Access 97 to Access 2003 - conversion problem

My client has an Access 97 app which contains details (fields) some in
English and some in Arabic.

On opening the database with Access 2003 (which it offers to convert &
I accept), the data in the tables in English is fine ... but the
fields containing Arabic are filled with some garbage & spurious
characters.

I've encountered this with 2 different clients with the same problem !

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to provide a workaround ?

And .. oh yes !!  Both, the Access 97 & Access 2003 versions were
Arabic enabled.

Best Rgds,
Prakash.

If you create a blank A2003 database and import the tables from A97 do
you see the same problems?  What about linking from A2003 to A97?

Just trying to get an idea of the scope - convert can sometimes make
assumptions that import or link won't.

Good luck,

Tim

On Jun 10, 4:58=A0am, prakashwadhw...@gmail.com wrote:
> My client has an Access 97 app which contains details (fields) some in
> English and some in Arabic.
>
> On opening the database with Access 2003 (which it offers to convert &
> I accept), the data in the tables in English is fine ... but the
> fields containing Arabic are filled with some garbage & spurious
> characters.
>
> I've encountered this with 2 different clients with the same problem !
>
> Does anyone know what the problem is and how to provide a workaround ?
>
> And .. oh yes !! =A0Both, the Access 97 & Access 2003 versions were
> Arabic enabled.
>
> Best Rgds,
> Prakash.

problem accessing access 97 database through odbc on windows 2003 sp1
Hello, We have a legacy application which relies on an Access 97 database (upgrading is nog an option atm). As we are setting up a new server (Windows 2003), we started experiencing problems running that application after installing all required updates (Windows, Office, ..) It did work before updating, with a basic OS + application installation. Somewhere an update dit break things, but we do not know which one. Now for the problem. When starting the application, following error is returned: --------------------------- ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed ---------------------------...

Access 97 or Access 2003
Hi everybody I want to use an Access database in a Visual Basic 6 program. Question: -Should I use Access 97 or Access 2003? Thank's On Wed, 11 May 2005 11:28:20 -0400, "Sylmena" <sylmena1@hotmail.com> wrote: > I want to use an Access database in a Visual Basic 6 program. > >Question: >-Should I use Access 97 or Access 2003? If you use MS Access '97, more people will be able to access your data. Access '97 doesn't use Unicode - a space/speed advantage if you are not storing Russian or a language other than English. I can't think ...

Access 97 to Access 2003
Am about to upgrade several machines running access 97 to new boxes with access 2003. Got a massive access front end DB with a SQL back end. Guess I will have to "upgrade" that '97 front. Anyone have any advice or things to watch out for? Any VBA hasles? Horror stories?? Hope it goes seamlessly... Got enough headaches. Hi Tom. This link contains our experience with upgrading Access. It does not address the SQL Server aspects, but does describe Setup, Conversion, and Usability issues: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://members.iinet.net.au...

Accessing Access

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Use Access 97 or Access 2003
I have an Access 97 runtime database in use with over 300 users scattered around the country. I'm planing on an upgrade to the front end in the next 2-3 months. I'd like to use Access 2003 and upgrade all users to Access runtime 2003 especially because of XML support which would be *very* useful in my app. However, many of my users are *not* on Win XP and I understand that my app in A2003 runtime won't run on less than Win XP. So, am I stuck with Access 97 while I wait for all users to upgrade to XP or later before I port Access 2003? - Mark "Mark G. King" <markgk...

How to copy form: Access 2003 to Access 97
Hi all, I have converted a database from Access 2003 to Access 97. Everything gets neatly imported into the new database except for one form which continues to show a fatal error when I try to open it in the new 97 database: "Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. For more information about this error, click here ___." This is a form that I am using as a sub-form on a parent form. The parent form is imported okay but no matter how m...

Differences between Access 97 and Access 2000/2003
Hi All, Our company is migrating from Windows NT to XP and in the process from Access 97 to Access 2003. Due to the phased rollout we are faced with a situation where some users are still on NT while others have been fully upgraded, but all users need to use the same Access databases. At first we tried just opening the Access 97 databases with XP but we were worried that some of the less computer-literate employees may click "yes" on the "Do you want to convert this database to the latest version" prompt. The solution we have come up with is to create an exact duplicate of...

VB6 ACCESS 97 -> ACCESS 2003
I have a VB6 program that uses standard ADO 2.5 connection to read and write to an Access 97 database on a Windows 98 machine. The same program is run by a number of other people who use Windows 98 or 2000 machines. They all connect to a their local copy of the DB with no problems. Occasionally, this database is opened in Access 97 (we all currently use 97) in order to make some manual tweaks here and there. But ,I am about to get a new XP machine with Access 2003. Q1. Will my VB6 program still work? Q2. Will I be able to open the DB in Access 2003 without upsetting my VB program? Q3. Assuming that Q1 and Q2 are not a problem, can I easily ship the compiled application the uses described above, bearing in mind that their OS and lesser version of Access? I assume that they won't be able to load the database in Access 97 after I've been forced to convert it to 2003, but will the VB application work using the standard ADO 2.5 connection? "Ian Barnes" <ian.p.barnes@talk21.com> wrote in message news:d9aabt$d7r$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com... >I have a VB6 program that uses standard ADO 2.5 connection to read and write to >an Access 97 database on a Windows 98 machine. The same program is run by a >number of other people who use Windows 98 or 2000 machines. They all connect to >a their local copy of the DB with no problems. Occasionally, this database is >opened in Access 97 (we all currently use 97) in order to...

