Access 97, W2K, "can't open the mail session"

The problem I have is with my application using MS access 97 runtime
and running on W2k.
The sendobject method returns error 2287 "can't open the mail session".
I've seen lots of posts on this subject but so far only two suggested
solutions.
One suggests missing lines in WIN.INI
The other MS KB article Q283173 which references the symptom and
suggests deleting a registry key.
The application runs on ME properly, but on W2k shows this symptom.

Problem is, my W2K - WIN.INI has the full complent of lines, as
follows,

[Mail]
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=MAPI32.DLL
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1

and the registry entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Offiice\8.0\Common\MapiDLL

doesn't exist so I can't delete it.
I don't have (or want to have) Office 2000 or Outlook, and Outlook
Express is running fine. I want the application to use the default mail
client, whatever that's set up to be.

Does anyone know of any other ideas or is this a case of Access 97 just
won't do it on W2K.

0
rfflower (1)

Error Message: "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session"
I am getting the following error when I am trying to send a report as an email attachment "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session" On the knowledge base on the MS site it says that this will happen if you have installed Access 97 after installing MS Office 2000. However I haven't installed Access 97 on this machine. I am not using code for this, I am using the Mail as Attachment option from the file menu. Can anyone help me with this. TIA Stephen, Try opening the mail program before clicking on the "Mail as Attachment". I seem to remember this error having something to do with what is your default mail program. If you have Outlook listed as your default mail program you may need to change it to Outlook Express. Regards. "Stephen" <steph_mw@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3fb7fe31@news.comindico.com.au... > I am getting the following error when I am trying to send a report as an > email attachment > > "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session" > > On the knowledge base on the MS site it says that this will happen if you > have installed Access 97 after installing MS Office 2000. However I haven't > installed Access 97 on this machine. > > I am not using code for this, I am using the Mail as Attachment option from > the file menu. > > Can anyone help me with this. > > TIA > > --- This email from Barry Wright has been scanned using AVG 6.0 and...

Can't Add "Mode" to Quick Access Toolbar in MS-Access 2007
I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode at all. I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? On Jun 19, 10:10=A0am, Heather <mywor...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also > have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into > other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to > search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode > at all. > > I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I > can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? I still don't get it, but this appears to only be the case when I'm using a database that was created in an earlier version of Access. When I start a new 2007 database, I have full functionality. ...

"You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" (Access 2003)
Hi, All of a sudden one of our clients can't use her application. She gets "You don't have exclusive access to your database at this time" when trying to open our application. The only thing she did today, according to her, was to download and install an Avery label wizard. She has rebooted and there are no other versions of Access running. The shortcut that launches the application does point to a version of Access (2003) because the installation wizard found an existing version on her PC. I believe it points to Office 11. Any ideas? -paulw Nevermind. She uninstalled the Avery Label Wizard and the problem went away! -paulw ...

Access 2010 Print Ribbon Error: "The expresion you entered has a function that Microsoft Access can't find"

How can I find all instances of "tblCFClientChanges" in an Access 97 database?
Mainly, I want to search the saved queries. I don't want to replace them. I just want to find them. MLH wrote: > Mainly, I want to search the saved queries. > I don't want to replace them. I just want to find them. Read this: http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/products.htm MLH wrote: > Mainly, I want to search the saved queries. > I don't want to replace them. I just want to find them. Read this: http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/products.htm failing that, you could loop through the SQL property of all your queries and use InStr and Replace and all that, bu...

