDev, Dreamweaver ColdFusion, ObJectRelationalBridge, DBVisualizer, Sunopsis, MySQL Migration Toolkit, Tomcat, vqServer, Hibernate, SQuirreL SQL Client, and DbEdit Database Utilites fo...

Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so many examples - none of which seem to work for me. I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll). My current code is : Dim Report As New crPrintPreview Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable Private Sub Form_Load() Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1) varpath = CurDir crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb" CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report CRViewer1.ViewReport End Sub All I receive is the message "Error o...

Can't access Yahoo games via proxy and can't access Pop3 mail
Hi... I have two Pc's. One connects directly to the internet while the other PC connects to the one with internet connection. I'm sharing the internet connection via proxy using Wingate. MY question is, how come the other PC can't access Yahoo games ? Is it because of the Java applet ? It states something like firewall and a few other reasons which i can't remember...anyone knows ? And another thing, i can't access my Pop3 mail and Smtp mail server via proxy connection...again...i'm using Wingate. Pls advise. Thanks. Rgds, Kevin ...

Can't access Yahoo games via proxy and can't access Pop3 mail
Hi... I have two Pc's. One connects directly to the internet while the other PC connects to the one with internet connection. I'm sharing the internet connection via proxy using Wingate. MY question is, how come the other PC can't access Yahoo games ? Is it because of the Java applet ? It states something like firewall and a few other reasons which i can't remember...anyone knows ? And another thing, i can't access my Pop3 mail and Smtp mail server via proxy connection...again...i'm using Wingate. Pls advise. Thanks. Rgds, Kevin ...

"You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" (Access 2003)
Hi, All of a sudden one of our clients can't use her application. She gets "You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" when trying to open our application. The only thing she did today, according to her, was to download and install an Avery label wizard. She has rebooted and there are no other versions of Access running. The shortcut that launches the application does point to a version of Access (2003) because the installation wizard found an existing version on her PC. I believe it points to Office 11. Any ideas? -paulw Nevermind. She uninstal...

Using Access to 'access' an sql database on a webserver
Is this possible? I know about a bit about ODBC and found how to import an ODBC database stored on the computer, however I am after accessing an SQL database stored on a webserver. I'd like to keep it up to date, but that could probably be done with a macro. At the moment I'm just considoring possible options, so just need to know if it can be done, how easy and a rough idea of how. Any help would be much appreciated! Flic On 6 Oct 2006 03:59:25 -0700, "Flic" <FelicityP@gmail.com> wrote: I typically create an ADP, then connect to such db specifying the IP address...

Access Security
Hello, What is the best way (if it can be done) to Access a Microsoft Access 2002 database using VB? I can connect to one no problem until I set up security and have a workgroup file. I can't find any kind of connection that lets you change which workgroup information to use. At the moment I get kicked out because I am an unknown user (which is true in the default system.mdw file...). Anyone got any ideas? TIA, Neil. ...

Can't Add "Mode" to Quick Access Toolbar in MS-Access 2007
I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode at all. I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? On Jun 19, 10:10=A0am, Heather <mywor...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also > have no butto...

Access 2003 reports won't preview or print with Vista
Hi, We have a new client who says he can not preview or print an Access 2003 report on his Vista machine. They print on his XP machine. He says the screen just flashes. Other users using Vista have no problem previewing or printing our reports. Any ideas? -paulw "PW" <paulremove_williamson858@removehotmail.com> wrote in message news:4ci1q3d7m88set84rdpmspmlhkp24gfdpq@4ax.com... > Hi, > > We have a new client who says he can not preview or print an Access > 2003 report on his Vista machine. They print on his XP machine. He > says the screen just flashes...

Access 2010 Print Ribbon Error: "The expresion you entered has a function that Microsoft Access can't find"
Hi, That happens when I click on the Excel, Word, Text, HTML Document, Email buttons in the print ribbon while a report is in preview mode. It is only happening with a new application that I wrote, but not with another application (works great). References are identical. What did I miss? Thanks, -paulw On Fri, 09 Nov 2012 11:24:39 -0700, PW <emailaddyinsig@ifIremember.com> wrote: >Hi, > >That happens when I click on the Excel, Word, Text, HTML Document, >Email buttons in the print ribbon while a report is in preview mode. > >It is only happ...

Web resources about - Access 2013 (15.0.4615) - Doesn't print Checkboxes on reports - comp.databases.ms-access