Access Forms: Set different field background color based on text box value

Hi all,
  I am trying to set different background color based on text box
value on a form. Basically, I have one form that display many lines of
records(record source is a query), in each of the lines, if a text box
named "status" is "C", THe line will be shown in green, else in red.
  Can this be done? ANyone can help me with this?

Rgds,
Vic
0
li.shen (6)

See:
    http://www.lebans.com/conditionalformatting.htm

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia.

"Vic" <li.shen@uq.edu.au> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>  I am trying to set different background color based on text box
> value on a form. Basically, I have one form that display many lines of
> records(record source is a query), in each of the lines, if a text box
> named "status" is "C", THe line will be shown in green, else in red.
>  Can this be done? ANyone can help me with this?
>

> Rgds,
> Vic

0
AllenBrowne (3681)

MS Access
I've got a bound report with a query as the record source. I'm adding a total to the footer and have inserted a text box to display it. I'm attempting to set the control source of the text box to a different sum aggregate query using the expression builder. When I select the query and it's single field, single row field it inserts the following in the control source box for the text box. =[Qrydetsum_offtotal]![Office_total] I've tested the query ( Qrydetsum_offtotal ) independently and it runs and returns a single value each time for the calculated field, Office_total. But when the report runs it simply displays #error. As an alternative I've tried to load the result of the query into a variable and then reference the variable in the control source of the text box, but when I do that, nothing seems to happen. I'm sort of new to VBA, so if anyone has suggestions about how to do this or a simpler way, I'd appreciate the input. Thanks, Bob Bob: If you are looking up a single value then the DLookup function will probably work. There is also a DSum function when you need to calculate a sum from a table or query different from the record source. Information on both of these can be found in Access Help. -- David Lloyd MCSD .NET http://LemingtonConsulting.com This response is supplied "as is" without any representations or warranties. "Bob" <rmcintire@network-spectrum.com> wrote in message news:111768...

Access 2003
Fellows, Have an application with numerous forms, each containing multiple bound text boxes. As the user tabs from field to field down any of the forms, I want to change the selected text box background color from a white default to a different color, to make it easy to spot which field has the focus at any time. I am currently accomplishing this by using each text box's GotFocus and LostFocus events, each with a different textbox.backcolor color code which works perfectly. This, however, requires an enormous amount of labor in a large application, as two events have to be set for every single text box. Is there a way to accomplish the same with one block of code elsewhere in the application, hopefully public code in a module? Thanks in advance for any help or ideas. Arsene Arsene@selenium.net wrote: > Fellows, > > Have an application with numerous forms, each containing multiple > bound text boxes. As the user tabs from field to field down any of the > forms, I want to change the selected text box background color from a > white default to a different color, to make it easy to spot which > field has the focus at any time. I am currently accomplishing this by > using each text box's GotFocus and LostFocus events, each with a > different textbox.backcolor color code which works perfectly. This, > however, requires an enormous amount of labor in a large application, > as two events have to be set for every single text box. > &...

MS Access Create form / report with multiple pages using different background images
MS Access Create form / report with multiple pages using different background images Hi, Would like to have users fill out a multipage form, and then click a print button, which pulls up the info just entered for a particular record and print out multiple pages of forms, each page having a different image as background. 1) Anyone know how to make a form with multiple pages that different images as background? 2) Anyone know a way to create a multipage report where each page has a different background image (but the data across all of the pages come from the same record)? Thanks, George ghadley_00@yahoo.com ...

Accessing text form fields name=field[label]

Playing & recording WAVE-type sound in MS Access
I've followed the instructions found on Microsoft's site... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;149119&Product=acc97 Here are those instructions... To play and record sounds, follow these steps: Create the following new table in Design view: Table: Messages ----------------------- Field Name: Message Data Type: OLE Object Save the table as Messages, and then close the table. Create a new form in Design view based on the Messages table. Add the following controls to the form: Bound Object Frame: Name: Message ...