Problem with converting Access 97 to Access 2000
We're trying to convert the last Access 97 database in our department to Access 2000. The database is secured, and the problem is that the database owner hasn't worked for the department for years. So his account has been gone for a while, and the database no longer has an actual owner. We have a couple of administrative accounts, and they've been able to do what was needed to this point, but there are two tables over which we can't seem to get administrative rights: MsysModules MsysModules2 Because we can't seem to get administrative rights to these two tables, we can&...

access 97 to access 2003: query builder question
hi- this function IDSpecialCases works great in access 97 in the query builder but why doesn't it work in access 2003? would does anyone have any wild guesses? is it a problem with the dao reference? error message: undefined function 'IDSpecialCases' in expression. (Undefined function <name> in expression. (Error 3085) You entered an SQL expression that includes a Function procedure name that cannot be recognized. Make sure the function exists, that it can be used in SQL expressions, or check the expression to make sure you entered the name correctly.) OD Analysis: IIf(ID...

Does MS Access db have problems with multiple users access it at once?
I am developing an Access db which will be used by multiple users. My questions are: Does MS Access have problems with multiple users accessing the db at once? If yes, what is your solution to this problem? I was informed that Access is not a good application for multiple users accessing it at once. Thank you for your assistance to this issue of mine. Will the users just be reading, or will multiple users be writing at the same time? I've seen data corruption in older (Access '97) databases with large numbers of users reading and writing. I haven't seen any corruption where...

Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010
How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access 2010 file format? According to Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the print options only. How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to display? My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5 forms, and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the "Security Warning: Soame active content has been disabled. Click for more details." then there is a button "Enable Content". Before and after I click the "Enable Button" the file tab only has print options available. Thank you for your help, jfcby jfcby <jamesfc30@gmail.com> wrote in news:f4dc9993-afa3-4fed-8180-22786eaa7f83@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.co m: > How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access > 2010 file format? > > According to Microsoft > (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ > convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? > queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is > possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the > print options only. > > How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to > display? ...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Access 2003/Access 2007
I have a mde database file developed for a client. This was originally set up and run in Access 2003. Everything worked fine. Recently this client purchased several new computers. These computers came with Access 2007. Now whenever an Access 2007 user opens the database, it locks the database for all other users. I have checked all the Access settings I know to check. These new machines are also running Windows 7. I am not sure if this is enough information or if anyone has seen this behavior and may have some suggestions. Any help is appreciated. Hello, open the options ...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Web resources about - Access 97 to Access 2003 - conversion problem - comp.databases.ms-access

Conversion (law) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Its criminal counterpart is theft . Examples are seen in cases where trees are cut down and the lumber hauled from the land by someone not having ...

Personalized Notifications Can Increase Conversion Up to 300%
... to avoid sending generic push notifications to every user. By sending personalized notifications instead, companies can see their conversion ...

Ex-gay conversion therapy challenged in federal consumer fraud lawsuit
... a federal consumer fraud complaint with the Federal Trade Commission against People Can Change, an organization that practices ex-gay conversion ...

10 Copywriting Tips You Can Use Right Now To Boost Conversion Rates
Writing great content is quite possibly the quickest and most cost-effective way to increase your conversion rates. Great content creates engagement ...

Hail Caesar! The 'other' Roman Centurion conversion movie is a bizarre, self-satisfied mess
Martin Saunders went to see 'Hail Caesar!', and found the whole thing incredibly disappointing.

First Solar Achieves New Conversion Efficiency World Record For CdTe Solar PV Cells
Originally published on Sustainnovate. By Henry Lindon A new conversion efficiency world record for cadmium-telluride solar photovoltaic cells ...

A Response To Jonah Goldberg On His Mistaken Claim Of My Trumpine Conversion
I prefer an economic-growth solution to middle-class angst, not a protectionist program.

What Is the Difference Between the Conversion and Recharacterization of an IRA?
... there are certain rules and tax implications you need to know about. Photo: www.TaxCredits.net . When it comes to IRAs, the terms "conversion" ...

Pay At The Pump Mobile App Could Eliminate Need For Costly EMV Conversions At Gas Stations
Gas stations and convenience stores have until Oct. 1, 2017 to replace mag swipe card readers with EMV or face the liability for fraud. A Finnish ...

TODD STARNES: Students told to write essay on their conversion to Islam
TODD STARNES: Students told to write essay on their conversion to Islam