ACCESS accessibility from a C++ process launched from an ACCESS form

Here is my problem. From an ACCESS form, I run a C++ process reaching
the same database in read/write mode via the ODBC driver. An error
occurs: " The database has been placed by an unknown user in a state
preventing it from being opened either locked. SQLSetConnectAttr
failure of the pilot " (Nota : translated approximatively from the
french error message). However, if I have used an another form before
(eg. to modify a table), or if I have modified myself a record of any
table, there is no problem. It seems that the database is in a state "
read-only " by default until there is some modification made directly
with ACCESS.
Do you know a mean to solve this problem or to make this manual
operation automatically/systematically ? Thanks.

System used : Windows XP pro
Access used : ACCESS 2002

Sorry Fred, I'm not familiar with your problem. From what you wrote however,
this is
what I would do (until I found a better solution):

1. Create a Temp Table with one field (of any type, I would use yes/no)
     let's call it tblTempODBC_Unlock

2. On the "On Open" event of the form that runs the C++ process add code
    to open the table, change the value of the first field, save the changes
and
    close the table.

now you should be ready to use your C++ process without any problems!

Good Luck

Tom C

"Fred F." <ffontanari@ifrance.com> wrote in message
> Here is my problem. From an ACCESS form, I run a C++ process reaching
> the same database in read/write mode via the ODBC driver. An error
> occurs: " The database has been placed by an unknown user in a state
> preventing it from being opened either locked. SQLSetConnectAttr
> failure of the pilot " (Nota : translated approximatively from the
> french error message). However, if I have used an another form before
> (eg. to modify a table), or if I have modified myself a record of any
> table, there is no problem. It seems that the database is in a state "
> read-only " by default until there is some modification made directly
> with ACCESS.
> Do you know a mean to solve this problem or to make this manual
> operation automatically/systematically ? Thanks.
>
> System used : Windows XP pro
> Access used : ACCESS 2002

0
ctec (3)

Accessing Access

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Accessing webservice from access
Hi Is it possible to call a web service that returns a dataset, from access? Could I please have an example of how to call such a service from access? Thanks Regards "John" <john@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:40d73cf3$0$287$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com... > Hi > > Is it possible to call a web service that returns a dataset, from access? > Could I please have an example of how to call such a service from access? > > Thanks > > Regards I don't know if there's an easier way but you can use the MSXML object. I suggest you download and install the MS web services toolkit. In it you'll find a bunch of whitepapers and examples. Take a look at Building and Deploying Visual Basic for Applications Web Service Clients ...

Access Controls in Access
How on access can you set access controls to your users? If they log in with one username and password they can just read information and if they log in with another username and password they can read and write? I have no idea how to do this, is it even possible?? Thank you Try playing with the access security tool, you can add users, groups, passwords, read/write allowances etc. to your database using that. Its under the 'Tools' menu of Access. Brian wrote: > Try playing with the access security tool, you can add users, groups, > passwords, read/write allowances etc. to your database using that. > Its under the 'Tools' menu of Access. Playing is not the proper word for it. I would never "play" with installing security without a backup copy of the System.mdw file or a backup of the application. You should also recommend the SecFaq when "playing" with security. http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/techpapers.htm. Dangerous http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASIVv_LiBoU Yeah i suppose playing wasn't the correct word for it. Hey Thanks for both your help. I'll try that. "Hanny J" <hannyjones@aol.com> wrote > Thanks for both your help. I'll try that. Note that a well-versed author and authority, Roger Jenkins, back in the days of Access 2.0, characterized Access' Security as "labrynthine". It has not gotten any less complex, and I caution that, while it is "doable&qu...

Access parameters and accessibility
I'm reading the book "Programming in Ada 2005" of John Barnes and I have difficulties to understand the chapter about access parameters. In chapter 10.7 on pages 197/198 he writes: --- An access parameter can be passed on to another access parameter; typically the accessibility indication is passed on unchanged but in the unusual circumstance where the called subprogram is internal to the calling subprogram, the accessibility level is replaced by that of the (statically known) formal calling parameter if less than the original actual parameter. --- Could some...

