Access Form --> Hyperlink to Excel --> Return to Original Access Form ?

I have an Access 2000 form that has a Hyperlink that opens an Excel
2000 worksheet located in the same network folder as the Access MDB.

The Hyperlink works great.

When users close the Excel File, they must choose the correct open
Access form on the Windows Desktop Taskbar to return to the Access form
that had the Hyperlink.

Is there a way to:

1.  Open the Access Form
2.  Launch the Hyperlink to the Excel Workbook
3.  Exit Excel, then
4.  Return to the original Access form automatically - without clicking
anything (such as the the TaskBar)

I just need help with #4.

Or, is there a better way to do this?

Thanks
John

0
johnfrani (6)

John wrote:
> I have an Access 2000 form that has a Hyperlink that opens an Excel
> 2000 worksheet located in the same network folder as the Access MDB.
>
> The Hyperlink works great.
>
> When users close the Excel File, they must choose the correct open
> Access form on the Windows Desktop Taskbar to return to the Access form
> that had the Hyperlink.
>
> Is there a way to:
>
> 1.  Open the Access Form
> 2.  Launch the Hyperlink to the Excel Workbook
> 3.  Exit Excel, then
> 4.  Return to the original Access form automatically - without clicking
> anything (such as the the TaskBar)
>
> I just need help with #4.
>
> Or, is there a better way to do this?
>
> Thanks
> John

See if the code at http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm works better.

0
oil (4047)
7/19/2006 11:22:51 PM
Thanks for the response.
I will examine the code.

John

salad wrote:
> John wrote:
> > I have an Access 2000 form that has a Hyperlink that opens an Excel
> > 2000 worksheet located in the same network folder as the Access MDB.
> >
> > The Hyperlink works great.
> >
> > When users close the Excel File, they must choose the correct open
> > Access form on the Windows Desktop Taskbar to return to the Access form
> > that had the Hyperlink.
> >
> > Is there a way to:
> >
> > 1.  Open the Access Form
> > 2.  Launch the Hyperlink to the Excel Workbook
> > 3.  Exit Excel, then
> > 4.  Return to the original Access form automatically - without clicking
> > anything (such as the the TaskBar)
> >
> > I just need help with #4.
> >
> > Or, is there a better way to do this?
> >
> > Thanks
> > John
> >
> See if the code at http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm works better.

0
johnfrani (6)

ACCESS accessibility from a C++ process launched from an ACCESS form
Here is my problem. From an ACCESS form, I run a C++ process reaching the same database in read/write mode via the ODBC driver. An error occurs: " The database has been placed by an unknown user in a state preventing it from being opened either locked. SQLSetConnectAttr failure of the pilot " (Nota : translated approximatively from the french error message). However, if I have used an another form before (eg. to modify a table), or if I have modified myself a record of any table, there is no problem. It seems that the database is in a state " read-only " by default until th...

form access to form excel
Hello, How may I pass in VBA a value from a control in a access 2003 form to a control in a excel 2003 form ? I try this but it does'nt run: (oApp=word.application) oApp.Forms("saisie").tbnom.Value = Form_Form1.tbnom.Value & " " & Form_Form1.tbprenom.Value Thanks. ...

Hiding Access Main Form/tables/queries/forms/etc
Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms etc programmatically? Michael On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:16 -0600, "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com> wrote: >Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. > >Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms >etc programmatically? > Yes. Take a look here for some API code that will manipulate the Access window. http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm - Jim Another way, with probably less control than the...

Accessing Access

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Access to Excel to Access
I have a form with two text boxes, text1 and text2. What I need is a button that exports each text box to a specific cell in an excel file, the excel file needs to be refreshed/updated so a calculation will run and the cell containing the calculation result is passed back to a third text box on the form in access. Ideas? fonzie wrote: > I have a form with two text boxes, text1 and text2. What I need is a > button that exports each text box to a specific cell in an excel file, > the excel file needs to be refreshed/updated so a calculation will run > and the cell containing the calculation result is passed back to a > third text box on the form in access. Ideas? Do the calculations in Access. Access can't do the calculations that excel can. fonzie wrote: > Access can't do the calculations that excel can. Which functions are you trying to use? I already figured it out. Dim objXL As Object Set objXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") objXL.workbooks.Open "c:\examples\test.xls" objXL.range("a2").Value = Me.text1 objXL.range("a3").Value = Me.text2 Me.text3 = objXL.range("c4").Value objXL.activeworkbook.saved = True objXL.Quit Set objXL = Nothing Very well! I appreciate you post your solution. Do you care to share that formula in C4? I'm rather curious as to what that may be. (And of course I feel challenged... can't do... I wrote a flight simulator in Ac...

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

Form freeze (Access 97 and Access 2002)
Problem: Main form and progress bar do not update as data manipulation progresses I have a progress bar located in the status bar and some text boxes on the main form that show the progression of records being read and saved. Me.Repaint is in code to update the form and progress bar. Sometimes the form and progress bar work, but most of the time they freeze and do not show the end-user what's going on. If I <crtl><break> to interrupt the code and then resume running the code, the form works properly from that point by updating the progress bar and record count. When I fir...