"Can't find the wizard" error in Access
Hi, Does anyone have any suggestions for this error... Everything on my db was working fine (famous last words, I know). And all of a sudden yesterday I started having an error regarding Wizards. It happens a couple of times. First, when I attempted to use an add-in I have called Find and Replace, I got an error message with the red 'X' saying "can't find the wizard, or the wizard has not been installed, or there is a syntax error in the Declarations section of a Visual Basic module". It goes on to say something about the libraries key in my windows registry, and more. I thought it was an error with the add-in, but then I got an error while editing a form and attempting to click on the ellipsis (...) on a control's field name. This gave me a similar error, saying "can't start the wizard, builder, or add-in". I haven't done anything out of the ordinary, and everything was working fine just the other day. It compiles cleanly (didn't at first, but after a few tweaks, now does). I have the most recent version of Jet sql. (these are two things mentioned in various forums). If I go back to various older versions of my db, it still happens, so I'm wondering if it's a problem with my Access rather than with my database. Any suggestions? This is baffling me, and I hope it isn't too bad of a scenario. Thanks, Lori Try doing a /DECOMPILE on it before recompiling /REPAIR /COMPACT is never out of the way either P...

xclock fail with "Error: Can't open display:" on "ssh -X"
I can ssh -X to a RHEL4 linux and a HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer from a FC6 linux computer. I can run xclock or xterm on the RHEL4 linux computer. However, running xclock or xterm on the HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer has these errors: bash-3.2# xclock Error: Can't open display: Error: Couldn't find per display information bash-3.2# xterm xterm Xt error: Can't open display: %s bash-3.2# sshd -version sshd: illegal option -- v OpenSSH_4.5p1+sftpfilecontrol-v1.1-hpn12v14, OpenSSL 0.9.7l 28 Sep 2006 HP-UX Secure Shell-A.04.50.021, HP-UX Secure Shell version Using "ssh -Y"...

xclock fail with "Error: Can't open display" on "ssh -X"
I can ssh -X to a RHEL4 linux and a HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer from a FC6 linux computer. I can run xclock or xterm on the RHEL4 linux computer. However, running xclock or xterm on the HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer has these errors: bash-3.2# xclock Error: Can't open display: Error: Couldn't find per display information bash-3.2# xterm xterm Xt error: Can't open display: %s bash-3.2# sshd -version sshd: illegal option -- v OpenSSH_4.5p1+sftpfilecontrol-v1.1-hpn12v14, OpenSSL 0.9.7l 28 Sep 2006 HP-UX Secure Shell-A.04.50.021, HP-UX Secure Shell version Using "ssh -Y" to login to the RHEL4 and HPUX computer get the same result. Please help so that I can run xclock or xterm on the HPUX computer. On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:34:57 -0800 (PST), TsanChung wrote: > I can ssh -X to a RHEL4 linux and a HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer > from a FC6 linux computer. > I can run > xclock or xterm > on the RHEL4 linux computer. > However, running > xclock or xterm > on the HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer has these errors: might try xhost +localhost ssh RHEL4.ip.here You may want to verify your hupx login script(s) does not hard code $DISPLAY On Jan 5, 9:01=A0pm, Bit Twister <BitTwis...@mouse-potato.com> wrote: > On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:34:57 -0800 (PST), TsanChung wrote: > > I can ssh -X to a RHEL4 linux and a HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer > > from a FC6 linux computer. > > I can run > > xclock or xterm &...

Re: Can't locate object method "OPEN" via package "Tk::Event::IO"
I answered my own question. I needed to undefine the callback near the close of the filehandle. eg close $fh; $mw->fileevent( $fh, 'readable', '' ); ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Harsch" <harsch1@llnl.gov> To: "PTK" <ptk@lists.stanford.edu> Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 5:48 PM Subject: Can't locate object method "OPEN" via package "Tk::Event::IO" > I'm trying to set up a basic queue of processes to run. Here is an example > where I create 4 sleep jobs, submit NUM_PROCS...

How can I make Access 97 "see" tables in a remote database after creating those tables with a query???
I used the following SQL to create a new table in a database on a remote MySQL server by copying one already there. I know the table exists SOMEWHERE in cyberspace. I can read its data, write to it, delete from it. But I cannot see it. The only way I know it exists is by running this SQL from Access 97 pass through query: SELECT ALL new_tbl.name FROM new_tbl The database resides on a MySQL server that was created with a single table (named test) in it for testing purposes. I ran the following SQL to create another copy of the table in the same database named: new_tbl CREATE TABLE new_tbl S...