Accessing Notes from Access
Hello All, We have been charged with extracting some information from a notes database, into access or excel. We don't own any lotus products at all. We've tried installing NotesSQL odbc driver, which appears to install just fine, but it doesn't add any odbc driver to the listing, and when I run the admin tool it tells me that we don't have any appropriate version of notes on the machine. The system prereq stated we needed one of the lotus apps. So, I assume that we won't have access to the notessql driver unless we get a copy of notes or domino. The...

Spawning Access from Access
Hello, Is it possible to spawn an Access program from another Access program with out going to a batch file or something? I would like to have an Access main menu and bring up a different front end Access program depending on the menu selection. I'm using Access 2000. Thanks, Hank Reed On 27 Dec 2004 05:26:34 -0800, "Hank" <hankrunner@aol.com> wrote: Sure. You can use Automation like this: dim o as new Access.Application o.visible=true o.OpenCurrentDatabase "c:\two.mdb", False -Tom. >Hello, >Is it possible to spawn an Access program from another Access >program with out going to a batch file or something? I would like to >have an Access main menu and bring up a different front end Access >program depending on the menu selection. I'm using Access 2000. >Thanks, >Hank Reed "Tom van Stiphout" <no.spam.tom7744@cox.net> wrote in message news:2780t0p6gsq3ivqfcsn0e2a4km00prj1uj@4ax.com... > On 27 Dec 2004 05:26:34 -0800, "Hank" <hankrunner@aol.com> wrote: > > Sure. You can use Automation like this: > dim o as new Access.Application > o.visible=true > o.OpenCurrentDatabase "c:\two.mdb", False There is also the Shell command. You can create a number of databases in one mdb file. Unless the 'separate databases are really big, this is a practical solution. On 27 Dec 2004 05:26:34 -0800, "Hank" <hankrunner@aol.com> wrote: >Hello...

Access to Excel to Access
I have a form with two text boxes, text1 and text2. What I need is a button that exports each text box to a specific cell in an excel file, the excel file needs to be refreshed/updated so a calculation will run and the cell containing the calculation result is passed back to a third text box on the form in access. Ideas? fonzie wrote: > I have a form with two text boxes, text1 and text2. What I need is a > button that exports each text box to a specific cell in an excel file, > the excel file needs to be refreshed/updated so a calculation will run > and the cell containing the calculation result is passed back to a > third text box on the form in access. Ideas? Do the calculations in Access. Access can't do the calculations that excel can. fonzie wrote: > Access can't do the calculations that excel can. Which functions are you trying to use? I already figured it out. Dim objXL As Object Set objXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") objXL.workbooks.Open "c:\examples\test.xls" objXL.range("a2").Value = Me.text1 objXL.range("a3").Value = Me.text2 Me.text3 = objXL.range("c4").Value objXL.activeworkbook.saved = True objXL.Quit Set objXL = Nothing Very well! I appreciate you post your solution. Do you care to share that formula in C4? I'm rather curious as to what that may be. (And of course I feel challenged... can't do... I wrote a flight simulator in Ac...

Web resources about - ACCESS accessibility from a C++ process launched from an ACCESS form - comp.databases.ms-access

Accessibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the related design concept, see Universal design . For the logical notion, see Accessibility relation . For accessibility on the internet, ...

Accessibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the related design concept, see Universal design . For the logical notion, see Accessibility relation . For accessibility on the internet, ...

Accessibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the related design concept, see Universal design . For the logical notion, see Accessibility relation . For accessibility on the internet, ...

Accessibility - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the related design concept, see Universal design . For the logical notion, see Accessibility relation . For accessibility on the internet, ...

Facebook Improves Accessibility Of Mobile Apps
Facebook is a wonderfully picturesque site , and the company wants those who are visually impaired to be able to experience that, as well. The ...

Designing for Accessibility: Q&A with Jeff Wieland - Facebook
Facebook Design hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Designing for Accessibility: Q&A with Jeff Wieland geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text ...

Application Accessibility Improves in Facebook Redesign
As announced earlier today, Facebook this evening released updates to the new site design that make it easier for users to find and bookmark ...

Accessibility Oz (@accessibilityoz) on Twitter
Accessibility Oz (@accessibilityoz) on Twitter

iOS 7 Accessibility Improvements for Switch Users
Christopher Hills explains the news-to-me accessibility improvements in iOS 7 for users of switches (like this one, from Tecla ).

Government: Sydney improving accessibility with new 'wayfinding' network
A new signage system will make it easier to get around the city.