How to copy form: Access 2003 to Access 97
Hi all, I have converted a database from Access 2003 to Access 97. Everything gets neatly imported into the new database except for one form which continues to show a fatal error when I try to open it in the new 97 database: "Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. For more information about this error, click here ___." This is a form that I am using as a sub-form on a parent form. The parent form is imported okay but no matter how m...

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to ent...

creating a table for accessing data via Access forms
I have to create an Access 2007 table which has data about different divisions(and departments inside it) of a company. company A has divisions of Sales, Engineering, Customer Support, Corporate Office. Sales division further has departments like marketing, pre-sales department, accounting. Engineering division has departments like Research and Development, Building group, Testing group. Customer Support has departments like Phone Support, Email support, Feedback. Corporate Office has departments like CEO office, Public Relations and so on. For each department of a division like Engineering, there are some methods to gauge performance of the department. For instance, in the Research and Development department, a criteria is set like Sample Criteria Name Sample Value Aim 1 Develop New Products State what/how will 'X' new products be done to achieve will be developed the Aim 1 this year Determine how By mid year 3 new progress will be products will be measured launched in the for reaching Aim 1 market Determine The revenue generated proposed benefit by new products will from Aim 1 be amount 'N' Aim 2 Research new markets State what/how will 'Y' new markets where our be done to achieve company products can be the Aim 2 sold will be found this year D...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Form size question with Access forms, remote desktop, and MS Surface Pro
Hi, I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it off the cloud. Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the people that are hosting our software can do. -paulw On Monday, 29 February 2016 17:30:11 UTC, PW wrote: > Hi, > > I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: > > We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When > we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from > an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are > so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the > cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it > off the cloud. > > Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the > people that are hosting our software can do. > > -paulw It will cost you, but have a look at a program called "ShrinkerStrether from Peter's Software (http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm) This should shrink or stretch forms and all their controls to match the scr...

Populating PDF forms from Access database or Excel or ASCI
How do I populate PDF forms from an Access database, Excel spreadsheet or a text file? I can populate one form but don't know how to do more than one (multiple records). I have seen references to FDF Toolkit but know nothing about it and can't find info. I have Adobe 6.0 Standard. Thank you "John" <jbenoit@cwwc.com> wrote in message news:231d02da.0309201006.7ae7375d@posting.google.com... > How do I populate PDF forms from an Access database, Excel spreadsheet > or a text file? I can populate one form but don't know how to do more > than one (multiple records). If you're using Windows, try a Google Groups search with "Re: Access to MS-Access database with the Reader via ODBC" for info that might help you get started. > I have seen references to FDF Toolkit but know nothing about it and > can't find info. Have you tried a Google search? Planet PDF? > I have Adobe 6.0 Standard. > Thank you You're very welcome. Good luck! Bill Segraves Version 5 of the FDF toolkit is available at http://partners.adobe.com/asn/acrobat/forms.jsp I don't think Adobe has posted one for Acrobat 6. The Version 5 one lagged Acrobat 5 by several months. If you are interested, I can send you some ASP code that creates an fdf from SQL 7. "William Alexander Segraves" <wsegrave@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:FH4bb.43205$NM1.29549@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > "John" <jbenoit...

Web resources about - Access Form --> Hyperlink to Excel --> Return to Original Access Form ? - comp.databases.ms-access

Hyperlink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A hyperlink points to a whole document or to a specific element within a document. Hypertext is text with hyperlinks. A software system for viewing ...

SA Supreme Court rules Dr Janice Duffy was defamed by Google through its hyperlinks, auto-complete and ...
A FORMER SA Health researcher has won a six-year legal battle against Google, proving she was defamed by the internet giant due to the way it ...

Banned hyperlinks could cost you $11,000 a day
The Australian communications regulator says it will fine people who hyperlink to sites on its blacklist, which continues to be controversially ...

ANALYSIS - Supreme Court hyperlink decision a victory for free speech
A hyperlink by itself should never be seen as 'publication' of other content, the Supreme Court said. But when it comes to libel the court did ...

Review: HyperLink is a great, inexpensive steel bracelet for the Apple Watch
Apple's own stainless steel link bracelet is too expensive for many of us to consider. HyperLink, however, is a less expensive alternative that ...

Apple's 'audio hyperlink' tech can control devices with inaudible sonic pulses
An Apple patent filing published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Thursday describes a method of encoding hyperlinks into an audio ...

Europe’s top court mulls legality of hyperlinks to copyrighted content
(credit: Hernán Piñera ) Europe's highest court is considering whether every hyperlink in a Web page should be checked for potentially linking ...

How Effective Hyperlinks Can Help Your Blog
... link text explain exactly where the link is leading you or does it say something generic like click here ? When I saw Writing Effective Hyperlinks ...

Gmail's Shortcut for Inserting Hyperlinks
... doesn't mean Google shouldn't improve them. Many people complained that Gmail's rich text editor doesn't have a shortcut for inserting hyperlinks ...

Scientology loss keeps hyperlinks legal
The Church of Scientology loses a courtroom battle to compel a Dutch writer and her ISP to remove postings from a Web site, in a ruling that ...