Windows user can't access some files burned using Toast with "Mac & PC" option
I burned a CD for my dad using Toast 6.0.1 and the Data/Mac & PC option on my iBook G4 running OS X 10.3.8. When my dad tries to use the CD in his Windows XP box, he sees only truncated names of files that had long names (very long...more than 32 characters for sure, but less than 70 characters) and can't seem to get Windows to do anything with those files. He's tried using Windows Explorer and command line stuff, but nothing works. The files just aren't recognized. He doesn't know anything about Macs and I don't know enough about PCs to diagnose the problem over the ph...

Postmasters
For some months, a cyberciminal or cybercriminals unknown have been conducting stock market share price manipulation scams by sending out spam forged to look like it comes from me. Each time this happens, I get a few hundred mails from mailer daemons whose postmasters don't realise that their system is actually behaving to a greater or lesser extent like an open relay. First and foremost, they are assuming that the mail's sender field is valid, and either originating mail of their own or forwarding the spam to it. In today's world, this is no longer a prudent assumption to make....

Strawman: Is MS Access a "database"?
I would argue that it is not. JET is a desktop DB engine. Sybase is a database Oracle is a database DB2 is a database. VB 6 is a front-end development tool. PowerBuilder is a front-end development tool. MS Access is a front end devlopment tool. --------------------------------------- What's got me going on this is that I keep hearing statements like "What! you're running a mission-critical application out of an Access database?" Or the latest, to the effect of, "Well, sure the app has been working a-ok for the past five years, but would you want people reading in th...

renaming "Exit Access" command to "Exit" in Access 2007

Forget "Why Can't Johnny Read?" ... Why Can't Eudora Read?
I have a script which writes a MIME-formatted email containing both text and HTML. It works perfectly with all email clients with the exception of the free version of Eudora. As many of you no doubt are aware, a multipart/alternative email is constructed with two or more parts: (1) text for mail clients unable to read HTML and (2) HTML. Eudora is one of the clients which cannot read HTML. So does it read the text version of the multipart/alternative email? Of course not. It tries to read the 2nd part which is the HTML and fails ... thus displaying a table as if it were text. Eudora liter...

Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000". Can't be "read".
Yesterday, ALL code in python work and nothing when I close(finish) a code. Today, when I close, some raise this windows error : Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000". Can't be "read". Click on "OK" to exit program. Why this error, today and not before today? Askari Askari wrote: > Yesterday, ALL code in python work and nothing when I close(finish) a code. > Today, when I close, some raise this windows error : > > Instruction at "0x00FC3D70" use memory address "0x00000000". Can't be &...

Can't "mk CONF=9pcdisk" --> gives error "rc: #d/0: token '=': syntax error"
I'm in /sys/src/9/pc and I type `mk CONF=9pcdisk` and rc gives me the error "rc: #d/0: token '=': syntax error". Why is this? Just doing mk works fine (I think). Thanks! Plan9 looks very cool... just finished reading through intro (all of it). you're using backquotes, why? that would be `{mk CONF=3D9pcdisk} in rc's syntax. now to compile that kernel the syntax is: % mk 'CONF=3Dpcdisk' now are you sure you want a pcdisk?=20 On Jul 19, 2012, at 6:07 AM, kalaracey@gmail.com wrote: > I'm in /sys/src/9/pc and I type >=20 ...