Unbound text box, text>255, MS Access/PostgreSQL
Hello. I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a commentary of a batch of records. There is a DAO Append Query that has a parameter that is passed from the text box using parameter of DAO QueryDef object. I adjusted B7 parameter (Text as LongVarchar) in connection string (ODBC driver) to 1, so that Access links PostgreSQL Text fields as Memo fields in Access. The intention was to be able to enter unlimited length commentary into the field. But, although I can enter unlimited text by using bound text box in some other forms, in this particular form I can't use bound control, so I need to pass text from UNBOUND control to the linked table by using DAO or ADO code. It seems that DAO query can't accept Memo as parameter, but only text. If my text exceeds length of 255, I have an VBA error 3271. If text in unbound text box is shorter that 255 everything is OK. So, is there any way to pass text of length >255 from unbound text box to Memo field of linked PostgreSQL table, by using DAO or ADO ? Thanks in advance, Zlatko On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 01:15:54 +0200, "Zlatko Mati�" <zlatko.matic1@sb.t-com.hr> wrote: >Hello. >I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: >There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a >commentary of a batch of records. >There is a DAO Append Query tha...

Accessing text box value
Hi I am trying to access the value of a textbox in its 'on change' event as follows; msgbox Me.Company.Text But I am getting the error 'You can't reference a property or method for a control unless the control has the focus.'. How can I get the current text in the textbox as the user types each character? Thanks Regards John wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to access the value of a textbox in its 'on change' event as > follows; > > msgbox Me.Company.Text > > But I am getting the error 'You can't reference a property or method f...

ACCESS accessibility from a C++ process launched from an ACCESS form
Here is my problem. From an ACCESS form, I run a C++ process reaching the same database in read/write mode via the ODBC driver. An error occurs: " The database has been placed by an unknown user in a state preventing it from being opened either locked. SQLSetConnectAttr failure of the pilot " (Nota : translated approximatively from the french error message). However, if I have used an another form before (eg. to modify a table), or if I have modified myself a record of any table, there is no problem. It seems that the database is in a state " read-only " by default until th...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Accessing Access

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

Web resources about - Access Forms: Set different field background color based on text box value - comp.databases.ms-access

Historical background of the New Testament - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They look at the "forces" such as the Oral Gospel tradition which were in play regarding the Jewish culture at that time, and the tensions, trends, ...

Android App OStream Speeds Up Facebook Experience By Synchronizing Content In Background
Facebook’s newly revamped Android application was rebuilt with a focus on speed, and startup oStream wants to help users of devices on that operating ...

Background for Dick Armey’s Endorsement of “Nothing for the Nation”
To truly grasp the profound nature of Dick Armey’s endorsement of Nothing for the Nation: Who Got What Out of Iraq, one must understand the events ...

Facebook Photos Gets Polish: White Background, Bigger Images That Load Faster
... Facebook product manager Justin Shaffer describes a new version of Facebook’s photo viewer coming out now. In place of the black lightbox background ...

Easy Background Tasks in ASP.NET
As I work on the badge implementation for Stack Overflow, I needed a way to call the code that detects and awards the badges out of band. Traditionally ...

Wallpaper Studio Pro HD - Themes & Backgrounds for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Wallpaper Studio Pro HD - Themes & Backgrounds on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Apple/FBI fight looks destined to go all the way to the Supreme Court as more background is revealed
... doubt about Apple’s determination to fight the matter all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, that doubt appears to be removed by further background ...

Play YouTube in the background with this trick
... has found an interesting little trick, or should we say bug, using Google’s Chrome browser that allows you to leave videos playing in the background. First ...

Opera claims you're using 30 percent of your mobile data on background apps
... through it. Unless you're predominantly on Wi-Fi then you're likely wondering where all of that data is going. The answer, of course, is background ...

Everyone manually closes all their background apps, right?
Apple software engineering VP Craig Federighi recently dispelled one of the more long-standing myths about iPhone battery life. In short, if ...