Why can't "define" double as "set!"?
hi Is there any good reason that "define" shouldn't double as "set!"? dillogimp@gmail.com wrote: > Is there any good reason that "define" shouldn't double as "set!"? Yes: DEFINE defines variables, SET! changes the values of (defined) variables: (set! x 1) => wrong! (define x 0) (set! x 1) x => 1 Some interpreters may implicitly define variables when you try to set! them for the first time, thereby making DEFINE and SET! /appear/ to be the same. -- Nils M Holm <n m h @ t 3 x . o r g> -- http://t3x.org/nmh/ On Thu, 5 Apr 200...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

Why can't push a "const auto_ptr" into a "vector"
Hi, I want to push a const auto_ptr into a vector, but the compile reports errors. Below is the code. class Folder; class Result; class Results { public: int size(){return _Items.size();} const vector<const auto_ptr<Result> >& Items()const{return _Items;} Results(); ~Results(); private: vector<const auto_ptr<Result> > _Items; }; Results::Results() { typedef list<const auto_ptr<Result> > ResultVector; Result* hdresult = new Result(); auto_ptr<Result> hdptr(hdresult); _Items.push_back(hdptr); } The c...

Help with outlook Access "allow access e-mail addresses"
Hello, I have developed a Access application that needs to read mail from Outlook, versions on Access and outlook are 2003. In the code i use mapi to connect to outlook. When i tries to read the subject of a message outlook displays "A program is trying to access e-mail adresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this." And then i can allow access for max 10 minutes. My application is use scheduled statupm creating reports without man-macine interferance so i need to disable this message. I have tried with modifiing registry KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Security (change 10.0 to 9.0 for Outlook 2000 SP3 or to 11.0 for Outlook 2003) Under that key, add a new string value named Level1Remove. and added . mdb but this doesn't work. I would prefer a solution where I can change the application or change some registry settings, that only affects access applications. The last resort would be to install a program that disconnects the security for all types of programs. Thanks Mikael Sjoeblom Following are cut outs of the application. Public Sub OutlookReadNewMail(intComputerGroup As Integer) On Error GoTo Err_OutlookReadNewMail Dim olApp As OutLook.Application Dim Olmapi As OutLook.NameSpace Dim Olfolder As OutLook.MAPIFolder Dim olMail As Object 'Have to late bind as appointments e.t.c screw it up Dim OlItems As OutLook.Items .. .. .. 'Create a connection to outlook Set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Applicat...

Can't locate object method "first" via package "attempt" (perhaps you forgot to load "attempt"?) at ....
"Can't locate object method "first" via package "attempt" (perhaps you forgot to load "attempt"?) at E:\Inetpub\....\N_Clt_prf.pl line 38."I get this error on a perl program that prints & processed a form.Program was working until I made a simple (cosmetic) change. Could not find any reference to this error.Could anyone our there help?Thanks. "GMI" <Admin@GoMonitor.com> wrote in news:11bbgp4iovmsdb@corp.supernews.com: > "Can't locate object method "first" via package "attempt" (perhaps you >...

Can't use "open my" with pipe
This works: open SOURCE 'gunzip -c test.rdf.gz|' or die $!; my $source = \*SOURCE; This doesn't ("No such file or directory"): open my $source, '<', 'gunzip -c test.rdf.gz|' or die $!; Can latter syntax be made to work, if modified? (Rationale: Fits into one line...) jain@gmx.net (Eric) wrote in news:835c2e5d.0308070457.76803137 @posting.google.com: > This works: > > open SOURCE 'gunzip -c test.rdf.gz|' or die $!; > my $source = \*SOURCE; > > This doesn't ("No such file or directory"): It does ...

[OT] Nit: please don't user "it's" unless you can substitute "it is" without changing your inteded meaning.
Typos happen to all of us, but in case you hadn't realized what "it's" is a contraction for ("it is"), now you do, and you can save yourself further embarrassment (assuming you care ;-). If your friends won't tell you, who will ;-) Write the contraction "it's" only when you want its meaning to be "it is," otherwise it's wrong ;-) OTOH, how does one punctuate the posessive of a word per se? E.g., the first letter of "it" is "i", but can one write that as "it"'s first letter is "i," or it...

Web resources about - Access 97, W2K, "can't open the mail session" - comp.databases.ms-access